JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I won't freak out about what my stomach may or may not do. (I've had some kind o norovirus this week. It seems to have passed, but I still don't trust it.)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Bring son to the dentist :)
    6. Complete 3 orders from my shop :)
    7. Start setting up for Friday's garage sale :)

JFT (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Complete 2 orders from my shop
    7. Last minute garage sale errands
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday

1. Log all food and exercise
    2. Stay within food and nutrient boundaries
    3. Close kitchen and oral hygiene by 8 pm
    4. Be fierce with life challenges, compassionate to all people, use myself to do good, be gentle with myself.
    5. Practice mindfulness with food exercise work family and all that I do.
    Do mini reflection on the hour every hour as much as possible
    6. Be grateful.

Thank you for this discussion group and I wish everyone a healthy productive and safe day in the best way possible for you.
    M.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I missed a couple of days. Let's try this again:

JFT, 5/24

1. Drink 64 ounces of water
    2. Stay under on calories
    3. Physical therapy exercises
    4. Fitness Blender workout
    5. Hit protein goal
    6. Complete/pick up grocery order
    7. Hit calcium goal
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I’ve survived week 2!

Here are the results so far:

Starting numbers: May 10

Weight: 210.4 Lbs
    Body fat: 46.6% (bad)
    Muscle: 32.4%
    Water: 32.1% (Really bad! Should be in the 50’s)
    Bone: 4 Lbs

Today: May 24:

Weight: 202.2 Lbs
    Body fat: 43.9%
    Muscle: 33%
    Water: 34.5%
    Bone: 4.2 Lbs

I’m feeling good! All the numbers are continuing to move in the right direction!

I’ve also done away with a bunch of social media sites which where affecting my mood and eating away at my free time. I feel sooooo good! I’m doing my best to cut negativity from my life and think positively and get back to being my bubbly happy self!

Happy Thursday everyone! Xo

One of my daughter's friends is doing a social media "diet" for the same reason. I truly like the idea of it, but unfortunately it's how we have found out twice that my MIL is having serious health concerns. I don't trust my FIL or SIL to call us.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Recap W 5/23
    1) Walked dog before work on absolutely gorgeous morning / 3.12 mi 54:22 pace 17:25 / remembered to stretch = happy dog B) + happy me B) Fitbit 17,416 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 & 40 floors :smiley:
    2) Washed 2 loads laundry before work :smile: / hung one load on clothesline before work :smile: / hang 2nd load at lunch :smile: had to rush thru lunch ~ thankful hubby helped me out
    4) Breakfast, snacks & lunch as usual / supper??? / net calories green / no evening snacking = Er, no. :( Net calories -243 :s , sodium green (yay), sugar -6 (mango overnight oats & banana & animal crackers), fiber & protein good (yay) & 14c water. Had evening snack attack (mixed nuts) >:) but I am ok with daily w/i. :|
    5) Evening: take down & fold/hang/put away laundry :smiley: everything put away except hubby's stuff + shirts on office chair / check shed for grass clippers :neutral: couldn't find clippers but cleaned more out of shed, including several old mouse nests (ICK!) and got out more yard stuff :smiley: / wash dishes :/ tired after laundry + shed / unbox frames and insert photos of hubby & me :/ / at least 1 to-do :/ felt like I needed a break
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :/ 10:30 (Th a.m. dog walk before work)

JFT Th 5/24 ~ last workday of week for my office ~ yippee! :D
    1) Another absolutely gorgeous a.m. ~ more like summer than spring. Walked dog before work 3.35 mi 59:42 pace 17:49 and saw two sandhill cranes feeding & one mallard. Getting in habit of waking + getting up after 1st snooze alarm = less stress to get to work on time. :D I'm sure earlier sunrise has something to do with this. Happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Net calories green / monitor usual
    4) Evening to-do's so stuff is done before weekend
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 ~ just bc long weekend is starting, don't get my system out of whack / floss (ditto) / retainers (ditto again) / bed & TV off 11:00 ~ this I'll allow since I won't have 5:30 a.m. alarm

@OConnell5483 Welcome back, you were missed! 2# over a long, friend-filled weekend out of town sounds about right to me. :D You are right to not stress about it & be grateful for the fun times with people you care about.
    Have safe travels this weekend (MN?).
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @AJB1014 That is such a good quote! Yes I feel lighter and better already and it’s only been 2 days! I’m trying to live life in the real world and talk to people more instead of « liking » a post and counting that as interaction.

@Snowflake1968 That’s rough! But I do understand... I also have some people in my life who’d rather post information than call and that makes you a prisoner to the website. Especially if they live far away. And THANK YOU for sharing that beautifully uplifting story! You made my morning! It sounds like you have a beautiful family and many blessings to be thankful for!

In my personal case... i had to break the loop. I’d look at Facebook and Instagram etc to check in on people in my life who I almost never talk to any more because of life/distance and I’d end up in a bad mood because of all the gossip and negativity I was reading. So I decided, if these « friends » are actually my friends, we will find a way to keep in touch without Facebook. If not, maybe I need to let some old relationships go for the sake of my health. It was NOT and easy decision... but I think I’m going to feel much better for it.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Take it easy :)
    2. Be kind :)
    3. LOTS OF WATER :)
    4. Meds AM and PM :)
    5. Log all food :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Take it easy
    2. Be kind
    3. Lots of water
    4. Meds AM and PM
    5. Log all food
    6. Ice break out on chin
  • PeaceQT18
    PeaceQT18 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    5'6.5" tall

Starting weight October 2010: 258
    Today's weight May 24, 2018: 181
    Goal weight: 170 (not sure yet)

JFT, Thursday, May 24, 2018
    1. Log all food
    2. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water
    3. Keep away from carbs until I meet my goal
    4. Get back on here tomorrow ...... Accountability is the KEY!!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well after waking at 2am today was never going to be easy! I have been hangry all day but I think (despite large quantities of snacking on fruit) that i am within my goal, even allowing for fitbit burn generosity!

Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅ just!
    - April challenge :/ I think I probably ate fruit when I should have drunk water...
    - May challenge ✅
    - Remember to take laptop, lebkuchen and fruit platter into work ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Set meeting date with SLT to discuss partner School :s must remember tomorrow
    - Speak to Z re environment day ✅
    - Leave on time for 4:30 appt ✅
    - Clean-up/ food prep for E’s visit ✅
    - Early night ✅ this I WILL so shortly

Tomorrow will be a strange day. My ex MIL is visiting as she is taking the girls for the long weekend while I go to a wedding. We get on very well, but she often brings me down talking about the past. She says she feels guilty about the way her son acted. I appreciate it but I want to move on and always end up having to counsel her! No matter, it’s just one evening and I have cleaned and got my room all beautifully ready for her so should just relax now.

Friday goals:
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Pack for wedding trip and check girls’ packing
    - Eyebrows
    - Stay positive!
    - Try and shut down the misery conversation and get an early night!

Have a great end to the week everyone x
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Welcome back, you were missed! 2# over a long, friend-filled weekend out of town sounds about right to me. :D You are right to not stress about it & be grateful for the fun times with people you care about.
    Have safe travels this weekend (MN?).

Thank you! I still haven't been able to go back and read what I missed, but plan to do that in the car while we travel tomorrow. We're actually going to see my mom and stepdad in Indiana this weekend. Hoping to go to MN for a week this summer to visit my dad and stepmom who live on a lake up there! :smile:

Hoping to drop those lousy 2 lbs quickly because I hadn't gone down in weight for so long and was so excited! But yeah...the memories are worth a lot more than that! Was a wonderful time!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just popping on to let you know I changed my UserName from OConnell5483 to PackerFanInGB. It's still me. I just had concerns about people from work finding me too easily using my last name. :wink: Not that I'm real sassy or anything, but just because....

I'll hop back on later!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    On a positive note, I just have to share this story. My son in law's car is broken down right now so for my daughter and grand kids to come out last night I needed to pick them up. This is rare that I do this. When I arrive at their house yesterday after work the grands were outside waiting for me. Jonah was playing on the grass and Michaela, who just got in trouble last week for leaving the house while her Dad was in the bathroom, was standing on the steps. I could see my daughter just gathering her stuff inside the screen.
    Michaela saw me pull in, she started just saying "Mimi" over and over. She put her little hands up over her mouth and said "Oh, Mimi" while her little legs were just dancing. You could visibly see the excitement and the battle she was fighting about coming down the steps by herself. Jonah came over to give me a hug and kiss, and she got even more excited. I told him to go help her down the stairs so she could come see me too. She held her hand out just like a princess so he could take it. As soon as she hit the ground she came running to me. "Oh Mimi" and the tightest little hug. My heart just about burst last night, I teared up, to have that much love shown to you is just the most incredible feeling. I have to always remember that feeling, and I need to stay healthy so she has her Mimi for a very long time to come.

This is the most darling story I've heard in a long time! Aren't grands just the BEST thing in the world! What a little doll!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - they sure are the best! I remember one time sitting with my Grandmother while watching my Dad play with my girls. I mentioned that I never remembered my Dad playing with me that way and truthfully was feeling a little jealous. She said to me, "you will never understand until you have grandchildren of your own". She went on to say that the greatest joy of being a grandparent is just being. You are not the disciplinarian, you don't have to worry about feeding, clothing, raising them. You get to just enjoy them. I fully intend to enjoy them as often and as much as I possibly can.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @OConnell5483 and @mytime6630 where are youuuu?!

I'm here!!! <Jumping up and down waving my arms in the air> :mrgreen: