Options

Replies

• monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    1t1f922tkg2y.png

Thank you for sharing this! Its a good one <3
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Your June goals results are truly inspiring! Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing them with us.

@AJB1014 Enjoy reading about your positive attitude. Life happens, right? I need to remember how you went with the flow when i get off track.

@sarah74_vt Snowflake1968 & I are so interested in the beck solution. It comes highly recommended here on JFT. What do you think so far of day 1?

Okay I have to go but still wanted to reply to @allison8668 @slittlemeister & many more. Will be back later. Hope everyone has a good day today XoXo
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Your June goals results are truly inspiring! Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing them with us.

@AJB1014 Enjoy reading about your positive attitude. Life happens, right? I need to remember how you went with the flow when i get off track.

@sarah74_vt Snowflake1968 & I are so interested in the beck solution. It comes highly recommended here on JFT. What do you think so far of day 1?

Okay I have to go but still wanted to reply to @allison8668 @slittlemeister & many more. Will be back later. Hope everyone has a good day today XoXo

Hi! I had no idea about the Beck solution book until I started coming onto JFT. I just went through the steps/tasks for Day 1 and I like it so far. I'll probably know better how it is once I've gone through a few days, but I'm excited to give it a try. :smile:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Second attempt here on this feed. So to make sure I'm following this correctly, it's as simple as posting what our daily goals are.? Do we post at the end of the day to say weather or not we completed all of them or not? 😃😊

Haha I got really confused when I first started until I realised I was in a totally different time zone!!
    I normally post goals first thing in the morning and last thing at night :)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 you legend! Impressive catching up :D

I’m very proud of myself as just back from work end of year party and I managed to enjoy myself and stay within my goals. If I’m honest I’ve avoided a few social situations as I don’t like not having control over what and when I eat. But I made sure I didn’t go there too hungry, and then chose carefully. Massive June challenge win!

Didn’t quite make it with everything else, but not too far off considering it was an ambitious list...

Friday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅
    - July challenge ✅
    - Year 6 lunch - oh dear :s
    - Finish IM doc ✅
    - Update email - remind parents about bags ✅
    - School online shop ✅
    - String for hanging artwork
    - Give children invitations ✅
    - Make slide show for laptop - nope
    - Call J Mum?? - Monday
    - Pay K for dvd ✅
    - Chase re gift donations ✅
    - Hot yoga after work?? - didn’t get out in time
    - relax and enjoy party.. ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout and/or hot yoga
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - July challenge

That’s all folks! Happy weekend x
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I am heading to my grandparent's for the weekend. It's pretty rural so I may not be able to post here until I'm back on Sunday. I'll be posting goals for the weekend just in case. My main plan is to eat better than I usually do. I already let my grandma know she shouldn't make any treats or buy snacks. Often she'll make cookies and a pie, and have piles of chips and chocolate everything. I will also be bringing some of my own food so I know I'll have healthy snacks and sides as options. I do plan to eat her famous roast beef, possibly my favorite meal, and meal plan around this. This is real life and I'll have indulgences throughout. I learned a lot from my "cheat day" last week and all the fantastic feedback I got. Food is food, not good or bad, but there is a balance to it.

@AJB1014 I love all of your realizations and lessons learned! I am also very new to making lifestyle changes, I've done the crash diets and we know how that goes. I love reading the pieces of wisdom others share and it helps to post when I learn something new too. Thanks for sharing!

From today:
    House chores-½ points again
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise ✅-did very well today, I'm learning!
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Pack for weekend (what I can) ½ points since I'm about to?
    Post here for accountability ✅

For the weekend:
    Meal plan (tonight) and go grocery shopping on Sunday
    30 minutes exercise both days
    Keep indulgences low and those that I really love; limit mindless snacking
    Do the best I can and learn from how it goes
    Track food and exercise-on paper if I can't access this site
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Relax, enjoy my family's company
    Go out on the LAKE!
    Post here for accountability when I can

Happy weekend all!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have been gone since Monday .... and in that time.... there were 135 posts!!! Wow - you guys are all amazing! I still have to go back through and catch up on what I have missed!

I see many of you are now reading the Beck Diet Solution --- so I dug my book back out! I kinda skipped ahead since I had already read it a couple times, but now I am recording my food the way she suggests. I started this last week before we left to go and see our son, and for me, writing it down in a notebook is helping me so much more than just logging it on the computer. She tells us to write it down, and then put checkmarks when we follow our plan, cross out what we substituted for, or put a circle around something unplanned. So today, I have just 2 circled items, but I am still within my calories .... so a good day for me.

So my plan for this months challenge is to write down in my notebook what I plan to eat (I usually do this the nite before... and that is helping me).

And .... here should be my drum roll .... my weight this morning was 189.2 pounds! You guys that have been with me know how long I have been trying to get out of the 190s! Like all year!!! LOL!!! So I am officially just 11 pounds before I can be out of the "overweight" charts.

Since I didn't get a chance to post my goals last nite, I'll just post them tonite. I usually post mine in the evenings, because my days are so crazy busy, the evenings work best for me.

JFT, Saturday, July 7
    1. go to the gym
    2. mow the grass, and weed at least 4 of my 9 flower beds
    3. try and take my bike out --- it is suppose to be a beautiful day out
    4. work on PC boards
    5. work on business tax - quarterly taxes are due
    6. read 1 more chapter in the Beck Diet Solution
    7. do April Challenge - 8+ cups water
    8. do May challenge - get outside for 15 minutes (this should be easy, given my goals)
    9. Do June Challenge - mindful eating
    10. pin my quilt so I can start quilting it
    11. get back on here - be accountable

Challenges:
    July 1: Water :) ; Walk :/ (storming outside!); mindful eating :) ; planning :) ---- my planning for the next 3 days will be to just eat as healthy as I can! We are traveling tomorrow to see our son in Michigan - a 8 hr car ride. We tend to stop at McDonalds a lot, so I know I can find things low calorie. My problem will be the rest of the 3 days we are there. But .... even though I can't plan ahead as far as "what" I will eat, I can plan ahead to make wise choices.

July 2-5 --- Water :) ; walk (worked out on the farm alot, so I'm sure I got this in! :) mindful eating :) YES - well, as much as I could; planning :/ - no way, but I was very careful as to my choices!

July 6 Water :) (up to 7 glasses so far, plan on 2 more tonite; walk :) - I didn't get outside walking, but mall walking with my daughter; mindful eating :) Wanted to grab some ice cream this afternoon, but looked at the orange I had written down, and had frozen grapes instead; plan ahead :) Day is all planned for tomorrow (leftover chic burrittos).

And ... a very big welcome to so many new faces on here!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - darling pictures of your grandchildren! What is Canada Day? Is this like our July 4th? And I love the haircolor! Can't wait to see how you get it cut!

@slittlemeister - you are doing so great!!!! You have convinced me to get out my Beck Diet Solution book again --- and actually follow what she says LOL!

@sarah74 - it is so great to see how many embroidery items you sell!! I thought of doing this, but my life is so crazy busy already, so I just sew for fun. I have ordered many designs off embroidery library also! I love your work -- beautiful! Oh ... and Designs by JuJU is having a sale - $1.00 if you order 10 sets I think. A lot of her stuff is machine embroidery though, but it sews beautifully.

@Bex953172 - We would all miss you if you take a break from here!! But maybe just not try to set any goals, other than eating as healthy as you can? With 3 little ones to run after, I'm sure your days are filled to the brim. But hopefully you will keep coming on here just to chat!

I'd love to respond to so many of you.... but I would have to go back over 10 pages! What a wonderful group here! The most motivating ..... and it is what has kept me from totally giving up this year!
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Goals for yesterday:
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water ✔ ✔
    Do not snack on extra items at work ✔ (I did have a Diet Coke, but I count that as a freebie)

Goals for today:
    Stay below my 1409 calorie goal
    Get shopping completed for camp next week

My goals for today don't seem like much, but I'll be home for most of the day which makes it easy to overeat and I have been avoiding my shopping for camp for a really long time...
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I have been gone since Monday .... and in that time.... there were 135 posts!!! Wow - you guys are all amazing! I still have to go back through and catch up on what I have missed!

I see many of you are now reading the Beck Diet Solution --- so I dug my book back out! I kinda skipped ahead since I had already read it a couple times, but now I am recording my food the way she suggests. I started this last week before we left to go and see our son, and for me, writing it down in a notebook is helping me so much more than just logging it on the computer. She tells us to write it down, and then put checkmarks when we follow our plan, cross out what we substituted for, or put a circle around something unplanned. So today, I have just 2 circled items, but I am still within my calories .... so a good day for me.

So my plan for this months challenge is to write down in my notebook what I plan to eat (I usually do this the nite before... and that is helping me).

And .... here should be my drum roll .... my weight this morning was 189.2 pounds! You guys that have been with me know how long I have been trying to get out of the 190s! Like all year!!! LOL!!! So I am officially just 11 pounds before I can be out of the "overweight" charts.

Since I didn't get a chance to post my goals last nite, I'll just post them tonite. I usually post mine in the evenings, because my days are so crazy busy, the evenings work best for me.

JFT, Saturday, July 7
    1. go to the gym
    2. mow the grass, and weed at least 4 of my 9 flower beds
    3. try and take my bike out --- it is suppose to be a beautiful day out
    4. work on PC boards
    5. work on business tax - quarterly taxes are due
    6. read 1 more chapter in the Beck Diet Solution
    7. do April Challenge - 8+ cups water
    8. do May challenge - get outside for 15 minutes (this should be easy, given my goals)
    9. Do June Challenge - mindful eating
    10. pin my quilt so I can start quilting it
    11. get back on here - be accountable

Challenges:
    July 1: Water :) ; Walk :/ (storming outside!); mindful eating :) ; planning :) ---- my planning for the next 3 days will be to just eat as healthy as I can! We are traveling tomorrow to see our son in Michigan - a 8 hr car ride. We tend to stop at McDonalds a lot, so I know I can find things low calorie. My problem will be the rest of the 3 days we are there. But .... even though I can't plan ahead as far as "what" I will eat, I can plan ahead to make wise choices.

July 2-5 --- Water :) ; walk (worked out on the farm alot, so I'm sure I got this in! :) mindful eating :) YES - well, as much as I could; planning :/ - no way, but I was very careful as to my choices!

July 6 Water :) (up to 7 glasses so far, plan on 2 more tonite; walk :) - I didn't get outside walking, but mall walking with my daughter; mindful eating :) Wanted to grab some ice cream this afternoon, but looked at the orange I had written down, and had frozen grapes instead; plan ahead :) Day is all planned for tomorrow (leftover chic burrittos).

And ... a very big welcome to so many new faces on here!!

Congrats on getting under 190! That’s a major paychological milestone - keep going!! You’ve got this now. Cheering for you from London x
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday July 6

Eat under 1300 calories :smile: YES
    Focus on protein today to feel more full :smile: YES
    Eat veggies :smile: YES - 5 servings
    Reach my 15k step goal :smiley: YES - over 30k - highest so far
    Do elliptical, treadmill, or walking :smile: YES
    Do some form of strength training - even if only for 2 minutes :smile: YES
    Do some side stepping to work on ab/adductors :smile: YES
    Drink at least 8 glasses of water :smile: YES
    Read a chapter in a book :smile: YES
    Do something creative or artistic like maybe a pencil sketching :( NO
    Make sure bills are up to date :smile: YES
    Decide on weekend plans :smile: YES
    Look over your weight loss history to feel good about your weight loss, even though you’re at a current stand still because of monthly water retention. :smile: YES

JFT - Saturday

Eat under 1300 calories
    Focus on protein today to feel more full
    Eat veggies
    Reach my 15k step goal
    Do some side stepping to work on ab/adductors
    Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    Read a chapter in a book
    Do something creative or artistic like maybe a pencil sketching
    Relax and have fun in the pool

I just opened the door and it felt cool outside. Finally a break from the heat and humidity. I’m tempted to run a couple of laps around the neighborhood - but I just drank 24 oz of water. Maybe in 15 min. I can always stop back at the house if needed. LOL.

Have a Great Weekend Everyone :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - darling pictures of your grandchildren! What is Canada Day? Is this like our July 4th? And I love the haircolor! Can't wait to see how you get it cut!

@slittlemeister - you are doing so great!!!! You have convinced me to get out my Beck Diet Solution book again --- and actually follow what she says LOL!

@sarah74 - it is so great to see how many embroidery items you sell!! I thought of doing this, but my life is so crazy busy already, so I just sew for fun. I have ordered many designs off embroidery library also! I love your work -- beautiful! Oh ... and Designs by JuJU is having a sale - $1.00 if you order 10 sets I think. A lot of her stuff is machine embroidery though, but it sews beautifully.

@Bex953172 - We would all miss you if you take a break from here!! But maybe just not try to set any goals, other than eating as healthy as you can? With 3 little ones to run after, I'm sure your days are filled to the brim. But hopefully you will keep coming on here just to chat!

I'd love to respond to so many of you.... but I would have to go back over 10 pages! What a wonderful group here! The most motivating ..... and it is what has kept me from totally giving up this year!

I’m still here reading!
    You couldn’t get rid of me even if you tried!

Currently out of internet though until Tuesday. Although this morning I found a WiFi hotspot in a single corner in my house.. which is where I’m standing now lol!!!

Will be
    Properly posting again next week I hope!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options

Thanks for the heads up about the sale! I'll have to go take a look. :smile: I'm always looking for new designs!!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Just For Yesterday:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under my calorie goal. :smile:
    2. Do physical therapy morning and evening. :smile:
    3. Drink 80 oz of water (I've got 32 down, so I should HAVE this) :smile:
    4. Cook the chickpea curry I've put off for two days so I have dinner tonight and some freezer meals. :smile:
    5. Grocery shopping. :smile:
    6. Eat only when hungry. :smile:
    7. Try to resume weight training. :neutral: The ankle is just not up to it yet. So. Frustrating.

Just For Today:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under my calorie goal.
    2. Do physical therapy morning and evening.
    3. Drink 80 oz of water.
    4. Make split pea soup for next week.
    5. Eat only when hungry.
    6. Get out of the house and get some activity.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 Welcome back! You have been missed. And congratulations on breaking through to that new middle number! I love it when that happens.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Lots of water >:)
    2. Finish 365 Days of Happy! It doesnt have to be perfect - it's literally the thought that counts on this one. :)
    3. Meds AM and PM >:)
    4. Try magnesium lotion for cramps :)
    5. Reasonable lunch choices >:)
    6. Make birthday card for DH :)
    7. Be kind :)

@PackerFanInGB Thats exactly it! Thanks :) Good luck with your new app! Give us a review in a few days time

I'm on a roll right now - and usually this would be the beginning of the end for me. One bad day turns into 3 turns into a month turns into I DONT CARE. But I'm going with the flow here - ate out last night, woke up late this morning so had to rush to the mechanic as to not miss my appointment - skipped all my food prep and got a sausage egg and cheese that I used to eat almost every day that I had not eaten in months and months. But you know what - it's delicious and really nice to enjoy as a treat. And I know that if this continues (the excuses) - I'm the one who says STOP - not anybody else. I'm learning! But - by involving myself in this awesome community I've also added in a little accountability and it's making all the difference this time around to have that support - so thanks everyone! I've also learned that the weekends are harder for me than the weeks. And this is another busy one with LOTS of clean up and reorganizing things to get back in the swing of things. Gosh it's such a cycle - you eat good to feel good but then youre so tired of working so hard to eat good that you just want to eat whatever. Then you eat whatever and feel bad but your too tired to eat well because it's work! I guess I just needed to get that out of my system - it's that time of the month and Im really really tired. Also just remembered that my tracking has showed me that I am not only a carb monster this time of month but also a bottomless pit - eating at maintenance hardly keeps me satiated for a few days during so I need to take that into account as well - it's all feedback and information to learn from. I know I wont feel this way forever and I will get back to the swing of things. So just for today! I too, need to focus on lots of water today. Between the breakfast sandwhich, the chinese food, and the holiday hot dogs I am heavily salted.

JFT Friday
    1. Drink 3 waters before noon - start now - then drink another 3 before leaving
    2. Be kind - a positive attitude and present in the now
    3. Log all food
    4. Stay around maintenance for today - since my breakfast sandwich was almost half my daily calories I KNOW I'll be hungry and grumpy if I try to eat at a deficit today.
    5. Do some squaring off around the house so things are more pleasant to look at while they are in piles waiting to be cleaned this weekend lol
    6. Dont worry. Be happy

I was telling my friend exactly the same thing last night. The last two times I lost weight if I "messed up" one day either with food or lack of exercise I easily talked myself into giving up all together. This time I am trying not to have an all or nothing approach. I know that there are going to be days where life happens and I can't be "perfect", I just need to go with it and remember that the next hour, next day is a new beginning. I give this group so much credit for that. It's easier not to feel defeated when you see others have the same difficulties with staying on track and the different techniques everyone uses to get there.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Well I did it! I completely caught up with JFT. Can you say "anal retentive"? :D

Totally love this thread! It's what kick-started my weight-loss for real last year. Everyone with their own journey and challenges ~ truly inspiring & motivating! I was laughing, crying, giving silent hugs, fist-pumping for all of you as I read. Welcome to so many newbies, it's great to "read" you.

Now for some overdue shout-outs:

@slittlemeister Congrats on reaching your "normal" weight and no longer being overweight! That's a huge accomplishment, and I know how hard you've worked for it.

@PackerFanInGB I have to remind myself about your new "name" here. Massive (((hugs))) to you, my friend! You have overcome so much, and I know you'll continue to do so. I believe you are the embodiment of Persistence & Determination. Best wishes on your upcoming exams.

@MLHC1 Wonderful news about baby Noah! So happy for you and entire family. Hope you are enjoying your trip to the mountains. I look forward to seeing your posts again, once you return.

@mytime6630 Your latest quilt is so so beautiful! You are truly talented.

@Snowflake1968 Love your new color! Very flattering for you. Can't wait to see photos of "the cut". And I think it's very exciting about the new start-up business you have the opportunity to be part of.

@toaljasa So many inspirational words and posts. Thank you!

@Bex953172 Girl, you can always make me laugh! So proud of you, baby mama! And thanks for the reminders of Sweaty Betty.

@HGSmith0920 Hannah, major props to you for living in a two-room cabin with hubby and two friends for "too-long". If it had been me, my claustrophic tendencies would've had me climbing the walls after two days.

@faebert Wow, color me impressed. Your wedding blessing cake was truly beautiful. Another woman on JFT with wonderful talent.

@bcTRAI (((Hugs))) to you, my friend! May you find peace.

@nickssweetheart Congrats on the new job! Wishing you all the best when you start on Monday.

@jeschepp Wonderful news on your throat exercises & b-r-e-a-t-h-i-n-g during physical exercise. So impressed that you powered through.

@AJB1014 I take vitamin D year-round ~ living in WI, I definitely need it in winter, and found it to be helpful all year since I've always had a desk job. Since I started my current job 3 1/2 years ago, I sit by a large window overlooking (mostly) nature: trees, manicured grounds, distant buildings. It's been a godsend to me. I also have one of those lights at home to read by in winter that's supposed to help. Impressed by the progress you are making with your JFT attitude!

That's all my notes (you didn't think I memorized that stuff, did you?) ;) Hope no one feels left out if I missed you. Your time will come!

Wow you did a lot of reading! My cut is going to have to wait until later this week, she forgot her scissors at the school yesterday.