JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »

I haven't posted a 6m goal, but my monthly goal is to lose 5 lbs each month. I've found if I go very slow with my weight loss, I'm able to stick to my plan much better.

My Etsy shop name is "occasionsbysarah" and absolutely take a look! :-) I've been at it since 2011 and was able to take it on full time (quit my previous full time job) in 2017. I love it!

Sarah -Beautiful!!! I also have a embroidery machine .... but just have never sold any of the things I do. I know the work involved! Your stuff is beautiful, and so happy for you that you can do this full time!!

Where do you get your designs? Have you tried Designs by JuJU? That is my favorite place to buy embroidery machine designs ... and they are not very expensive!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 sounds tough and I sympathise - I didn’t get my bum in gear to start losing the weight until my little one was 2 and things were easier so clearly I’m no expert here!

But while I agree with those saying not to worry about the state of the house too much, I also know for myself that when things feel messy and disordered in my house I am far more likely to deviate from my healthy living plans. It’s like tidy house, tidy mind for me. So if it’s similar for you, here’s one suggestion...

Could you make the whole teatime process start a bit earlier? Then give the girls some TV time while you clear up the kitchen before you all go up for shower time? Or maybe your partner could read them a story or feed Casey during that time? Completely see how disheartening it is coming down after battling them all into bed and then having to clean, so maybe switching things up so it’s done before their bedtime would help?

Also, not sure what they like to eat and how much freezer space you have, but as much pre-prepped food as possible could be helpful. I batch cook lasagne, bolognese sauce etc and freeze kid-size portions so I can just microwave a lot of the time and only one pot for veggies or pasta etc to clean afterwards.

And for getting the kids to help tidy up toys etc, I recommend either making it a sort of race for fun with a stopwatch, or you could try playing the song I play to my classes sometimes are tidy-up time, google Tidy Up Rhumba. Makes them laugh but they get on with it!!

Finally, if the dishwasher is being annoying maybe it’s just worth not using it at all until you can get it fixed. I get so fed up with the unloading and putting away with mine sometimes I feel like it’s just easier to wash up quickly as I go.

I think it’s really important, even if you don’t get to bed any earlier, that you have a small window of time to relax once they are in bed. You need that release time - and spending it clearing up doesn’t count!

Good luck - and remember how amazing you are for even being here with a five month old! X
  • Faebert
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! Great job with smilies, ticks and positive decisions galore @jeschepp @nickssweetheart @monstersweetsbyallison

@mytime6630 sounds like you’ve made a positive start to the July challenge. Enjoy your trip to see your son and family. X
  • Faebert
    Options
    1q92vetq6lxr.jpeg
    Canada Day here today and I spent it with the Grands at a parade and some activities in town. It was so nice, I only spent $7.00 all day! I’m going to the fireworks with my girls tonight. kdcbc0kaagoy.jpeg
    k9jd0lc4bjvd.jpeg

Happy Canada day! Enjoy yourself x
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 The quilt looks great. Have a wonderful time on your trip.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I Finally finished the quilt top today!!

t7ky7cc66735.jpg

I love that quilt
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options

I love love love seeing your grands! I bet you had a fantastic time with them...they are going to have some very special memories of you spending time with them.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I Finally finished the quilt top today!!

t7ky7cc66735.jpg

So gorgeous! Have a great trip!!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister I keep meaning to ask you what you're learning French for? I am studying it on Duolingo and will be adding some classes as I hope to eventually volunteer as a nurse with Doctors Without Borders and they prefer French-speaking candidates.