• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: Had one extra yoghurt
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :/ Decided to switch non-alcohol day to Friday as yesterday was basically my Friday (day off today!)
    - 45 mins lunch break :/ Had not done enough hours(!) earlier in the week so had to do more, took 30 mins
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book :smile:
    - Stop work at 6pm :/ Had not done enough hours (!) earlier in the week so had to work till 6.30
    - Focus and be productive (not like yesterday...) :smile:

June challenge:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:
    June 15: Greed rather than emotions.. :neutral:
    June 16: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 17: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 18: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 19: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 20: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 21: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 22: Greed rather than emotions... :neutral:
    June 23: "F&ck it mood" - pub food/drink :/
    June 24: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 25: Grumpy, overworked - two gins :/
    June 26: Black mood but reined myself in, had moderate indulgence and then stopped :smile:
    June 27: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 28: No emotional eating :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Do exercise DVD
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book
    - Catch up on French revision

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Grrr my toddler has become massively annoying.
    She keeps flicking switches in the house, you know, the lamps, chargers, broadband... the freezer 😡

Can’t get her to stop
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    She keeps flicking switches in the house, you know, the lamps, chargers, broadband... the freezer 😡

Can’t get her to stop

Yikes! Small humans are like that, though. I remember when my brother and sister-in-law gated everything to keep my niece in one room at a time so they could contain the destruction. Good luck today!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Can’t get her to stop

Yikes! Small humans are like that, though. I remember when my brother and sister-in-law gated everything to keep my niece in one room at a time so they could contain the destruction. Good luck today!

Yeah we have a gate between the lounge and kitchen so she’s confined to one room. However it’s also the room the broadband and freezer is in x
  • SammieB2016
    SammieB2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I'm going to track my food, gey outside and go for a run with my dog.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Drink 3 waters before noon - start NOW :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Meds AM and PM :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Stay in the green :)
    6. Be kind to yourself :)
    7. Call J :) - Thanks JFT I would have put this off had I not made this commitment - JFT is making me brave!
    8. Pack dog bag :)
    9. Pick up walmart order :)
    10. Buy some 1L water bottles and freeze them at work for picnic basket :)
    11. Pack picnic basket with non perishables (napkins, plates, silverware, etc) :)

So today I didnt have lunch to pack - I skipped my breakfast smoothie - I brought in donuts for work (have managed not to eat them) But I'm like WHAT ARE YOU DOING SELF?! TRYING TO SELF SABOTAGE?!? So I'm going to have my protein powder for a snack. I'll eat lunch from Subway - made a reasonable choice. I'm going to eat at maintenance today because it's my "20" day. I need to learn how to let go and enjoy this a little more. If I'm going to have a day that I eat to enjoy, then I need to really plant myself in that moment and enjoy it. Not overanalyze the sodium, or worry about the scale tomorrow, or count the carbs before I eat something - just eat it and be thankful and log it and move on. Losing weight really is such a mind game. But I am really excited for our date tonight and I've got a game plan for a cheese plate, a protein, and cookies for our picnic. Probably on the low end of hydration today so I'm not in the bathroom for the whole concert.

JFT Friday
    1. BE KIND TO YOURSELF - squash self doubt with self love
    2. Meds AM and PM
    3. Eat at maintenance
    4. Go with the flow - be in the moment - give my best self to DH
    5. Pack frozen waters
    6. Log all food
    7. Enjoy every bite!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    JFT (Friday, 6/29/18)

1) Log all my food
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    5) Complete 2 orders from my shop
    6) Laundry
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Drink 3 waters before noon - start NOW :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Meds AM and PM :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Stay in the green :)
    6. Be kind to yourself :)
    7. Call J :) - Thanks JFT I would have put this off had I not made this commitment - JFT is making me brave!
    8. Pack dog bag :)
    9. Pick up walmart order :)
    10. Buy some 1L water bottles and freeze them at work for picnic basket :)
    11. Pack picnic basket with non perishables (napkins, plates, silverware, etc) :)

So today I didnt have lunch to pack - I skipped my breakfast smoothie - I brought in donuts for work (have managed not to eat them) But I'm like WHAT ARE YOU DOING SELF?! TRYING TO SELF SABOTAGE?!? So I'm going to have my protein powder for a snack. I'll eat lunch from Subway - made a reasonable choice. I'm going to eat at maintenance today because it's my "20" day. I need to learn how to let go and enjoy this a little more. If I'm going to have a day that I eat to enjoy, then I need to really plant myself in that moment and enjoy it. Not overanalyze the sodium, or worry about the scale tomorrow, or count the carbs before I eat something - just eat it and be thankful and log it and move on. Losing weight really is such a mind game. But I am really excited for our date tonight and I've got a game plan for a cheese plate, a protein, and cookies for our picnic. Probably on the low end of hydration today so I'm not in the bathroom for the whole concert.

JFT Friday
    1. BE KIND TO YOURSELF - squash self doubt with self love
    2. Meds AM and PM
    3. Eat at maintenance
    4. Go with the flow - be in the moment - give my best self to DH
    5. Pack frozen waters
    6. Log all food
    7. Enjoy every bite!

Enjoy your concert and date night! You are so right... It is difficult to banish guilt from our eating...making it so that we can't enjoy our moments when we include food in our celebrations or sharing good times with folks. We allow food and food choices to have such control over our emotions (which is why I liked the cheat article I posted yesterday). It's like we give food human qualities. But, we are overcomers and the first step to overcoming is to acknowledge the problem. So, yea for us! Truly it is a process, a step by step occurrence that gets better the more we practice control of food--the why, what, when, and how much.

Peace and joy.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,766 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    My apologies for my absence. I've been away from here for quite a bit going through some depression. Missing being here though. I just didn't know what to say to anyone in their posts.

So the gist of this is one of my daughters is pregnant with her 3rd (this time unplanned), the other daughter has been trying to get pregnant without success, then did but had a miscarriage. Work is not pleasant, I have a friend whose husband is really terminally unwell, my brother is getting closer to the end, my own body is not cooperating, and so it goes.

Here's hoping I can start getting back online more.
    Hugs to all of you.

I'm so sorry you are struggling. I'm happy to see you stop in to say hi though :) Hugs to you and your daughter.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa thank you :) your words, and articles you post, resonate with me and always get me thinking

@Bex953172 HAHAHA I wont punch that one! @Faebert you are definitely great at making cakes! Its so nice!

@bcTRAI sending good vibrations
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday June 28
    2L of Water - :(
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Friday June 29
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal

@tter that it makes me a bit uncomfortable and embarrassed being with him. I believe honesty is the best policy and that I don't need to brag and boast about all of my experiences to try to make a sale. Its an emotionally draining day for me. He is talking about being done with the company in August so we shall see.

I had a high calorie lunch yesterday because my cohort decided on a burger place that didn't even have a salad on the menu. I was able to turn it around because I hadn't eaten breakfast and I was still full at supper so just had a plate of cucumbers and grape tomatoes. Once I went for my walk I was a bit hungry so had my usual evening snack. Only 70 calories left for the day, but it was in the green!

We had some good news this morning, my husband should have had a tax refund and it hadn't shown up they finally updated the online system and it showed he needed to contact them as an old business account was showing non-compliant so they were holding his refund. He was finally able to contact them this morning and it was because the address wasn't updated. He updated the address and closed the account, they told him that they have 30 days to release the hold. We are going to use that money to build our fence! I'm excited. I will be able to let the kids play outside without me being on top of them. Michaela likes to sneak out to the front yard where traffic is so this will prevent that. It will make my life easier on Sunday's I'll be able to tidy some while they are outside.

No Fast Food! - someone posted this as a goal yesterday and I need to adopt this as a new goal for at least 5-6 days a week. I am awful for grabbing fast food because it is so quick and convenient. It's too expensive and too high calorie.

Today I need to finish working on my 6 month goals. I have it mostly typed out in a word document, just need to finish it up and then I'll be posting it. I think I'll post it here and on my bulletin board at work.

I'll be back in a bit, I have to go buy a card for an employee that is leaving today and grab something for lunch.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    They need to get rid of the stupid DONE button!!!😡😠

• Snowflake1968
    Options

So very frustrating isn't it?
  • Bex953172
    Options

😂
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    6 Month Goals

I have a lot that I want to accomplish yet this year so I have broken mine down into categories

Health:
    I want to be at 160 by the beginning of December
    - I will get there by being more vigilant in my eating
    - I will incorporate some weights into my workouts at least twice a week. Need to research this and start by July 1st
    - I will ensure that I have at least 150 calories in the green when I close my diary each night except for Sunday’s and the following dates: Prince George in August, my birthday in September, Thanksgiving in October and one random day in November. If I have to do a short exercise video to accomplish this I will.
    - I need to avoid Coke and soft drinks again! I was doing well and then Dollar Drink Days arrived 
    - I need to stop with the Fast Food. I need to limit this to no more than twice per week!
    - I will continue to log all of my food drink my water and get outside. I will sign up for more swim lessons.

Personal and Spiritual Growth:
    I want to continue to live a happy peaceful life and grow closer to God, I also want to continue working on a better, happier marriage.
    - To do this I will always remember that God has a plan for me. I must have Faith that He knows best and quit trying to figure things out on my own.
    - I will continue to use my Gratitude Journal but will do it daily without fail
    - I will find two books on self improvement that I will read one by September and one by December
    - I will continue showing appreciation to my husband and being honest with him even when I know it may upset him.
    - I will take deep breaths when frustrated with my husband and remember to be respectful in my tone

Financial Growth:
    I am very tired of not being financially secure and living paycheque to paycheque, I want to get out of this cycle
    - I will continue to get out of my comfort zone and sell and hopefully earn some commissions.
    - I will also start actively looking for other opportunities that may present themselves so that I am not left without a job if the selling doesn’t work
    - I will create a plan for the Craft Market season so that I can attend as many as possible to earn money for Christmas.

Overall I will continue to enjoy the blessings that I have, I will love and appreciate every minute I get with my family and friends and I will be there for others when they need it. I will continue to put my health and wellness at the top of my priority list instead of at the bottom which I had done for too many years.

I will continue logging my daily goals on JFT and supporting my newfound friends.

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968, that is a great list of goals...and really well-planned and nothing unachievable. Also, that is great news on the tax refund and the calories from yesterday!

@HGSmith0920, I've never seen this "done" button, is it in the phone app?