Options
    Blah! Fighting my work computer! It's intensely aggravating. Lol
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    uwihnvcoavsn.jpg

My apologies. :sweat_smile:

DANG, BEX! You got one! LOL! You made me giggle, and I didn't think I would today... Is it as good as it looks? I should just go grab one... :s
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    LOL all day I've been saying I realty want to achieve all my goals, I'm not sure I'll get it all done but I'm determined. After a quick look... I didn't post any goals. Hm.

SO
    My mental goals were

- Be in the green ✔️
    - Try avoid my "bad foods" ❓yes and no, avoided my typical ones (like bread and chocolate) but didn't avoid occasional ones (like pizza)
    - Exercise (45 min dance cardio)✔️
    - Drink 8 glasses of water✔️
    - Drop off all the paperwork for the school. ✔️

*Sigh of relief* I did it :)

Look at you go!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday July 23
    2L of Water - :(
    Calories in Green by 150 - :(
    Outside 15 Minutes - :(
    Walk/Swim/Yoga? I'm in a lot of pain so we'll see how this goes - :(
    Going to get a nail fixed and meet the young lady I might be joining for work. - :( This morning instead

JFT - Tuesday July 24
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk/Swim?
    Go out and sell

Well yesterday was the worse day I have had in a few weeks. I was in so much pain in my hips, legs, feet from the concert. I was tired and hungry all day. I fought it for a while and then just gave in. I ended up at the very high end of maintenance calories for the day. The worse part is I ate a lot of carbs, I'm feeling it today now.

I had intended to sign up for swim lessons that start again tonight and completely missed doing it. For some reason I thought I had another week to go. Time is flying! I think I may call the Rec Centre to see if it's too late and still do it. This set is 4 nights this week and then 4 nights next week. I would miss the last one because I'm travelling to see my best friend next weekend.

I talked to my BF and my Brother last night. My BF had been into the nursing home to see my Mom on Sunday and said she was doing well. It made me realize I hadn't talked to my Brother for over a month so I gave him a call too. We talked for quite a while, I think I have to figure out a way to pay for a trip home this fall. I haven't seen my Mom since 2016 and if I don't go this year it will be 2020 because with Kaitlyn's wedding next summer there is no way I'll be able to afford it. I wish Canada could get some cheaper airlines and flights.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    uwihnvcoavsn.jpg

DANG, BEX! You got one! LOL! You made me giggle, and I didn't think I would today... Is it as good as it looks? I should just go grab one... :s

The whole bottle was 100 calories. Get one LOL!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,212 Member
    Options
    Time to get back on track .... I have again been slacking. I exercise like crazy ... then eat too much :/ .

How do you throw away good food?????? I have in the refrig leftover brownies, leftover Blueberry French Toast, leftover Apple French Toast, 2 boxes of ice cream in the freezer, 2 bags of potato chips (both opened), and 2 bags of carmel corn!!! HELP!!!!!!!! All things I got/made for when our son and family was in town!

I keep reminding myself that if I eat it, yes, the food will be gone, but it will be on my hips! Better to be in the trash, or better yet, find someone that wants it and give it to them.

so JFT,
    1. log All FOOD
    2. do NOT EAT JUNK FOOD! Just because I bought it, and it is there, does not mean I should eat it.
    3. Call some neighbors and see if they want some blueberry and/or apple french toast ... get rid of it!
    4. concentrate on drinking 8+ cups of water
    5. already been to the gym ... but go out for a 15 minute walk
    6. start organizing/cleaning .... start with living room closet!
    7. Start making donation piles

Hubby got me a instapot pressure cooker for my birthday .... has anyone used one of these? I am searching for recipes on how to use this thing!! Maybe this will help me in meal planning!!

I am going to try and read all the posts and respond later. I didn't get on here last nite to post, so running behind as usual!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    uwihnvcoavsn.jpg

The whole bottle was 100 calories. Get one LOL!

I am so lucky that I don't like regular soda! But ... give me a diet dr pepper! LOL
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Hubby got me a instapot pressure cooker for my birthday .... has anyone used one of these? I am searching for recipes on how to use this thing!! Maybe this will help me in meal planning!!

You might try the MFP slow cooker thread at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/372359/bring-your-crockpot-slow-cooker-recipes. Instapot has been mentioned. I've been considering getting one, but will wait for a sale and also, do some more research online for recipes.

Also, just found this website so I'm excited to review! https://recipes.instantpot.com/
  • mytime6630
    edited July 2018
    Options

You might try the MFP slow cooker thread at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/372359/bring-your-crockpot-slow-cooker-recipes. Instapot has been mentioned. I've been considering getting one, but will wait for a sale and also, do some more research online for recipes.

Also, just found this website so I'm excited to review! https://recipes.instantpot.com/

Thank you! I've been searching last nite to try and find recipes! Last nite I just put corn on the cob in to try it out .... ended up running out of water, and almost burnt the corn!
    I have a crockpot and veggie steamer already. But hubby got this for me for my b-day (Guess he thought it would help me in meal planning :)

Tonite going to just make chicken breast to shred and put in flour tortillas.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    uwihnvcoavsn.jpg

NOOOO!!! I tend to have it only when I'm flying...which, thankfully is about every six weeks. I hope you enjoyed, Bex!
    1ry3hmn9nme6.png
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 My son and dil have one. They also have a crockpot that they never use because of the slowcooker feature on the instantpot. He cooks up fish and rice, pot roast, etc. I THINK you can saute your meat (such as hamburger) before doing a slow cooker meal. They use it all the time. One thing I did read is that you want to keep the rubber rim clean and also to empty the water reservoir each time. I guess it's something that people overlook.

If you can't find a neighbor to give your leftover food to, then toss it. We don't like to waste food, but it's not good to sabotage your health, either. We all know how you are with ice cream (and I am the same---that's why I buy coconut bars for my husband...I don't like 'em!) so get rid of it. No justifying. It's like an alcoholic having liquor in the house. Just my two cents :)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @mytime6630 My son and dil have one. They also have a crockpot that they never use because of the slowcooker feature on the instantpot. He cooks up fish and rice, pot roast, etc. I THINK you can saute your meat (such as hamburger) before doing a slow cooker meal. They use it all the time. One thing I did read is that you want to keep the rubber rim clean and also to empty the water reservoir each time. I guess it's something that people overlook.

If you can't find a neighbor to give your leftover food to, then toss it. We don't like to waste food, but it's not good to sabotage your health, either. We all know how you are with ice cream (and I am the same---that's why I buy coconut bars for my husband...I don't like 'em!) so get rid of it. No justifying. It's like an alcoholic having liquor in the house. Just my two cents :)

You are so right! I never really compared it to a alcholic .... but that makes so much sense! Yes, tomorrow is trash day, and if I can't find a neighbor to give it to .... thats where it will go! Thanks for your 2 cents worth --- worth way more than 2 cents!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Really REALLY aggravated at work. There are chocolate chip cookies and a death by chocolate cake sitting on the back table. It is taking everything inside of me not to go grab some.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Really REALLY aggravated at work. There are chocolate chip cookies and a death by chocolate cake sitting on the back table. It is taking everything inside of me not to go grab some.

NO NO NO!!!! GO grab that glass of water. Will they let you take a 15 min break ... and go outside for a nice little walk! Remember how awful you will feel if you eat it!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

NO NO NO!!!! GO grab that glass of water. Will they let you take a 15 min break ... and go outside for a nice little walk! Remember how awful you will feel if you eat it!

I wish I could go outside! The reason for my aggravation left for the day so it's just me and LM which means I can't leave.

I also had a customer, who comes in for change all the time, call and ask if I wanted any free coffee or baked goods. I'm so proud of myself that I turned him down! Lol
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I've stopped posting my goals on here in the morning, instead I just jot them down on some paper and then log it here. Purely because I can't be bothered to go back and find my posts LOL
    And because they're relatively the same.

Anyway Tuesday Recap!

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green ✔️
    - Exercise (Sweaty Betty today!) ✔️
    - Avoid my "bad foods" ❎ No my partner bought ANOTHER pizza today. But I had unintentionally skipped breakfast so had 2 slices then he moaned about eating it all to himself so I had another slice. It did fill me up for a little while and then I waited until dinner. Realistically though I need to stop making excuses skipping breakfast does not mean pizza.
    - Find an exercise app for Calisthenics on Thursday. ✔️ Yes I have but its not Calisthenics. Its just a total body work out I wanted to do like jumping Jack's, butt kicks, lunges, squats, bridges that sort of thing. Think I've found an alright one but welcome to recommendation!

So I've made poor choices today. Pizza, chocolate, donut. But after working out I'm still in the green by 44 calories.
    Great right? WRONG.
    I'm still peckish. I've not got enough calories left for anything substantial and now I have to close the kitchen and just drink water.
    So tonight's going to be hard. But tbh it's only hard because I made it hard!
    Had I made better choices today I would have the spare calories for a decent snack.
    So it's my own fault!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I've stopped posting my goals on here in the morning, instead I just jot them down on some paper and then log it here. Purely because I can't be bothered to go back and find my posts LOL

Anyway Tuesday Recap!

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green ✔️
    - Avoid my "bad foods" ❎ No my partner bought ANOTHER pizza today. But I had unintentionally skipped breakfast so had 2 slices then he moaned about eating it all to himself so I had another slice. It did fill me up for a little while and then I waited until dinner. Realistically though I need to stop making excuses skipping breakfast does not mean pizza.
    - Find an exercise app for Calisthenics on Thursday. ✔️ Yes I have but its not Calisthenics. Its just a total body work out I wanted to do like jumping Jack's, butt kicks, lunges, squats, bridges that sort of thing. Think I've found an alright one but welcome to recommendation!

So I've made poor choices today. Pizza, chocolate, donut. But after working out I'm still in the green by 44 calories.
    Great right? WRONG.
    I'm still peckish. I've not got enough calories left for anything substantial and now I have to close the kitchen and just drink water.
    Had I made better choices today I would have the spare calories for a decent snack.
    So it's my own fault!

It sounds to me that you had a great day!! Yes, they say skipping breakfast is not the thing to do, but you had a plan. and that plan was to be able to eat some pizza! Your partner sounds like my hubby though .... I'll have all the pizza I want, and then there will be pieces left ... and he doesn't want to eat all of them .. and says lets split them. I always eat more than I intended to . But you should be proud of your day ... and those workouts!!
    How about a nice bowl of fruit if you have some on hand? Or something that is low in calories, yet lets you have a snack. (like some popcorn!).
    but you did great!
  • Bex953172
    Options

Anyway Tuesday Recap!

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green ✔️

Great right? WRONG.
    So it's my own fault!

It sounds to me that you had a great day!! Yes, they say skipping breakfast is not the thing to do, but you had a plan. and that plan was to be able to eat some pizza! Your partner sounds like my hubby though .... I'll have all the pizza I want, and then there will be pieces left ... and he doesn't want to eat all of them .. and says lets split them. I always eat more than I intended to . But you should be proud of your day ... and those workouts!!
    How about a nice bowl of fruit if you have some on hand? Or something that is low in calories, yet lets you have a snack. (like some popcorn!).
    but you did great!

Had a couple of mushrooms. We do have fruit but we only just bought it today and I hate it when everyone eats it dead quick haha
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Time to get back on track .... I have again been slacking. I exercise like crazy ... then eat too much :/ .

How do you throw away good food?????? I have in the refrig leftover brownies, leftover Blueberry French Toast, leftover Apple French Toast, 2 boxes of ice cream in the freezer, 2 bags of potato chips (both opened), and 2 bags of carmel corn!!! HELP!!!!!!!! All things I got/made for when our son and family was in town!

I keep reminding myself that if I eat it, yes, the food will be gone, but it will be on my hips! Better to be in the trash, or better yet, find someone that wants it and give it to them.

so JFT,
    1. log All FOOD
    2. do NOT EAT JUNK FOOD! Just because I bought it, and it is there, does not mean I should eat it.
    3. Call some neighbors and see if they want some blueberry and/or apple french toast ... get rid of it!
    4. concentrate on drinking 8+ cups of water
    5. already been to the gym ... but go out for a 15 minute walk
    6. start organizing/cleaning .... start with living room closet!
    7. Start making donation piles

I am going to try and read all the posts and respond later. I didn't get on here last nite to post, so running behind as usual!

I was brought up not to waste food, so I understand your dilemma. What about freezing what you can or do you live in a neighbourhood with kids. I pawn a lot off on my grandchildren LOL