JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    @eahouston your goals are so admirable, I may have to copy them if you don't mind

Copy away hahaha. I'm new to the group, so I'm just trying to follow a basic plan for each day (July challenge, food, exercise, and something else.) I know I'll be repeating a lot of things to try to keep up consistent habits, but it leaves me with flexibility to try new things too :)

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    eahouston wrote: »
    @eahouston your goals are so admirable, I may have to copy them if you don't mind

Copy away hahaha. I'm new to the group, so I'm just trying to follow a basic plan for each day (July challenge, food, exercise, and something else.) I know I'll be repeating a lot of things to try to keep up consistent habits, but it leaves me with flexibility to try new things too :)

I started posting here at the end of March and mostly post the same things everyday. I like having certain things the same each day and adding a couple other things as required.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday July 3
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :( Had a rough day today
    Outside 15 Minutes - :(
    Write in Journal - :)
    Pre-Plan food for Wednesday - :(
    Walk or swim tonight - :| Went swimmming but only for 15 minutes

JFT - Wednesday July 4 - Happy Independence Day to my neighbours to the south!
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green!!!!! - MUST DO THIS
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal
    Walk

I am posting tonight because I have to be downtown tomorrow morning for 915. My youngest daughter is taking hairdressing and I am going to be her model for her exam in the morning. I am quite excited about it. She has 3 and 1/2 hours to cut, style and colour my hair. It has needed a trim for a few weeks now, but I knew this was coming so was letting it go.

I struggled today with restraint on my food intake, I had breakfast again this morning and I think that's what did me in. I went to the pool tonight to try to burn some calories since it was raining and didn't want to walk. I don't know why I wasted my money. I had a headache and I went early so the kids were still there. I need to get back on track, I'm not happy with myself right now.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I'll have a new do to show off, that should help with my attitude some.

I'll check in in the afternoon!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Can someone repost the July challenge? The app is giving me trouble
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    For those planning and prepping July 4 food I thought I'd share some pics of delicious and healthy ideas.

The first picture comes with a link for the recipe. This is one of my favorite eats in the summer. It's watermelon, blueberries, feta, and mint with a light honey citrus glaze. The recipe calls for lime but I've used lemon or a combo of the two before. I've also used a balsalmic glaze.

Recipe for Watermelon, blueberries, feta, mint salad
    i2r8gck2ydrf.png

dku3nc93mrck.png

3pcjujvrlzs9.png

nreilug06935.png

tvvsbqnfyum5.png

wemxxn328cxj.pngr9k0dc3bau73.png

cjjg4kp87988.png

mqxc4rc7lzau.png

u6cbcaard52a.png

Thank you thank you thank you for this!!! Will use it for my parents' 4th of July party!
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is July 1st - and time for a new challenge!! Are you guys in with me again!!!

For myself, I am working on trying to continue each month's challenge each day . ... because these are all things that will improve our lives everyday .... not just while trying to lose weight. I know all of these things are so important in obtaining, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

As a reminder, here were the challenges so far:
    April challenge -- drink at least 8 cups of water each day
    May challenge --- go outside for a very brief time for a short walk --- minimum of 15 minute
    s.
    This could just be a walk around the block ..... just being outside, enjoying the fresh air will change our mindset. These short walks help me mentally as well to sort out the day and clear my mind of any negative thinking, etc.
    June challenge: If you’re feeling the slightest bit emotional and want to eat—or it’s even time to eat—force yourself to either do something else or to eat something healthy and wholesome. And report it on here. Not only will it help us, but it also will give others ideas to stop that urge.

And here is the July Challenge: The nite before you go to bed, PLAN your next days meal.
    If you don't have time to plan the entire day ... just the main meal so you know what you are wanting to eat.

Even if it is just ONE meal. For me, I know this will help so much. I struggle with planning ahead, so what I am hoping to do, is to take the time before I go to bed to figure out what I am having for dinner entree. Breakfast and lunch are usually easy for me, since I tend to eat the same things. But dinner is always hard ... first because I work out of my home, and when I don't plan, that leads to stuff like ordering a pizza, or popping in a frozen pizza, or something else. Its get to be dinnertime, and I have no idea of what to cook.

I know many of you are already doing this, but I do know this is key to helping us maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I plan on trying to do all 4 challenges each day. This is how I plan to record them:

Challenges:
    July 1: Water; Walk; mindful eating; planning

(And I will put a smiley face after each one I can complete).

Is this too much? Would you guys like to join me? Even if you can just join me in the planning ahead part?

this is for you @HGSmith0920 XoXo :)
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

*So I did work on my mindful eating and meal planning, I just had a moment of weakness. Forgot to pull out my card! (@slittlemeister told me about this card in a previous post with really good advice for mindful eating)

I generally don't remember to read the card in the moment either. Or worse, I remember that I should read the card but choose not to because I don't want to (because in the moment I want the cake/crisps/whatever it is).

So I've given up on that and try to read the card once a day, outside those 'moments'. I think doing this repeatedly has made it go in, to the extent where what's on the card comes into my head in the challenging moments, even without the card!

That's what's worked for me - you might find a different approach works better for you!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :) Pretty much, one extra hot chocolate excepted. I need to take some light hot chocolate sachets into the office - they had them in the kitchen last week but seem to have switched back to the higher calorie ones, grrr
    - 3 bottles water :smile:
    - 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book :smile:
    - Talk to boyfriend in French :/ Got back too late (10.30), was tired
    - Send 2 emails :/ Forgot was spending lunch break with colleague - will transfer to today's list

July challenge: For me it works better to plan in the morning - I've got into the habit of doing it on my morning commute as it's reliable free time (whereas my evenings vary quite a lot). So let's say I have to do this by the end of breakfast every day.
    July 1st: Done :smile:
    July 2nd: Done :smile:
    July 3rd: Done :smile:
    July 4th: Done :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Run to work
    - 4 bottles water

- 45 minute lunch break
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Send 2 emails
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options

*So I did work on my mindful eating and meal planning, I just had a moment of weakness. Forgot to pull out my card! (@slittlemeister told me about this card in a previous post with really good advice for mindful eating)

I generally don't remember to read the card in the moment either. Or worse, I remember that I should read the card but choose not to because I don't want to (because in the moment I want the cake/crisps/whatever it is).

So I've given up on that and try to read the card once a day, outside those 'moments'. I think doing this repeatedly has made it go in, to the extent where what's on the card comes into my head in the challenging moments, even without the card!

That's what's worked for me - you might find a different approach works better for you!

That makes a lot of sense. I will adopt your approach reading it once a day! I think it will make a difference for me big time. Thank you for helping me <3
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th!!

JFY (Tuesday, 7/3/18)
    1) Log all my food :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke :)
    5) Go to the gym :)
    6) Complete 4 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Wednesday, 7/3/18)
    1) Log all my food
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    5) Go to the gym
    6) Laundry
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I can definitely see the mermaid! Casey is adorable and I am honored to be her auntie! Lol. I'm sorry about your nose stud! I think after we have babies and I get to stay home I will get myself one as well.

@Snowflake1968 I'm sorry that your job doesnt seem to be going well. I think I missed the post about the potential new one. What is the job?

@monstersweetsbyallison Thank you for reposting that!

Going to the beach to see fireworks with a new friend of mine. I'm actually really really excited. We dont get to spend that much time together even though we live less than a mile apart. She is a stay at home mom of a 3 and 1 yo and I work 9 hours a day. Lol. I'm hoping that the time we do get to spend together I can learn a lot about being a mommy. We share the same faith and I can really see her as turning into a good friend.

The DH is working tonight so we're pretty sure he won't get to see any fireworks. He still isn't feeling 100% so he may come home early tonight. If he does I probably will as well.

It's so weird having the house to myself again. Lol. For the last like 3 weeks, we've had two other people here. So the fact that it is quiet and relatively clean is amazing! Lol.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Just For Today:

1. I will call or text all the special people in my life and wish them a good day.
    2. I will adhere to my dinner plan of veggie burger on bun with caramelized onions and fruit salad.
    3. I will drink lots of water.
    4. I will leave the house, the heat notwithstanding.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa The pictures you posted yesterday of the healthy 4th of July treats look YUMMY! I love fresh fruit! Thanks for sharing. Great ideas.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 I can kind of make out the "mermaid"! LOL! And little Miss Casey? OMG, she is one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen! I want to kiss those cute little cheeks and just hug her right up!

@HGSmith0920 I am sending you great big hugs! I'm glad you have your house back and can snuggle with your DH on the couch again. I always picture you two so cozy and cute and I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through some crap. (((Hannah))) :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Only 5 posts since I last checked??? What's going on?

Oh wait, it's the fourth of July... :)

Funnily enough, we don't celebrate that over here :D

Hahaha! You made me snort laugh (yup...water up the nose and all...)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to those who live in USA!

I love this holiday. Always been one of my favorites! But this year, we have a 105 degree heat index outside with like 67% humidity and I just don't even go outside on days like this. LOL! Well, I would but I'm telling myself that since I have to stay home today and study for the two certification exams I have to take at work tomorrow morning...same ones I failed last week because I DIDN'T study.

I'm bummed because normally on the 4th I love going to the lake with picnic lunches and enjoying the kids and then watching the fireworks downtown. But it is what it is, so I'll just sit and pout about it while I study....<bottom lip currently out and pouting>

It's hard to study when you really don't want to....ever notice that? :mrgreen: And it's amazing how much I want junk food today...like I can almost hear whispers in my ear saying sweet things like "Mmmm, ice cream is the perfect food for a hot day like this..." or 'Ice cream is actually good for you...after all, it's part of the DAIRY food group" and my personal favorite..."someone's gotta eat those potato chips, it might as well be you!"

I didn't get on and post goals yesterday. I was pretty busy at work, so it kind of fell by the wayside. I did pretty good anyway, actually. Except I didn't plan my foods for today since i have the day off. I never even thought about it. I automatically think about it for packing my lunchbox for work...i'm going to have to put some thought into my days off too. I really noticed today how much I'm having to fight mindless grazing...

Just for Wednesday - July 4
    1. Log every bite and stay in the GREEN.
    2. Study for Epic IP Proc Orders certification exam.
    3. Study for Epic IP Clinical Documentation certification exam.
    4. Work on July budget
    5. Pay beginning of month's bills
    6. Pack tomorrow's lunchbox, and pick out tomorrow's clothes .
    7. Finish quilt top by adding finishing the last row.
    8. Pin quilt so I can bring to work and pick out thread for the quilting on top.
    9. Address each one: Body, Mind & Spirit
    10. Gratitude journal (5 things I'm grateful for today), read Simple Abundance book, unplug by 9:00 p.m.

July 1: Water :star: / Walk/Move :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :star:
    July 2: Water :star: / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :( [/quote]
    July 3: Water :( / Walk :star: / Mindful Eating :star: / Planning :( [/quote]
    July 4: Water / Walk / Mindful Eating / Planning [/quote]