JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    JFT, don't be pressured into anything--rest is okay, sometimes.

Great advice. Be the author of our lives. Healthy self interest allows us to be useful when needed. Now let me remember that!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    Just wondering...
    Is the premium version of MFP worth it ?
    Thanks in advance.
    M.

I've been wondering that myself, but I decided I just don't want to pay the money for it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Sunday May 27
    2L of water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 minutes - :) walked for an hour. Not quite 5K my new shoes caused blisters last week and they are still healing so I took it slower.
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Monday May 28
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal
    Ask boss for day off on Thursday

This group is so quiet on the weekends, I miss everyone.

The scale was loving me this morning 187.8 - In the 180's, I'm so happy with that!
    Had a good day yesterday, didn't do much of anything out of the ordinary just relaxed around the house and hung out with the family which in reality are my favourite kind of days.

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 The days that I spend time with my family are my favorite as well. The DH and I dont get days off together very often but the days we do I cherish. Most of the time we dont really do much of anything either. We just hang out on the couch. He'll play video games and I'll read or do some things on my laptop. But those relaxed, lazy kind of days are definitely the best.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 The days that I spend time with my family are my favorite as well. The DH and I dont get days off together very often but the days we do I cherish. Most of the time we dont really do much of anything either. We just hang out on the couch. He'll play video games and I'll read or do some things on my laptop. But those relaxed, lazy kind of days are definitely the best.

I’m very lucky, I get to spend every day with my OH! Don’t know what I’d do if I had to go work! I’d miss him loads!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Run to work
    - Be in the green (without eating back exercise calories)

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - French podcast and article
    - Finish work by 7pm latest
    - May challenge: 15 mins walking outside

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
    19th - 30 mins :smile:
    20th - 30 mins :smile:
    21st - 30 mins :smile:
    22nd - 15 mins :smile:
    23rd - 20 mins :smile:
    24th - 15 mins :smile:
    25th - 30 mins :smile:
    26th - 60 mins+ :smile:
    27th - 20 mins+ :smile:
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    \

JFT, 5/28/18

1. Up by 10 :)9:30
    2. Coffee time on the deck w/ DH(weather permitting) :)It was nice and cool. Really cloudy but still pretty pleasant
    3. Clean bathroom :/Nope...
    4. Put extra stuff in storage :/Nope...
    5. Clean out other dresser :/Nope...
    6. BBQ w/ M&D,M&M, and DH :)Had a great time!
    7. Bed by 10:30 :/More like 11:30.

With the exception of a brief spat that the DH and I got into, yesterday was a really good day. Although I didnt get any tasks on my list done, I did pretty much finalize the budget and meal plan/make shopping lists for Friday. I also created a rather long To-Do list that I will pick at over the next few weeks. The BBQ was great but I ate way too much. Although I didnt eat anything else after we got home so that was a win I think. I ended up getting to bed later then I wanted because the DH and I were talking. We talk a lot but I think we need to incorporate more serious, productive conversations into our day. Communication is one of the main reasons that our marriage is so strong. We are very good at hashing out our issues and come up with solutions and things. I think we need to do that more often.

Today should be an easy day, I hope. I think it will be hit or miss. We could be busy because people want money after the long weekend or we could be dead because people are going back to work or are too hungover to come in. Honestly, I think I'm hoping for the later. I've always liked things on the slow side when I'm working. Maybe not 10 customers all day kind of slow but maybe something like 25. Lol.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!

JFT, 5/29/18

1. Make lunches for me and the DH
    2. Work 8:15-5:15
    3. Stick to food plan for the day!!!!
    4. Do 2 things on To-Do list
    5. Find out about oil change
    6. Walmart
    7. Dinner/Dishes
    8. Teeth/Face by 10pm
    9. Lights off by 11

TTYL!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    5/28:

1. Walk at least 10 minutes :neutral:
    2. Stay in the green on calories :neutral:
    3. More yoga :)
    4. Drink 64 oz pure water :)
    5. Hit calcium and protein goals :)
    6. Physical therapy :)

Well, yesterday I give myself a C. Didn't walk, went over on calories with a late evening snack. I think, in retrospect, I should have switched the lunch and dinner I had yesterday and had my more filling meal later.

Onward!

JFT 5/29:

1. Adhere to food plan!
    -Breakfast: overnight oats with apple, almonds, and cinnamon
    -Lunch: angel hair pasta with olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, olives, and artichoke hearts, romaine salad with lemon vinaigrette
    -Dinner: thai green vegetable curry over rice
    -Snack: watermelon
    2. Physical therapy appointment
    3. Drink 64 oz pure water
    4. Yoga
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Have lunch with a friend :)

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Complete 4 orders from my shop
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,512 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi all my fellow JFTers! I'm back after holiday weekend hiatus from JFT. It was a lovely, relaxing weekend w/ hubby & first farmers market of summer ~ had fresh salmon & asparagus for supper ~ yum! Got mulching done, planted herbs in patio planters, and took long walks with dog. We had 3 record-breaking high temp days, one record-tying day, into the 90's two days + humid = ick. I do not like hot & humid. Ate ok but realized net calories have been red 9 out of 12 days... oops, need to get that under control. Drank plenty of water though.

On the bright side, yesterday I looked up my annual workplace Health Risk Assessment results, and I was elated! Changes from 6/2/17 to 5/15/18:
    • BMI: 30.7 to 25.6 :star:
    • waist at belly button: 33 to 30.5
    • LDL: 150 to 109
    • HDL: 68 to 84
    • cholesterol ratio: 3.5 to 2.5
    • glucose: 102 to 86
    My blood pressure remains in the good range (important b/c high bp runs in family). All excellent reminders that the scale is only one number related to health.

JFT T 5/29 ~ back to routine for 3 days ~ Friday off for GDO (Girls Day Out)
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.4 mi 1:01:39 / stretched after = happy dog B) + happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged for day / stick w/ plan / net calories green / NO evening snacking
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    4) Evening: mail belated bday card to D / wash towels / meal plan + grocery list / 1 - 2 to-do's
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / RETAINERS / bed & TV off 10:15 (W a.m. weight machine & circuit-training)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday/Weekend Recap
    1. Dont sweat the small stuff :)
    2. Lots of water >:) Weekend intake always suffers
    3. Meds AM and PM >:) Havent been taking because I was concerned about an interaction with Ibuprofen
    4. Log all food :)
    5. Ice breakout on chin :) Really makes a difference! Healing nicely
    6. Will myself to feel better - JK I wish :) Finally feeling like I'm over the hump!!!

JFT Monday
    1. Finish breakfast smoothie
    2. Lots of water
    3. Log all food
    4. Research an easy dinner with ground beef for tonight
    5. Be kind
    6. Hard boil eggs
    7. 10 squats every bathroom trip

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.] No goal dates set ~ as long as my trend is downward, I get there when I get there!

Age 60, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    May Goal = 151.0

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • Snowflake1968
    edited May 2018
    Options
    JFT - Monday May 28
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Write in Journal - :/
    Ask boss for day off on Thursday - :)

JFT - Tuesday May 29
    2L of Water
    STay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal

Such a frustrating morning already. I was a victim of fraud in my bank account I wasn't using regularly which I only found out in April. I had provided new banking information with my tax return both online and on the paper return I submitted. I received an email stating my tax return was deposited last Friday. It still hadn't shown up by this morning so I called them. They deposited it in the old account that had the fraud activity. So now I'm on hold with the bank hoping they can get this all fixed. I pray that I get at least some of my return back.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Don’t know where to begin for the last few days! Safe to say it’s been fun but not v healthy! Had a great time at the wedding. Had worked out in the morning and it was a v busy day but I def ate and drank way too much too! Sunday I had a good stomp around the Devon countryside while my friends slept off their hangovers but by the evening a takeaway was calling!

Yesterday and today have been pretty gluttonous too. Worked out yesterday and but not today. Think I’m just going to chalk it all up to a blowout bank holiday and start from scratch tomorrow.

Goals for Wednesday
    - morning workout
    - Sort Home insurance
    - Email Holly
    - Walk and coffee out with the kids
    - Batch cooking
    - Make plan for rest of week
    - Early night
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I have had a crap eating day too. I knew going into it I would because it was my bi-weekly meeting with my friend that wants KFC. I just feel awful after I eat it and even worse, I feel hungry so end up eating even more. I wish they had a salad. Hope you feel better soon and don't beat yourself up too much.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    The DH had a super $hitty day at work. We're pretty set on him transferring to a store nearer to us. He's fed up with his store. He won't even really talk to me about it because he's still angry after his day today. I brought beer home and he is now happily drunk...not the best solution but he was pretty hellbent on it.

Anyway, my day went well. Work was pretty insanely boring until I decided to organize one of the two-drawer filing cabinets in the branch. The first drawer was full of forms and random things that dated back as far as 21 years! Some of the files had forms that were also in 2 other folders in 2 other drawers. We moved a bunch, condensed even more of them, and shredded even more than that! But now the bottom drawer is empty except for a file that has policy guides from Homeland Security and Secret Service. Lol. The top drawer is about 1/3 full of folders with different forms all divided up and alphabetized. Lol. Kept me busy for about an hour and a half. I was sitting on the floor happy has a duck in a pond. Lol. That is the thing that I really enjoy doing. If I could make decent money being a file clerk I would probably do it. Tomorrow I am going to go even further and organize the folders inside the folders. Lol. I want to make things as easy to find as possible. That is what I am good at. But the workday ended and suddenly it was the middle of the week! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am about that!
    JFT, 5/29/18

1. Make lunches for me and the DH :)I'm attempting a week of mindful eating and I did this with my lunch today
    2. Work 8:15-5:15 :)
    3. Stick to food plan for the day!!!! :|Matt didnt want dinner so I made myself a salad and then have snacked all the rest of the night, I am going to brush my teeth after I finish this frozen fruit bar. LOL
    4. Do 2 things on To-Do list :|Spent the evening being a friend to my husband. He needed some companionship after his crappy day
    5. Find out about oil change :|I'm going to do this right after I brush my teeth.
    6. Walmart :/A coworker gave me a box of K-Cups that she isn't a fan of. Coffee was the whole reason I was going to go to Walmart so there was no need now
    7. Dinner/DishesI have a few forks left I think so the sink will be clear before bed
    8. Teeth/Face by 10pm :)This will be done in about 10 minutes
    9. Lights off by 11 :)Most probably
    TTYL!

JFT, 5/30/18

1. Up by 6:10
    2. Meditate/prayer
    3. Yoga(?)
    4. Lunches
    5. Pick up milk for work
    6. Work 815-515
    7. Dinner/Dishes
    8. Talk to DH about transfer steps
    9. Dinner/Dishes
    10. Call Dad
    11. Teeth/Face by 10
    12. Lights out by 11

I hope everyone has a great night!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have had a crap eating day too. I knew going into it I would because it was my bi-weekly meeting with my friend that wants KFC. I just feel awful after I eat it and even worse, I feel hungry so end up eating even more. I wish they had a salad. Hope you feel better soon and don't beat yourself up too much.

Thank you. I don't even know how many calories I consumed this afternoon, and don't have a way to log it. I might just quick add a few thousand. I KNOW better than to let myself get hungry. I'm even on meds that will literally make me lightheaded if I go too long without food. And when I do it, I make poor decisions.

So I channeled my frustration into setting myself up for success for today (5/30).

I planned my lunch and packed it. I made my grocery list for the new week and prelogged ALL of my tentative meals. I steamed some cauliflower in case I need a snack. I sipped plenty of water and got way over my fluid target. I made overnight oats and stashed them in the fridge so breakfast is taken care of. I emptied the dishwasher and thawed some soup from the freezer so I have a no-effort dinner ready to go when I get home from my day.

So just for today:

1) I will be kind to myself but I will exercise my discipline and stick to the plan I have made.
    2) I will keep my dentist appointment at 10 am.
    3) I will drink all my water (minimum 8 cups).
    4) I will tour the new fitness facility I am considering joining.
    5) I will complete a workout routine from fitness blender or youtube before I watch any streaming programming.
    6) I will do my physical therapy exercises in the morning and evening.
    7) I will NOT spend any money on food outside the house.

Non-health related to do:

8) I will buy cat food...very important as apparently I miscounted and only have one can left which will not take us through to Friday!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :)
    - Run to work :)
    - Be in the green (without eating back exercise calories) :)

- 30+ minute lunch break :)
    - French podcast and article :)
    - Finish work by 7pm latest :)
    - May challenge: 15 mins walking outside :)

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Go to gym at lunch
    - Be in the green (without eating back exercise calories)
    - 30+ minute lunch break
    - Don't do more than 10 hours of work today *
    - French podcast, article and book
    - May challenge: 15 mins walking outside (after finish working)

* I'm involved in a pilot at work where I can do my weekly hours over a smaller number of days, and then get a day off. This week I have to do 28 hours across Tue - Thu - but I will have Friday off afterwards!

May challenge:
    15th - 15 mins :)
    16th - 20 mins :)
    17th - 15 mins :smile:
    18th - 30 mins :smile:
    19th - 30 mins :smile:
    20th - 30 mins :smile:
    21st - 30 mins :smile:
    22nd - 15 mins :smile:
    23rd - 20 mins :smile:
    24th - 15 mins :smile:
    25th - 30 mins :smile: