JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    joan6630 wrote: »

3. look for and buy a new water bottle to see if that helps me in getting in my water! Thanks @MLHC1 for that suggestion! :/ I looked in the grocery store, and they were like $27.00!! Is this how much a water bottle costs! Going to look in Walmart next week .... surely they have some that are less expensive!

Wal-mart does have the best prices for water bottles. I paid around $15 For mine and it is a nice one that double locks and is condensation free. I buy my kiddos water bottles from Academy though. Since they are kids, they tend to lose them so we buy the Academy brand water bottle for $3. They work well and only leak if you tighten them to tight.

@joan6630 I bought my water bottle in the sporting goods dept at Walmart. It's metal, 24 oz & keeps water very cold for over 8 hours (I like cold temp water) & I think it's a thermos brand. Secure flip top too so it never leaks. Price wasn't too expensive but out of all the bottles I've replaced over the years, it's been the best.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Looking at your week by week progress really puts it into perspective to see how far you've come! It truly shows your commitment! Thank you so much for sharing. I hope I can do the same someday. :smile:

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday 1/7
    1) Bible class resumes & church = Done :smiley:
    2) Finish taking down tree & out to curb / maybe put away fake tree = lights off & put away, tree out to curb & vacuumed (@junodog1 we love our Shark vacuum!)...maybe hubby will deal with fake tree...on to decorations this week??? :smiley:
    3) Walk 3 miles on treadmill (I really want to be lazy today so on list) = Nope, lazy won. Ah well, rest days are important too. Fitbit 8,010 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 hours & 16 floors.
    4) Make chop suey for supper / net calories green / 12c water = Chop suey recipe is high sodium due to canned Chinese veggies, but 14c water should help. Net calories, sodium & sugar all red when I completed my diary after supper. Later I started to eat Christmas peanut M&Ms, and couldn't stop. :# ACK!!! Didn't log them either, just quit at that point. :s
    5) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = Done :smiley: / Done :smiley: / Nope...an hour later :s

JFT M 1/8
    1) Hit snooze button too many times (see #5 Sun.) but walked 3 miles on treadmill before work / 51:06 :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories green / lots & lots of water (flush that sodium)
    4) Evening: call mom & dad, do laundry, at least 2 things on to-do list
    5) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15

@saragirl2 Thank you for the kind words on my weekly w-i post. :blush: I debated whether to edit down (who
    wants to read all that?) but it helps me to review my trend and patterns, to see that life happens. It also reminds me that losing weight takes time, and allows me to cut myself some slack once in a while. That's why I have no target dates set...as long as the overall trend is what I'm trying to achieve, everything is good. :)
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay so this is TOTALLY off topic but I’m at a bit of a loose end!

My eldest has chicken pox. I have calamine lotion.
    She is point blank refusing to have any put on to the point where she is hysterical. She doesn’t even like me looking at her tummy or back to check them. She won’t actually let me without a major meltdown.
    It’s just took me 20 minutes to do about 15 spots on her face and that was with the promise of chocolate and she was defiant throughout. I had to take it one spot at a time but I can’t do that on her whole body.

So any tips? Ideas? Help? To get her to show me and let me put it on her? I’ve tried talking to her but she can’t tell me why she doesn’t like it.

how old is she?
    is it because it looks weird or feels funny after?
    cool bath with the oatmeal stuff...ohhh, can't remember the name. starts with an A. Avedo?
    Give her oral Benedryl to help with the itching as well. there is also benedryl cream, but if she is little, don't do both. Calamine smells a little strange as well.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,100 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay so this is TOTALLY off topic but I’m at a bit of a loose end!

My eldest has chicken pox. I have calamine lotion.
    She is point blank refusing to have any put on to the point where she is hysterical. She doesn’t even like me looking at her tummy or back to check them. She won’t actually let me without a major meltdown.
    It’s just took me 20 minutes to do about 15 spots on her face and that was with the promise of chocolate and she was defiant throughout. I had to take it one spot at a time but I can’t do that on her whole body.

So any tips? Ideas? Help? To get her to show me and let me put it on her? I’ve tried talking to her but she can’t tell me why she doesn’t like it.

how old is she?
    is it because it looks weird or feels funny after?
    cool bath with the oatmeal stuff...ohhh, can't remember the name. starts with an A. Avedo?
    Give her oral Benedryl to help with the itching as well. there is also benedryl cream, but if she is little, don't do both. Calamine smells a little strange as well.

She’s 4 next week.
    All I can gather is that she doesn’t like the spots and doesn’t want me to look at them let alone touch them.
    It took ages to get her to agree to change her clothes. It’s really getting to her and Im just not sure how I can help her.
    I get that she feels unwell but I’m not sure why she doesn’t want me to try help her?

Yeah it’s Aveeno, my partner forgot to buy it, so going to nip out again later and get it or maybe tomorrow because it’s nearly her bedtime (it’s 6pm here, having our tea soon)

She seems to say that it hurts more than it itches (although I have caught her scratching and trying to pick) and then she gets upset when I tell her not to. I’ve shown her my eyebrow from when I was 2, I have a chicken pox scar from picking.
    It must be just too much for her to understand.

Just trying to scope when Marley will catch it.
    I’ve got a feeling she might be a bit easier to deal with. Less defiant anyway.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    Well, yesterday was pretty much a bust.
    Ok, sorry, nope. :p You did great so don't be so hard on yourself.

HAHAHA! This made me giggle out loud at my desk. :blush: Thanks for that! It's a reallllly long Monday.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    SUNDAY JFT RECORD

100% achieved for third day in a row. Yeah. But back to work and it’s so cold on the morning commute in Scotland. This is where it gets trickier to stick to the goals!

MONDAY JFT GOALS
    1. Stick to calorie goal
    2. Do 10 mins yoga
    3. Do circuit type workout with personal trainer
    4. Walk for 1hr at lunchtime (I have downloaded podcasts to listen to whilst walking in preparation - so no excuses!)

It is my absolute DREAM to see Scotland someday! I'll bet it is absolutely beautiful even if it's cold! (It's very cold in Green Bay, Wisconsin too right now and I'm not enjoying it much!)

I listen to podcasts too. Actually listening to one right now called "Optimal Living Daily" and another one called "Optimal Health Daily".