JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday July 2
    2L of Water - :( I didn't have my coffee until noon, so found it hard to get my water started and finished.
    Stay in Green - :( No, did well all day then some leftover chips were calling my name seductively from the kitchen. My daughter's should have taken them home.
    Outside 15 Minutes - :) Yes most of the afternoon
    Write in Journal - :( I was really tired so went to bed instead
    Pre-Plan food for Tuesday - :( Too tired

JFT - Tuesday July 3
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal
    Pre-Plan food for Wednesday
    Walk or swim tonight

My day alone yesterday ended up being spent with my youngest daughter for a few hours. I left the house around 830 yesterday, went to Walmart to pick up a few things and then was going to go do laundry. On the way to the laundromat I noticed that the nail salon was open. I ended up stopping in to get a pedicure. Left there to do laundry, had an hour long chat with my friend and during that my daughter texted to see if she could come out to work on a bench she wanted to sand and stain. I of course, said yes. We managed to get it all sanded but not stained. She had found this little bench at one of my neighbours that had a sign on it that said Free. She thought it would be cute for her wedding next summer. She decided last week that it would also be cute to use as a prop for her engagement photos which are next Sunday, so she needs to get it done this week. I can't wait to see her pictures, she bought a dress that is very reminiscent of 50's style, she has an antique radio, a picnic basket, her bench and he will wear his Grandfather's hat for some of the pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing them and I think they will have a lot of fun during the shoot. Next Sunday is their 9th anniversary of dating. By their 10th they will be married for 2 days!

I think I'll go out and try to sell some today, there isn't much happening here in the office.

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/3
    Prelog and log my food
    strength training
    Read Nancy Leigh DeMoss book
    Boundaries!
    Drink 6-8 cups of water...failing at this
    be outside for 15 minutes---that's all I'm doing. No walking as I am in a hot and humid area and frankly I don't do hot and humid well, especially since I left that behind in 2008.

Purpose to avoid the ding-dong's, zebras, homemade cookies, store bought cookies, bags of chips, ice cream, donut/cinnamon rolls and southern sweet tea that are in my son and dil's kitchen!!! I haven't done a good job of it since arriving Saturday.
    yax62sll6dfp.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT 7/3
    Prelog and log my food
    strength training
    Boundaries!
    be outside for 15 minutes---that's all I'm doing. No walking as I am in a hot and humid area and frankly I don't do hot and humid well, especially since I left that behind in 2008.

Purpose to avoid the ding-dong's, zebras, homemade cookies, store bought cookies, bags of chips, ice cream, donut/cinnamon rolls and southern sweet tea that are in my son and dil's kitchen!!! I haven't done a good job of it since arriving Saturday.
    yax62sll6dfp.png

That is a lot of yummy to have to avoid! I don't know if I could resist very easily. You can do it, make yourself do something everytime you eat something. Like 10 Squats or something.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Bex953172 Will miss your funny antics - take care of yourself in the meantime!

@PackerFanInGB We got this! And I'm definitely going to add vitamin D to my supplements - thanks! So sorry to hear about your pain! You perfectly described it - thats the exact same pain I'm having but it comes and goes so sproradically I've never had it checked out. Hope your physical therapy went well last night - I know how brutal some of those sessions can be, sending you healing vibes. It's feeling a bit better for me today, just a very slight dull pain that flares up to a sharp pain if I tweak it just the wrong way.

@Snowflake1968 I just switched offices - they wanted to move me to a long dark hallway of an office with no window. I kindly declined and said I would stay put. A day later an office with a window opened up - brighter than my last even and it REALLY makes a difference for me!

JFT Monday Recap
    1. Actually track water today - report back with final tally tomorrow :) A slow day with 62 oz. of water and 12 oz of seltzer at work + 24 oz of seltzer and 8 oz of water at home = 106 oz
    2. Easy on the hip :) Magnesium lotion before bed really helped
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Stay in the green :)
    5. Hard boil eggs >:) Nope - with the holiday tomorrow I figured we will have enough other leftovers in the house - DH can eat a hamburger patty for breakfast :D
    6. Straighten out kitchen if hip allows :) Cleaned it up enough to make a big mess again :D
    7. Meds AM and PM :)
    8. Pack more RX to bring in to work tomorrow :)
    9. 15 wall push ups/bathroom trip >:) Did one and it was a little bothersome so I'll wait til I'm 100%

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Easy on the hip
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Lots of water - track it again
    5. Pack dog bag; ace bandage in thunder shirt wrap, dog food, bed
    6. Pack food; pasta salad, steak tips, seltzers, chips, salsa, hot dogs
    7. Pack clothes, PJ's, sweatshirt, change of clothes, bathingsuit
    8. Do no harm but take no *kitten*
    9. Be REASONABLE with food choices - do not eat ALL OF THE THINGS
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    Goodness, now behind about 25-30 pages. Work deadline & busy weekend got in the way of posting JFT ~ need this for my accountability ~ eating NOT going to plan! At least my project got turned in under deadline today. And hubby & I were on the local news Sat. evening attending Kite Fest ~ fun! I didn't cringe when I saw myself (sideview) in the clip.

JFT 7/3 T ~ heat & humidity still horrible ~ forecast for highs in upper 80s (F) today = ick!!! :grumble:
    1) Walked dog before work 3.67 mi 1:01:45 ave. pace 16:49 + scared one bunny = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Net calories green, or at least w/i 100 / monitor usual
    4) To-Do List!!!
    5) Unplug 9:30 (don't screw up sleep over W holiday) / floss (getting back into "habit") / retainers (don't forget!) / bed & TV off 11:00
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/3
    Prelog and log my food
    strength training
    Boundaries!

yax62sll6dfp.png

That is a lot of yummy to have to avoid! I don't know if I could resist very easily. You can do it, make yourself do something everytime you eat something. Like 10 Squats or something.

That's a good idea. I was exercising at 930pm last night, lol...but maybe I could spread it out throughout the day. The thing is, my DIL is a small-med and son is just normal weight for his height. HOW DO THE DO THIS??? Oh my goodness. They can leave food like that in the pantry or freezer for months. If it's in my house, I may not gobble it all at once but I certainly finish it off in a very timely manner, lol
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My daughter drew a “mermaid” on her hand. I’m sorry but that’s no mermaid!
    emm8pzf4me8a.jpeg

And Casey :) took today for all of her Honorary aunts/nanas! 😂
    y36m894pyctn.jpeg

Hahahahaha to the "mermaid"

And omg!! Casey looks like a little doll! Adorable!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT 7/3
    Prelog and log my food
    strength training
    Boundaries!

yax62sll6dfp.png

That's a good idea. I was exercising at 930pm last night, lol...but maybe I could spread it out throughout the day. The thing is, my DIL is a small-med and son is just normal weight for his height. HOW DO THE DO THIS??? Oh my goodness. They can leave food like that in the pantry or freezer for months. If it's in my house, I may not gobble it all at once but I certainly finish it off in a very timely manner, lol

They are young and their metabolism hasn't slowed yet. I used to eat that way too. I literally during my 20's and early 30's ate McDonald's at least 3 or 4 times a week, the rest was spaghetti, KD, all the junk. It all changed when I hit about 35, it's been a struggle ever since. I miss all of my high calorie food and my metabolism!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My daughter drew a “mermaid” on her hand. I’m sorry but that’s no mermaid!
    emm8pzf4me8a.jpeg

And Casey :) took today for all of her Honorary aunts/nanas! 😂
    y36m894pyctn.jpeg

LOL love the "mermaid"! Casey is adorable, thanks for sharing the pic!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I can see the mermaid! And I see Princess Casey too!! The cuteness is out of this world!

@Snowflake1968 Did you have a good day with the sales today? I'm glad you got the pedicure you were wanting!

I did NOT have a good calorie day. I am over already and it's only 2:15 here. I think I am concluding that the level of calories mfp recommends is too low, at least as long as I'm on this medication. I seem to lose well on the higher amount, so I'm going to stop messing with success and go back to the higher bit. With that, I could easily go days without exceeding my limit, whereas now I'm over and still hungry. I've also been incorporating more walking and not logging/eating those calories back, and I'm hungry darn it!

It's all good though. I'll steam some broccoli for dinner and have it with lemon and some fruit and reset for tomorrow. Tomorrow I am going to up my calories a touch, and treat myself to some cherries as my local Sprouts is having a ridiculously good sale on them.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 I can see the mermaid! And I see Princess Casey too!! The cuteness is out of this world!

@Snowflake1968 Did you have a good day with the sales today? I'm glad you got the pedicure you were wanting!

I did NOT have a good calorie day. I am over already and it's only 2:15 here. I think I am concluding that the level of calories mfp recommends is too low, at least as long as I'm on this medication. I seem to lose well on the higher amount, so I'm going to stop messing with success and go back to the higher bit. With that, I could easily go days without exceeding my limit, whereas now I'm over and still hungry. I've also been incorporating more walking and not logging/eating those calories back, and I'm hungry darn it!

It's all good though. I'll steam some broccoli for dinner and have it with lemon and some fruit and reset for tomorrow. Tomorrow I am going to up my calories a touch, and treat myself to some cherries as my local Sprouts is having a ridiculously good sale on them.

HAHA, I haven't left the office yet. I have been reading MFP message boards and blogs. I am so over this selling thing already. It truly isn't me and I feel stuck. I'm praying right now, that the job I talked to a girl about on Saturday comes to fruition soon. Thanks, I'm quite happy with the pedicure, I haven't had one since last October and although I'm not one for always having to have one, I like treating myself a couple times a year with them.

I eat back most of my calories from exercise otherwise I'm starving all the time as well. I have been bouncing back and forth between 185-187 for 20 days now and I'm thinking I need an adjustment of some kind as well. I'm just not sure what that adjustment should be.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I remember days like that from when I had to go out selling. Once I decided I couldn't go because I spilled something on my blouse at lunchtime. I didn't look professional enough, so I stayed in! ;)

Crossing my fingers for you on the other job.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, hope everyone had a good tuesday. Find it such a blah day of the week - not the freshness of Monday but way too far from the weekend! Did ok today - still trucking on! Less than three weeks until I go away so bikini in mind

goals for Tuesday
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅
    - July challenge ✅ am logging main meals and some snacks but leaving a couple of hundred (exercise cals) spare for additional snacks or changes
    - Maybe hot yoga after work but it’s pretty scorching here so not really feeling it at the moment. :/ twinge in my right quad in this morning’s workout and hurt on and off all day so skipped it

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - July challenge
    - Sort yr 6 lunch
    - Phone vet
    - Photocopy reports
    - Leave on time for P concert

Night all x

• monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    July 2 JFT
    Stay in the green :s boy was I over! In the red by 460 calories! Oh and I really eat back my exercise calories so it feels like its really more. Honestly everything was going fine yesterday but I overindulged in ice cream. But its ok. It was one day. Today is a new day. And using our July challenge (mixed with some June challenge to strengthen my discipline) I have already planned for all meals and snacks.
    Go to dance class :)
    Go for a run :)
    Water✔/walk✔/mindful eating*/meal planning*

*So I did work on my mindful eating and meal planning, I just had a moment of weakness. Forgot to pull out my card! (@slittlemeister told me about this card in a previous post with really good advice for mindful eating)

July 3rd JFT
    Stay in the green
    Go to dance class
    Go for a run
    Water/walk/mindful eating/meal planning

So many good posts I want to reply to! When i have breaks throughout the day I will definitely try to :)
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Just for Today (July 4th)
    • July Challenge: plan July 5th Meals
    • Food: chop up all the onions so they're ready in the freezer for future meals. And make some power protein+fat balls for the freezer as well for when I need a healthy snack.
    • Exercise: follow Jessica Smith and Suzanne Bowen exercise challenges
    • Personal: 1 hour of study (mix of subjects)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Holy crow! 4 days and I'm 147 posts behind! I am probably not going to read them all. Just a few words on the last few days. Sunday went totally sideways. I put myself into a terrible situation that definitely should not have happened. I extricated myself and my big brother came to the rescue(he never does that.) I was an hour and a half from home in the city that he lives in. On my way home I found out the DH was in the ER. And he and D had a huge blowout about said bad situation. So it is safe to say that we have the house to ourselves again. Monday I spent the last hour of my shift seriously fighting back tears. I had a really rough day with everything that had happened the day/night before and there was no sympathy at work. It ended in a couple blow ups. Needless to say, I got home and burst into tears.

However, today was so so so so much better! It was probably the best day at work I've had since my manager went out on disability about a month ago. There were no apologies but there was openness and kindness. I have tomorrow off since it is Independence Day in the US which means almost everyone has off from work. I am going to spend the day at the beach with a friend from church and her family. There will be many children around which is good because that is something I definitely need more practice with.

One of the things that suffered in the last two weeks is my eating habits. The last two days I have been eating nothing but coffee all day and take out of dinner. It's been really bad. Lol

But this evening is the time I hit the reset button. Everything has calmed down. The DH and D are on the mend. Work has calmed down and the rest of the week should be a breeze there. And the DH and I have really turned a corner in our relationship I think.

It's been amazing to have the house to ourselves again. The DH and I have spent the last two evenings cuddling on the couch watching baseball. I have really really enjoyed it.

So, anyway! That's a brief explanation of why I have been missing for the last 3 days. Lol.

I am going to set goals for tomorrow right now I think.

JFT, 7/4/18

1. Sleep in
    2. DO THE EFFING DISHES
    3. Change the litter box
    4. Find out what beach we are going to
    5. Prep food/drinks
    6. Remember sunscreen/bug spray
    7. Refill DH's med
    8. Come back on JFT
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    Really quick in response to everyone posting pics of children... Those are the cutest kids I've ever seen!

@HGSmith0920 sending you lots of hugs! Glad things are calm now and am happy for you to reset. XO

@eahouston your goals are so admirable, I may have to copy them if you don't mind

@Bex953172 I'm sorry about your nose piercing but may I say that is so cool that you have one. I wish I could be brave and get one, I think they are so cute.

@Faebert you are doing so good on your goals, I love seeing all the checkmark

Ok g2g, will be back later <3