JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    I must share that yesterday I had to think to myself only think about today over and over, as I was waking up at 4:45 to workout. I exercised for 30 minutes, and packed my meal prepped items: oat fridge, date and oat snack balls, and boiled eggs. I didn't get a chance to make my lunch meals, so I opted for a salad from our local deli. Today, I again woke up early and exercised, thinking to myself, I hate it as I'm doing it, but feel proud after I accomplish it and only think about today.

JFT 1/3/2018
    30 minutes of activity :)
    drink 8 glasses of water
    track/write down what I eat
    Take Vitamins- AM :) & PM
    Mindful Activity- Journal

Doing the things we hate most give us a greater sense of accomplishment!

Sounds awesome what you’re doing!
    Do keep it up! It will get easier once it becomes the “norm” for you and then you won’t hate it as much!

Have you followed Joan and posting the Beck diet solution tasks?

Write down a response card. So when you’re exercising have it nearby! Write down on it why you’re doing your exercising in the morning!
    And by doing so what you will achieve!

It will remind you that as gruelling as exercise is you’re working towards a better you!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I just threw away $.75 and ..... about a half of bag of M&Ms candies!!! (They were on sale for 75 cents, but not worth it!) Now, to clean out the frid, and throw away all that junk food that has been making it so hard for me to get back on track! I have my meal planned for tonite, went to the gym, and hoping for a better day today!

Yes!
    Bin it all!
  • hadasul
    hadasul Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wednesday jft - (can't find yesterdays jft, maybe I didn't submit it? :o this is what I remember):
    log everything - done, but just at the end of the day
    laundry - done
    stay within calorie limit - done, just barely, better to log during the day

thursday jft-
    log while eating!
    stay within calorie goal
    buy a fitbit!(?) :smiley:
    go to sleep by 10:30 p.m.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A few days later....

Beck Diet Solution Day 1: Reasons I want to lose
    • Wear my wedding & engagement rings every day. I never had them resized when I gained weight 5 years ago, and Nov. 2017, I was finally able to put them on all the way, but not all day comfortably. I hate tight or stuck rings.
    • Continue to walk in my favorite 5K/10K events, into my next two decades. Maybe try some new events. Last year, I passed a gentleman during a 10K and later learned he was in his 80s. He finished under the cut-off time. I want to be like that.
    • Wear some of the clothes in my closet, that have not been worn for too long. They are classic and timeless, and flattering, if I say so myself.
    • Go clothes shopping & enjoy myself.
    • Improve my annual Health Risk Assessment score for employer's health insurance plan. Scores in the highest tier automatically pay the lowest insurance premiums. Last year, I improved my score for weight/BMI, but lost points on LDL and glucose. Reviewed scores and MFP food diary with work nurse, and realized I didn't eat so healthy the week before my blood draw. Lesson learned.
    • Sing with good breath control in choir. So much easier to breathe when waist of pants is not digging in.

Beck Diet Solution Day 2: Diet Plan
    Counting calories...basically CICO using MFP. I will lose weight in a liveable way. Normal meals and snacks for me, and the occasional adult beverage.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    headache. debating on swimming... :|
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Copied from post I placed in last year's thread where I posted it in error. :p

This year I hope to be on maintenance by year end. Been there before but it was scary tough just to think about. I was at a # that was not maintainable at the time so I'm not aiming at a concrete number this time. Just comfort and doability. I think it might be around 150 which means roughly 25 more to go. We'll see what transpires.

All time high was 240 in 1992. Previous maintenance was 137 at 5'8" maintained for 2 years.
    Now 55 and 5'6" with multiple health challenges. Stepped on the scale at 199 and didn't want to see that 2 pop up EVER AGAIN so signed up here and found this group. <3

Weekly weigh-in

Starting weight Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish

Progress so far:
    Jan 3: 176

October Challenge: --- goal weight for January 1: 179 - 174
    Actual weight is 176 but the holidays were a struggle, as they were for all. I think this challenge was a real help even though I found myself walking around muttering " no, put that down" a lot. I'm sure many people thought I was a bit loonie sometimes.

January goals
    Under 175. Less would be better but I'm aiming low as I have a couple of birthdays.
    Finish Mark's quilt and mail off.
    Medication on track. I tend to forget a dose when unscheduled things pop up and then don't feel well.
    Continue, from before seasonal challenges, decluttering entry.
    Accountability.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! 35 posts behind! That's awesome! :mrgreen:
    Just for Tuesday, 1/2/17
    Get up with alarm. No hitting the snooze button!!!!! :smile:
    Journal and stay in the green :)
    Hydrate, increase water intake from Monday :)
    Read Advantage Response cards x5 :)
    Read Beck Diet Solution... :)
    30 minutes cardio; 10 reps light hand weights :(
    Smile. Be kind. One random act of kindness. :)
    Prep for tomorrow by packing lunch, setting out clothes. :)
    One hour before bed, unplug and write in gratitude journal, Simple Abundance Chapter and begin "Read the Bible in One Year" :)

I'm on late, so I'll post tomorrow's goals tonight. Tomorrow will be a little tough since our boss is taking us out to a Mexican food restaurant tomorrow. I'll have to look at menu ahead of time and pick a healthy dish out.

Just for Thursday
    • Stay in the green
    • Increase water intake
    • Hit my step goal
    • Read Beck Advantages Response cards x 4 or 5
    • Eat only when sitting down.
    • Make a healthy choice at restaurant
    • Learn at least one new thing at work tomorrow (recently started a new job)
    • Prep for Friday on Thursday night.
    • Unplug an hour early and read something inspirational, write in gratitude journal also. Then read more of the mystery I'm in the middle of!
    • Take one hour for some "me" time...whatever I feel like doing to recharge.
    • Wake up without hitting snooze 4 times!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Stay positive!! This has been a struggle lately bc society puts so much pressure on being the "perfect" pregnant woman, :grimace: I always gain weight everywhere!! (Not just my belly!) Yesterday my kiddos and I ate out while running errands and a waitress criticized me for eating a burger! I am willing to sacrifice my body for the health of my baby and he is above average for his gestational age!! Meaning he is a healthy little guy!! Luckily my hubby is there for me :heart: After I told him what happened, he said don't listen to selfish people, your pretty and he said he is very attracted to me!! That helps but society makes it hard to get out and run errands without stress over this. (I only eat burgers on rare occasions when I want to eat red meat. Usually I eat, turkey, chicken, salads, fruits, etc.)

Sorry for the rant!! I'm just going out shopping today and people just are not very nice sometimes. It brings me down a bit and it effects my ability to finish the day strong!! I need to be productive today and I really need people to leave me alone regarding my pregnancy. My doctors are happy, my hubby is happy and my baby is healthy :blush:

WTH?!!!! Who the hell does that? I would have told her to bite me and then ordered a double bacon cheeseburger! I'm sorry you were treated like that. When I was pregnant, I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted....of course, here I am now and my "baby" is 35 years old! :wink:

Sending you big hugs!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    i did not eat the chocolate covered almonds in my snack pack!!!

These are my weakness!! You are stronger than me!! If I have chocolate covered almonds around, I will eat them. So I just make sure to never have any around, Lol :joy:
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Great detail on your reasons for wanting to lose weight. I think being specific like that will really help you visualize your goal.