JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Why are child tranquillisers not a thing?

3 hours later and the 2 year old is still at it.
    We've done everything and now are just leaving her to cry.
    There's just nothing more we can do for her. She's been back downstairs 3 times, in our bedroom once, had a snack. Had a drink, had cuddles, had a story, everything.
    We've both given up. She will eventually..

4 year old is now sleeping on the sofa because of her.

They are a thing.... Calpol...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/MichaelMcIntyreFans/videos/1748158455205565/&ved=0ahUKEwik3fOlia3cAhXL_aQKHb9EB6sQtwIIKDAB&usg=AOvVaw3K4DbaOlTx6QCMgvzY2bfm

I'm pretty sure Michael McIntyre is NOT recommending dosing kids up on Calpol routinely (and neither am I... although... Did you take it as a kid too? It's so tasty!)...

...But thought it might make you chuckle!

You might also like this one, in which he recommends death threats:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qrn8dla424

All parents have the same problems it seems!

Ahshah I love MM

This has set my day off just right lol!
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    rdevol wrote: »
    @Bex: Hey girl! Long time no see! Wow, I feel for you - three little ones to care for and one of them having sleep issues. :( I remember my (now 17-year-old) daughter going through something similar and how frustrating it was. Wish I had some advice, but I don't except "This too shall pass". Hang in there, Bex!

Ahh man, I recognise your username but from wherrrrre?
    Was it from that group?

I don't mind the regressions so much. I mean yeah it's a pain in the *kitten* but I think knowing why she's doing it helps lol! It's not her being a nightmare it's just the way they develop! Definitely dealing with it better than I did my first, well with my first I had no clue!

Yes - it was from that group. :) Sorry, should've identified myself. Hope that, other than the sleep issues, things are going well with you.
  • Bex953172
    @Bex: Hey girl! Long time no see! Wow, I feel for you - three little ones to care for and one of them having sleep issues. :( I remember my (now 17-year-old) daughter going through something similar and how frustrating it was. Wish I had some advice, but I don't except "This too shall pass". Hang in there, Bex!

Ahh man, I recognise your username but from wherrrrre?
    Was it from that group?

I don't mind the regressions so much. I mean yeah it's a pain in the *kitten* but I think knowing why she's doing it helps lol! It's not her being a nightmare it's just the way they develop! Definitely dealing with it better than I did my first, well with my first I had no clue!

Yes - it was from that group. :) Sorry, should've identified myself. Hope that, other than the sleep issues, things are going well with you.

Yess totally, things are a bit up and down just like life but got up on the right side of bed this morning!

Are you joining this JFT thread :)
  • Bex953172
    @jeschepp I watched the Ted Talk with Mel Robbins this morning with a cup of tea.
    And oh my god. Where have you been with this video all my life. She was SO spot on!

I actually want to come over and hug you right now! I feel like this is the cornerstone of me actually getting my chaos into some sort of organisation.
    I've done SO much this morning.. Like above and beyond what I normally do!

EVERYONE needs to watch the Ted Talk she's posted!
    I've also spent my morning on YouTube finding more videos from her saving for my watch later list :)

Thank you thank you thank you!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    I just realized I misnamed my days yesterday and called my Wednesday wrapup Just For Thursday and my Thursday goals just for Friday. Whoops! :open_mouth:

So wrap up of Thursday's goals (and it ain't pretty folks)

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal. :)
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water before having a soda. :neutral: Didn't drink enough water OR a soda yesterday.
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening. :neutral: Forgot to do this last night before passing out.
    4. Recycle glass! :neutral:
    5. Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am. :neutral:

So...yeah. That was a thing. Moving on.

Just for Friday (actual Friday this time!):

1. Log everything I eat and stay under goal.
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water before work.
    3. Physical therapy morning and evening.
    4. Aldi shopping.
    5. Recycle glass
    6. Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY (Thursday 7/19/18)
    1) Log all my food :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :)
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke :)
    5) Go to the gym :)
    6) Complete 3 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Friday 7/20/18)
    1) Log all my food
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    5) Go to the gym
    6) Have fun camping this weekend!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap R 7/19 Sticking w/ plan & weekend gain gone ~ yay!
    1) Walked dog before work & saw cranes again / 3.35 mi 1:00:20 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green & monitor usual = Net calories -154, sodium -1002 (oops), sugar -37 (evening snack attack of 10 peanut M&Ms on top of usual), fiber excellent, protein good & 12c water :/ Snack attack was not part of plan. :/
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,264 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 40 floors :smiley:
    4) Evening: try different farmers market (will miss Sat.) :D forgot to verify location & bought from farm stand instead / grocery shop :| just essentials / mail doc to advisor :smiley: / prep veggie for F snack :| not needed ~ again didn't eat kohlrabi in afternoon / 1-2 to-do's :smiley: assembled all ingredients for black bean salsa, organized stuff for Sat. family party
    5) Unplug 9:00 :| closed MFP diary late / floss :smiley: DDS appt in 10 days / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 ~ I really need more sleep! :| not sure time / F 6:30 a.m. alarm ~ rest day = sad dog

JFT F 7/20 Scattered showers & rest day = sad dog
    1) Usual snacks, breakfast & lunch / supper not sure yet but will prelog when decided / net calories w/i 100 green
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Work: submit status update 3 p.m. + request deadline extension due to issues / document new steps required for project / select test sample so ready to begin M a.m.
    4) Lots to do today: pick up race packet for Sat. / prep race clothes / choose clothes for Sat. / "wrap" SIL Xmas present (we pre-ordered book which finally shipped) / write check for car pmt / program DVR / chop onions & peppers for black bean salsa
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15

Sat. is Packers 5K 8 a.m. then hubby & I leave town for day (3 hrs round trip) for middle brother's annual summer party. So I'm going to list my goals for tomorrow as well:

JF tomorrow Sat. 7/21
    1) Eat breakfast by 6:30 & leave 7:15 for race (thank goodness it's not a far drive for me)
    2) 9th annual Packers 5K ~ I've done every one so far ~ goal is < 45:00
    3) Shower & change
    4) Toss together black bean salsa
    5) Pack chairs, hats, food, SIL Xmas gift, check for dad, camera in hubby's car
    6) Enjoy middle brother's annual summer party! Not logging food or adult beverages this day + no regrets :p
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited July 2018
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Drink lots of water :)
    3. Meds AM and PM :| 4 out of 6
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Be kind :)
    6. 10 wall push ups/bathroom trip >:)
    7. Call in RX to CVS >:) Still have some left so this is not dire, but that's what I'm trying to avoid.
    8. Lunch outside :) Picked some fresh raspberries while we were out too!
    9. Dog walk :) Fastest pace and strongest feeling walk since I started in April!!! :#

My head is in a million places - so I'm trying to give myself some grace on forgetting things. BUT medicines are important and I'm still forever working to improve that habit. Same with the bathroom work outs.

@nickssweetheart - You are not alone. ME, DH, and TWO other people at work ALL thought it was Friday yesterday. One even forgot again at the end of the day and nearly melted down at the thought of another day of the week!!! :D:D:D

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Meds AM and PM
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. 10 Wall push ups/bathroom trip
    6. Be kind
    7. Dog walk
    8. Smart lunch choice because I want pizza or raviolis for dinner

I spent last night thinking about goals again. In one month we will hopefully be in our new house. I want to have habits strong enough to last through some upheaval of what is regular. In one month I hope to be saying goodbye to the 190's. In one month I also hope to have purged clutter and unneeded possessions.
    In two months I hope to have re-established some normalcy as far as habits and routines go. I want to have saved at least one extra month of mortgage payments and feel comfortable with our new budget.
    In three months I hope to be hitting my second goal of 182 which will bring my BMI from obese to overweight. In three months I hope to be mostly unpacked!
    For now I'm only focusing on three months at a time because I'm feeling a little overwhelemed - but I've got a positive can do attitude!!!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited July 2018
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited July 2018
    bcTRAI wrote: »

Thank you!! We miss you on this thread! I hope things are going OK for you. And I love the cake .... how cute!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Why are child tranquillisers not a thing?

3 hours later and the 2 year old is still at it.
    We've done everything and now are just leaving her to cry.
    There's just nothing more we can do for her. She's been back downstairs 3 times, in our bedroom once, had a snack. Had a drink, had cuddles, had a story, everything.
    We've both given up. She will eventually..

4 year old is now sleeping on the sofa because of her.

They are a thing.... Calpol...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/MichaelMcIntyreFans/videos/1748158455205565/&ved=0ahUKEwik3fOlia3cAhXL_aQKHb9EB6sQtwIIKDAB&usg=AOvVaw3K4DbaOlTx6QCMgvzY2bfm

I'm pretty sure Michael McIntyre is NOT recommending dosing kids up on Calpol routinely (and neither am I... although... Did you take it as a kid too? It's so tasty!)...

...But thought it might make you chuckle!

You might also like this one, in which he recommends death threats:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qrn8dla424

All parents have the same problems it seems!

HE IS HILARIOUS! Oh my gosh, it's SO TRUE too! BWAHAHAHA! I'm giggling out loud at my desk!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »

@nickssweetheart - You are not alone. ME, DH, and TWO other people at work ALL thought it was Friday yesterday. One even forgot again at the end of the day and nearly melted down at the thought of another day of the week!!! :D:D:D

I thought the same thing yesterday! Last night I was watching TV enjoying the fact that I didn't have to get up to an alarm in the morning and then I realized it was Thursday night! UGH. Was such a disappointment! LOL!

@cschmitz110515 Good luck at the Packers 5k!!! Have fun!

@mytime6630 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a very special day, my friend. You certainly deserve it! (((HUGS)))

@bcTRAI Nice to see you pop on! That cake is the cutest thing I think I've ever seen! LOVE it!

@Bex953172 I'm glad to hear you sounding in better spirits today! xoxo I'm definitely going to watch the TED talk. I am also the Queen of Procrastination. It actually should be my middle name....

• Bex953172
    @mytime6630 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    I hope you're having a lovely day!

Remember, in MFP World, birthdays do not need to be logged and your calorie intake goes with you to the grave hahaha

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    @mytime6630 HaPpY BiRtHdAy Joan! Wishing you a wonderful day!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Thank you all so much for the b-day wishes! I am 67 today .... wow ... that does sound old!! But, I don't mind getting older .... I have outlived 4 of my siblings, so I am grateful for my health! And ... I am so grateful for all of you guys. Even though I am still not at my scale-weight goal, I feel stronger than I did last year. I can easily go to the gym and be on the treadmill for 90 minutes, and not get out of breath. I am working on keeping my posture straight.... I just don't want to look old, or feel or act old!

My goals for this weekend will be simple .... just try and eat as healthy as I can.
    @Bex .... I love what you said .... calories don't count today!!! :D But we are just going to the fish fry (like we do most fridays!). Nothing special.
    But ... our son, his new girlfriend, 2 of her kids, and our 2 grandsons are coming into town tomorrow morning .... so that will be fun! They want us to go to Six Flags with them. Hubby is not too excited, but I convinced him just the walking will be good, and its a chance to see all of them. They are leaving sunday morning though, so its a quick trip, but it will be nice.
    Hope you all have a good weekend!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    @jeschepp I watched the Ted Talk with Mel Robbins this morning with a cup of tea.
    And oh my god. Where have you been with this video all my life. She was SO spot on!

I actually want to come over and hug you right now! I feel like this is the cornerstone of me actually getting my chaos into some sort of organisation.

I've also spent my morning on YouTube finding more videos from her saving for my watch later list :)

I was interested in the video @jeschepp shared and procrastinated watching it. I'll do that before bed tonight for sure!
  • Snowflake1968
    @mytime6630 - Happy Birthday!!!! It sounds like you will have a great day with your family tomorrow :)
  • Bex953172

I was interested in the video @jeschepp shared and procrastinated watching it. I'll do that before bed tonight for sure!

You'll never procrastinate again if you do 😂
  • Snowflake1968
    Just a quick check in - I took the Grands to the parade this morning, it was raining when I left home along with thunder and lightning, but it stopped and the sun came out for a beautiful time at the parade. There is a Tornado Warning for the city this afternoon though and the clouds are starting to roll in again.

Michaela was still asleep when I arrived to pick them up so I told them we would grab breakfast at the parade. They had frosted cinnamon rolls and donuts with raspberry lemonade. It's OK, I'm Grammie, I can sugar them up and then take them home!

We got our breakfast and started walking along the sidewalk to find our spot and came across Lauryn's best friend and her whole family. My Grands call her Auntie B, so we ended up sitting with them. It was wonderful. She has a 2 year old as well, her name is Charlotte and she really wasn't interested in the parade at all. These pictures are of the three kids.

gk3rjpesttwu.jpg
    iokef2qbnya6.jpg
    u9yjbynnji9i.jpg