JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 - ok, dip recipe:

2.5 oz cooked chicken (ideally grilled/broiled breast meat)
    4 oz fat free cream cheese
    4 oz frozen spinach

Put in a microwave safe container. Microwave. Stir. Add seasoning if you want. I like garlic, sage, thyme or sometimes lemon pepper. Or various hot sauces!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

Thanks all for the eyebrow waxing feedback.

@Moxie42 is that pool league like swimming or pool like 8 ball?

@Joan6630 - Yay! re: hubby testing results

I wish we could edit threads for more than an hour. I love crossing things off lists! ;D
    That would be marvelous! I wonder how it would feel to quote my prior JFT list and use the strike though as opposed to happy face ....hmmm.

Bex953172 wrote: »
    Haha I don’t want to go into labour!!

I’m really set on having a March baby lol! I like March.
    The goals are helping, although they’re not food related, it’s keeping me focused otherwise I feel a bit lost in the day and stuck of what to do next!

March babies ROCK! (Yes....my birthday is in March. LOL!)

We have a lot of March birthdays in my family. Three generations in a row at the start, March 1 my brother, March 2 was my dad, and March 3 is a nephew. Then several others. I think there are 9 overall. I have a preference for May. Of course my children were born in September and December so I could have a pregnancy during the most miserable months of the year - summer.

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

I have a question for you guys. I do not like veggies without some sort of dip. Does anyone out there have healthy alternatives to Dill Dip or Sour-cream based dips? I know guacamole is really fattening but it's kind of good for you isn't it? Or what about hummus? Fattening? Maybe I need to stick with my Walden Farms Creamy Bacon dressing, but I sure miss dip...

I am not much help. I love veggies raw and plain, as well as roasted or some other proper cooking method. I am not a fan of boiled to mush veggies. Love roasted veggie, or sauteed to just the edge of losing crispiness.

Hummus is tasty with carrots I know from experience. Have you tried plain yogurt? Or using plain yogurt as a sub for sour cream in a mix?

There are some delicious yogurt based salad dressing out there that are relatively low calorie. I have tried Bolthouse farms CILANTRO AVOCADO (2Tbls 40 Cal). Not bad. The company has a lot of choices. You will find it in a refrigerated section, not on the shelf.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,496 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Love my veggies and fruit! Raw, cooked, plain, not. Hubby not so much, but if there's cheese on cooked veggies.... I love hummus, just have to watch my portion.

@junodog1 That is so great about your son. And your Sat. steps ~ oh my! I would've totally written off the day. Congrats!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 - ok, dip recipe:

2.5 oz cooked chicken (ideally grilled/broiled breast meat)
    4 oz fat free cream cheese
    4 oz frozen spinach

Put in a microwave safe container. Microwave. Stir. Add seasoning if you want. I like garlic, sage, thyme or sometimes lemon pepper. Or various hot sauces!

YUM! This sounds good enough to eat with a spoon. LOL! Thank you for sharing! I will try this...

There are some delicious yogurt based salad dressing out there that are relatively low calorie. I have tried Bolthouse farms CILANTRO AVOCADO (2Tbls 40 Cal). Not bad. The company has a lot of choices. You will find it in a refrigerated section, not on the shelf.

Now that you mention it, I did try one of these a while ago and it was pretty darn good. Good option! I know i have used FF Greek yogurt mixed with Hidden Valley seasoning packet and that was pretty good too.

I guess I just need to get more inventive. It's hard because my husband has taken over the grocery shopping so if it isn't on the list, we don't have it. I used to think about what would be a good snack as I walked through the store so had a few options. I have to start not just meal planning but also start snack planning and put it on the list I guess!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @junodog1 I love your story about your steps! I didn't realize you live in the country and have horses. How wonderful

I'm still fighting with DH over getting another dog. He says no. I'm pouting. Might just have to show up with one this summer. :wink:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,086 Member
    Options
    @junodog1 I love your story about your steps! I didn't realize you live in the country and have horses. How wonderful

I'm still fighting with DH over getting another dog. He says no. I'm pouting. Might just have to show up with one this summer. :wink:

Do you want my dog? I will quite happily ship him over lol!,
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,086 Member
    Options
    @junodog1
    There's a few march birthdays in my family too, this baby is due the 1st, my mum is the 5th, I'm the 17th, my cousin and grandma are both 25th and of course March is mothers day!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Heh, I have to remind myself that the dip is an incentive to help me fill up on celery ;) One batch *should* last me through about 3-4 heads of celery.

@junodog1 @Bex953172 - the only March birthday in my family was ME for a long time, but now my husband's sister and my brother's daughter share my birth month. 27th for me!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @junodog1
    There's a few march birthdays in my family too, this baby is due the 1st, my mum is the 5th, I'm the 17th, my cousin and grandma are both 25th and of course March is mothers day!

Bex, mine is March 18. :)
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have to be missing something, 976 calories for the day? Might need to eat some nuts for dessert.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

Then we got a good surprise call about 2:30 from my son that his promotion ceremony in the Navy Reserves was going to happen that afternoon at 4 so I jumped up and motivated as the location was about an hour away.
    Final official count - 11,240. So I easily passed 15K yesterday. Total for the week 79,625.

It is Sunday and I am up and about. (I better be - it is already 2:30 in the p.m.)

JFT Sunday
    • Log all food eaten
    • 64 oz water
    • 10K steps
    • Meet with daughter for financial planning lesson
    • Create encumbrance adj for Nov Financial Statements
    • Start clearing the desk at old job. (6 official days left)

Congratulatons for your son! And .... Great job with your steps!! I have a step counter, but I can never remember to put it on. Its the old kind that just hooks on my pants -- I really need to get a fitbit! But great job!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was pretty much a bust.
    Ok, sorry, nope. :p You did great so don't be so hard on yourself.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Gah! I typed my day in and lost it!
    Did pretty well today.