JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes.
    2. Read social media articles. Begin essay. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Children of Blood and Bone. Get laptops for finals. What to do with 2nd? Finish Odyssey for those who haven't!
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Divide up reflections with units and courses. Review standards and assign to units. Create assessments that align to standards.
    5. Shoulder therapy. Chop more celery. Dinner - Soup Plus? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. Meds upon return from park. Leave for park by 5:00. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Friday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes. TAKE SALAD FOR DINNER.
    2. Read social media articles. Type essay. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Anu. Get laptops for finals. Grade finals. Input grades and print report. Type Week 2 post.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Divide up reflections with units and courses. Review standards and assign to units. Create assessments that align to standards.
    5. Shoulder therapy. Chop more celery. Dinner - Salad? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. Stay through to graduation. Finish and submit essay. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 30 min after return from school. Alarm set for 7:00.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Your grandmother sounds like a very wise woman. She is exactly right! You get to just enjoy them and see the world through the eyes of a child...and it is awesome!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    PROGRESS
    Kept the goals yesterday.
    Under calories with exercise, thank you recumbent bike. Got a used one on Amazon = works great.

What a great idea! I would love to have a recumbant bike but never thought about looking on Amazon for a used one!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Thursday:
    1. Stay in the GREEN :)
    2. 80 oz of water :)
    3. Sit less--stand up every 30 minutes :)
    4. Take two 15-minute walks at work :(
    5. Start morning with inspirational reading and quiet time :smile: I did start it by listening to a podcast, so that's inspirational...
    6. Work on self-confidence. Practice positive self-talk and patience :)Did pretty good at work today
    7. One random act of kindness :)
    8. FitBit goals: 6000 steps :) , 250 steps 12/12 hours ;)7/12 so better than normal!, 30 minutes activity ;)15 minutes....better than nothing!
    9. Bed early to rest for trip. I'm still exhausted from last weekend! :) Hoping to hit the hay soon.

Wow! It's hard to get back into the swing when you have't been journaling for over a week! Feels good though. I am a creature of routine.

Packed up the quilting stuff to bring to my mom's this weekend. I'm so excited to have her show me how to finish it the correct way! Also packed books to read on the way down and my bullet journal. I have a ton of things I want to keep track of in there. Little notes all over in my purse.

Work went well today! I think I am starting to come into my own a little bit in this job. I have been rather quiet and unsure of myself. If I want to succeed in this position, I MUST gain confidence in my knowledge and stop second guessing every decision I make. I need to exude confidence in meetings. I am really working on this but I've struggled with self-confidence my whole life so it's really a tough one for me.

Just for Friday
    1. Stay green.
    2. Drink 80 oz of water
    3. Make healthy choices while on the road
    4. Be patient. Count to 10. Be kind. This is going to be a very difficult trip with a lot of tension, and I need to keep the peace.
    5. Get up early and get packed. Be out the door at 9:00 a.m.
    6. Remember to grab directions to hotel
    7. Do not hit Snooze in the morning
    8. Get caught up on this thread and my other threads which I have not been on in a week!
    9. Get on here tomorrow and be accountable!

Tiny Habits:
    1. After I pour my first cup of coffee, I will read one verse of scripture
    2. After I read one verse of scripture, I will say my morning prayers
    3. After I finish dinner clean-up, I will go outside and get some fresh air

Be the change you want to see in the world.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bit of a bust. Started off well, but ended up going to the pub in the evening and eating naughty food. Quite a bit of it. A few reasons for this:
    - I was in my 'Friday' mood as have the day off today so for me was start of weekend
    - I'd had training where I learnt a few things about myself that I didn't really like
    - It was supposed to be 'quality time' night and I felt that if we were at home we wouldn't end up having as much fun (partly because I was exhausted, but also because something about the flat makes interacting less fun. I think perhaps it's the mess, or the fact that the evidence of 'chores to do' is all around, or the fact that we'd be sitting on comfy sleep inducing sofas....)

So, all commitments relating to food not met. However across the week as a whole I haven't gained despite over-eating several times, so I can't complain. This next week I commit to losing at least a pound!!! I only have one social event planned and I figure I can avoid eating at it, so there is no excuse.

Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :/
    - Stick to food plan :/
    - 2+ bottles water :smile:
    - Run to work :smiley:
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (at lunch) :smile:
    - 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - French podcast + article + book :/ Only 1/3
    - Leave work by 6.25 :neutral: 6.40
    - Quality time boyfriend :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 2+ bottles water
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (when boyfriend gets home)

- French podcast + article + book
    - Tidy the flat
    - De clutter emails
    - Go to gym
    - Make career planning plan of action, including list of things to consider
    - Review jobs (potentially apply?)
    - Do 'what job should you do' tools

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
    19th - 30 mins :smile:
    20th - 30 mins :smile:
    21st - 30 mins :smile:
    22nd - 15 mins :smile:
    23rd - 20 mins :smile:
    24th - 15 mins :smile:
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I won't let recovering from illness be an excuse for eating more. (It...kinda was, yesterday. I didn't go over, but it was close.)
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I missed a couple of days. Let's try this again:

JFT, 5/24

1. Drink 64 ounces of water
    2. Stay under on calories
    3. Physical therapy exercises
    4. Fitness Blender workout
    5. Hit protein goal
    6. Complete/pick up grocery order
    7. Hit calcium goal

1. :) Got here but had to use some flavored sparkling to round it out.
    2. :)
    3. :)
    4. :neutral: My back ached to the point where I couldn't do this. I tried moving a bit to see if it would ease the pain but it didn't help.
    5. :neutral: Got derailed by a donut. Couldn't fit the remainder of my protein into my day and still hit my caloric goal. Should be well over today though if I stick to my plan.
    6. :)
    7. :neutral: See: donut.

JFT 5/25

1. Drink 64 ounces of pure water in addition to any flavored sparkling water.
    2. Stay in the green on calories.
    3. Physical therapy
    4. Workout...move my body!
    5. Adhere to food plan for protein and calcium goals.
    6. Prep chili and split pea soup for upcoming week.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    JFY (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Complete 2 orders from my shop :)
    7. Last minute garage sale errands :)

JFT (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Run garage sale
    6. Mow lawn with my son if it doesn't rain
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    PROGRESS
    Kept the goals yesterday.
    Under calories with exercise, thank you recumbent bike. Got a used one on Amazon = works great.

What a great idea! I would love to have a recumbant bike but never thought about looking on Amazon for a used one!

Oh yes..I love it. Mine is in bedroom by window and I don't use for clothes hanger. I either do morning walk or indoor bike if bad weather or pressed for time. It helps open up my hips and my PT says go for it. If i listen to music or read the time flys.
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bit of a bust. Started off well, but ended up going to the pub in the evening and eating naughty food. Quite a bit of it. A few reasons for this:
    - I was in my 'Friday' mood as have the day off today so for me was start of weekend
    - I'd had training where I learnt a few things about myself that I didn't really like
    - It was supposed to be 'quality time' night and I felt that if we were at home we wouldn't end up having as much fun (partly because I was exhausted, but also because something about the flat makes interacting less fun. I think perhaps it's the mess, or the fact that the evidence of 'chores to do' is all around, or the fact that we'd be sitting on comfy sleep inducing sofas....)

So, all commitments relating to food not met. However across the week as a whole I haven't gained despite over-eating several times, so I can't complain. This next week I commit to losing at least a pound!!! I only have one social event planned and I figure I can avoid eating at it, so there is no excuse.

Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :/
    - Stick to food plan :/
    - 2+ bottles water :smile:
    - Run to work :smiley:
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (at lunch) :smile:
    - 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - French podcast + article + book :/ Only 1/3
    - Leave work by 6.25 :neutral: 6.40
    - Quality time boyfriend :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 2+ bottles water
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (when boyfriend gets home)

- French podcast + article + book
    - Tidy the flat
    - De clutter emails
    - Go to gym
    - Make career planning plan of action, including list of things to consider
    - Review jobs (potentially apply?)
    - Do 'what job should you do' tools

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
    19th - 30 mins :smile:
    20th - 30 mins :smile:
    21st - 30 mins :smile:
    22nd - 15 mins :smile:
    23rd - 20 mins :smile:
    24th - 15 mins :smile:

Good luck with the job hunt. Glad you were gentle with yourself for eating naughty food. It happens. Have a good weekend and be good to yourself. We have to remember that we are worth the effort.
    Best, M.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Well after waking at 2am today was never going to be easy! I have been hangry all day but I think (despite large quantities of snacking on fruit) that i am within my goal, even allowing for fitbit burn generosity!

Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅ just!
    - April challenge :/ I think I probably ate fruit when I should have drunk water...
    - May challenge ✅
    - Remember to take laptop, lebkuchen and fruit platter into work ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Set meeting date with SLT to discuss partner School :s must remember tomorrow
    - Speak to Z re environment day ✅
    - Leave on time for 4:30 appt ✅
    - Clean-up/ food prep for E’s visit ✅
    - Early night ✅ this I WILL so shortly

Tomorrow will be a strange day. My ex MIL is visiting as she is taking the girls for the long weekend while I go to a wedding. We get on very well, but she often brings me down talking about the past. She says she feels guilty about the way her son acted. I appreciate it but I want to move on and always end up having to counsel her! No matter, it’s just one evening and I have cleaned and got my room all beautifully ready for her so should just relax now.

Friday goals:
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Pack for wedding trip and check girls’ packing
    - Eyebrows
    - Stay positive!
    - Try and shut down the misery conversation and get an early night!

Have a great end to the week everyone x

Just a thought: is it possible you could plan a craft, game, movie, etc., to do with your former mother-in-law? Maybe doing something you could enjoy together would distract her thoughts. She probably misses you, especially if she has no daughters of her own.

Hang in there! :):)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,768 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday May 24
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :(
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Make some cold calls - :)
    Get paint supplies together - :)

JFT - Friday May 25
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal

Tonight I have a paint night, there will be 6 people there. I just realized I forgot my business cards that I was going to hand out in the hopes of getting more booked. If I can do enough this summer, I am going to fly home this Fall. I am very homesick lately to the point I've been having weird deep dreams every night now for three or four weeks. They are so hard to wake up from and linger most of the morning. I know that it's a culmination of things causing them, my Mother stating my Brother was a "close friend of the family", then my brother taking down our childhood home. I think I just need to go home for a week or so.

Today I am sneaking out of work for a little bit to let a friend load my car up with boxes. She put out a plea on fb the other night looking for assistance. Her husband and her are separating. They have lived together for over 20 years, but only been married for not quite 2. This happens so regularly, I don't understand it. My husband being the smart @$$ he is, says "well the number one leading cause of divorce is marriage". I just shook my head at him. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    Just for today, I won't let recovering from illness be an excuse for eating more. (It...kinda was, yesterday. I didn't go over, but it was close.)

Best to you. Be fierce with lifes problems and gentle with yourself.
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Very rough go recently. Work burnout. Now trying to get back to the more balanced lifestyle I enjoyed a year ago. MFP was a part of that... so here I am again. :)

Yes lots of wisdom courage and support here. Take good care.
    M.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Very rough go recently. Work burnout. Now trying to get back to the more balanced lifestyle I enjoyed a year ago. MFP was a part of that... so here I am again. :)

So glad you have stopped in your tracks and changed directions instead of continuing down that road of destruction. You should find that action hopeful! Stay focused. If you wrote down a vision or goals or why you lost weight, then re-read them again. If you never did so, I suggest writing it down and making it a daily goal to go over it again.

I quit MFP, gained all my weight back...but it was several years before I became committed to MFP again. I am planning and hoping to be a lifelong user---thanks for coming on here and being a great role model---we all fall down/stumble---the key is to not stay down but to get up and move---just like you are doing :)

Peace and joy.
    k8gqdcamacuw.png
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

Just a thought: is it possible you could plan a craft, game, movie, etc., to do with your former mother-in-law? Maybe doing something you could enjoy together would distract her thoughts. She probably misses you, especially if she has no daughters of her own.

Thank you so much for your response. I’ve decided to take her and my kids out for dinner and I’m hoping by the time we get back and sort them for bed and I get packing for the weekend there won’t be too much time to chat!

But it’s a good point about missing me. I think she doesn’t know quite how to handle the new dynamic so I want to try and reassure her. X
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Take it easy :)
    2. Be kind :)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. Meds AM and PM :)
    5. Log all food :)
    6. Ice break out on chin :) It really helps! I only did one 5 minute ice - I really need to do it a few more times. This breakout is a doozy, cystic, wont come to a head, and looks awful right now. I'm so grateful that I don't experience this as regularly as I once did. This is the first bad one in months. I can't really pin it to anything in particular, other than possibly from plucking chin hairs and getting an infected follicle?? Sorry for TMI! That little vent helped me deal with it a little better!

JFT Friday
    1. Dont sweat the small stuff
    2. Lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Log all food
    5. Ice breakout on chin
    6. Will myself to feel better - JK I wish

With that being said - does anyone have a home remedy for soothing a cough at night? I'm fine more or less throughout the day - but once its bed time this little tickle in my throat just wont quit. I've tried nyquil, delsym, cepacol lozenges. Tonight I'm going to try a steam bath and see if that makes a difference.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

Thank you so much for your response. I’ve decided to take her and my kids out for dinner and I’m hoping by the time we get back and sort them for bed and I get packing for the weekend there won’t be too much time to chat!

But it’s a good point about missing me. I think she doesn’t know quite how to handle the new dynamic so I want to try and reassure her. X

That sounds like a great idea...and enjoy your weekend. :)

I should probably post a couple of goals "just for today":

1. Go for a walk
    2. Brush cat.
    3. Do ONE household or yard chore.