JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Back from my 2-week holiday, feeling refreshed! (and a bit heavier - oops! hopefully that will fall off quickly)

There were 375 unread posts!!! I've skimmed through... not particularly thoroughly though, hope I haven't missed anything super important!

@mytime6630 Half of May has gone, but I'm up for the May challenge! I already do that amount per day just in my normal commute, so I'll say it has to be on top of my normal commute.

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Pre-log and stick to food plan
    - Drink 2 bottles of water
    - May challenge: 15+ minutes walking

- Stop work by 5.30pm
    - Make decision on job application
    - Make decision on politics motion
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Do the push mowing :)
    6. Plant my outside flowers :)

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Water my flowers and garden
    6. Go to the gym
    7. Finish 3 orders from my shop
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. Meds AM and PM :)
    2. Be kind to yourself :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Stay in cals :)
    5. Eat lunch outside or with window open :)
    6. Finish final office moving tasks - empty 2 drawer file cabinet, consider moving job files? >:)

JFT Tuesday
    1. Meds AM and PM
    2. Log all food
    3. Stay in cals
    4. Eat lunch outside or with window open
    5. 10 squats each bathroom trip
    6. Contact cousin re: house
    7. Empty 2 drawer file cabinet
    8. Finish drawings
    9. Spool valve specs?
    10. 10 each for 365 days of happy - that deadline is fast approaching!!!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    Just for today, I will be patient with the people who must enter my home to install something. (I don't like strangers in my house. I barely like friends in my house.)

I always feel awkward when installation or tradesmen are in the house lol
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Monday's Recap:
    1. Do more costume work- :smile: One costume almost completely done, aside from a few small things!
    2. Do some training with the dog- :smile:
    3. Stay within my calorie limit- :smile: Back on track, wohoo!
    4. Only snack when hungry, not when stressed- :/ Nope, I ate when I was stressed. But I stuck to my calorie limit!!!
    5. Do some laundry- :)
    6. Pack food for my trip- :) Aside from the fruits and veggies I plan on taking, I'm pretty much ready to go!
    7. Make a shopping list for needed supplies- :) Finished!
    8. Finish schedule- :/ Nope. 1/3 of the way there though.
    9. Turn in assignment- :/
    10. Take out recycling- :/ I'll be taking it out momentarily.

Tuesday's Goals:
    1. Drink 6 cups of water, at least
    2. More laundry!
    3. Do at least 1 mile of walking
    4. Practice my knitting
    5. Make my bed
    6. Fold and put away clothes
    7. Dishes and work in the kitchen
    8. FINISH. SCHEDULE.
    9. Turn in assignment!!!
    10. Take out recycling
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Here is a selection of holiday photos for you, to inspire you to travel!

Hope others enjoy them too :smile:

I also have a lot of pictures of the food I ate while I was away, however it feels like sharing those might not be very conducive to the aims of this group...

These are GORGEOUS pictures! YOU are a BEAUTIFUL woman with such a pretty smile! Thank you soooo much for sharing these! I had no idea there was such beauty in Vietnam. That had to be an amazing trip! My feet are itching to take a trip like crazy! LOL! These pics have given me the inspiration to begin researching how much vacation hours I can realistically save up at work and research where we could go in that amount of time. Thank you for feeding my travel urge...I needed a kick in the butt to get myself actually doing something about it. :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @OConnell5483 I’m so excited for this quilt!!

I showed my husband a picture of Casey last night and told him that she was the baby the quilt is for, and he laughed and said something about taking so long that she might be in high school before she gets it... He's such a fun-killer. HAHAHA! :mrgreen:

P.S. He does think Casey is absolutely beautiful though. He loves babies...
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday May 14
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :(
    Plank Challenge - :(
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Exercise that doesn't include walking tonight - :(

JFT - Tuesday May 15
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal
    Swim Tonight?

I am in so much pain, my legs, feet, back and even neck are hurting. I don't know what is going on. After my rest days last week, I have only gone for 3 intentional walks. 2 - 5K's and almost 4. On Sunday I was active all day again with the grands, but I truly didn't feel like I was overdoing it in any way. I think I'll try swimming tonight after a soak in the hot tub. Maybe I'll try some yoga or something. My eldest daughter is buying me proper walking shoes this weekend for Mother's Day. We couldn't find time to go together this past weekend. I'll just leave my walking until I get those.

I bought a food scale yesterday, I measured my nightly grapes and I have been estimating pretty close on those. I think it will be interesting to see how I'm doing on other things as I go. I was over on my calories yesterday but not over maintenance so I won't beat myself up over it.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    JFT, Tues
    1. log ALL food ---- did terrible last nite again with the ice cream :/
    2. concentrate on 8+ glasses of water!!! NEED to turn this into a habit! April challenge
    3. go out and walk 15 minutes in the sunshine - May challenge
    4. remember tiny habits --- vitamin ---- water bottle --- brush teeth after dinner
    5. drink 8 glasses of water before having a diet pepsi

@sarah74_vt --- I like your goal of 8 glasses of water before a diet coke. I am trying so hard to give up coke and pepsi. Even though all I drink is diet, I know it is not good for me. I've been trying to drink more ice tea (but I don't like it!). So I think I may steal your goal!

Leaving friday morning for our trip to see family/cousins/friends, and then our son and boys are coming here for a few days. So trying to stay on track!

@slittlemeisterslittlemeiste -- welcome back!! And LOVE the pictures! Thank you for sharing! And I agree with @OConnell5483 - you are beautiful!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,491 Member
    Options
    Recap M 5/14 ~ observation trip at 5 locations + webinar at 3 p.m. in office
    1) Weight machine & circuit training before work = :smiley:
    2) Move hourly = Fitbit 14,642 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 18 floors ~ observation fieldwork = lots of steps / not so many floors :smiley:
    3) Net calories green / fast after 7 p.m. for HRA T 8:15 a.m. / drink > 12c water = Net calories green (yay), sodium -673, sugar -32 [had no idea baked beans would be so high / probably screwed up glucose reading ~ ack! especially since I've been trying so hard to limit processed sugar :'( ], fiber & protein excellent & 14c water :neutral:
    4) Evening: complete HRA forms :smiley: / prep overnight oats for late breakfast T a.m. :smiley: / write note for hubby :smiley: / make hummingbird syrup & fill feeders / meal plan + grocery list / wash dishes = no energy or ambition once I got home :/ at least I washed dishes before work T a.m. since I couldn't eat breakfast or work out before HRA :smile:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :( / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / reset alarm (no workout before HRA) :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley:

JFT T 5/15 ~ annual workplace Health Risk Assessment at 8:15 a.m. (fasting blood draw) + rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Net calories w/i 100 green / monitor usual / maybe 1 beer tonight
    3) Edit PA initiation memo & give to Admin for distribution / complete prep for Th seminar
    4) Evening: spread mulch around daffodils & roses / trim around lilies & black-eyed susans then mulch / make hummingbird syrup & fill feeders / meal plan & grocery list
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / reset alarm for W a.m. walk / bed & TV off 10:15

@slittlemeister Love, love, love the photos and you are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

@Bex953172 Casey is adorable! Love her blowout.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Monday:
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. <25 g Net Carbs (Carbs - Fiber = Net Carbs) ;)
    3. Tie up lose ends on old projects today and reply to outstanding emails. :)
    4. Stand intermittently through conference calls today. Less Sitting! :)
    5. Be grateful and practice patience and kindness in every encounter I have today :)
    6. Tonight's to-do list: Plant Mother's Day flowers I picked out yesterday, put away winter clothes, start Donate bag, go through spring/summer clothing and start a list of things I need to pack for my trip. :/Had company again so my evening plans were squashed.
    7. Take a walk tonight after dinner :(See #6
    8. Sew more on little Casey's quilt (I'm taking this to my mom's on Memorial Day weekend so she can show me how to properly quilt the top and get the binding sewn on nicely. I'm terrible at it!) It's closer to being done, @Bex953172!!! :mrgreen::(See #6
    9. Bed at 9:00 no matter how much company we have. I need some downtime at night and I need to establish my routine again. :(Close....was in bed by 9:30 but couldn't fall asleep until 11:30. Was wound up from having company.
    10. Finish watching Food as Medicine, and start the book "Terry Wahls' Protocol" :(Again, see #6

Well, I have a lot of frowns on today's goals, but I got all my water in, I got to take two 15 minute walks during breaks between Skype meetings at work and ate really healthy food yesterday. Yesterday was Day 9 of no-added-sugar eating.

Tying up more loose ends today at work and still have all yesterday's goals to do, which weren't done yesterday, so I'll use most of them again today.

Just for Tuesday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. <25 g Net Carbs (Carbs - Fiber = Net Carbs)
    3. Tie up lose ends on old projects today and reply to outstanding emails.
    4. Stand intermittently through conference calls today. Less Sitting!
    5. Be grateful and practice patience and kindness in every encounter I have today
    6. Tonight's to-do list: Plant Mother's Day flowers I picked out yesterday, put away winter clothes, start Donate bag, go through spring/summer clothing.
    7. Take a walk tonight after dinner
    8. Sew more on little Casey's quilt
    9. Bed at 9:00 no matter WHO is at our house. Need to establish my routine within new living arrangements.
    10. Finish watching Food as Medicine, and start the book "Terry Wahls Protocol"
    11. Start listing items to pack for weekend as I think of them.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Here is a selection of holiday photos for you, to inspire you to travel!

Hope others enjoy them too :smile:

I also have a lot of pictures of the food I ate while I was away, however it feels like sharing those might not be very conducive to the aims of this group...

These are GORGEOUS pictures! YOU are a BEAUTIFUL woman with such a pretty smile! Thank you soooo much for sharing these! I had no idea there was such beauty in Vietnam. That had to be an amazing trip! My feet are itching to take a trip like crazy! LOL! These pics have given me the inspiration to begin researching how much vacation hours I can realistically save up at work and research where we could go in that amount of time. Thank you for feeding my travel urge...I needed a kick in the butt to get myself actually doing something about it. :mrgreen:

Me and my partner are to plan a Vegas wedding at the little white chapel! But also make it a tour and see some stuff around the Nevada area. We don’t want to do a wedding for everyone else (you know when you cater for them etc and pay for a venue and all sorts) I just want me and my OH to go have a blast!

I’ve been to Vegas before, we went to San Francisco, drove to Los Angeles and then got a plane to Las Vegas! We stayed in the stratosphere hotel! Thing is I was like 12? LOL!
    We only spent 5 days but I think we mostly went round the hotels as they’re magnificent and we went to down town Vegas where I saw Bryan Cranston filming for Malcolm in the Middle (he’s also main character from Breaking Bad)

It was really good though! I tried to get my parents to gamble for me haha... they didn’t.

I wanted to go see The Black Box but some fecker has stolen it!!!! I mean really?!? Some douche bag is sat at home with that lol!

Anyway, I know there some things round there we want to go see!
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @OConnell5483 I’m so excited for this quilt!!

I showed my husband a picture of Casey last night and told him that she was the baby the quilt is for, and he laughed and said something about taking so long that she might be in high school before she gets it... He's such a fun-killer. HAHAHA! :mrgreen:

P.S. He does think Casey is absolutely beautiful though. He loves babies...

Hahahah probably be giving it to my granddaughter
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Monday's Recap:

4. Only snack when hungry, not when stressed- :/ Nope, I ate when I was stressed. But I stuck to my calorie limit!!!

It's all a process...one step at a time. The fact that you stuck to your calorie limit is a victory. Onward!

Peace and joy
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister Thank you for taking the time to share your pics! I especially liked the lightening and the lanterns. So glad you got to go and I hope you soaked it up.
    l3up4iif5d9q.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @slittlemeister looks like a beautiful trip. You caught lightning, that's not the easiest to do!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I was invited for lunch today with the former co-worker that only wants KFC on Tuesdays. Today I was prepared for it and didn't overeat in the morning. It's also such a gorgeous sunny day, I decided to walk to meet him. So I burned some calories to leave me room to eat the unhealthy meal. My legs are tired, but not painfully so right now. I did it leisurely didn't push it hoping that I'm not in agony tonight.
    I found out this morning, hubby has to work this weekend so I don't want to use my evening going swimming. This is our only evening this week we'll have alone I think.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Have read all the posts - seems like everyone is keeping motivated. @slittlemeister - amazing pics. Hope you had a great time!

My overriding thought tonight is just - how is it only Tuesday???! So tired!

Anyway, all good on the goals. Heading for an early night now. May have to take an unplanned rest day tomorrow if I still feel like I’m wading through mud!

Tuesday goals.
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge - water water! ✅ was looking dicey but had a late surge after hot yoga - even chugged some water back while taking a recovery bath!
    - May challenge - aim for 15k steps ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Early night ✅

Wednesday goals
    -morning workout? Or rest day??
    - 12k steps
    - Water challenge
    - 15 mins outside challenge
    - Eyebrows
    - Batch cook veggies
    - Stay within calorie goal

Night all x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Glad the pics were appreciated!

thanks to @OConnell5483 @mytime6630 @cschmitz110515 for the compliments ;) Like many others on here, I don't always feel super confident about my appearance....almost certainly due to negative comments from peers throughout my adolescence.... (When I was much chubbier than I am now, wore massive thick glasses and couldn't do sport which was a criminal offence...) So it is very nice to get compliments! I must wear that flattering shade of orange more often... (life jackets are also great for concealing holiday podge)

@OConnell5483 I'm so glad you feel motivated to do some travelling! Where's top of your list? I recommend Pinterest for inspiration!

@Bex953172 A Vegas wedding sounds awesome! Any thoughts on where else you might go? I went to Vegas as part of a trip through Arizona/Utah with my parents years ago - depending on how long you have you might be able to see lots of amazing sights, including the Grand Canyon! (I also recommend Bryce Canyon)
    @slittlemeister looks like a beautiful trip. You caught lightning, that's not the easiest to do!

I have to admit that I did not actually take the photos.... My boyfriend is the photographer. :smile: I will pass on your comment! (I think the lightning probably wasn't that easy, he was odd for about 30 minutes doing it..)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 A Vegas wedding sounds awesome! Any thoughts on where else you might go? I went to Vegas as part of a trip through Arizona/Utah with my parents years ago - depending on how long you have you might be able to see lots of amazing sights, including the Grand Canyon! (I also recommend Bryce Canyon)

It won’t be for a few years yet, will cost a fair amount of money to do it I reckon and will be a wedding/honeymoon combined.
    And someone will have to have the kids so I reckon 7-10 days would be our maximum!
    I really need to research the areas and see what we can see and what we can do :)