Options

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options

fitness blender, no matter what! :smile:
    64 oz water :smile:
    under calorie goal :)
    within 10% of protein goal :) 118% of goal!
    clean out fridge (picking up my groceries tonight) :)

Thank you all for the accountability of this thread. I needed it yesterday when I was driving home from the grocery store hungry and was passing all the places I could have picked up dinner instead of going home and fixing what I had planned. (And I had deliberately planned something that required almost no prep but I STILL felt tempted.)

For today:

under calorie goal
    within 10% of protein goal
    hit calcium goal
    64 oz of water
    yoga routine
    prep soup for the freezer
    tweak planned meals for the next few days to hit protein and calcium
    I was dong this way too often, now I only do it about once every two weeks instead of 4 or 5 times a week. It's helped the waist and the wallet.

Yes, there is something about knowing I have all these groceries to put away that just makes me not want to cook anything. Plus I have to drive down a main thoroughfare with every imaginable chain restaurant on it to get home.

Midday update: Snacked on too much bread and too many gardein "meatballs". I'm now having lentils over romaine with lemon for dinner so I can still hit my macro goals.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Make and stick to food plan :neutral: I stuck to the plan, but calories in the meals were too big
    - Drink 2 bottles of water :smile:
    - Go for run :smile:
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (pre dinner) :smile:
    - French podcast + article + book :neutral: 2/3 again, fell asleep before doing the book. It seems like reading at bedtime is not working for me!

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - Drink 2 bottles of water
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (in park)
    - French podcast + article + book

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
    19th - 30 mins :smile:
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's Goals:

under calorie goal :smile: under target including exercise calories
    within 10% of protein goal :) 99/109
    hit calcium goal :) 101/100
    64 oz of water :) 14 cups!
    yoga routine :)
    prep soup for the freezer :neutral: discovered too late I was missing an ingredient: will do this today
    tweak planned meals for the next few days to hit protein and calcium :neutral: did this for today's meals, but was unable to make tomorrow's menu fit yet and may not be able to

Just For Today:

adhere to planned menu to hit protein, calcium, and calorie goals
    64 oz of water
    cardio exercise routine
    prep soup for the freezer
    go to the park for bonus exercise and sunshine
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,791 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday May 19
    2L of Water Yes
    Stay in Green - Yes
    Outside 15 Minutes - Yes
    Write in Journal - no

JFT - Sunday May 20
    2l of water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 minutes
    Write in Journal

Had a very active day yesterday, lots of errands accomplished. Today I have to go pick the grands up but not babysitting just visiting, their Mama is coming along. Going to put up some outside lights we bought yesterday and have a BBQ for supper.

Happy Sunday everyone
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Meds. Teeth. Breakfast smoothie. Pack lunch in cooler for park. Head to training by 7:35.
    2. Steps to 10k at park; aim for 15. Read Blood and Bone.
    3. Groceries after park. Chop more celery. Prep cheese. Dinner - Plated 1? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    4. Read & mark 10 projects!
    5. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 7:00!

JFT Sunday
    1. Meds. Teeth. Breakfast smoothie. Pack lunch in cooler for park. Head to park by 11:20.
    3. Chop more celery. Prep cheese. Dinner - Salad? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    4. Read & mark 15 projects!
    5. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

Had been doing distance runs on the weekends. Those are going to have to wait until my non-park days I think. Even without ANY run in the morning, I got in 27k steps yesterday. Probably not as many today as my shift isn't as long.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    5. Get more items together for next weekend's garage sale :)

JFT (Sunday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Groceries
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    Just for today, I will keep reminding myself that who I am has nothing to do with what others think.

(This is important for today. Yesterday I was told that I wasn't cut out for Nerf War because I was a girl. I then proceeded to trounce them, which helped, but it's still bothering me. Also, *girl*? How is a twenty-eight-year-old a "girl"?)

Nerf war sounds awesome to me!!
    How old were the people saying you weren’t cut out for it because you’re a girl?!
    Pretty sure only 6 year olds say stuff like that lol!!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Meds AM and PM :) / >:) I think I forgot my PM meds - I'm not even sure. I need to improve my PM habits, maybe have a sign of things to make sure I did before I leave the office? But that does no help on the weekends. Evening meds have been tricky for me because I prefer to take them both before 4ish and need to eat something with it so its usually after an afternoon snack but before dinner. They havent been bothering my tummy tho, so maybe I'll just set a daily alarm for 3ish and just take no matter what and see how that goes.
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Stay in cals :)
    4. Stay under sodium :) eeked in at 25mg's under!
    5. Eat lunch outside :)
    6. Empty 2 drawer file cabinet >:) Ugh, been a bit distracted.
    7. Do no harm but take no *kitten* :)
    8. 10 wall push ups every bathroom trip >:) again, a distracted few days. I remembered maybe twice out of 10 times.

JFT Thursday
    1. Be grateful for what you have. Find your center. Don't stress about things you have no control over.
    2. Engineering Checklists
    3. EMPTY FILE CABINET
    4. 10 Wall push ups every bathroom break
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. Log all food
    7. Make smart choices for dinner
    8. Make eyebrow appointment for Tuesday
    9. Pack dog bag for day at work; chews, blanket, bowl.
    10. Notes for tomorrow: phone bill, dog food, excise tax, dog bath

Funny about the woo's! I was scrolling through threads the other day and someone called a girl out for "having lots of woo's" in a negative context (which I dont even understand how someone can see how many reactions someone else has, but thats not the point of this story) And I'm like wait, woo's are bad? So I got a little self conscious for a moment, and then the topic was brought up here and explained! So whew, to the woo's! Love this thread!

I had gotten self conscious about it as well in the message board I was reading. I guess it's one of those "know your audience" situations. LOL

Regarding the "woo's", if you look at the little emoticon "face" associated with "woo", that is NOT a happy face. There are four other positive options. I would use one of those rather than risk being misinterpreted.

I hope that all are having a great weekend!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So I think it's been something like 5-6 days since I've posted and more like two weeks since I have faithfully logged. I have been having major snack attacks at night. I have gotten out of the habit of brushing my teeth early as well as all of the other new things I was trying to turn into habits. I need to get back into the habit of working on my habits!.

So I think it's time to get back to 3 tiny habits:

1. Drink 1 bottle of water before each cup of coffee at work
    2. Spend 5 minutes talking to the Lord each morning
    3. Brush teeth by 8pm every night

I think that I can do those. I think that I have the habit loop down for that.

The DH and I have had the whole weekend off. It's been really nice. We have done pretty much nothing. 2 loads of laundry washed, folded, and put away. Did 2 loads of dishes. Picked up the living room/bedroom a little bit. DH is off tomorrow so he's going to clean some more. Oh, I also discovered yesterday that I have a flat tire...so he's going to get that patched as well. I'm lucky that we have a great tire place not that far away from us. I know one of the owners...somehow. Lol. I cant remember for the life of me where I know her from but she walked into the office and immediately recognized me the last time I was there. Lol. I had to listen to her answer the phone before I could figure out what her name was. Lol. But that's on the roster for tomorrow as well. How much of it gets done is the question. Lol. He definitely does want to start doing more around the house. Especially since his body and head are starting to feel better. We'll see what happens. Lol

So anyway, I'm going to make a list of things I want to do tomorrow

1. Walk before work(weather permitting)
    2. Spend some time with the Lord
    3. Work 8:15-5:15
    4. Put chicken in the crock before work
    5. Drink 1 bottle of water before every cup of coffee
    6. Do the dishes right after dinner!!!!
    7. Brush teeth by 8pm
    8. Teeth/face by 1030
    9. Bed by 11

Not too long today and most of them are pretty easy. I'm going to put a couple more things in as the ones I'm doing now become routine and then habits.

Hope everyone is having a great night!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Meds AM and PM :) / >:) I think I forgot my PM meds - I'm not even sure. I need to improve my PM habits, maybe have a sign of things to make sure I did before I leave the office? But that does no help on the weekends. Evening meds have been tricky for me because I prefer to take them both before 4ish and need to eat something with it so its usually after an afternoon snack but before dinner. They havent been bothering my tummy tho, so maybe I'll just set a daily alarm for 3ish and just take no matter what and see how that goes.
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Stay in cals :)
    4. Stay under sodium :) eeked in at 25mg's under!
    5. Eat lunch outside :)
    6. Empty 2 drawer file cabinet >:) Ugh, been a bit distracted.
    7. Do no harm but take no *kitten* :)
    8. 10 wall push ups every bathroom trip >:) again, a distracted few days. I remembered maybe twice out of 10 times.

JFT Thursday
    1. Be grateful for what you have. Find your center. Don't stress about things you have no control over.
    2. Engineering Checklists
    3. EMPTY FILE CABINET
    4. 10 Wall push ups every bathroom break
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. Log all food
    7. Make smart choices for dinner
    8. Make eyebrow appointment for Tuesday
    9. Pack dog bag for day at work; chews, blanket, bowl.
    10. Notes for tomorrow: phone bill, dog food, excise tax, dog bath

Funny about the woo's! I was scrolling through threads the other day and someone called a girl out for "having lots of woo's" in a negative context (which I dont even understand how someone can see how many reactions someone else has, but thats not the point of this story) And I'm like wait, woo's are bad? So I got a little self conscious for a moment, and then the topic was brought up here and explained! So whew, to the woo's! Love this thread!

I had gotten self conscious about it as well in the message board I was reading. I guess it's one of those "know your audience" situations. LOL

Regarding the "woo's", if you look at the little emoticon "face" associated with "woo", that is NOT a happy face. There are four other positive options. I would use one of those rather than risk being misinterpreted.

I hope that all are having a great weekend!

I like this discussion but I don't know how to post here I think I'm replying right now but I'm not sure. Anyway I wish everyone well there's a lot of wisdom here. Thank you. Michaela
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Meds. Teeth. Breakfast smoothie. Pack lunch in cooler for park. Head to park by 11:20.
    3. Chop more celery. Prep cheese. Dinner - Salad? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    4. Read & mark 15 projects!
    5. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Monday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes. Maybe? Maybe a rest day.
    2. GRADE PROJECTS. Read articles; write response 1. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Children of Blood and Bone.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Divide up reflections with units and courses. Review standards and assign to units. Create assessments that align to standards. Write comment if possible. Review ALL WORK FOR COURSE and make plans for vacation week!
    5. Kickboxing 6 PM. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 1? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check back in here over the weekend. Had an ok day Saturday but yesterday was a bit of a bust for various reasons. Another Monday reset!

Saturday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - 10k steps ✅
    - Water water water :/
    - 15 min challenge ✅
    - Bra shopping ✅
    - Send piano recordings for choir practice ✅
    - Gardening? :| too busy
    - Send flowers to S and M ✅

Sunday - didn’t set goals but at least managed a good walk in the sunshine, 15k steps and some paperwork.

Jft Monday
    - morning workout
    - Water
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - Email conveyancer
    - Post paperwork
    - Amazon order
    - Order L sweatshirt
    - Early night

Have a great start to the week everyone x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit of a fail! Boyfriend & I had a picnic in the park as it was lovely. Went way over
    on calories and then kind of gave up and continued drinking. It was fun but I can't do that again soon if I want to lose weight! Will get back on track now.

Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :/
    - Be in the green :/
    - Drink 2 bottles of water :/
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (in park) :)
    - French podcast + article + book :)

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - Drink 2 bottles of water
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (from park to station)

- 30 mins lunch break
    - French podcast + article + book
    - Leave work by 6.10pm
    - Prepare French presentation for tomorrow

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
    19th - 30 mins :smile:
    20th - 30 mins :smile:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Ugh really not doing well with this at all, from Jan-May 2017 I did so well! But I’m just struggling to get to that point I was back then!
    Need to learn to say no again but it’s hard!

Can’t hack being hungry!
    And once I eat one bad thing I end up going overboard! And devouring the cupboard!

Must keep trying though. (Calling on my diet coach here now! @mytime6630 )

My goals for the next 7 days is to log guilt free regardless of being in the red or green so I can evaluate my food choices and improve them and see where most of my calories are coming from

So, goals for Monday

- Drink 8 glasses of water MINIMUM - the weather is scorching here and I’ve not been reaching 8 glasses and boy can I feel it! Keep feeling dehydrated and getting niggly headaches
    - May challenge - already done to nursery :) (16/31 days)
    - Log EVERYTHING
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    Just for today, I will prepare a face to meet the people that I meet. (Depressive crisis TBD. Most people will think I'm fine. I'm not fine, but I'll get there.)

Hope you get through okay!
    What’s tbd?
    Are the people you’re meeting family or friends? Or work collegues?

Hugs for you x
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Sunday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Groceries :)

JFT (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Wash my car
    7. Complete 3 orders from my shop