JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I know I've been MIA for over a week, but I've had an off week. I think half of this was the ongoing stress at work-I finally heard I will be reimbursed for the PTO, but that was on Friday after worrying about it all week. I also felt like I was getting sick all week, so I ended up going to bed early a lot. I ended up eating a lot of comfort food also, because I am a major emotional eater. I think the other half was some self-sabotage. I am over halfway on my weight loss journey, I only have just over 20 pounds to lose, clothes are fitting well, people are noticing. Some of this is scary, as it means I have things to lose (other than weight-ha!). I do have a pattern of self-sabotaging when I'm close to success as a defense mechanism. If things are going well, that leaves me open to the fall.
    Anyway, at the end of the week I didn't do as bad as I thought. My ongoing habits gave me a buffer. Despite some unhealthy eating, I was able to keep it to dinners, eating well for breakfast and lunch. I was shocked to see my weight maintained. But I'd like to get back on track. So here are my goals! BTW, I really really missed you all. So glad to be back.

For tomorrow:
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    Healthy eating, 1.2k to 1.4k calories
    All 5 food groups
    Exercise 30 minutes or do 1 mile
    1 hour TV max, not while eating
    Track food and exercise
    Bed at 9:00, up at 6:00
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I have received what I've prayed for and so much more. Before hearing about MFP I was pretty much a loner. I had gone through so much in every area of my life. I prayed for an accountability partner, genuine friendships, motivation and reasons not to procrastinate. I wanted a lifestyle of health and not another fad diet, someone like minded and non judgemental. I wanted a place to belong.
    This site/this thread has given me all of these things and so much more.
    I'm free to be MARY and the parts of me that I'm losing are making me stronger and better. This is therapy at its best. We spill our guts, we laugh, cry, scratch, burp, and even rant and it's absolutely great. We get it out and we get back to what's important...LIFE, LOVE, AND BETTER HEALTH.
    JFNow... THANK EACH OF YOU TREMENDOUSLY!! For love, acceptance, and support.
    I'll get on task with posting in the morning God willing.
    I'm just enjoying thoughts of my sisters JFN.
    Prayers for all of us and being good to myself by going to bed before 11:00p.m. my time.๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ™
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Hello all! I know I've been MIA for over a week, but I've had an off week. I think half of this was the ongoing stress at work-I finally heard I will be reimbursed for the PTO, but that was on Friday after worrying about it all week. I also felt like I was getting sick all week, so I ended up going to bed early a lot. I ended up eating a lot of comfort food also, because I am a major emotional eater. I think the other half was some self-sabotage. I am over halfway on my weight loss journey, I only have just over 20 pounds to lose, clothes are fitting well, people are noticing. Some of this is scary, as it means I have things to lose (other than weight-ha!). I do have a pattern of self-sabotaging when I'm close to success as a defense mechanism. If things are going well, that leaves me open to the fall.
    Anyway, at the end of the week I didn't do as bad as I thought. My ongoing habits gave me a buffer. Despite some unhealthy eating, I was able to keep it to dinners, eating well for breakfast and lunch. I was shocked to see my weight maintained. But I'd like to get back on track. So here are my goals! BTW, I really really missed you all. So glad to be back.

For tomorrow:
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    All 5 food groups
    Track food and exercise

Missed you! Thank you for coming back... I understand self sabotage, I did it with relationships with guys. After my husband and I separated, my daughters suggested I get out and date... ONLINE DATING...worse than going to a bar or club. It's a mindless play on words. It's not dating. It's putting yourself in a lineup and from there to a firing squad... LMBO.
    Anywhooo!! I'd message them until they wanted to meet, I'd think of reasons to get them to stop contacting me if they got too close and for me, wanting to meet was too close.
    We can do this!! (((Hugs)))
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Missed you! Thank you for coming back... I understand self sabotage, I did it with relationships with guys. After my husband and I separated, my daughters suggested I get out and date... ONLINE DATING...worse than going to a bar or club. It's a mindless play on words. It's not dating. It's putting yourself in a lineup and from there to a firing squad... LMBO.
    Anywhooo!! I'd message them until they wanted to meet, I'd think of reasons to get them to stop contacting me if they got too close and for me, wanting to meet was too close.
    We can do this!! (((Hugs)))

Thanks Mary for always understanding and having a kind word <3
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I have received what I've prayed for and so much more. Before hearing about MFP I was pretty much a loner. I had gone through so much in every area of my life. I prayed for an accountability partner, genuine friendships, motivation and reasons not to procrastinate. I wanted a lifestyle of health and not another fad diet, someone like minded and non judgemental. I wanted a place to belong.
    This site/this thread has given me all of these things and so much more.
    I'm free to be MARY and the parts of me that I'm losing are making me stronger and better. This is therapy at its best. We spill our guts, we laugh, cry, scratch, burp, and even rant and it's absolutely great. We get it out and we get back to what's important...LIFE, LOVE, AND BETTER HEALTH.
    JFNow... THANK EACH OF YOU TREMENDOUSLY!! For love, acceptance, and support.
    I'll get on task with posting in the morning God willing.
    I'm just enjoying thoughts of my sisters JFN.
    Prayers for all of us and being good to myself by going to bed before 11:00p.m. my time.๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ™

Wow!!! Thank you, Mary - for being part of my life too! You are a wonderful friend and cheerleader and I love you!!! You're kicking butt each and every day and I'm so proud of you!!!
  • AJB1014
    Options

For tomorrow:
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    All 5 food groups
    Track food and exercise

Hiiiii welcome back! Missed you too - but I hear you! I disappeared over the weekend but the important part is that we're back!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday October 7
    2L of water -๐Ÿ˜•
    Walk 1 mile - ๐Ÿ˜• not purposely, but probably about 4 miles while I was cooking and prepping
    5 fruits & veggies - 2/5
    Be mindful of what Iโ€™m eating! ๐Ÿ™‚ I think I was pretty mindful even when I ate chips I was mindfully eating them.๐Ÿ˜‚

JFT- Monday October 8
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 mile
    5 fruits & veggies
    Exercise 30 minutes
    Get crafty!!!!!
    Stay focused!

We had a wonderful day yesterday. There will be a new baby girl joining the family in February. Sat with one of my favourite cousins and enjoyed a nice visit.

Michaela and I come home and made 3 pies, a could of side dishes, got the turkey in the roaster. I never sat down until 9pm!

Today is officially Thanksgiving, I am going to do some crafting and possibly some inventory on paint colours and such I need.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends! I'm up and at it early today! Well, it's 10:20 right now, but I did get up at 8:15. Lol. Got all my grocery shopping done for the day. It's pretty nasty out atm. It's super humid and misty out. The temperature is around 70F but it feels more like 80F with how sticky it is. Not good walking weather. The DH hasn't slept well the last few nights so I think I will let him sleep and go to the gym. I think I could use some time reading and walking. Maybe get my mile in for the day. Lol.

I actually got my mile in yesterday! It wasn't all at once but it was something like 1.25 miles. That's hard to come by on the weekends. Lol. I had to do laundry yesterday so I walked to and from my parent's house 4 times. It's about 200 yards away. Saw my mom for a few minutes too. It's crazy that they live so close and that mom works so close and I barely see her. I guess we are living our own lives.

Anyway, I think I am going to take a nice relaxing day today. I want to do some reading. I have a book that is supposed to help me outline the story I have in my head. I, also, bought another book that should help me stay on track with my writing goals. Now if I can just manage to keep a consistent schedule and not just forget to write every day. We'll see.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'm sure I'll be back on at some point.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Welp - my streak is gone :'( I'm shedding a tear about it. But I'm learning from it. I forgot to reset my password before the weekend, and couldn't log in on the app over the weekend for some reason. I probably could have made it work but I had friends staying the weekend. honestly I'm so proud of the work I've done so far, and knowing I can make it to a 150 day streak again makes it kind of inspiring to keep going. I saw lots of people talking about 1200+ day streaks and I guess I initially hoped that would be me this time around - but I'm way too much of a live in the moment type to keep that up. My phone is dead more often than not - I leave it behind - I hardly use apps. But I'm intentional in knowing that I needed to make smart choices, whether I'm logging it that second or not. And I did this weekend! I ordered a half order of eggs bene, skipped snacking, cooked dinner at home and did some moving! And I'm going to get right back on track today!

KUDOS FOR KEEPING IT GOING!!! YIPEEEEEEEE!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    I LOVE YOU BUNCHES! Have a great day Sis๐ŸŒน
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,500 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    For my own accountability...

Recap F 10/5 ~ When alarm went off, I checked my phone for weather & looked outside ~ we could get walk in so got all gear on: dog's LED collar, harness, blaze orange vest & leash, my LED vest, high vis hat & headlamp. Tech gloves on, MapMyWalk app ready to start tracking & stepped out front door at 5:58 ~ rain just started again! Sorry, dog, back inside and everything off = sad doggy! :'(
    1) Debated laying down for quick nap but NO! I went to the basement and worked out on weight machine & did my little home version of circuit training. :smiley: A sign of days to come. :#
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,551 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 41 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks planned / need to prelog / net calories green / 12c water = Net calories -2 :D and 11c water :neutral:
    4) Evening: bank on way home (cash for farmers market & other needs) :smiley: / make stuffed peppers for supper :smiley: / take care of flagged emails :s / decide on grad pics & email choices to SIL :s / any other to-do's are bonus! :smiley: washed all the dirty dishes!
    5) Unplug 10:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:30 ??? (farmers market, birdseed pick-up & craft sale Sat. a.m.)

Recap Sat. 10/6
    1) Farmers market ~ just for you @PackerFanInGB ~ bought heirloom tomatoes, green tomatoes (haven't had fried green tomatoes in very long time), whitefish from Suzy Q's, eggs, Cortland apples (my fav), Brussels sprouts, beets, raspberries, flower bouquet to brighten the kitchen ~ fresh local produce won't be available much longer & sad me :D
    2) Picked up birdseed order at Wildlife Sanctuary :smiley:
    3) Annual fall craft sale at Bay Beach Pavilion ~ bought items for myself, the house, even couple of small items for friends' Christmas gifts :smiley:
    4) Gas in car ~ used last of workplace gift card :smiley:
    5) Walked dog 4.18 miles 1:12:05 = happy dog & happy me :smiley: and Fitbit 16,393 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 & 37 floors
    6) Net calories -322 / too much snacking! :s
    7) Time with hubby <3

Recap Sun. 10/7
    1) Choir sang in 2 early services :smiley:
    2) Walked dog 4.18 miles 1:11:50 = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    3) 2 loads laundry :smiley:
    4) Depooped yard & picked up tons of sticks / small branches from latest windy day & cleaned/refilled birdbaths & refilled birdfeeders :smiley: Fitbit 18,192 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! Wow, on a Sunday! & 39 floors :smiley:
    5) Watched Packers lose = sad me :#
    6) Watched Brewers win! Woohoo! :smiley:
    7) Net calories -208 ~ know it's even worse b/c I kept eating peanut M&Ms straight from bag in evening & didn't log them all :#:s
    8) More hubby time! <3
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    JFT M 10/8 ~ Another (!) rainy period for next three days & may get 2-4" ~ already have 1" in gauge ~ rest day today & sad me
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / 12c water
    3) Remember J is picking up projector & name tag box for tomorrow's seminar
    4) Hair appt. 6:00 (sad me b/c hubby has federal holiday off, which I totally forgot about, and I can't reschedule appt. again)
    5) Pick up supper on way home
    6) Unplug 9:30 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & TV off 10:20 (walk dog before work T if rain breaks as predicted)
  • cschmitz110515
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I no longer weigh myself daily but I peek occasionally. Saturday a.m. weigh-in is my MFP logging day. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ as long as my trend is downward, I get there when I get there!

Age 60, 5'4.5" ~ birthday week + revise next w-i :wink:
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 140 - 145 [Need to be realistic! Will revisit UG & may revise to maintain 145 - 150]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
    09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
    09/15 = 156.0
    09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before :wink:
    09/29 = 154.0
    10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before

โ€œStart by doing whatโ€™s necessary, then whatโ€™s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.โ€ Francis of Assisi
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Thansk for the reality check @HEGoddard0928 apprecaited and needed! Hugs!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT
    1-Exercise
    2- Do Laundry
    3- Make Doctor Appointment
    4- Make Goals and plans to accomplish them
    5- Take Meds
    6- Drink 4 bottles of water today
    7- Make A To-Do List
    8- Make A Needs List
    9- Find Recipe For Diet Soup and make ingredients list for future purchase
    10- No Food after 7:00p.m.
    11- Read 1 Chapter
    12- Lights Out by 10p.m. ABSOLUTELY NO ELECTRONICS, only sleep/sounds

This is a new beginning for me. Still need a scheduler/pocket planner to help me stay on task. I tried using alarms... LMBO๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, I'd wonder what the rings were for, get annoyed and shut it off, only to remember hours later what the ring was for... Lmbo... Oh My Goodness I'm a mess..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    WELL I GOTTA LOVE ME!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Hey Sisters.. If you want...my email is maryrobinson40@yahoo.com
    Ok. Feel free to message me here or there, or my MFP inboxโ€ฆ..๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    For my own accountability...

Recap Sat. 10/6
    1) Farmers market ~ just for you @PackerFanInGB ~ bought heirloom tomatoes, green tomatoes (haven't had fried green tomatoes in very long time), whitefish from Suzy Q's, eggs, Cortland apples (my fav), Brussels sprouts, beets, raspberries, flower bouquet to brighten the kitchen ~ fresh local produce won't be available much longer & sad me :D

Recap Sun. 10/7

5) Watched Packers lose = sad me :#
    6) Watched Brewers win! Woohoo! :smiley:

LOL! Didn't know I stalked your Farmers Market trips, did you!? Ha! I didn't make it even once this year, so I really do enjoy hearing what they had. I'm weird, I know. :mrgreen:

Also, what the heck was up with our Packers??? I felt so bad for Mason Crosby! Dang, he just doesn't miss like that!

Brewers....HECK YEAH! What a game! :smiley: