JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    Just for today, I will remind myself that it's okay to be a little hungry. (I just cut calories a bit and know I'll feel like I'm starving, even though I'm eating more than enough.)

Ugh this is the hardest thing!!! Good luck!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday May 17
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Write in Journal - :| I realized this morning, I forgot again last night and I already had it in my head what I was going to write. Hubby stayed up late and messed with my routine.
    Exercise tonight? - :) Was going to go swimming and texted my youngest to see if she wanted to go with me. She wanted to stick closer to home and asked if I wanted to go for a walk with her. She is trying to do "5K a day May", her feet were sore last night so she said we would only do 3 knowing I still don't have proper shoes. We ended up doing 5 anyway. She has only missed one day in her walks this month. She is posting her walks on Instagram with the day number and how she is making out. Bonus, I got the Save the Date for her wedding when I went in.

JFT - Friday May 18
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal
    Exercise tonight?

It's a long weekend! I am so excited for this. I have plans pretty much every day. I have a paint night scheduled next Friday night so I have to do two or three paintings for the hostess to choose from tomorrow plus my cleaning and I need to do laundry. I'm also meeting my eldest to get my walking shoes and go shopping. Sunday is watching the grands, that makes for a very active day. Monday we are going to an antique sale looking for items for the wedding. Hubby is going to be home after all on Saturday and Sunday, but work on Monday. It should be an active weekend with lots of opportunities to burn calories.

I think I need to find some strength training exercises. I am going to research that today while I'm doing nothing else at work.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Be grateful for what you have. Find your center. Don't stress about things you have no control over. :)
    2. Engineering Checklists :)
    3. EMPTY FILE CABINET >:) So, I'm just going to leave it where it is.
    4. 10 Wall push ups every bathroom break - Half and half - ended up with the dog at the office yesterday so more than I had time for in the bathroom most trips
    5. Meds AM and PM :) / >:) Seriously? Again forgot the PM. Grrr...
    6. Log all food :)
    7. Make smart choices for dinner :) Salmon with soba noodle salad instead of pulled pork mac and cheese
    8. Make eyebrow appointment for Tuesday >:)
    9. Pack dog bag for day at work; chews, blanket, bowl. Change in plans - had her yesterday
    10. Notes for tomorrow: phone bill, dog food, excise tax, dog bath :)

Really need to improve that evening medication...hmmm. Okay, just set two alarms, one for AM, one for PM.

JFT Friday
    1. Be kind
    2. Log all food
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Cook chicken thighs and asparagus for dinner
    5. Sort laundry for laundromat date this weekend
    6. 10 wall push up every bathroom trip
    7. Call to make eyebrow appointment for Tuesday
    8. Smart choices for lunch - Vietnamese fresh bowl?
    9. Stop at grocery store for things ON THE LIST - a few extras okay, but smarter choices!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Thanks to whoever *hugged* my post from last night ~ I really needed that!

JFT F 5/18
    1) Walked dog before work / another gorgeous morning & we saw our mallard duck pair / 3.08 mi 53:31 / happy dog B) & happy me B) ~ someone working out in the park even commented how happy dog seemed!
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Usual breakfast, snacks & lunch / meeting BFF for drinks and dinner after work / will log all food & drink best I can / net calories w/i 100 green?
    4) FLOSS / retainers / bed & TV 11:00
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Yay - made it to the end of the week! A good day here. Nice and sunny and I ticked off most of the list. Still struggling on the water thing so that will be a focus over the weekend while I’m not so busy.

Friday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - 3ltr water :/
    - 12k steps ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal (avoid work royal wedding lunch even though I have made a cake!) ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Make decision on weekend plans (long story) ✅
    - Early to bed ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - 10k steps
    - Water water water
    - 15 min challenge
    - Bra shopping
    - Send piano recordings for choir practice
    - Gardening?
    - Send flowers to S and M

Happy weekend everyone! X
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Yay - made it to the end of the week! A good day here. Nice and sunny and I ticked off most of the list. Still struggling on the water thing so that will be a focus over the weekend while I’m not so busy.

Friday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - 3ltr water :/
    - 12k steps ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal (avoid work royal wedding lunch even though I have made a cake!) ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Make decision on weekend plans (long story) ✅
    - Early to bed ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - 10k steps
    - Water water water
    - 15 min challenge
    - Bra shopping
    - Send piano recordings for choir practice
    - Gardening?
    - Send flowers to S and M

Happy weekend everyone! X

Looks like we'll be doing the same thing tomorrow LOL Have fun!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Haha you too! Mine will be a sad affair. The ‘girls’ have disappeared through my weight loss and now I have to wear bras that are more padded than a winter quilt!
    Am off to a wedding next weekend and have a lovely dress but need to find a strapless yet super padded bra - don’t even know if such things exist...

God speed Snowflake! X
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    So a few days back I think I made mention of a procedure I was having done. Well, it's done. The anesthetic always does me in but I think I'm back to my usual self finally. The good news is my blood pressure is all the way UP to 100/60 this year so I'm quite happy with that. :D

JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Quilt top (almost ready to be sandwiched :D )
    4. Laundry
    5. Groceries
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    So a few days back I think I made mention of a procedure I was having done. Well, it's done. The anesthetic always does me in but I think I'm back to my usual self finally. The good news is my blood pressure is all the way UP to 100/60 this year so I'm quite happy with that. :D

JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Quilt top (almost ready to be sandwiched :D )
    4. Laundry
    5. Groceries
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

Glad to hear you are back to your usual self :)
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: Had two small yoghurts extra
    - Drink 2 bottles of water :smile:
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (after work) :smiley:
    - French podcast + article + book :neutral: Was too sleepy to do the book (normally do this at bedtime)
    - Read emails at set points only :neutral:
    - LEAVE work by 5.40 :neutral: About 6

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Make and stick to food plan
    - Drink 2 bottles of water
    - Go for run
    - May challenge: 15+ mins walking (pre dinner)
    - French podcast + article + book

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options

fitness blender, no matter what! :smile:
    64 oz water :smile:
    under calorie goal :)
    within 10% of protein goal :) 118% of goal!
    clean out fridge (picking up my groceries tonight) :)

Thank you all for the accountability of this thread. I needed it yesterday when I was driving home from the grocery store hungry and was passing all the places I could have picked up dinner instead of going home and fixing what I had planned. (And I had deliberately planned something that required almost no prep but I STILL felt tempted.)

For today:

under calorie goal
    within 10% of protein goal
    hit calcium goal
    64 oz of water
    yoga routine
    prep soup for the freezer
    tweak planned meals for the next few days to hit protein and calcium
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will appreciate the time I have with friends. (And acknowledge that we don't have to eat at every social function.)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes. Take lit book and water flavors to school. BE SURE TO WEAR NICE CLOTHES AND PACK CHANGE.
    2. Enter back work. Enter listening grades. Take notes on presentations. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Akata Warrior. Critique stories. Finish putting posters up.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Divide up reflections with units and courses. Review standards and assign to units. Create assessments that align to standards. Check with J about world lit.
    5. Park for training by 5:15 PM. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 1? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!! Writing group?
    6. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.[/quote]

Alarm set for FIVE? On a SATURDAY? What was I thinking? XD

JFT Saturday
    1. Meds. Teeth. Breakfast smoothie. Pack lunch in cooler for park. Head to training by 7:35.
    2. Steps to 10k at park; aim for 15. Read Blood and Bone.
    3. Groceries after park. Chop more celery. Prep cheese. Dinner - Plated 1? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    4. Read & mark 10 projects!
    5. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 7:00!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    5. Laundry :)
    6. Go to the gym :)
    7. Finish 3 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Get more items together for next weekend's garage sale
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Recap F 5/18
    1) Walked dog before work / another gorgeous morning & we saw our mallard duck pair / 3.08 mi 53:31 / happy dog B) & happy me B) ~ someone working out in the park even commented how happy dog seemed!
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 13,986 steps (if I'd known, I would've walked around to get 14,000 :wink: ), 250+steps 14/14 (boom!) & 48 floors :smiley:
    3) Usual breakfast, snacks & lunch / meeting BFF for drinks and dinner after work / will log all food & drink best I can / net calories w/i 100 green? = Hahahaha... had 2 margaritas (first time in very long time) w/ P, and really enjoyed our time together / ordered item that I love from the lighter menu / snacked WAY too much in evening ~ for some reason, really had the munchies ~ oh well, moving on from net calories -765 & sodium -2,587 :blush:
    4) FLOSS / retainers / bed & TV 11:00 :/

JFT Sat. 5/19 ~ no plans for what hubby and I will do today... don't get annoyed that he has no ideas :wink:
    1) Weight machine & circuit training ~ done! :smiley:
    2) Remind myself to drink > 12c water (harder on weekends)
    3) Whatever the meals end up being, log everything & net calories green (or w/i 100)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Friday May 18
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :/ Over by 99 calories, due to a poor choice for lunch.
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Write in Journal - :) had missed 2 days
    Exercise tonight? - :) 5k

JFT - Saturday May 19
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal

I have been shopping with hubby for outside tools he has been waiting patiently to get. Going shopping this afternoon with my eldest for new shoes for me and some new clothes.
    Bought some outside decorative solar lights, will be spending some time out in the yard today.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

fitness blender, no matter what! :smile:
    64 oz water :smile:
    under calorie goal :)
    within 10% of protein goal :) 118% of goal!
    clean out fridge (picking up my groceries tonight) :)

Thank you all for the accountability of this thread. I needed it yesterday when I was driving home from the grocery store hungry and was passing all the places I could have picked up dinner instead of going home and fixing what I had planned. (And I had deliberately planned something that required almost no prep but I STILL felt tempted.)

For today:

under calorie goal
    within 10% of protein goal
    hit calcium goal
    64 oz of water
    yoga routine
    prep soup for the freezer
    tweak planned meals for the next few days to hit protein and calcium
    I was dong this way too often, now I only do it about once every two weeks instead of 4 or 5 times a week. It's helped the waist and the wallet.