JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Monday, January 1st, 2018
    1. log all food :) Did not do so good though with food --- too many leftovers sweets here.
    2. concentrate on drinking at least 8 glasses of water :) Didn't get all 8 glasses in, but working on this! I have to drink 4 glasses of water now before I go to bed though :s
    3. go to the gym with husband in the afternoon. (Being that the temperature is suppose to be -8 in the morning, hoping by the afternoon is is warmer) :/ Just didn't happen .... a lazy, but relaxing day! It is -6 degrees out, so we didn't even leave the house!
    4. read one chapter of Simple Abundance (thank you @O'Connell for this idea - something I hope to do everyday this year) :)
    5. get back on here tomorrow ...... be accountable :)

JFT, Tues, Jan 2
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water - 2 glasses with each meal, 2 inbetween. Total of 8 glasses water
    3. read my Advantage Response cards to remind myself of why I want to lose weight
    4. read one chapter of Simple Abundance
    5. work on just 1 shelf in my sewing room :s Time to declutter!!!
    6. work on business taxes. I am SO far behind on this
    7. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    So on last year's thread I was asked by Joan for a picture of my daughter's wedding dress and the app wouldn't let me.
    Hey @joan6630 , I figured it out! I think. ;) I can post pictures to threads if I do it through the website but not through the app. How silly is that?
    Now let's see if it works.

Glad you got the picture thing to work! Now, I'll have to figure out how you posted them on your wall! Both dresses are so beautiful, and I'm sure a lot of work! Something your daughters will always treasure!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Just for Today 1/1/17:
    • Take my starting measurements :)
    • Drink half my weight in oz of water (87.5) :/ 64 oz so not too shabby!
    • Journal every bite :)
    • Stay in the GREEN :)
    • Aldi's run for this week's healthy snacks :/ Couldn't get myself to go out in the -20 degree weather!
    • Meal plan and prep for the week :)
    • 30 minutes of activity: Mixture of treadmill and Body Groove :) Going to hit the treadmill in a minute.
    • Begin lifting hand weights to work on strengthening and toning arms. This is supposed to be good for lymphedema also, which I have in my right arm and it has flared horribly over the past month because of overuse. This needs to become a habit. :) 10 reps of each
    • Work on quilt :) Didn't work on actual quilt but did get my sewing nook set back up, ready to go.
    • In bed earlier. Need to establish a better bedtime routine so I can have a smoother morning routine! Plan to hit the sack tonight around 9.

Just for Tuesday, 1/2/17
    • Get up with alarm. No hitting the snooze button!!!!!
    • Journal and stay in the green
    • Hydrate, increase water intake from Monday
    • Read Advantage Response cards x5
    • Read Beck Diet Solution...
    • 30 minutes cardio; 10 reps light hand weights
    • Smile. Be kind. One random act of kindness.
    • Prep for tomorrow by packing lunch, setting out clothes.
    • One hour before bed, unplug and write in gratitude journal, Simple Abundance Chapter and begin "Read the Bible in One Year"

I know I always get excited and have so much resolve at the beginning of each year, and then I end up fizzling out. I sure hope I can stick with it this year!!!

(Posting this tonight because I have an early morning meeting and don't want to not have time to post tomorrow!)
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Since I found this group today, here are my goals for tomorrow.
    I'm Jen, 47F. Looking to lose 15 lbs.

JFTuesday Jan 2

Go to gym as planned
    Continue intermittent fasting.
    log calories
    Drink 60 oz water
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 thank you for starting the new year thread.

JFT: Love Myself!!
    1. Log on MFP daily and track+
    2. Fluids+
    3. daily vitamins 1/2
    4. drink a blender drink daily instead of meal :(
    5. afterwork activity 3xweek for 40 min+
    6. 5 things daily get rid of+
    7. 5 files daily go through+
    8. Clear off and keep clear kitchen table :(
    Now to make doing all an automatic routine and get done fast
    Same for tomorrow but also
    go by banks
    mileage w/sue and out to lunch
    appt re wt management in pm
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday (non work)
    1. Water :)
    2. Studio time :) Mark's quilt is almost 1/4 quilted! :)
    3. Brush and floss :)
    4. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Tuesday back to work
    1. Water
    2. Complete calendar year end reports
    3. Walk after work if hubby's up for it
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Today’s results
    Get up at 5am
  • mytime6630
    Options
    [
    I know I always get excited and have so much resolve at the beginning of each year, and then I end up fizzling out. I sure hope I can stick with it this year!!!

I KNOW this is going to be your year!!!! You have done so much last year in improving your life .... this is just the second phase now! Keep up the good work ..... we're all going to get there this year!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Beck Diet Solution: Day 2
    Day 2 of the Beck Diet Solution: Training your brain to think like a thin person (ending the binge eating)

Pick a diet plan you wish to follow.

Whether it be low carb, calorie counting, etc. This was easy for me, since I am just counting calories. The book says to pick 2 plans -- one to use as a backup. But for me, I am just trying to count calories.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    1) Lose the last post pregnancy 10 lbs. Ok so the twins are 4 but I still like to blame them.

My kids are 23 and 26 and they still get some of the blame. :laugh:
    khahn72856 wrote: »
    HI everyone, I have a grandiose 2018 dream. I would like this to be my best year! I am 61.
    56 here - oops! now its 2018 so I call myself 57. (It's easier to remember the age with the new year - like in racehorses) Keep to your dreams. It can't come real if you don't reach for it!

Hi everybody! I found the 2018 thread and I’m excited to be here! Today is my last day off and I’ll be returning to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off.

Welcome - are you a teacher? I am getting ready to leave a school district job and one thing I will miss is the winter break days off. I do accounting and systems work, but my husband is a teacher and he will still have the long winter break.

@bcTRA
    Nice work - beautiful dresses.

@Bex953172
    You are always such a great cheerleader! Thanks for keeping it up.

@joan6630
    Although I have left the burden of new years resolutions behind me it is hard to not set some new goals at the start of a new year. It is Day 1! (or it was - it's Jan 2 as I post thi@bcTRAI
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

@joan6630 hey there, I think I might join you on this as well. How many days does this book run?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

@joan6630 hey there, I think I might join you on this as well. How many days does this book run?

It runs for 40 days. I'll try and post each day's tasks. Love to have you join me on this!
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    I did the cards this morning and they're set beside my morning waking up space. Regarding day 2, counting calories pretty much works for me plus there are multiple accounting methods to use. Thanks.
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    @junodog1 Thanks much.