Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Take it easy :)
    2. Be kind :)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. Meds AM and PM :)
    5. Log all food :)
    6. Ice break out on chin :) It really helps! I only did one 5 minute ice - I really need to do it a few more times. This breakout is a doozy, cystic, wont come to a head, and looks awful right now. I'm so grateful that I don't experience this as regularly as I once did. This is the first bad one in months. I can't really pin it to anything in particular, other than possibly from plucking chin hairs and getting an infected follicle?? Sorry for TMI! That little vent helped me deal with it a little better!

JFT Friday
    1. Dont sweat the small stuff
    2. Lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Log all food
    5. Ice breakout on chin
    6. Will myself to feel better - JK I wish

With that being said - does anyone have a home remedy for soothing a cough at night? I'm fine more or less throughout the day - but once its bed time this little tickle in my throat just wont quit. I've tried nyquil, delsym, cepacol lozenges. Tonight I'm going to try a steam bath and see if that makes a difference.

My husband was coughing a lot at night and we put a humidifier in the bedroom it seems to have helped quite a bit. Only rarely now does he cough.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

Just a thought: is it possible you could plan a craft, game, movie, etc., to do with your former mother-in-law? Maybe doing something you could enjoy together would distract her thoughts. She probably misses you, especially if she has no daughters of her own.

Hang in there! :):)

Thank you so much for your response. I’ve decided to take her and my kids out for dinner and I’m hoping by the time we get back and sort them for bed and I get packing for the weekend there won’t be too much time to chat!

But it’s a good point about missing me. I think she doesn’t know quite how to handle the new dynamic so I want to try and reassure her. X

I bet she does miss you, my MIL and I are very close, she has told my husband she's keeping me forever even if he doesn't. I tried to leave him once years and years ago, I didn't know who else to turn to so I called her. She came to the house, made me make her a coffee and told him how he was being a jerk. In fairness she told me things I needed to do to. She refused to let me leave with her and wouldn't take him either. I guess she saw something we didn't, because we're still together.
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Crushin' it!
    log calories -stay green :+1:
    watch sugar -monitor :+1:
    get to sleep before 3am :sweat_smile:

JFT Day 114:
    Food log -stay in the green
    keep an eye on sugar and sodium intake
    have a good long sleep in
    post new goals

Repeat after me: The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity -Amelia Earhart.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options

Just a thought: is it possible you could plan a craft, game, movie, etc., to do with your former mother-in-law? Maybe doing something you could enjoy together would distract her thoughts. She probably misses you, especially if she has no daughters of her own.

Thank you so much for your response. I’ve decided to take her and my kids out for dinner and I’m hoping by the time we get back and sort them for bed and I get packing for the weekend there won’t be too much time to chat!

But it’s a good point about missing me. I think she doesn’t know quite how to handle the new dynamic so I want to try and reassure her. X

I bet she does miss you, my MIL and I are very close, she has told my husband she's keeping me forever even if he doesn't. I tried to leave him once years and years ago, I didn't know who else to turn to so I called her. She came to the house, made me make her a coffee and told him how he was being a jerk. In fairness she told me things I needed to do to. She refused to let me leave with her and wouldn't take him either. I guess she saw something we didn't, because we're still together.

My MIL is like this. Me and my OH can have big blow ups, especially in the earlier days and although it’s never reached breaking up (even though we both threatened it) she did say we were as bad as each other and we need to find a way through.
    Truth be told me and my partner have been through some horrible stuff together that could make or break some couples and we got through it, no matter how turbulent it may have been!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5771735/The-4-excuses-use-avoid-exercise-beat-them.html

This is an article today from a U.K. paper.
    It’s not the best paper tbh but it’s a pretty good article.

The 4 top excuses most people have for not exercising and why you have that excuse and how to combat it!

I guess stuff like this is always worth a read!
  • Snowflake1968
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

My MIL is like this. Me and my OH can have big blow ups, especially in the earlier days and although it’s never reached breaking up (even though we both threatened it) she did say we were as bad as each other and we need to find a way through.
    Truth be told me and my partner have been through some horrible stuff together that could make or break some couples and we got through it, no matter how turbulent it may have been!

I hear ya, we have been too. Marriage and relationships are tough! I don't know how we've made it this long but somehow we just haven't given up on each other.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 - great article, thanks for sharing
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Ah that’s really lovely! We do get on really well. And she doesn’t like my ex’s new girlfriend. He doesn’t have the best relationship with her, and I used to joke that if it came to it, I would have got her in the divorce, not him! We had a nice chat in the end. I’m going to try and make more of an effort to stay in touch. She is fab with my kids, so it’s really important to keep her involved
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Yesterday ended up being crazy busy and I’m up now after less than four hours’ sleep. Going to have to nap on the train to Devon later. Not setting a calorie goal for today or tomorrow but will aim to stay mindful and just enjoy the celebrations. I am part of a little group that the bride has asked to sing at the wedding so a little nervous! But we’ve practised lots and it sounds good so hopefully once we are done I can relax and enjoy!

Friday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Pack for wedding trip and check girls’ packing :o better get on this straight after my workout today
    - Eyebrows ✅
    - Stay positive! ✅
    - Try and shut down the misery conversation and get an early night! :) no early night but a good chat which was helpful

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - Make sure we are all packed ok
    - Leave on time for station
    - Be mindful, have fun, stay hydrated

Have a great weekend everyone x
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/25

1. Drink 64 ounces of pure water in addition to any flavored sparkling water. :neutral:
    2. Stay in the green on calories. :neutral:
    3. Physical therapy :smile:
    4. Workout...move my body! :neutral:
    5. Adhere to food plan for protein and calcium goals. :neutral:
    6. Prep chili and split pea soup for upcoming week. :smile:

So yeah, as you can see today was sort of a bust. My lower back is still extremely sore. Not sure what is going on there. I ate potato chips and deviated from my food plan, I didn't drink enough water, etc. About the only thing I did right was make 3 helpings of split pea soup and 5 helpings of chili to set me up for success the rest of the week.

Fortunately, today is now officially behind me as of 11 minutes ago and I get a reboot.

JFT 5/26

1. Drink 64 ounces of pure water.
    2. Stay in the green on calorie intake.
    3. Physical therapy
    4. Hit protein and calcium goals.
    5. Gentle yoga routine.

Keeping it simple today. I hope the stretching will do something for my backache. If it hurts I will stop!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options

That sounds like a great idea...and enjoy your weekend. :)

I should probably post a couple of goals "just for today":

1. Go for a walk
    2. Brush cat.
    3. Do ONE household or yard chore.

1. Went for 2 walks.
    2. Brushed my cat.
    3. Cleaned 2 litter boxes, vacuumed a little, did a few dishes.

My "to do" list regularly includes "brush cat" "scoop cat box" and "play with cat". It's not that I don't enjoy brushing and playing with her, because I definitely do, but it needs to happen daily. Although she's started this thing where she loves being brushed until she actually sees the brush, and then she attacks it. Not quite sure how to deal with that one!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile: I actually ended up changing it because I skipped breakfast, but overall calories were good
    - Be in the green :smile: I had 750 left!!! (550 were exercise calories that I didn't eat back)
    - 2+ bottles water :neutral: Possibly 1.5
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (when boyfriend gets home) :smile:
    - French podcast + article + book :smile:
    - Tidy the flat :smile:
    - De clutter emails :smile:
    - Go to gym :smile:
    - Make career planning plan of action, including list of things to consider :neutral: Did part 1 not part 2
    - Review jobs (potentially apply?) :neutral: Again did part 1 not part 2
    - Do 'what job should you do' tools :/

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 2+ bottles water
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking
    - French podcast + article + book

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
    19th - 30 mins :smile:
    20th - 30 mins :smile:
    21st - 30 mins :smile:
    22nd - 15 mins :smile:
    23rd - 20 mins :smile:
    24th - 15 mins :smile:
    25th - 30 mins :smile:
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    JFT...I'll take it a step at a time. (I overdid...almost everything yesterday. I hate being sick.)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    5. Run garage sale :)
    6. Mow lawn with my son if it doesn't rain :/

JFT (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Run garage sale in the rain
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options

1. Go for a walk
    2. Brush cat.

1. Went for 2 walks.
    2. Brushed my cat.

My "to do" list regularly includes "brush cat" "scoop cat box" and "play with cat". It's not that I don't enjoy brushing and playing with her, because I definitely do, but it needs to happen daily. Although she's started this thing where she loves being brushed until she actually sees the brush, and then she attacks it. Not quite sure how to deal with that one!

I hate washing out the litter boxes and don't do it often enough. And I really need to play with her more; I should add that to my To Do List.

Mine has been "demanding" to be brushed, and I've been trying to do it daily. This time of year she really needs it. However, if I go too far, I get attacked, lol!

Have a great weekend! :)
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    Just for today...
    • Brush cat.
    • Five minutes playtime with cat and her bird toy.
    • Walk.
    • Something in the kitchen (e.g., set up Keurig).

Have a great weekend, everyone! :)
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 120 Member
    Options

1. Go for a walk
    2. Brush cat.

1. Went for 2 walks.
    2. Brushed my cat.

Haha good for you. I need to be mindful not to neglect my little boo cat. I keep him on a healthy diet and restrict off diet eating....as per vet.
    I need to nurture myself that way.
    Have a healthful day
    M
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    JFT...I'll take it a step at a time. (I overdid...almost everything yesterday. I hate being sick.)

You can start a new day at any time. Be good to yourself.Heres to today.