JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Thank you so much for welcoming me into the group!

Had a terrible first day as I look at my check in but my day changed drastically with a friend being diagnosed with an agressive cancer and I took his daughter to her gymnastics class after work. Things like this does put everything in perspective so not beating myself up too much and will always be there for anyone in need. It also makes you appreciate the health you do have and motivates you not to abuse it,

It would be very easy to not make myself accountable for today but that would start bad habits so hear we go!

Tuesday check in
    1. Stay under my calorie goal

So sorry to hear about your friend.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

9. DH time :)We watched a good hearted movie that had a surprisingly dark/sad ending and I bawled like a baby. I am one of the sappiest people in the world. I cry over songs that are particularly poignant and those sappy holiday commericals and things. It's pretty terrible.

I cry at songs, movies, commercials too, I think it just means we're empathetic. What movie did you watch?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @sarah74_vt - what do you do in your shop?
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Four sleeps until holiday!

This makes me smile! Hoping you have a terrific holiday. :smiley:

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,212 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Help! Having a terrible day. Felt tired and sore on my hip again so couldn’t work out this morning. Absolutely exhausted still - I’m sure it’s partly emotional. Cancelled hot yoga to come home early and actually fell asleep on the sofa, which I never do! And now trying to get my kids to bed and they are arguing with each other and being really silly with the poor kitten.

Been thinking of you today .... and hope you had a good day! Sometimes rest is the best thing we can do for ourselves.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Hey everyone! I am new to the group and this is my first post! Hoping to make some new friends along the way and get back on track with my diet and fitness goals. I figured posting on here would help keep me motivated because I have been struggling with staying on track for the past couple months.

GFT: go to the gym after my 12 hour night shift and start tracking my food (good or bad, just get in the habit of tracking and worry about eating clean tomorrow).

Yesterday: NA, just joined the group :smile:

Welcome to the group! I just joined myself the beginning of the month, I have found the ladies are so supportive and welcoming with no judgement! It means a lot and has helped me immensely.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,212 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

GFT: go to the gym after my 12 hour night shift and start tracking my food (good or bad, just get in the habit of tracking and worry about eating clean tomorrow).

Yesterday: NA, just joined the group :smile:

Welcome! And your goal for tomorrow is a great one --- going to the gym after a 12 hr shift!!!! Even if you only stay at the gym 15 minutes --- this is a great start!

You have great goals - I know you will do great and get back on track!

You will find so much support on this thread ... and by keep coming back each day is the key. It helps to keep focused, for just one day at a time. Plus ... you meet the nicest people! :) We will all help you to get and stay on track!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Laundry :(
    4. Bake Kuchen :) enjoyed by the group
    5. Scrappy Bags :)
    6. Quilting class :)
    7. Make soup :| opted for steak, soup tomorrow
    8. Brush and floss :)
    9. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Laundry
    4. Studio time
    5. Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder
    6. Jewelry store
    7. Fabric store
    8. Walk
    9. Brush and floss
    10. Bed by 10:30
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - thank you so much for your kind thoughts. X
    @bcTRAI - whoop to the weight loss!
    @caliburrito13x (and anyone else new I’ve missed) welcome! I’m pretty new too and love it here.

Have had a much more positive start to the day. Workout done, sun shining.

Have a good one everyone x