JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday May 15

Funny Story - I was on a message board the other day I can't remember which one. Anyway, someone made a comment that was encouraging and someone else hit the Woo button. The original poster questioned why the Woo. I said doesn't Woo mean "woohoo", "great job"? Several people came back and said no it means, woo as in not scientifically proven, bunk. I guess I've been insulting a lot of people without even knowing it LOL

I have too! As a matter of fact, I hit Woo on this post just to be sassy! hahaha! To me, that makes no sense at all. Why not a frown or a thumbs down or something? :smiley:

I agree, I think MFP could really update their message boards and such. I like sassy!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

Funny Story - I was on a message board the other day I can't remember which one. Anyway, someone made a comment that was encouraging and someone else hit the Woo button. The original poster questioned why the Woo. I said doesn't Woo mean "woohoo", "great job"? Several people came back and said no it means, woo as in not scientifically proven, bunk. I guess I've been insulting a lot of people without even knowing it LOL

On this board lots of us use 'woo' as 'woo hoo' - this was discussed a little while ago actually but think this was before you joined!

So woo away! (Perhaps we should reiterate this occasionally for newbies)

I like that two of you have 'woo-ed' this message... There are some good senses of humour on this board :D
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes. Maybe? Maybe a rest day.
    2. Enter back work. Enter listening grades. Talk to S about assessment types. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Akata Warrior.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Divide up reflections with units and courses. Review standards and assign to units. Create assessments that align to standards. Email C's parent about re-assessment and ongoing work.
    5. Yoga 6 PM. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 2? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

DEFINITELY walked today. hahahaha still sore.

JFT Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes. Take lit book and water flavors to school. Be sure to wear khakis and take polo shirt for training.
    2. Enter back work. Enter listening grades. Call Visa about interest rate. Call gym about classes T/R next week. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Akata Warrior. COLLECT PROJECTS.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Divide up reflections with units and courses. Review standards and assign to units. Create assessments that align to standards. Email C's parent about re-assessment and ongoing work.
    5. Meet with B after school. Park for training by 5 PM. Chop more celery. Dinner - Salad? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

It won’t be for a few years yet, will cost a fair amount of money to do it I reckon and will be a wedding/honeymoon combined.
    And someone will have to have the kids so I reckon 7-10 days would be our maximum!
    I really need to research the areas and see what we can see and what we can do :)

Bex - I so agree on spending your wedding money on yourself and your honeymoon! Las Vegas sounds like a great destination!!
    Too bad @O'Connell and I can't watch your kids for you ;)
  • mytime6630
    Options

This sounds so good - thank you for sharing!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    I am looking for support and you guys were great when I was posting back in September. Sorry for the absence but hope to stick to this because since I left you I have gain 25+ lbs.
    Elaine
    226/184/219.2/219.2

Welcome back!!!! It is so easy to gain weight back - this is why I have to keep coming back each day. I am still trying to lose those last 15 pounds, and that is hard. I think even when I reach goal, a thread like this is so important. We are happy to have you back ---- you are going to get those 25 pounds off!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Didn’t manage to check in last night. The evening got away from us and we all went to bed late. This week seems so very long after having a bank holiday last week!

Wednesday goals
    -morning workout? Or rest day?? ✅ was up and fine so did a full one
    - 12k steps ✅
    - Water challenge ✅
    - 15 mins outside hallenge ✅
    - Eyebrows :|
    - Batch cook veggies ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅

Thursday goals
    -morning workout? ✅
    - emails to J, G’s Parents, J’s Mum, M’s Mum
    - Paperwork
    - 12k steps
    - Water challenge
    - 15 mins outside challenge
    - Eyebrows
    - Batch cook veggies
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Early night

Have a great day everyone x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Drink 2 bottles of water :smile:
    - May challenge: 15+ minutes walking (to work) :smile:
    - 30 minute lunch break (French/ life admin) :/
    - French podcast + article + book :smile:
    - Focus on key priority (ignore desk clearing) :smile:
    - Read emails at set points only :smile:
    - LEAVE work by 5.40 :smiley:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Drink 2 bottles of water
    - Run to work
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (after work)

- 30+ minute lunch break (French/ life admin)
    - French podcast + article + book
    - Read emails at set points only
    - LEAVE work by 5.40

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
  • AnnaChange
    AnnaChange Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Late May Goals:
    1. get back on the journey
    2. Log food everyday no matter what I eat
    3. Lose the "i will start again tomorrow " and then go eat all the junk in the house.
    4. No longer pregnant to blame it all on the baby
    5. cut down on sugars ! One sweet snack per day as a start
    6. eat fruits ! haven't had any in months
    7. take my iron
    8. start exercising again
    9. encourage my husband to exercise with me
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    So I’ve not really posted goals for a few days but I’ve just been trying to get more organised.
    Inspired by the tiny habits I have a hand written list of things I need to do daily.
    So for example -take medication whilst making Caseys first feed-
    -let dog out and feed him whilst girls are eating breakfast
    Etc and I have to try complete it by 10am. Which is around the time my oh gets up so then I’m completely free to spend time with him and do his breakfast etc. But if I don’t finish it all it doesn’t matter because the jobs left will be minimal things rather than a lot of things!

Then my midday one is basically make the girls lunch. And whilst they’re eating I do a quick tidy of the lounge and then clear the pots etc.

Dinner is a lot more. There’s a lot to do!
    No time limit on that but should probs make it for 9pm because I watched some of a box set before doing anything!

Fully embracing my housewife role haha!
    5 people and a dog is a lot to handle so routine is a must or it’s just chaos!
    Also means I have time to do other chores in between these basic ones like my absolute mountain of clothes to fold and put away!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    If I may join your thread, I need a little extra accountability. I've been doing well but this week my calories have been steadily over goal.

And wow to some of you that are managing this with for example "5 people and a dog", I'm only responsible for myself and one spoiled cat.

Just for today I want to:

1) stay UNDER my calorie goal, even if it's just by one calorie
    2) drink 64 oz of water
    3) do a fitness blender routine
    4) be within 10% of my protein goal
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Laundry :)
    6. Go to the gym :)
    7. Finish 3 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Water my flowers and garden
    6. Go to the gym
    7. Finish 3 orders from my shop
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes. Maybe? Maybe a rest day.
    2. Enter back work. Enter listening grades. Talk to S about assessment types. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Akata Warrior.
    5. Yoga 6 PM. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 2? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!

DEFINITELY walked today. hahahaha still sore.

JFT Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes. Take lit book and water flavors to school. Be sure to wear khakis and take polo shirt for training.
    2. Enter back work. Enter listening grades. Call Visa about interest rate. Call gym about classes T/R next week. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Akata Warrior. COLLECT PROJECTS.
    5. Meet with B after school. Park for training by 5 PM. Chop more celery. Dinner - Salad? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!

UGH, I forgot the water flavors again. This morning was SO rushed - I kept dropping things! It was REALLY frustrating. Anyway, quoting to add tasks:

2. Critique stories. Update pass/fail list.
    3. Put water flavors in school bag, DARNIT!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Meds AM and PM :) / >:) I think I forgot my PM meds - I'm not even sure. I need to improve my PM habits, maybe have a sign of things to make sure I did before I leave the office? But that does no help on the weekends. Evening meds have been tricky for me because I prefer to take them both before 4ish and need to eat something with it so its usually after an afternoon snack but before dinner. They havent been bothering my tummy tho, so maybe I'll just set a daily alarm for 3ish and just take no matter what and see how that goes.
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Stay in cals :)
    4. Stay under sodium :) eeked in at 25mg's under!
    5. Eat lunch outside :)
    6. Empty 2 drawer file cabinet >:) Ugh, been a bit distracted.
    7. Do no harm but take no *kitten* :)
    8. 10 wall push ups every bathroom trip >:) again, a distracted few days. I remembered maybe twice out of 10 times.

JFT Thursday
    1. Be grateful for what you have. Find your center. Don't stress about things you have no control over.
    2. Engineering Checklists
    3. EMPTY FILE CABINET
    4. 10 Wall push ups every bathroom break
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. Log all food
    7. Make smart choices for dinner
    8. Make eyebrow appointment for Tuesday
    9. Pack dog bag for day at work; chews, blanket, bowl.
    10. Notes for tomorrow: phone bill, dog food, excise tax, dog bath

Funny about the woo's! I was scrolling through threads the other day and someone called a girl out for "having lots of woo's" in a negative context (which I dont even understand how someone can see how many reactions someone else has, but thats not the point of this story) And I'm like wait, woo's are bad? So I got a little self conscious for a moment, and then the topic was brought up here and explained! So whew, to the woo's! Love this thread!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Just a check in to say that I’ve finally said “enough is enough” and gotten a personal heath coach. I’m finally feeling well enough to commit to something and the past dramas have been worked out, so this is it! My final do-over.

I was weighed and measured last Thursday (May 10th) and then again today (I’ve not looked at the scale in between).

My coach has a body fat scale and the numbers are as follows:

Weight: 210.4 Lbs
    Body fat: 46.6% (Bad!)
    Muscle: 32.4%
    Water: 32.1% (REALLY BAD! This should be in the 50’s)

May 17:
    Weight: 205.4 Lbs
    Body fat: 45.1%
    Muscle: 32.8%
    Water: 33.4%

Numbers are all going in the right direction!! I’m feeling great!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So I’ve not really posted goals for a few days but I’ve just been trying to get more organised.
    Inspired by the tiny habits I have a hand written list of things I need to do daily.
    So for example -take medication whilst making Caseys first feed-
    -let dog out and feed him whilst girls are eating breakfast
    Etc and I have to try complete it by 10am. Which is around the time my oh gets up so then I’m completely free to spend time with him and do his breakfast etc. But if I don’t finish it all it doesn’t matter because the jobs left will be minimal things rather than a lot of things!

Then my midday one is basically make the girls lunch. And whilst they’re eating I do a quick tidy of the lounge and then clear the pots etc.

Dinner is a lot more. There’s a lot to do!
    No time limit on that but should probs make it for 9pm because I watched some of a box set before doing anything!

Fully embracing my housewife role haha!
    5 people and a dog is a lot to handle so routine is a must or it’s just chaos!
    Also means I have time to do other chores in between these basic ones like my absolute mountain of clothes to fold and put away!

It sounds to me like you are rockin' the housewife role. It's never an easy task, but oh so very rewarding.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Meds AM and PM :) / >:) I think I forgot my PM meds - I'm not even sure. I need to improve my PM habits, maybe have a sign of things to make sure I did before I leave the office? But that does no help on the weekends. Evening meds have been tricky for me because I prefer to take them both before 4ish and need to eat something with it so its usually after an afternoon snack but before dinner. They havent been bothering my tummy tho, so maybe I'll just set a daily alarm for 3ish and just take no matter what and see how that goes.
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Stay in cals :)
    4. Stay under sodium :) eeked in at 25mg's under!
    5. Eat lunch outside :)
    6. Empty 2 drawer file cabinet >:) Ugh, been a bit distracted.
    7. Do no harm but take no *kitten* :)
    8. 10 wall push ups every bathroom trip >:) again, a distracted few days. I remembered maybe twice out of 10 times.

JFT Thursday
    1. Be grateful for what you have. Find your center. Don't stress about things you have no control over.
    2. Engineering Checklists
    3. EMPTY FILE CABINET
    4. 10 Wall push ups every bathroom break
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. Log all food
    7. Make smart choices for dinner
    8. Make eyebrow appointment for Tuesday
    9. Pack dog bag for day at work; chews, blanket, bowl.
    10. Notes for tomorrow: phone bill, dog food, excise tax, dog bath

Funny about the woo's! I was scrolling through threads the other day and someone called a girl out for "having lots of woo's" in a negative context (which I dont even understand how someone can see how many reactions someone else has, but thats not the point of this story) And I'm like wait, woo's are bad? So I got a little self conscious for a moment, and then the topic was brought up here and explained! So whew, to the woo's! Love this thread!

I had gotten self conscious about it as well in the message board I was reading. I guess it's one of those "know your audience" situations. LOL