JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    I made it through my big day today and thank goodness because I am officially sick with bronchitis. Have been prescribed antibiotics and an inhaler. The cough is terrible but now my whole body is aching. I will go into work tomorrow just to pick up some stuff so I can plan from home and rest as much as I can. Counting down the time until the kids go to bed so I can go too!

BUT the good news is I got an outstanding grading for my lesson. The assistant head loved it so much she went to get the Head and Deputy to come and watch. A big relief for me, and a bit of motivation now to kick *kitten* in next week’s class assembly event.

Wednesday goals recap
    - workout if well enough ❎ definitely not
    - get in early and check resources ✅
    - Speak to buddy teacher ✅
    - Observation - stay positive and keep an eye on timings ✅ :smiley:
    - Call doc at 1 if needed ✅ very definitely!
    - Leave by 5 ✅
    - Relax ✅ (need my bed though!!

Thursday goals
    - Drive to work and pick up planning materials
    - Postpone chat with Head
    - Check Oct 29th date with assistant
    - Work from home/rest
    - Go into work for afternoon only if well enough

Night all. Hoping meds kick in soon and I can get back to me! X

I've been watching for your update! Congrats on the positive feedback and I'm so happy to hear you went to the doctor. Feel better soon!

Thanks @Snowflake1968 - you do such an amazing job of keeping up with us all and give fab advice. We are lucky to have you here x
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 - Happy Birthday!!! d44lkm86ex00.jpg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine posted a thing on facebook that asked if you remembered Chef Boy Ar Dee Pepperoni Pizza mix. This used to be one of my most favourite meals growing up. I looked online to see if they still make it and it's on Amazon. $120.00 for 6 to ship to Canada.... Do they still sell it in stores in the States? I used to buy it in Maine when I lived in NB.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    A friend of mine posted a thing on facebook that asked if you remembered Chef Boy Ar Dee Pepperoni Pizza mix. This used to be one of my most favourite meals growing up. I looked online to see if they still make it and it's on Amazon. $120.00 for 6 to ship to Canada.... Do they still sell it in stores in the States? I used to buy it in Maine when I lived in NB.

Yes-- I remember it. In fact, I think they still sell it? I will have to check.But wow -- $120.00 for 6!!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    OK --- I drank all NINE glasses of water already today!! Now .... I get my diet pepsi, right :D
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    OK --- I drank all NINE glasses of water already today!! Now .... I get my diet pepsi, right :D

You sure do! You earned it with bonus points!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I saw this and thought of you and my daughter for some reason.
    p76j5pzjtdry.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All My Beautiful Sisters!!🌹
    You're All Wonderful in your uniqueness and I'll keep saying it.
    WELCOME TO WHIMSICAL WEDNESDAY😂 I DARE YOU👈👇👉
    SHARE SOMETHING THAT MADE YOU BURST INTO LAUGHTER
    I'LL go first.
    My 2 year old great nephew bursts into my room excited..."Aunt Mary, Look at my BAND-AIDS.".. He had wrapped his Mom's Maxi Pads around his legs, arms, and covered the front of himself including his forehead, and had the biggest smile on his face.

JFT
    1- MAKE SOMEONE SMILE INCLUDING YOURSELF√😀
    2- MAKE IMPORTANT CALLS√😀
    3- MAKE GREEN TEA√😀
    4- MORNING WALK√😀
    5- IS CORN A GOOD VEGETABLE?
    6- EAT BREAKFAST and LUNCH...FAST DINNER TODAY√
    7- TAKE MEDS√😀
    8- DRINK 4 BOTTLES OF WATER😀
    9- READ 😀
    10- TRY!!!! LIGHTS OUT BY 10p.m.
    😑... Maybe 10:30 is a more realistic time for me. Of course I forgot that I started midnight prayer/intercession.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Recap T 10/9 ~ over 2" rain in gauge since Sunday :'(
    1) Yay! Rain took a break so happy me! :smiley: Very warm for time of year, wore shorts/light shirt, walked dog 3.65 mi 1:03:18 before work & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly (except webinar at 11) / stairs breaks at work = Yay, training was short so walked every hour at work. Fitbit 16,312 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 49 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / 12c water = Around 1:30 A.M. I woke up hungry ~ gah! So went downstairs & found bday flowers from hubby (he was downstairs too)... awww! <3 Anyway, ate crunchy cheetos snack (NOT great choice) and logged as part of Tues. diary this morning. :p Net calories -162, sodium -706 (ack), sugar green (yay), fiber good, protein low (that might explain night-time hunger), 12c water :smiley:
    4) Evening to-do's !!!! Made fried green tomatoes (yum!) / washed towels / folded laundry hanging in laundry room & put everything away / washed dishes / finally cleared flagged emails/financial tasks / reviewed niece's grad pics & selected my favs to order :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:30 :( / FLOSS dangit :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:20 :((rain predicted overnight & W a.m. so x-train?)

JFT W 10/10 ~ Happy birthday to me! 61 years young :D
    1) Rainy day again (> 3" rain in gauge for week so far) & no dog walk or workout before work. Maybe x-train in basement in evening. Maybe not.
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work (also gives my eyes a break from computer monitors & my mind a little break)
    3) Planned supper is an old favorite: mom's apple pizza / enter recipe into Recipes on MFP / log all meals & snacks / no net calories goal today! / > 12c water
    4) Evening: relax & enjoy quiet evening at home (plans with friends/hubby to celebrate later)
    5) Unplug 10:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & TV off 10:20 (walk dog before work Th a.m.)

🍇🍓🍒🎈 HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER!!! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!! (((HUGS)))
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Had a great night! Ended up having a 3 hour phone conversation with one of my best gals, whom I met in college (she's across the country from me now). We got to reminiscing and I pulled out my folder of letters, postcards, funny quotes, odds/ends from our college days and read through some to her. Some were from 17 years ago! We were in stitches, and decided we are making a photo calendar with college photos for our 5 close roommates from college as a surprise Christmas present. So this weekend we'll be going through all of our college photos and picking out some for each month! I've been having a few tough weeks, and she is currently going through a divorce so we both needed the boost (though certainly I am not comparing my tough week to her stress!). At any rate, it was one of my all time favorite phone convos. What a great night :) Anyway, I didn't do much else tonight!

For today:
    Drink 80 oz. of water ✅
    Healthy eating, 1.2k to 1.4k calories ✅
    All 5 food groups ✅
    Exercise 30 minutes or do 1 mile :( rain and phone conversation!
    1 hour TV max, not while eating-half points for Gryffindor? Ate while watching.
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Bed at 9:00, up at 6:00 :( up a bit late

For tomorrow:
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    Healthy eating, 1.2k to 1.4k calories
    All 5 food groups
    Exercise 30 minutes or do 1 mile, rain rain go away!
    1 hour TV max, not while eating
    Track food and exercise
    Bed at 9:00, up at 6:00
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM easy run: 2 miles, aim for <30 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES. Put Jacky repairs 10:00 Sat on future JFTs.
    2. Draft Week 12. WRITE BLOG POST. Grade presentations.
    3. Class 2-3: Grade Character Analysis. Input grades. Revise villain narrative to do two versions of one scene.
    4. Class 4 - Grade Reflections. Input grades. Revise research checklists.
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Write discussion comments. Plan for absence on 10/22.
    7. Strength 4:30. Walk to 10k. Add 'THEATER' to Thursday JFT. Draft essay. Put lotion and water flavors in school bag.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Chicken salad. Drain cheese. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM gen run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Put Jacky repairs 10:30 Sat on future JFTs.
    2. File papers before class. Contact B about Saturday. FINISH week 12. (Check standards!) Write blog post. Write discussion responses. VERY IMPORTANT: GRADING LIST!
    3. Class 2-3: POETRY INTRO. Linking verb practice (2 - new sentences; 3 - fix old, add new). Conference on analysis reports? If time, Kahoot. Set up desks in groups of 4.
    4. Class 4: Poetry Intro.
    5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Draft essay.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Plan for absence on 10/22. MUST TURN IN FAILURE REPORTS.
    7. LEAVE FOR THEATER BY 5:00. Take some grading along. Continue essay.
    8. Prep Fri lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 184

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY - Wednesday 10/10/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)
    6) Clean the house :)

JFT - Thursday 10/11/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke
    4) Go to the gym
    5) Work on orders from my shop
  • Dini421
    Dini421 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    30 min activity
    Grocery shop
    Healthy evening snacks
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday, 10/10/18
    1. Journal EVERY bite on MFP :)
    2. 3 full stainless steel bottles of water :(
    3. Walk Maddie :)What a joy this is! Maddie gives me the encouragement and desire to walk now! Although it has changed our lives getting another dog as far as not being able to get up and go, she is good for my health goals for sure....and cuddles...she is such a loving little hugger! :heart:
    4. 5 Fruits/Veggies :( 2/5
    5. Mid-month bills :wink: Pushing off until Friday when I get paid. $$ is tighter when I'm off on medical leave...
    6. Grocery Shopping :sWell....I actually went, got my cart and walked into the store...got settled and started to go down the aisle, and my phone rang....granddaughter stranded across town needing ride. Put cart back, got back in car, picked up granddaughter and said "I'll go tomorrow".
    7. Clean and prep fruit and veggies for easy snacking :(See above. Need to grocery shop for veggies before I can prep them!
    8. Read 1 chapter :) "FOOD: What the heck should I eat?" by Dr. Mark Hyman.
    9. Podcast :)
    10. Bed 9:00 :) / Gratitude Journal 5 things :) / Simple Abundance daily reading :) / Dodie Olsteen daily reading :)

JFT - Thursday, 10/11/2018
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Half my weight in water
    3. Walk Maddie / Dog park? Pretty windy....
    4. 3 svgs veggies / 2 svgs fruit
    5. Grocery shopping
    6. Clean & Prep freggies for snacking
    7. Read one chapter
    8. Podcast -or- meditate in quiet room
    9. Bed 9:00 / Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance & Dodie Olsteen Daily Readings

October To-Do's
    • Out of the 180's by end of month
    • Walk 5/7 days per week
    • Increase distance of walk, to park by end of month
    • Swap out seasonal clothing
    • Make appts: Derm, Ophthalmology, FP, Day Spa (massage), dentist
    • Return/exchange 2 sweaters
    • Bake 2 Christmas things per weekend

October Challenge - Walk 1 Mile:
    10/1: :smile:
    10/2: :smile:
    10/3: :smile:
    10/4: :smile:
    10/5: :smile:
    10/6: :smile:
    10/7: :smile:
    10/8: :smile:
    10/9: :smile:
    10/10: :frowning: Walked Maddie but was less than a mile in length because didn't want to get caught in rain!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Faebert Congratulations on knocking it out of the park with your lesson!!! So proud of you! That must be a relief when it is done. I'm also really glad to hear you got on the meds you need. Bronchitis is such a lousy thing to come down with. (((HUGS)))
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Awesome! I absolutely commend all of you who do this. I could not drink all my water before having a cup of coffee. I'd probably rip someone's head off without it in the morning! :naughty:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday October 10
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ Over by 166
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Walk 1 Mile - :/ I had company showup after the kids left last night. She didn't leave until almost 10 and by that point I just didn't have time.
    Move Hourly at Work - 4/6
    Paint Snowmen Faces and dress them - :) Got them painted, was planning on dressing them last night... again company
    Stay Focused!!!! - Did Ok, not the best though

JFT - Thursday October 11
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Walk 1 Mile
    Move Hourly at Work
    Dress Snowmen
    Stay Focused!!!!

I made homemade pizza last night for supper. I bought the Pilsbury pizza crust instead of making my own. I don't think I'll do that again, it just wasn't as tasty as mine. Sure was quicker though.

Lauryn and the Grands stayed almost an hour later than they usually do. They don't have cable at home so she gets me to record some shows for her occasionally. I made her watch some last night to free up some space on the PVR. One of the shows she watches is Dancing With the Stars. Michaela loves this show! I was forced to dance with her last night for most of the show. She likes the lifts, she tried to do some fancy fast jazz feet... but the absolute funniest one to watch is her trying to do the splits. A lot of the dances on the show end with the woman on the floor in a split or sliding... Michaela thinks she can do this all by herself. She jumps up in the air, spreads her legs out and lands in a split. I don't know how she doesn't break her back doing it! She will probably stop this when she isn't in a diaper. I wish we could upload videos on here so I could share it with you all.

• Snowflake1968
    Options

Awesome! I absolutely commend all of you who do this. I could not drink all my water before having a cup of coffee. I'd probably rip someone's head off without it in the morning! :naughty:

I'm with you! I don't even like the taste of water first thing in the morning!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    First off, I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. You helped make my day great. Just have to say, JFT is truly my tribe!!! :smiley:<3

Recap W 10/10 ~ Happy birthday to me! 61 years young :D
    1) Rainy day again (> 3" rain in gauge for week so far) & no dog walk or workout before work. Maybe x-train in basement in evening. Maybe not. = Yeah, not. :p
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work (also gives my eyes a break from computer monitors & my mind a little break) = Fitbit 7,331 steps :neutral: 250+ steps 13/14 & 33 floors :smiley:
    3) Planned supper is an old favorite: mom's apple pizza / enter recipe into Recipes on MFP / log all meals & snacks / no net calories goal today! / > 12c water = Well, entered mom's recipe into MFP & ate almost 1/2! Logged everything best I could & net calories def not pretty, but it was one day. At least I drank all my water! :blush:
    4) Evening: relax & enjoy quiet evening at home (plans with friends/hubby to celebrate later) :smiley:
    5) Unplug 10:00 :( / FLOSS :s / RETAINERS :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:20 :s (walk dog before work Th a.m.)

JFT Th 10/11 ~ Rain finally ended ~ we had > 4.5" in our rain gauge since Sunday. Now very windy & temps really dropped, weatherman even giving us wind chill readings! :o
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.52 mi 1:02:16 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Leftovers day (trying to clear out fridge) / meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / > 12c water
    4) Evening: boil eggs / choir 6:30 / wash dishes / read Sunday ads / collect water from rain barrel / other to-do's?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS REALLY / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog F before work)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 LOL! I wondered if you took your dog for a walk today before work. Maddie woke me up at 5:45 and it was dark and cold and blowing so hard out there that I decided no walk for her this morning, but I did think of you. I thought for sure you would have slept in! :wink: