Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday May 16
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :) Had the best 15 minutes yet, kicked a ball around the back yard with Michaela. I don't know who chased it more but we sure had fun. She wouldn't even go in Jonah's box fort with him and give up kicking the ball with Grammie.
    Write in Journal - :( I think I forgot, I don't remember doing this last night
    Find some exercise time tonight - :) Besides kicking the ball, I went swimming for 45 Minutes. I was practicing my breathing again. I am so struggling with this, but I followed the 1-2-3 rule and was able to do 1-2-3 breathe, 1-2-3 breathe, 1-2-3 "swallow the pool". Last week I couldn't even do it once, so it is an improvement. A very kind young lifeguard asked me if I was ok, after one of my sputtering fits. I explained I was just trying to practice my breathing. She watched me as I went back and forth and when I got back down to her end, she asked if I wanted a tip. She said I had good form, but I needed to kick harder. She also told me that if I forget to let my air out while I'm under water, that humming helps her. She said it feels very weird at first but helped her learn. I used her tips to get as far as I did. I should have gotten her name so I could have called to commend her today.

JFT - Thursday May 17
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal
    Exercise tonight?

I am so incredibly shocked this morning. I had been doing the "Just Give me 10 Days Challenge", this morning when I stepped on the scale I was down to 190.2! That is 3 pounds gone in 10 days, but aside from that I am where I started in 2012, my first time on MFP! I am going to go back today to look at when I got serious this time and see how long that actually took.

I had set some mini-goals for myself with some rewards to keep me motivated. My first mini goal was to reach 190 and buy new sandals. I really need pants and a new bra, so I'm changing my reward but I'm getting it this weekend. My eldest daughter and I made a date for Saturday afternoon, I am going to meet her at the mall that she works at after work and we are buying my new walking shoes and then doing some shopping. I am so excited. I haven't bought anything for myself in a long time.

I bought a food scale on Tuesday, I don't remember if I had posted that in here or not. I was pleasantly surprised when I started measuring, that I had been pretty close in my estimating. If anything I was under, but I was sure that meat was going to give me a shock. Last night I made burgers for supper and I was right, I was probably eating about 3 servings. This should help me a lot, because my husband loves burgers so I make them almost weekly.

Sorry it's so long, have a great day everyone!

What’s the give me 10 days challenge?!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT - Wednesday May 16
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :) Had the best 15 minutes yet, kicked a ball around the back yard with Michaela. I don't know who chased it more but we sure had fun. She wouldn't even go in Jonah's box fort with him and give up kicking the ball with Grammie.
    Write in Journal - :( I think I forgot, I don't remember doing this last night
    Find some exercise time tonight - :) Besides kicking the ball, I went swimming for 45 Minutes. I was practicing my breathing again. I am so struggling with this, but I followed the 1-2-3 rule and was able to do 1-2-3 breathe, 1-2-3 breathe, 1-2-3 "swallow the pool". Last week I couldn't even do it once, so it is an improvement. A very kind young lifeguard asked me if I was ok, after one of my sputtering fits. I explained I was just trying to practice my breathing. She watched me as I went back and forth and when I got back down to her end, she asked if I wanted a tip. She said I had good form, but I needed to kick harder. She also told me that if I forget to let my air out while I'm under water, that humming helps her. She said it feels very weird at first but helped her learn. I used her tips to get as far as I did. I should have gotten her name so I could have called to commend her today.

JFT - Thursday May 17
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal
    Exercise tonight?

I am so incredibly shocked this morning. I had been doing the "Just Give me 10 Days Challenge", this morning when I stepped on the scale I was down to 190.2! That is 3 pounds gone in 10 days, but aside from that I am where I started in 2012, my first time on MFP! I am going to go back today to look at when I got serious this time and see how long that actually took.

I had set some mini-goals for myself with some rewards to keep me motivated. My first mini goal was to reach 190 and buy new sandals. I really need pants and a new bra, so I'm changing my reward but I'm getting it this weekend. My eldest daughter and I made a date for Saturday afternoon, I am going to meet her at the mall that she works at after work and we are buying my new walking shoes and then doing some shopping. I am so excited. I haven't bought anything for myself in a long time.

I bought a food scale on Tuesday, I don't remember if I had posted that in here or not. I was pleasantly surprised when I started measuring, that I had been pretty close in my estimating. If anything I was under, but I was sure that meat was going to give me a shock. Last night I made burgers for supper and I was right, I was probably eating about 3 servings. This should help me a lot, because my husband loves burgers so I make them almost weekly.

Sorry it's so long, have a great day everyone!

What’s the give me 10 days challenge?!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10667639/just-give-me-10-days-round-41#latest

You just go in daily and update your weight and put a little something about your day. The one above is the new one starting tomorrow. If you look under Challenges for round 40 it will give you an idea of what people write. It's pretty eye-opening seeing the weight fluctuate so much daily but what occurs over the 10 days as a whole.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish
    Progress so far this year:

May 17 162.7
    May 9 163.8
    May 2 164.6
    Apr 11 165.4
    Apr 4 167.7
    Mar 7 168.4
    Feb 7 171.6
    Jan 3: 176.0
  • Snowflake1968
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I just looked back at my Net Calories for the last 90 days. I had started tracking again in February, but from the looks of it I didn't start seriously attempting to stay in the green until March 17 failing miserably for about 10 days in April. So when I look at that, it's a pretty good loss, about 6 pounds each month. If I keep that up, I should have no problem meeting my birthday goal of 170.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    If I may join your thread, I need a little extra accountability. I've been doing well but this week my calories have been steadily over goal.

And wow to some of you that are managing this with for example "5 people and a dog", I'm only responsible for myself and one spoiled cat.

Just for today I want to:

1) stay UNDER my calorie goal, even if it's just by one calorie
    2) drink 64 oz of water
    3) do a fitness blender routine
    4) be within 10% of my protein goal

A big welcome! This is a great place to make your daily goals and gain support as you work on them and ultimately lose weight. The key is to keep returning everyday.
    Peace and joy.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday May 16

Oh my goodness!!! You are just about to join the 180's Club. Now that's a big Woo-Hoo!! So excited for you. And now that you have a food scale you will stay within your calorie goals. Yea yea yea. I am looking forward to your next weigh-in. And congrats on the swimming!
    Peace and joy---onward!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    I just looked back at my Net Calories for the last 90 days. I had started tracking again in February, but from the looks of it I didn't start seriously attempting to stay in the green until March 17 failing miserably for about 10 days in April. So when I look at that, it's a pretty good loss, about 6 pounds each month. If I keep that up, I should have no problem meeting my birthday goal of 170.

You are going to get there!!
    sxqw0w3xr4cc.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    Weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish
    Progress so far this year:

May 17 162.7
    May 9 163.8
    May 2 164.6
    Apr 11 165.4
    Apr 4 167.7
    Mar 7 168.4
    Feb 7 171.6
    Jan 3: 176.0

Look at that! Fantastic work...look how close you are to your goal weight...wowie zowie. You are in the homestretch. Keep up the good work...and I hope you stick around after you make your goal to help the rest of us stay encouraged and motivated!

Peace and joy
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT, 5/17

Exercise
    Walk outside
    Drink 8 cups water
    prelog and stay within boundaries
    online study
    stretch

Peace and joy, fellow sojourners!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Thank you @toaljasa. You are the greatest cheerleader, it's really appreciated :)
  • kizzyann1111
    kizzyann1111 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    4'8" tall, 37 years old

Starting weight: May 17, 2018: 218
    Goal weight be Dec 31st: 199

JFT, Thursday, May 17, 2018
    1. Keep track of water intake. Not necessarily getting my 8 glasses of water in
    2. Do stairs instead of Elevator or escalator
    3. Set my alarm for tomorrow at 5a so I can wake up in time to walk to transit station
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Pre-bed check in. Been a pretty good day and finally the end of the week is in sight! Hope everyone is doing well. Yay to @bcTRAI - goal weight is so so close! @Snowflake1968 - sounds like you’ve been busy with some more stellar grandma work. And great to read how you’re persevering with swimming. Hi to everyone else (so many to mention).

Thursday goals
    -morning workout? ✅
    - emails to J, G’s Parents, J’s Mum, M’s Mum ✅
    - Paperwork ✅
    - 12k steps ✅
    - Water challenge ✅
    - 15 mins outside challenge ✅
    - Eyebrows ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Early night ✅ just about!

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - 3ltr water
    - 12k steps
    - May challenge
    - Stay within calorie goal (avoid work royal wedding lunch even though I have made a cake!)
    - Hot yoga after work
    - Make decision on weekend plans (long story)
    - Early to bed

Night all x
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I LOVE the “Just give me 10 days” challenges! I did about 15 of them consecutively, but I had to stop because I was getting obsessive about weigh-ins. Still, that community is great! A very supportive bunch!

My goals are very simple and the same every day:

1. Listen to coach regarding nutrition (no cheating in the evenings)
    2. Drink drink drink
    3. Hit my daily step goal
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @nickssweetheart and @kizzyann1111 Welcome to both of you as well as any other newcomers. I've loved all the wonderful people in this community group. It's an incredibly active and supportive group. I hope you find it just as lovely.
    @toaljasa Thank-you for your cheering on. I am hoping to stay with the group when I figure I'm "finished". Really there is no finished and I know I'll need to stay on, aside from wanting to stay and keep in touch with everyone.
    @Snowflake1968 Way to go! I'm so proud of you with your swimming and everything. You should be of yourself as well.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Goodness gracious, there are 32 new posts in the last 24 hours! I'll catch up later, for now want to recap yesterday & today...

Recap W 5/16
    1) Walked dog before work on BEAUTIFUL morning / 3.07 mi 53:07 pace 17:17 / remembered to stretch = happy dog B) & happy me B) Fitbit 14,681 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 62 floors :smiley:
    2) Leftovers day / net calories green / monitor usual = Net calories -138, sodium & sugar green (yay), fiber & protein good & 14c water ~ not terrible, but I'm learning with my new MFP setting of 1/2# per week, if net calories are red, I flirt with maintenance weight :#
    3) Edit PA initiation memo & give to Admin for distribution :smile: memo edited & emailed but wasted my time :# -> w/i 5 min. of email, boss retracted memo b/c AC had asked to delay project (not sure when) ~ unfortunately boss is not great communicator, even though PA was on my schedule since beginning of fiscal year ~ grrr >:) / finish summaries for Monday's observations :neutral: started anyway / edit CPE template for incoming Pres signature :/ postponed due to finalization of ops audit report receiving final ok ~ yahoo!!! :smiley: only took 17 months of work :D / out of office message for Th :smiley: and few more emails related to association duties :# / take projector & admin box for Th :smiley:
    4) Evening: get speaker's check from mailbox left by Treas. :# T dropped check off before I arrived home for lunch (not evening like he said :o) & hubby was surprised to deliver to me :D / BRUSH DOG :smiley: less hair to shed indoors / at least 1 - 2 to-do's :smiley: decluttered some
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / check alarm for time ~ need to leave home Th 7:20 a.m. :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: asleep by 10!!! :smiley:

JFT Th 5/17 ~ 8 hr seminar + 1 hr drive time + no workout = very sedentary day. I had every intention of eating small portions of whatever lunch and refreshments were served. Not so much. By this evening, the introvert in me was exhausted, having handled seminar check-in and networking with 26 people in my professional association all day, even though I loved it. So after I drove 33 miles back to my city & deposited seminar checks at in-store bank, I picked up rotisserie chicken, deli salads and a few groceries on my way home, and proceeded to eat with abandon, including WAY too much sugar today. I now feel bloated and blah. Going to drink more water before 10:00 (at least I did that right today) and start fresh tomorrow. Night all.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes. Take lit book and water flavors to school. Be sure to wear khakis and take polo shirt for training.
    2. Enter back work. Enter listening grades. Call Visa about interest rate. Call gym about classes T/R next week. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Akata Warrior. COLLECT PROJECTS.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Divide up reflections with units and courses. Review standards and assign to units. Create assessments that align to standards. Email C's parent about re-assessment and ongoing work.
    5. Meet with B after school. Park for training by 5 PM. Chop more celery. Dinner - Salad? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

2. Critique stories. Update pass/fail list.
    3. Put water flavors in school bag, DARNIT!

JFT Friday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes. Take lit book and water flavors to school. BE SURE TO WEAR NICE CLOTHES AND PACK CHANGE.
    2. Enter back work. Enter listening grades. Take notes on presentations. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Akata Warrior. Critique stories. Finish putting posters up.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Divide up reflections with units and courses. Review standards and assign to units. Create assessments that align to standards. Check with J about world lit.
    5. Park for training by 5:15 PM. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 1? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!! Writing group?
    6. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome. :smiley:

I'm running at 75% of my rather modest goals.

under goal: :smiley:
    64 oz water: :smiley:
    fitness blender routine: :/- forgot this goal until I was already in bed going to sleep and didn't want to get up and work out
    protein: :smiley:

So for today:

fitness blender, no matter what!
    64 oz water
    under calorie goal
    within 10% of protein goal
    clean out fridge (picking up my groceries tonight)