JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

It's been a day or two, hasn't it? Yesterday was a really good day, busy but good. There was a street festival in downtown. The DH and I got there around 10:30 to set up my Mom's booth. She had a doctors appointment so she was a little late. But we got it all carried over and set up for her. I then walked around for a bit with the DH and hung out with Mom. At 1:30 I went to my bank's table and hung out for a little while. The festival was supposed to be until 6 but it started to POUR so we all closed down at 4. Lol I spent a lot of time walking around a one block area. Lol. Proud of Mom too. She got a couple of sales and made her rent for August. I also got to pray for her because she was nervous and flustered. She calmed down after that. Lol. The DH and I then spent the rest of the night just hanging out.

I started listening to podcasts a few days ago. I found this hysterical one called "Drunks and Dragons" which is pretty much a group of friends playing Dungeons and Dragons while drinking. Lol. They aren't blatant about their drinking but you can definitely tell as the game goes on. Lol. So the DH and I listened to one of them and he was laughing a lot too.

We slept in until 11:15 this morning. We were going to go to church this morning but when the alarm went off I told the DH to turn it off and not reset it. I have no recollection of that. Lol. It felt good to spend some time in bed with him.

Right now I have laundry going and chicken in the crock that I was supposed to do yesterday. Lol.

So on to my list, I supposed :)

JFT, 7/22/18

1. Finish laundry :)
    2. DO THE DISHES :)
    3. No nap! :)
    4. Fold and put away laundry :#
    5. Clear off tables :)
    6. Watch Youtube/FPU videos :) / :(
    7. Hang out with the DH :|
    8. Shower by 9 :'(
    9. Tech off by 10 :#
    10. Bed by 11 :|

Tomorrow is a new day! Things will be better! So onward to goals!

JFT, 7/23/18

1. Up at 6
    2. Quiet time
    3. YOGA
    4. Make lunches
    5. Work 815-515
    6. Dinner/Dishes
    7. FPU video(?)
    8. Shower by 9
    9. Tech off my 1015
    10. Bed by 11

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Ten pounds down! Very proud of that, especially since this was such an off week, with a couple of unexpected splurges. I definitely noticed some signs of my body thinning out this week. Here's to keeping healthy habits going! This week I'm going out of town to visit a friend for a few days. Any tips for staying healthy while traveling? I think this will be a great challenge for me since I've had the foundation set over the last 5 weeks.

For today:
    Start planning for next week's trip ✅
    Prep for Monday workday-going to after this
    Do maximum pushups able :(
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Get all paperwork in
    Start packing for trip
    Do maximum pushups able
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

Weigh in:
    Week 0: 190
    Week 1: 187.6
    Week 2: 187.8
    Week 3: 185.6
    Week 4: 182.2
    Week 5: 179.5-ten pounds down! 30 to go :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Ten pounds down!

Awesome job!!!! 10 Pounds is great!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I'm deffo spending too much time on here. I just had to ask my partner what we call "soda" in the UK..

This is so funny ....!! I always knew it as "pop" growing up in Iowa! "Soda" to me meant pop with icecream in it! Here in Missouri, "pop" is called Soda.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Had a great afternoon with Kaitlyn and her maids choosing dresses. This is all of them in the right style but the colour will be biscotti. Also look at Michaela, we didn’t choose hers today we let her try some on to be part of “Girls Day”

I LOVE the dresses!! Your daughter is going to be a beautiful bride ... she is just glowing!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I wanted to share this as there are so many of us that seem to have a love of ice cream. This is a satire site that I follow from my home province. I don't know who the writer is but he/she makes me laugh quite frequently.

https://themanatee.net/woman-acutely-aware-of-amount-of-ice-cream-in-freezer/

My eyes are watering as I read this to my husband. It's all true - even the bit about the chips at the end. Chocolate chips.

I’m glad you enjoyed it! I know it was true for me too lol

This is SO me! I don't know why I buy Ice cream !! SO tonite I am making a list of alternatives again. But thanks for sharing the story .. made me laugh! I'm not alone!
  • kaimbf123
    kaimbf123 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    JULY 22 GOALS:

✅ Stick to shake/supplement plan
    ✅ Stay at my calorie goal (ideally 1500 calories *or under* but up to 1600)
    calories: 1413
    ✅ Workout at gym
    60 mins treadmill & punching bag
    ✅ Take a couple minutes to stretch and breathe deep
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm deffo spending too much time on here. I just had to ask my partner what we call "soda" in the UK..

What do you call it? I grew up calling it "pop". Then I moved to Wisconsin as a teenager and everyone here called it soda. My mom still calls it pop. :smile:

In Texas (maybe the south?) we call it coke, as in "Let's go get a Coke!" Now you could get an actual Coca-cola, but you might also get a Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc. It's like asking for a band-aid when you actually have a Curad. or Zip-loc bag when you actually have a Great Value one. When we moved out of the region it was confusing to people...I'd say, "Let's go get a Coke." "Well, I don't like Coke but I'll go with you and order a Sprite..." so I just started calling it pop.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I am SO far behind again reading posts! This is such a active thread ... I LOVE it!!

I had a wonderful time with our son and grandsons, and our sons girlfriend. They seem so very happy. I do worry about it being so close to his divorce, but he said he didn't plan on meeting anyone this soon ... it just happened. So I am happy for him, and we had a wonderful time.

Our daughter didn't come out until this morning. Last nite after everyone was out she came out, and just started crying. My heart about broke. She is so sad. She would not tell my why she was crying, but I convinced her to come out this morning. She gets high anxiety meeting new people, but she liked our sons new girlfriend.

Tonite I helped her clean her apartment... and found out her toilet plugged again - and it was plugged all weekend. She didn't want to tell me because our son was in town. She called the apartment complex ... they just told her not to flush it, don't put any toilet paper in, and wait till Monday. So her apartment smelled SO bad ... I felt so bad for her. WHO can go for an entire weekend and not be able to flush a toilet, much less use a trashcan for the toilet paper. SO you know where I will be tomorrow ... having a word with the apartment complex. They need to get this fixed ASAP! But ... I got it unplugged, we cleaned the entire apartment, so hopefully my dear daughter can get a good nites sleep.

Now... its time for me to get back on track. I did OK until today. I had everyone over for breakfast ... and I made a blueberry french toast, and a apple french toast. All carbs! Most of it was left (I also had bacon, eggs, waffles, sausage, etc). So today was a day of eating leftovers ... which meant eating crap all day long.

SO tomorrow is back on track! I turned 67 on Friday, and I want to stay as young/healthy/active as I can. And I know that means I need to get into a normal, healthy weight.... 15 -20 pounds off.

My husband bought me a instapot Pressure cooker/slow cooker machine .... so does anyone have any ideas of how to use it? LOL!! I am looking for recipes, and hoping this will help me with meals. Apparently the pressure cooker part is suppose to good meat in short amount of time?

SO JFT, MONDay
    1. LOG all FOOD
    2. concentrate on water
    3. skipping the gym tomorrow .... but try and get a walk in after dinner
    4. mindful eat
    5. get out beck diet solution -- start over on chapter 1!!

Oh... and here is a picture of me, my husband, and one of our little grandsons! -- If we look tired, this is after a full day at Six Flags!!!
    t7ntqo4hx9er.jpg

You look tired but very content, as though it was a very good day. This is a great picture. Love your hair :) Happy Happy Birthday.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

What do you call it? I grew up calling it "pop". Then I moved to Wisconsin as a teenager and everyone here called it soda. My mom still calls it pop. :smile:

I don't know still!
    My partner said "fizzy drink" but it still doesn't sound right LOL!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Well today turned out to be a total bust. The DH and I allergies were terrible this morning so we both took Benadryl...really bad idea. We took it around 12pm and we're still feeling the effects at 10:30 at night. I got a bunch done but spent most of the day on the couch listening to podcasts and kind of ignoring Matt. He was feeling worse then I was and I guess I took some things out on him. Well it was more of internalzing some frustrated feelings. I really shouldnt hold it against him. Just makes me upset because today could have been so good. It's going to be our only day off together for at least 2 weeks. :/ But I ate my feelings. I probably would have been okay if the DH didnt get out the jar of peanut butter. I had 3 or 4 scoops topped with reese peanut butter puffs cereal. After that it was trail mix and teddy grahams. So needless to say, I dont feel well at all. Idk. I just am not in a good place right now. It's probably disappointment mixed with the after effects of Benadryl.

Try not to worry about a bust day. When you're feeling really poorly with allergies they're hard to relieve! I know when I'm poorly with anything I just want anything to get me through the day!

That happens a lot with my and my OH, a day without the kids and we end up bickering or one of us is poorly or something silly. There will be other days off together!

Hope you feel better! I'm very fortunate to not have any allergies! My partner not so much lol!
    He uses a sinus rinse though, flushed everything out of his face and he says it helps?
    This it's called NeilMed
  • Bex953172
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I wanted to share this as there are so many of us that seem to have a love of ice cream. This is a satire site that I follow from my home province. I don't know who the writer is but he/she makes me laugh quite frequently.

https://themanatee.net/woman-acutely-aware-of-amount-of-ice-cream-in-freezer/

My eyes are watering as I read this to my husband. It's all true - even the bit about the chips at the end. Chocolate chips.

I’m glad you enjoyed it! I know it was true for me too lol

This is SO me! I don't know why I buy Ice cream !! SO tonite I am making a list of alternatives again. But thanks for sharing the story .. made me laugh! I'm not alone!

I made a list of alternatives again last night, after I found some hidden Ben and Jerry's in the freezer and devoured it.
    Worst part is my partner came down mid eat and I Hid the tub under the sofa blankets u til he went back upstairs!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

In Texas (maybe the south?) we call it coke, as in "Let's go get a Coke!" Now you could get an actual Coca-cola, but you might also get a Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc. It's like asking for a band-aid when you actually have a Curad. or Zip-loc bag when you actually have a Great Value one. When we moved out of the region it was confusing to people...I'd say, "Let's go get a Coke." "Well, I don't like Coke but I'll go with you and order a Sprite..." so I just started calling it pop.

Yeah I thought this, I normally just say which one I'm going to get (omg really want a Dr pepper right now) but I couldn't think what the collective term in the UK was LOL!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Do exercise DVD
    - Be in the green without eating back exercise calories
    - No Alcohol

- 30+ minutes lunch break
    - Duolingo and French book
    - Food planning for week
    - Lights off by 10.45
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Well, I've had a great morning! Got up at 6, spent some time reading my bible, had two cups of coffee and did a 26 min yoga video. It's been forever since I've done one and I think I may have tweaked something in my hip but well see how it feels as the day goes on and I spend time walking around.

@Bex953172 Thank you for the kind words! My parents gave us some nondrowsy allergy stuff that has worked in the past(I think! Lol). So I took some of that this morning and I'll give some to the DH when he wakes up. I'm hoping it works and that he'll feel good enough tonight to do a few things with me.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    59 new posts since I checked JFT... I'll catch up later!

Recap F 7/20 Scattered showers & rest day = sad dog
    1) Usual snacks, breakfast & lunch / supper not sure yet but will prelog when decided / net calories w/i 100 green = Net calories -143, sodium -581, sugar -49 (ack), fiber excellent, protein ok & 9c water (oops) :/
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 10,214 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 32 floors :smiley:
    3) Work: submit status update 3 p.m. + request deadline extension due to issues :smile: / document new steps required for project :/ no time / select test sample so ready to begin M a.m. :neutral: only 1/2 thru ~ found issue w/ one of the aggregate totals (double-counting) and determined that prior years had same disparity ~ oops ~ at least it wasn't script I wrote ~ informed mgmt :#
    4) Lots to do today: pick up race packet for Sat. :smiley: / prep race clothes : / choose clothes for Sat. :smiley: / "wrap" SIL Xmas present (we pre-ordered book which finally shipped) :smiley: / write check for car pmt :smiley: / program DVR :smiley: / chop onions & peppers for black bean salsa :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :/ ack!

Recap Sat. 7/21
    1) Eat breakfast by 6:30 & leave 7:15 for race (thank goodness it's not a far drive for me) :smiley:
    2) 9th annual Packers 5K ~ I've done every one so far ~ goal is < 45:00 = Bumped into friends there & had good catch-up / finished in 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile :star: 36/92 F60-64 + 1051/1655 females + 2029/2903 overall :sweat_smile:
    3) Shower & change = :smiley:
    4) Toss together black bean salsa = :smiley:
    5) Pack chairs, hats, food, SIL Xmas gift, check for dad, camera in hubby's car (3 hrs round trip) = :smiley:
    6) Enjoy middle brother's annual summer party! Not logging food or adult beverages this day + no regrets :p:smiley:

Had no Sunday JFT goals, but should have ~ snacked too much! At least I walked dog 3.94 miles.

JFT M 7/23
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.15 mi 55:13 = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green
    4) To-do list in evening
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog T before work)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Recap
    1. Call landlord :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Dog walk :)
    4. Dog bath :)
    5. Be kind :)
    6. Meds am and pm :)

JFT Monday
    1. Mail notice to landlord
    2. Log all food
    3. Lots of water
    4. 10 Wall push ups/bathroom trip
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Popsicle instead of ice cream
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - Happy belated, and great family photo!

@HGSmith0920 - Glad you are feeling better today!

@jeschepp - Congrats on your loss! Awesome job! I went on a little vacation a few weeks back. I decided to eat at maintenance for the trip (3 days) I usually did that by eating a reasonable breakfast, healthy lunch, and whatever I wanted for dinner (appetizer + entree, OR entree + dessert). Hope you have a blast!

@Snowflake1968 - All the ladies look lovely and Michaela is too cute!!!

@PackerFanInGB - Hoping you get some answers soon, thinking of you!

@Bex953172 - Woohoo! Your plan looks great!