JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    I have been reading some blogs and message board conversations and have a question. It seems some people do not log fruit and vegetables in as they count them as zero calorie. I have been logging all of mine, which way is best do you think?
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Soooo.....if it takes 21 days to build a habit, (although it might be longer for ADHD peeps) my new goal is to consistently log for 21 days to make more of a habit by summer. I'm not to the meal plans in Always Hungry, i see that he says logging/tracking isn't necessary, but i'm such a visual person, i think i need to see what i'm eating.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    Soooo.....if it takes 21 days to build a habit, (although it might be longer for ADHD peeps) my new goal is to consistently log for 21 days to make more of a habit by summer. I'm not to the meal plans in Always Hungry, i see that he says logging/tracking isn't necessary, but i'm such a visual person, i think i need to see what i'm eating.

I personally have only ever been able to lose weight when logging and tracking, even before MFP I lost by keeping a notebook and logging all of my meals.
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I have been reading some blogs and message board conversations and have a question. It seems some people do not log fruit and vegetables in as they count them as zero calorie. I have been logging all of mine, which way is best do you think?

I think that it depends on your particular dietary needs and plan you're following, I don't know what those people are hoping to achieve by selectively logging but in my experience the Kj from fruit and vegetables add quite significantly towards my allowance and fruit is really high in sugar so I have to monitor intake closely.
  • nikki8412
    nikki8412 Posts: 108 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    nikki8412 wrote: »
    JFT:
    1. Prelog all food. :)
    2. Go for a walk. :)
    3. Work out at gym for first time in weeks! It felt so good to be back and see my friends. I was able to do way more than I thought too. :)
    4. Drink a gallon of water so breastfeeding not impacted. :)
    5. No eating late.
    :|Realized this is impossible for now. Instead of eating junk I had some cheddar cheese and ham which satiated me.

JFT:
    1. Prelog all food.
    2. Go for a walk.
    3. Work out at gym.
    4. Drink a gallon of water so breastfeeding not impacted.
    5. No eating junk late.
    6. Read my devotional and do gratitude list.
    7. Cook more food.

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys
    Happy birthday CK
    uiecbemahr4n.jpg
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    JFT:

Eat within macros
    2 litres of water
    Vitamin d
    Lift
    C25K
    Planks
    10k steps
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,084 Member
    Options
    Had a really good day at the bank. I'm starting at my home branch tomorrow! I can't wait! I love so much about this bank and my branch. I think my two favorite things are the fact that the branch manager has the exact same personality as my best friend and my branch doesnt have a drive-thru!!!! I can't begin to tell you how much I hate being a new teller and having to deal with a drive-thru. It's really hard to get people to send in their ID's when they are out in a car. AND! I dont have to stand the whole day. I am also technically a CSR which means I can open accounts and things(I haven't learned that yet) but it means that I get to sit behind a desk. I know most people things that that is just normal life. Well, it's never been the normal life for me since I graduated high school. It's going to be really nice!

I hope everyone is having a great night! The DH is demanding cuddle time. Lol

... a drive-thru bank?
    Does everything in the US gave a drive-thru version lol!!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Well we are the country of convenience after all. Lol.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Had a really good day at the bank. I'm starting at my home branch tomorrow! I can't wait! I love so much about this bank and my branch. I think my two favorite things are the fact that the branch manager has the exact same personality as my best friend and my branch doesnt have a drive-thru!!!! I can't begin to tell you how much I hate being a new teller and having to deal with a drive-thru. It's really hard to get people to send in their ID's when they are out in a car. AND! I dont have to stand the whole day. I am also technically a CSR which means I can open accounts and things(I haven't learned that yet) but it means that I get to sit behind a desk. I know most people things that that is just normal life. Well, it's never been the normal life for me since I graduated high school. It's going to be really nice!

... a drive-thru bank?

Ha! I admit I did miss my drive through banks when living in Belgium. Also, the bank would close during the day, which was most inconvenient. And trying to cash a check from the U.S. was an effort on their part...they don't have checkbooks there, even for personal use, as in if I wanted to send someone a check as a birthday gift. Do y'all have checks?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    ... a drive-thru bank?

Now you know why so many americans are so overweight!! We definitely are a country of lazy people who don't like to even get out of a car! Did you know that on Ash Wednesday, there was even a church that had a "drive-thru" version where you could get ashes on your forehead! I even thought to myself how ridicious that was. I guess the minister would meet you at the car window, say a prayer, and put ashes on your forehead!
  • mytime6630
    Options

I absolutely LOVE reading your posts!! You are so excited about your new job, your hubby, etc. ..... makes my day! This bank is lucky to have found someone like you to work for them ..... as that happiness will wear off on others. So proud of you, and so happy for you!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @clicketykeys
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    Start again because I can't locate my last JFT post sooooo....
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Work :)
    4. Brush and floss :)
    5. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Scrappy Bags
    4. Work on binding quilt
    5. Walk in evening