JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday July 18
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green by 150 - :) I had almost 300 left last night. I think the heat is affecting my appetite. I'm not very hungry
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Walk or Swim? - :) Walked 5.54 kms in 1:08 - it was so hot again last night and hardly a breeze. I talked to a friend while I walked.
    Get haircut - :)
    Work on Code of Conduct - :)
    Route a sales drive - :| Doing this now because I have to go out today on the road

JFT - Thursday July 19
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk or Swim? - I haven't been swimming except once since my lessons ended. I was planning on doing another round of lessons starting next week, but the time went too fast and I didn't register.
    Work on Code of Conduct - make some calls for regulations
    Get out and sell

It has been hot here the last few days, it's crazy weather we have had this summer, it is hot, hot, hot then cools off so much the furnace kicks in for a day then hot again.

Yesterday I just didn't know what to make for supper and it was Grandkid Wednesday. I had texted Lauryn to ask if she had any suggestions, she reminded me that she looks forward to Wednesday and Sunday so she doesn't have to make that decision LOL So I asked her to ask Jonah. Jonah suggested pizza, mini pizza or subs. We went with subs less oven time. I have learned that I feel better with less bread in my life, so I had a sandwich instead.

Michaela ate a bit, but I think the heat is getting to her she didn't seem too interested. As soon as everyone else was done, she pushed her plate away and said "ice cream, treat" We allowed it, just because it was so hot. She didn't even finish her ice cream and wanted her bath that she insists on having at my house. She played in the tub then we got out, we went outside for a little bit and came back in. She just wasn't happy.

Her and I alone decided to go for a little walk around our neighbourhood. I love walking with children, they see so much that we take for granted. She pointed out some flowers, asked "what's that" 10000 times, then she heard some birds. She asked what that was and I said just birds singing. She says "birds, sing, la la la".

After they left I changed and put my shoes on for my walk, I then sat on the couch for about 40 minutes before I got up the gumption to go. I really had to push myself to do it last night, but as usual I'm glad I persevered.

Weight was up a little bit today compared to yesterday, I'm sure it was the handful of chips I had with supper last night. I also think the heat has me retaining water, my rings are a bit tight.

Tomorrow is our big fair kick off - I am debating taking the morning off and taking the Grands to the parade. Lauryn has to work so she can't take them. I haven't seen the parade in years so it might be fun. If I don't check in in the morning you'll know I went LOL

Just wanted to say, I don't always comment, but I love your grandkid stories. And of course the right answer is to go to the parade! ;)

LOL thanks, can you tell that I'm a little obsessed! I'm definitely leaning towards the parade :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    allangirl wrote: »
    I will not eat a candy bar from the junk drawer at work. I will choose my snap peas or water.

I love snap peas! Now that they're in season, I've been buying 2# at the farmers market each week ~ one of my summertime go-to snacks.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Just for Thursday:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal. :smile:
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water before having a soda. :neutral: I got my 8 glasses in, but I sneaked in a ginger lime diet coke. It was out of curiosity, as I'd never had one. It was good but I was hoping for more ginger flavor.
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening. :smile:
    4. Yoga! I have slacked on the activity since starting work. :smile:
    5. Laundry. :smile:
    6. Recycle glass. :neutral: Did not leave early enough to get this done.
    7. Duolingo French practice :smile:
    8. Review sale ads, menu plan for the week, and prelog. :) I am excited for my meals this week! I'll be making Ethiopian lentils and split peas with injera bread (purchased injera bread because I am not a wizard), noodle cabbage slaw with spicy peanut soy dressing, red pepper gazpacho, thai green curry, and blueberry pancakes.
    9. Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am. :) I'm actually typing this from my bed, lol.

Just for Friday:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal.
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water before having a soda.
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening.
    4. Recycle glass!
    5. Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am.

Just look at allll those smiley faces!!!
    n4k84y896lpn.png
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    1) Walked dog before work & saw cranes again

Oh! What kind of cranes do you see? We are a winter spot for Sandhill cranes. We also have a few year round residents. That is one of the things I love about living out in the country.
    7bjql1eqnt30.jpg

In central Florida we also have some whooping cranes in the winter, but I have not seen them yet. It's on my to-do list to find them one winter. We also have these big wood storks that live here year round. When they are way up in the sky in flight they try to make me think they are whooping cranes.
    6tk5gmt2uy0a.jpg

Sandhill cranes are everywhere come summer. One of the perks of living on the outskirts of town, I get to walk the dog by woods and a farm field, where I keep a lookout for the area wildlife. Once, we had a mama turkey jump out of the ditch and run circles around us. A little scary b/c who needs a turkey-attack? I kept the dog on a tight leash and we were able to (eventually) move down the road with mama circling us the whole time until we got far enough away from babies, I guess.

I would love to see whooping cranes but there are none around here. That I'm aware of. Of course, pelicans have returned to the bay area the past decade, so who knows? We also have areas along the river and mouth of the bay where bald eagles nest ~ very cool to see those.

Loved your goat story btw. :D
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I saw this on fb today, I just needed to share. This is how I feel, I did a sit up why do I still need to lose 40 pounds LOL

nn8yd8yfd7yd.jpg
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    *sigh* Marley has started the 2 year old sleep regression. Which in my opinion is the worst. I can't remember what they've learnt at this point which developmental stage it is. It's either they've learnt things still go on when they're sleeping and they don't want to miss it. Or they can make their own minds up. Hence the boat load of attitudey "NOs" I'm getting.

Basically she goes to bed and sleeps then wakes up crying. If you don't go to her she then starts screeching. You just have to get her out the room ASAP before it wakes the 4year old. It's the only way to stop her crying is to get hour out the room.
    When saskia had it she would just cry and cry for what seems like no reason. I thought she was having nightmares at the time and I just had to sit there and hold her. And after about 30 mins she would stop as quick as she started.

Anyway. Marley responded to lullabies on YouTube (as long as they had animation) but just hoping she doesn't drag it out for as long as saskia did (3 months!!!)
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @Bex: Hey girl! Long time no see! Wow, I feel for you - three little ones to care for and one of them having sleep issues. :( I remember my (now 17-year-old) daughter going through something similar and how frustrating it was. Wish I had some advice, but I don't except "This too shall pass". Hang in there, Bex!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    rdevol wrote: »
    @Bex: Hey girl! Long time no see! Wow, I feel for you - three little ones to care for and one of them having sleep issues. :( I remember my (now 17-year-old) daughter going through something similar and how frustrating it was. Wish I had some advice, but I don't except "This too shall pass". Hang in there, Bex!

Ahh man, I recognise your username but from wherrrrre?
    Was it from that group?

I don't mind the regressions so much. I mean yeah it's a pain in the *kitten* but I think knowing why she's doing it helps lol! It's not her being a nightmare it's just the way they develop! Definitely dealing with it better than I did my first, well with my first I had no clue!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

It will be another big day. Big scary work deadline at 4pm that I'm totally not prepared for, then this evening I'm giving a speech to a fairly big audience. I expect it to be pretty controversial and am expecting to have lots of argument/potentially negativity in the debate following. So am a bit nervous. But it is on something I feel very strongly about, so it's worth it.

Going to be a tough day! Definitely not a day to promise no alcohol. After the speech tonight I'll need it - either for celebrating or sorrow drowning!

Looking forward to the weekend when I can rest... After that, I am going to STOP taking on so much!

GOOD LUCK with your speech! I have no doubt you will kick *kitten*!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Why are child tranquillisers not a thing?

3 hours later and the 2 year old is still at it.
    We've done everything and now are just leaving her to cry.
    There's just nothing more we can do for her. She's been back downstairs 3 times, in our bedroom once, had a snack. Had a drink, had cuddles, had a story, everything.
    We've both given up. She will eventually..

4 year old is now sleeping on the sofa because of her.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    from my friends at GEM training:

Most people don’t realize how much seemingly minuscule snacks, tastes, bites, and licks can add up! 😬

In fact, MOST individuals will underestimate their daily calorie intake anywhere from 30-50%! 🙀

One of the main culprits? Snacking throughout the day. We’re not saying snacking is the devil by any means, but most individuals would be better off focusing on satisfying, nutritious MEALS and eliminating snacking between those meals- especially if the goal is fat loss 👌🏼
    665nrok1gk9i.png

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    In love with the Fitbit! I haven't figured everything out yet, but it is amazing to have so much data about my health right at my fingertips! Today was in keeping with the week and just crazy full. Managed to get all the essentials done and home to exercise, but I did drop the ball on house chores today. I'm listening to Mel Robbins "Kick *kitten*" on Audible right now and honestly she is my spirit animal. She really cuts through issues with procrastination/avoidance and teaches how to just get to it! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend her Ted Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7E973zozc
    *warning* not for sensitive ears :)

For tomorrow:
    Learn about my fitbit ✅
    Be kind to yourself, you've had low sleep! ✅
    Do maximum pushups able-whoops
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅ back on again!
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Learn about my fitbit
    Survive last day of the workweek!
    Do maximum pushups able
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well today is the last day of work before school closed for the summer break and I fly out tomorrow morning so big Friday feeling going on this morning! Getting everything wrapped up and ready this week has felt relentless but I’m nearly there!

Recap Goals for Thursday
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge :/ nowhere near enough
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ toxic combo of cake and stress all over the workplace but I stayed strong!
    - July challenge ✅
    - Cards and gifts for colleagues and kids ✅
    - leave on time to buy cat stuff ✅
    - Go pick up the girls and drop off cat ✅
    - Pack! ✅
    - Early night ✅

Goals for Friday
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - July challenge
    - Eyebrows/tan after work
    - Pack hand luggage
    - Look up resistance band workouts
    - Early night for all of us!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday July 19
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green by 150 - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :) Yes watering flowers. I kept telling hubby I was wasting my time it was going to rain. It has now been raining for about 3 hours with some heavy thunder and lightning at times
    Walk or Swim? - I haven't been swimming except once since my lessons ended. I was planning on doing another round of lessons starting next week, but the time went too fast and I didn't register. - :| Didn't do my walk outside due to weather, but did 3 Mile Leslie Sansone and cleaned.
    Work on Code of Conduct - make some calls for regulations - :)
    Get out and sell - :/ I ended up dealing with flooding most of the day in the office from the AC. Finally convinced head office to allow me to call someone in. $409 dollars later..... It hasn't been serviced in what looks like since they moved n 5 or 6 years ago!

JFT - Friday July20
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Walk maybe, will depend on Michaela's mood

I have the morning off, I am taking the Grands to the parade. I will take them home after and go to work for a couple hours. After work I am picking Michaela up again for a sleepover. Lauryn and Ryan are taking Jonah to his first concert at the fair tomorrow night. They are going to see Billy Talent, unknown to me. This will be Michaela's first sleepover without Jonah here.

Saturday I will have to take her home again in the morning or I may keep her for a bit we'll see how it goes.

I'll check in tomorrow after the parade!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    from my friends at GEM training:

Most people don’t realize how much seemingly minuscule snacks, tastes, bites, and licks can add up! 😬

In fact, MOST individuals will underestimate their daily calorie intake anywhere from 30-50%! 🙀

One of the main culprits? Snacking throughout the day. We’re not saying snacking is the devil by any means, but most individuals would be better off focusing on satisfying, nutritious MEALS and eliminating snacking between those meals- especially if the goal is fat loss 👌🏼
    665nrok1gk9i.png

Those little snacks add up so fast!
  • kaimbf123
    kaimbf123 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    kaimbf123 wrote: »
    (completion report for yesterday)
    JULY 18 GOALS:

✔️Stick to shake/supplement plan
    ✔️Stay at my calorie goal (ideally 1500 calories, but up to 1600)
    calories: 1558
    ✔️Clean the house (general pickup, laundry, sanitize)
    ✔️Take a couple minutes to stretch and breathe deep

• kaimbf123
    Options
    Didn't post what my goals were for
    JULY 19:

✔️ Exercised
    60 mins walking on treadmill
    ✔️ Stuck to my shake/supplement plan (not perfectly, but damn near. definitely still a win in my eyes)
    ✔️ Stayed under my calorie goal (shooting for 1500 but happy with anything under 1600)
    calories: 1545
    ✔️ Took a couple minutes to stretch and breathe deep
  • kaimbf123
    Options
    JULY 20 GOALS:

🔲 Stick to shake/supplement plan
    🔲 Stay at my calorie goal (ideally 1500 calories, but up to 1600)
    🔲 Workout at gym
    🔲 Take a couple minutes to stretch and breathe deep
  • Bex953172
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    . I'm listening to Mel Robbins "Kick *kitten*" on Audible right now and honestly she is my spirit animal. She really cuts through issues with procrastination/avoidance and teaches how to just get to it! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend her Ted Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7E973zozc
    *warning* not for sensitive ears :)

I am like.. The queen of procrastination. Definitely going to watch this!
    Thanks!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Why are child tranquillisers not a thing?

3 hours later and the 2 year old is still at it.
    We've done everything and now are just leaving her to cry.
    There's just nothing more we can do for her. She's been back downstairs 3 times, in our bedroom once, had a snack. Had a drink, had cuddles, had a story, everything.
    We've both given up. She will eventually..

4 year old is now sleeping on the sofa because of her.

They are a thing.... Calpol...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/MichaelMcIntyreFans/videos/1748158455205565/&ved=0ahUKEwik3fOlia3cAhXL_aQKHb9EB6sQtwIIKDAB&usg=AOvVaw3K4DbaOlTx6QCMgvzY2bfm

I'm pretty sure Michael McIntyre is NOT recommending dosing kids up on Calpol routinely (and neither am I... although... Did you take it as a kid too? It's so tasty!)...

...But thought it might make you chuckle!

You might also like this one, in which he recommends death threats:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qrn8dla424

All parents have the same problems it seems!