Replies

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    For tomorrow (day 4 of trip):
    30 minutes exercise-25 I was close!
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups :(
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise :( ice cream night!
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow (day 5 of trip):
    Unpack same day
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why, but I have been super wiped out lately! I spent the last majority of yesterday asleep (keep in mind I worked until 8 am yesterday). So, I was only awake for a couple of hours and I spent most of that time laying down, ha! I didn't get anything done yesterday!
    Goals for yesterday:
    Pay bills, yuck! No
    Plan for packing for Iceland in August: No
    Water plants: No
    Grocery shopping: No

Goals for today:
    Pay bills
    Plan for Iceland
    Water plants
    Grocery shop
    Laundry
    Get up and move!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @mytime6630 I understand exactly what you mean. I am in the same situation with my husband. I do a lot with my girls and my friends but I would really like to do things with him too. We go months without even leaving the house together. It can bring you down really fast.

Is this a "man" thing?? So many of my friends say the same things... their hubbys just are content at home! My hubby only gets out 2x a week to go to the gym ... and we don't do that together because he likes to go saturday and sunday afternoons (and he stays for 3 hrs!). But other than that ... he hardly leaves the house.

My Dad enjoyed going out and doing things even if it was just a drive to look at scenery. My FIL rarely goes out lives just being at home and doing his thing. Most of my friends husbands prefer being home except one who is a social butterfly. My daughters spouses one goes out and one stays home. That’s three generations and I would say the majority like being home. So based on my “research” I would say yes it is a man thing.

For what it's worth, Joan, I could have written some of your post word for word. I crave some excitement in my life, and sitting home watching tv everyday certainly isn't what I had in mind.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Saibasu wrote: »
    Just for today, I will be stronger than my excuses.

I love this!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    1168 posts since I've last logged in :dizzy: I'll be honest, I'm not gonna go back that far to catch up, sorry!

Sorry I've been MIA! I'm trying to reconfigure our whole family's schedule to obtain some routine again. We are still in a rental due to slow progress on our home remodel plus the vacation hosting 19 people wore me out!!
    I'm on a "breastfeeding diet" so my weight loss is not happening, but it's all about the little guy this season! Life has been busy and crazy all year this year but I'll get it together again soon. I have no choice bc school starts back in 3 weeks. This is my final 2 semester's for my BS degree so hardwork is coming my way!! :flushed: I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from everyone!!

LOL! I was behind 5 pages this morning, but since it's Saturday and I'm letting myself wake up slowly, I'm going back and reading them. 1168 is a little daunting!

I just am happy to see you check in and to know everything is okay in your piece of the world! <3
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Friday)
    1) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    3) Drink all my water before allowing myself to have a Diet Coke :/
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Complete 2 orders from my shop :)
    6) Log all my food for the day :)

JFT (Saturday)
    1) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
    2) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    3) Drink all my water before allowing myself to have a Diet Coke
    4) Go kayaking with my husband
    5) Groceries
    6) Log all my food for the day
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA and not eating the best. Sorry I don't have time to catch up on this thread, but my JFT goals are:

1. Stick to my eating plan: tofu scramble with zucchini, mushroom, and onion for breakfast, whole wheat pasta with tomatoes, basil, and garlic for lunch, gardein "chicken" florentino for dinner.
    2. Drink water! At least 8 cups before leaving for work at 3 pm today.
    3. Empty dishwasher and clean the kitchen.
    4. Kitchen closed, teeth brushed, and in bed by 1 am.

Hi!!! Good goals! And good to see you back! Come back often!
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    1168 posts since I've last logged in :dizzy: I'll be honest, I'm not gonna go back that far to catch up, sorry!

Sorry I've been MIA! I'm trying to reconfigure our whole family's schedule to obtain some routine again. We are still in a rental due to slow progress on our home remodel plus the vacation hosting 19 people wore me out!!
    I'm on a "breastfeeding diet" so my weight loss is not happening, but it's all about the little guy this season! Life has been busy and crazy all year this year but I'll get it together again soon. I have no choice bc school starts back in 3 weeks. This is my final 2 semester's for my BS degree so hardwork is coming my way!! :flushed: I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from everyone!!

HI MLHC!!! It is great to see you again! I have really missed you! I hope the baby is doing well and that things have calmed down at home. How are the rest of the boys? Good luck at school! I cant believe that you only have a year left!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Such a busy group! I love it! I've been MIA for a few reasons...one is that is just hard to hop on in the morning or at work, and at night I come on and read posts but then feel like it's too late to post. I have been working on getting up earlier...like when the alarm goes off and not 8 Snoozes later!!! If I ever accomplish that goal, I'll post before work! I find if I post the night before, I can't remember what goals I gave myself and when I look back to see, I find that what sounded like a great idea the night before doesn't sound so great that day! :dizzy: Go figure, right?

I got the results of the MRI's back. I have a torn/detached labrum in my left hip and have to have surgery on 8/23. I'm not happy about this, obviously, but it is what it is. I'm trying not to focus on the pain of hip surgery and focus more on the fact that if all goes well, I might be pain free to actually start taking walks (which was my goal this year!!!). Having surgery that date is really messing me up at work. I want to put it off and have talked to my husband, my boss and my team about it, but they are all urging me to get it done and do it right. If the surgeon wasn't leaving our clinic in October, I would put it off. But I really want him to do the surgery, so I guess the 23rd it is. I don't think I have gone a whole year without at least one surgery in about 7 years now. I should have my own exam room at that clinic! LOL!

Anyway, to be honest, I have been emotional eating all week. Nothing horrible, but my calories on here say I should stay under 1200 and I've been more like 1500. I'm going to pull myself out of my pity pot today, put on my big girl panties and get back to it.

Not going to do a whole lot today. Putz around the house and maybe run a few errands. Tomorrow, we are heading to a flea market about an hour from here. I don't know how long I'll make it since my hip is so sore. (Actually, I was told I shouldn't be weight-bearing on it at all right now and should be using a cane...pfft! Like THAT is going to happen! I'm the world's worst patient...just ask my DH)

I miss you all when I'm not on here! I've never personally met you, but you have become part of my daily world. Hugs to everyone! Welcome to any newcomers! This is such a great group!

Just For Saturday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Spend at least 15 minutes with my own thoughts.
    3. Think before I speak. Try to get my point across with a certain person in a matter-of-fact calm way no matter what kind of drama this person tries to turn it into.
    4. Snack on 1 lb of veggies & 2 svgs fruit
    5. Go to library to check out book one of our clinic docs recommended regarding diet/nutrition/health.
    6. Lymphedema massage x2 on arm / PT exercises for back
    7. Take a bike ride or a spend some time near water.
    8. Podcasts - Half Size Me from Monday and try one new one
    9. Gratitude journal / Simple Abundance daily reading / Spiritual daily reading
    10. Catch up on my other MFP thread

Thought of the Day:
    t24p084epmzn.png

I’m so very happy to see your post, I’ve been worrying and wondering if you got bad news from your MRI. I’m sorry you have to have surgery but hopefully this will be the last for a long time!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Such a busy group! I love it! I've been MIA for a few reasons...one is that is just hard to hop on in the morning or at work, and at night I come on and read posts but then feel like it's too late to post. I have been working on getting up earlier...like when the alarm goes off and not 8 Snoozes later!!! If I ever accomplish that goal, I'll post before work! I find if I post the night before, I can't remember what goals I gave myself and when I look back to see, I find that what sounded like a great idea the night before doesn't sound so great that day! :dizzy: Go figure, right?

I got the results of the MRI's back. I have a torn/detached labrum in my left hip and have to have surgery on 8/23. I'm not happy about this, obviously, but it is what it is. I'm trying not to focus on the pain of hip surgery and focus more on the fact that if all goes well, I might be pain free to actually start taking walks (which was my goal this year!!!). Having surgery that date is really messing me up at work. I want to put it off and have talked to my husband, my boss and my team about it, but they are all urging me to get it done and do it right. If the surgeon wasn't leaving our clinic in October, I would put it off. But I really want him to do the surgery, so I guess the 23rd it is. I don't think I have gone a whole year without at least one surgery in about 7 years now. I should have my own exam room at that clinic! LOL!

Anyway, to be honest, I have been emotional eating all week. Nothing horrible, but my calories on here say I should stay under 1200 and I've been more like 1500. I'm going to pull myself out of my pity pot today, put on my big girl panties and get back to it.

Not going to do a whole lot today. Putz around the house and maybe run a few errands. Tomorrow, we are heading to a flea market about an hour from here. I don't know how long I'll make it since my hip is so sore. (Actually, I was told I shouldn't be weight-bearing on it at all right now and should be using a cane...pfft! Like THAT is going to happen! I'm the world's worst patient...just ask my DH)

I miss you all when I'm not on here! I've never personally met you, but you have become part of my daily world. Hugs to everyone! Welcome to any newcomers! This is such a great group!

Just For Saturday:
    1. Stay in the green
    3. Think before I speak. Try to get my point across with a certain person in a matter-of-fact calm way no matter what kind of drama this person tries to turn it into.
    5. Go to library to check out book one of our clinic docs recommended regarding diet/nutrition/health.

Thought of the Day:
    t24p084epmzn.png

Aww! Love! I want to wrap you up in a big hug! I'm glad that at least you have an answer now! I'm sure that the surgery will got as awesome as planned and that you will be back up in no time. I bet that before the snow starts to fall you'll get a few walks in! I tend to spend a few minutes with my thoughts in the morning. I'll just sit back and let my mind go. Sometimes it goes totally random places but sometimes I get some really good ideas and insights into things going on in my life. I hope that is how it is for you. Feel better and have a great time at the flea market.

@Snowflake1968 How is the race going? Is your DH having a blast?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Just For Saturday:
    1. Stay in the green

Thought of the Day:
    t24p084epmzn.png

Aww! Love! I want to wrap you up in a big hug! I'm glad that at least you have an answer now! I'm sure that the surgery will got as awesome as planned and that you will be back up in no time. I bet that before the snow starts to fall you'll get a few walks in! I tend to spend a few minutes with my thoughts in the morning. I'll just sit back and let my mind go. Sometimes it goes totally random places but sometimes I get some really good ideas and insights into things going on in my life. I hope that is how it is for you. Feel better and have a great time at the flea market.

Awe thanks for asking! We are sitting in the car right now with AC on! It is between practice and qualifying so no sense sitting in the hot direct sun right now.

Race time is 730 MST tonight! Will be a track burger and fries for supper, I’m looking forward to the unhealthy goodness it is!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Totally forgot to post goals this morning! Lol.

:star: Got up at 5:45
    :star: Went to gym
    :star: Worked 8:15-5:15
    :star: Went over D's after work
    :star: Cleaned/visited

And now I am going to:

Attempt to log everything I ate
    Finish the few dishes in the sink
    Wash face/brush teeth
    Bed by 11:30

I had a FABULOUS day! It was psychotically busy, mainly with paperwork though. We had to do 4 foreign wires, which neither of us had done before. The woman who usually verifies and processes wires was out today so someone else was doing it. Problem was, that woman came to our branch for a conference call with the loan department. So as she was leaving she showed us how to do them. They are supposed to be submitted by 2 pm. Well, I got the last one in at 1:45. But there were some crossed wires and I dont think they got processed until close to 4. It was a whole big headache. But that chaos through the rest of the day into chaos. And we had a customer come in with multiple transactions 7 minutes to close because she didnt want to drive to our other branch that was open until 6! But we got out right when we were scheduled to. Most of the time we leave about 5:05 because we get done with everything way before we lock up so we can just hit a couple buttons and lock a couple of things up and head out the door. Today we had to stay until 5:15! Haha! I'm actually kind of surprised that we got out when we did. Lol.

Anyway, enough ranting and raving(good though!)

JFT, 7/27/18

1. Up by 6 :lol: HAHAHAHA More like 7:30!
    3. Gym :lol: See above
    5. Prep lunches :star: I prepped the DH's and he actually remembered to bring it. Lol. I had some things in the fridge at work so that was fine with me
    7. Wake DH by 7:15 :star: He actually got up before me!
    8. Work 8:15-5:15 :star:
    9. Budget meeting :rage: The DH wouldn't sit down and do it with me! It actually made me pretty ticked off
    10. Pay bills :frowning: Couldn't because of not having the budget meeting
    11. Dinner/Dishes :neutral: I got pizza. It was a small one so half of it was only about 2.5 pieces of a large so not too bad.
    12. DH time :star: We watched a baseball game and I dozed for a while
    13. Bed whenever(WEEKEND WOOHOO!) :star: Around 12 I think. The DH came with me which is really rare for him.

Work yesterday was even busier than Thursday...I gave out well over 10K to people cashing paychecks and things! It was crazy. And from about when I got there at 815 until about 245 I was constantly moving doing paperwork and things. I got about a half an hour where I could breathe. Then 3:20 rolled around it was just a constant stream of people. A few times there was a line of two or more people! I didnt mind. I kept it moving and got a lot done. I got a whole new steno notebook to keep a running to-do list on. It helped immensely. I got everything marked off. And even with how busy we were we still managed to get to our cars a 1/4 mile away by 5:15...How I have no idea. Lol. The whole time I just kept working. I would look down periodically and a few hours had passed. It was great! And Laura(who I can now call Laura because she's the only one!) and I spent the day chattering away. I had such a great day!!!

Today I found out that our local Aldi's is open again. They were closed since the beginning of May with a remodel. The store is BEAUTIFUL. There were probably 100 people in the store when I was this afternoon but the aisles were so big and it was so well lit that it wasn't terrible. I can't tell you how happy I am that it is open again! Its about a 5 minute drive from my house. I usually go in the early morning or right before they close on the weekends because no one is there. They were out of a lot of stuff because I went at 1:30 this afternoon and a lot of things had been sold out. Although, I think there were only 2 things on my list that they didnt have.

So today was pretty awesome. I spent 2 hours meal prep when I got home from Aldi's. So I logged that as exercising because it was mostly chopping. Lol. But I got a whole bunch of things prepped to just throw into lunch bags in the morning.

Okay! Enough chatter! I only have a few things left to do today so here they are,

1. Put food in the crock
    2. Dinner/tidy/visit with D
    3. Home by 930
    4. Finish the food that's in the crock
    5. Finish dishes
    6. Bed whenever

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options

Just For Saturday:
    1. Stay in the green

Thought of the Day:
    t24p084epmzn.png

Awe thanks for asking! We are sitting in the car right now with AC on! It is between practice and qualifying so no sense sitting in the hot direct sun right now.

Race time is 730 MST tonight! Will be a track burger and fries for supper, I’m looking forward to the unhealthy goodness it is!

Definitely! So it's about 3 pm there? I would look forward to the unhealthy goodness as well! I have no idea what I'm having for dinner! Lol. Is your DH happy to be there?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Just For Saturday:
    1. Stay in the green

Thought of the Day:
    t24p084epmzn.png

Definitely! So it's about 3 pm there? I would look forward to the unhealthy goodness as well! I have no idea what I'm having for dinner! Lol. Is your DH happy to be there?

Yes it’s 3 here. Yes he is! He gets to see a race and scantily clad women lol
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options

Just For Saturday:
    1. Stay in the green

Thought of the Day:
    t24p084epmzn.png

Yes it’s 3 here. Yes he is! He gets to see a race and scantily clad women lol

I hope you guys are having fun!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Loud, noisy and hot hot hot!!!! So much fun!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I'm glad you had fun!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Just got home/settled so this will be quick. Weigh in tomorrow to see how travel impacted my process.

For today (day 5 of trip):
    Unpack same day ✅
    30 minutes exercise-no time
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups :( family brought me takeout
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise-over, again with the takeout
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Weigh in
    Set weekly goals
    Grocery shop
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

Just For Saturday:
    1. Stay in the green

Thought of the Day:
    t24p084epmzn.png

Sorry to hear you have to have surgery but at least that way it's a "simple fix" (simple in quote marks as clearly nothing simple about it..) which hopefully will mean you are all sorted within a few months?

I went through something similar last year with my surgery - for ages they weren't sure what my condition was and thought it was either something that could be fixed by surgery or something where I'd potentially need to take drugs for quite a few years. It turned out to be the surgery option and I was glad because whilst surgery is no picnic, at least when it's done it's done. Hopefully the same is true for you :smile:

(Plus, time off for surgery is great - obviously there's pain involved, but at the same time you get to sit on your butt and get other people to run around after you whilst you laze around and watch box sets...)

Just on your calories - I think you should be pretty pleased at yourself for eating 1500 calories. That must be maintenance, or even losing weight but at a slower pace? Given everything you're going through I think you should be very pleased with that!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options

Just For Saturday:
    1. Stay in the green

Thought of the Day:
    t24p084epmzn.png

Sorry to hear about the surgery, but at least there's something they can do to help. Chronic pain is such a drag on every part of life. Sending you good vibes.

To wrap up my last set of goals:

stick to food plan: didn't do this
    drink water: did so well on this that I had many restroom breaks at work!
    clean kitchen: started but didn't finish
    kitchen closed and in bed by 1 am: didn't happen

le sigh

But I refuse to quit:

Today's goals:

1) Stick to my eating plan (tofu scramble, ethiopian food for lunch, tofurky sandwich for dinner)
    2) Drink water: at least 8 cups before having a soda
    3) Clean kitchen and run dishwasher
    4) Try strength training again
    5) Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am