JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My goals for the last week were to drink a ton of water and minimize snacking. I'm very proud to say that while I was at camp for the last week I did not have one single snack!! I ate the food provided at meal times and that was it! That was a huge accomplishment for me. As far as water goes... I started off drinking a ton the first three days and then I drank hardly any the last half of the week, which was actually warmer and drier. Oops! But I got a ton of walking in during the week and overall I am pleased.
    Back to work tonight, so my goals will look familiar.

Goals for today:
    Stay under my 1409 calorie goal
    Track all calories consumed
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water
    No additional snacks at work
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I wanted to share this as there are so many of us that seem to have a love of ice cream. This is a satire site that I follow from my home province. I don't know who the writer is but he/she makes me laugh quite frequently.

https://themanatee.net/woman-acutely-aware-of-amount-of-ice-cream-in-freezer/

My eyes are watering as I read this to my husband. It's all true - even the bit about the chips at the end. Chocolate chips.

OMG! This is hilarious! I could have written it myself! bwahaha! thanks for the giggle!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @PackerFaninGB, do you like chinese food? One of my easy "veg loading" is the stir fry veg that they sell frozen by the pound...just drop it in boiling water for 30 seconds and drain, or stir fry on the stove and then toss with soy sauce and garlic powder and sesame seeds. Delicious and really fills you with the veggies.

I do love Chinese food! After reading this, a lightbulb went on in my head of what I'm making for dinner tonight. :mrgreen: We are having beef stir fry. YUM! I'll even substitue riced cauliflower for rice. Good deal....Thanks for the idea!

@Faebert Have a wonderful holiday! Just be in the moment. These moments are really what life is all about. :heart:

@Bex953172 I laughed out loud at your 'When the heck did I write these goals...' comment! LOL! You, my friend, make me smile. :wink:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just for Friday:
    :star: Log every bite, good and bad
    :star: Read my Advantages Response cards at least twice
    :star: Read Day 7 of Beck's Diet Solution
    :star: Talk to DH about being one of my coaches. As I suspected, he is more than willing to support me in this journey. Pretty sure he's thinking of the advantage of having more ice cream for him! LOL
    :naughty: Pay bills Moved to today
    :star: Complete 3 tasks at work and mark off list
    :star: Throw in load of laundry and pick up laundry room
    :heartbreak: Get ready to go fishing tomorrow morning: poles & tackle box, boat, snacks/water (after I watch forecast). Temps are perfect, but raining off and on and the waves are too high for our little fishing boat, so maybe tomorrow or next weekend.
    :naughty: Gratitude journal, :naughty: Simple Abundance reading, :naughty: pre-log tomorrow's meals, :star: watch a movie with DH. Just enjoyed watching a movie with DH last night. Was just in the present moment and fell asleep almost immediately when I went to bed, so no journaling or reading.

Today I have decided to just be in the present momet. I have stacks of papers that I need to actually do something with before I can toss or file. I have some clutter going on in a few rooms that is driving me crazy. I have the urge to putz in the kitchen today (which is totally unlike me). So I think basically I'm nesting today. :smile: I'm going to go with those urges and just enjoy the day.

Just for Saturday, 7/21:
    Journal every bite
    Be in the present moment today / unplug except for MFP
    Find one new healthy recipe to try this weekend
    1 lb veggies / 2 servings fruit
    Be patient and kind
    Listen to "listen", not to respond / do not interrupt
    Tiny Habits
    Low impact activity - 15 minutes
    Becks Diet Solution Day 8 / Read Advantages cards / Make new Advantages cards for situations
    Mark some tasks off of my to-do list
    Gratitude journal / Simple Abundance daily reading / update bullet journal
    Get up early again tomorrow

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'll pop on later and check in. xoxo

Tiny Habits:
    After I get dressed, I will eat breakfast.
    After a commercial comes on the TV, I will get off my butt and move.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Drink lots of water :)
    3. Meds AM and PM :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. 10 Wall push ups/bathroom trip :)
    6. Be kind :)
    7. Dog walk :|
    8. Smart lunch choice because I want pizza or raviolis for dinner :) lunch was not the issue, it was the handful and a half of peanuts I could not resist after dinner.

Late check in but...
    1. Call landlord
    2. Log all food
    3. Dog walk
    4. Dog bath
    5. Be kind
    6. Meds am and pm
  • kaimbf123
    kaimbf123 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    kaimbf123 wrote: »
    completion report

JULY 20 GOALS:

✔️ Stick to shake/supplement plan
    ✔️ Stay at my calorie goal (ideally 1500 calories *or under* but up to 1600)
    calories: 1339
    ✔️ Workout at gym
    75 mins treadmill, punching bag & free weights/squats
    ✔️ Take a couple minutes to stretch and breathe deep
  • kaimbf123
    Options
    JULY 21 GOALS:

🔲 Stick to shake/supplement plan
    🔲 Stay at my calorie goal (ideally 1500 calories *or under* but up to 1600)
    🔲 Workout at gym
    🔲 Take a couple minutes to stretch and breathe deep
    🔲 Clean house, general pickup
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    oops no goals posted today.

I drank all my water, did most of the grocery shopping (I have another store to go to), and stayed under my calories today. I also got no exercise and napped the afternoon away. Seriously. I slept from around 4 to 8:30. I have no idea why.

Goals for tomorrow (Sunday, iirc. ;) )

1. Drink 8 glasses pure water before drinking anything else.
    2. Log all food and stay under goal.
    3. Finish grocery shopping.
    4. Do the laundry.
    5. Load and run the dishwasher. (If you're sensing a theme here, you're right!)
    6. Yoga routine
    7. Physcal therapy morning and evening.
    8. Kitchen closed, brush teeth, and in bed by 1 am.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Well, I did stay under my calories until I had two tofurky sandwiches. Bah.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Typing on my phone so it’ll be short!

For today:
    Start planning for next week's trip-oops. Does shopping for it count?
    Run errands ✅
    Do maximum pushups able-:(
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups :(
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Start planning for next week's trip
    Prep for Monday workday
    Do maximum pushups able
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • kaimbf123
    Options
    kaimbf123 wrote: »
    completion report

JULY 21 GOALS:
    ✅ Stick to shake/supplement plan
    ✅ Stay at my calorie goal (ideally 1500 calories *or under* but up to 1600)
    calories: 1542
    ✅ Workout at gym
    70 mins mostly treadmill, some punching bag & free weights/squats
    ✅ Take a couple minutes to stretch and breathe deep
    ✅ Clean house, general pickup
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Goals for yesterday:
    Stay under my 1409 calorie goal ✔
    Track all calories consumed ✔
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work ✔ ✔
    No additional snacks at work ✔

Same goals for today:
    Stay under my 1409 calorie goal
    Track all calories consumed
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No additional snacks at work
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday July 21
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green by 150 - :/ so close -- 120
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Walk - :)
    Clean and laundry - :) - Realized htere wasn't enough laundry to make it worth while to go to the laundromat, but cleaned the house and organized and cleaned out some toy areas in the house.

JFT - Sunday July 22
    2L of Water
    Today is relaxed day for calories, but will try to stay in maintenance
    Outside 15 Minutes
    No Exercise

Having a busy day today, met a friend for coffee at 8, then Lauryn and the Grands came to visit. Made a our usual breakfast, still need to clean up from that. We are meeting Kaitlyn and her "maids" at 2 to try on the girls' dresses. Rodger will come collect Jonah and rescue him from the girls when he is off work. After the dress shopping, we are going out for a meal. Tonight Lauryn and I are going to see the Beach Boys at the fair tonight. I am hoping the standing and dancing at the concert will help burn off some of the calories as it's not even lunch time and I only have 149 calories left for the day.

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

It's been a day or two, hasn't it? Yesterday was a really good day, busy but good. There was a street festival in downtown. The DH and I got there around 10:30 to set up my Mom's booth. She had a doctors appointment so she was a little late. But we got it all carried over and set up for her. I then walked around for a bit with the DH and hung out with Mom. At 1:30 I went to my bank's table and hung out for a little while. The festival was supposed to be until 6 but it started to POUR so we all closed down at 4. Lol I spent a lot of time walking around a one block area. Lol. Proud of Mom too. She got a couple of sales and made her rent for August. I also got to pray for her because she was nervous and flustered. She calmed down after that. Lol. The DH and I then spent the rest of the night just hanging out.

I started listening to podcasts a few days ago. I found this hysterical one called "Drunks and Dragons" which is pretty much a group of friends playing Dungeons and Dragons while drinking. Lol. They aren't blatant about their drinking but you can definitely tell as the game goes on. Lol. So the DH and I listened to one of them and he was laughing a lot too.

We slept in until 11:15 this morning. We were going to go to church this morning but when the alarm went off I told the DH to turn it off and not reset it. I have no recollection of that. Lol. It felt good to spend some time in bed with him.

Right now I have laundry going and chicken in the crock that I was supposed to do yesterday. Lol.

So on to my list, I supposed :)

JFT, 7/22/18

1. Finish laundry
    2. DO THE DISHES
    3. No nap!
    4. Fold and put away laundry
    5. Clear off tables
    6. Watch Youtube/FPU videos
    7. Hang out with the DH
    8. Shower by 9
    9. Tech off by 10
    10. Bed by 11

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Saturday, 7/21:
    :star: Journal every bite
    :star: Be in the present moment today / unplug except for MFP
    :naughty: Find one new healthy recipe to try this weekend
    :star: 1 lb veggies / 2 servings fruit
    :naughty: Be patient and kind
    :star: Listen to "listen", not to respond / do not interrupt
    :naughty: Low impact activity - 15 minutes
    :star: Becks Diet Solution Day 8 / Read Advantages cards / Make new Advantages cards for situations
    :star: Mark some tasks off of my to-do list
    :star: Gratitude journal / :star: Simple Abundance daily reading / :naughty: update bullet journal
    :wink: Get up early again tomorrow

Monthly Challenge(s): :smile: Water / :smile: Self Care / :smile: Mindfulness / :smile: Planning

Tiny Habits:
    :star: After I get dressed, I will eat breakfast.
    :naughty: After a commercial comes on the TV, I will get off my butt and move.

Yesterday was like a rollercoaster emotionally. I did not remain patient. I tried, but my buttons really got pushed and I blew up. I felt horrible afterwards. I tend to keep my mouth shut and try to keep the peace all the time...but when I have had enough, then I have REALLY had enough. Everything is fine now, and I guess I'm glad I made it through the day and night without chowing down on ice cream. How's THAT for "glass is half full" thinking? :mrgreen:

Spent most of the afternoon today on the couch with a heating pad. My DH went with me to Walmart to pick up a few things, but 5 minutes into the store I was limping. I sure hope I hear news about my MRI's tomorrow and I hope it's an easy fix! :smirk:

Just for Sunday:
    Journal every bite
    Stay in the green
    Beck Diet Solution Day 9 / read Advantage cards / make new ones as needed
    Pack tomorrow's B/L/Snack for work tomorrow and pre-log it
    Pick out tomorrow's clothes and make sure they are ironed and ready to go.
    Me time: Mani/Pedi or bubble bath? Yoga DVD? Plant perennials? Body Groove dance workout? (Pick one)
    Update bullet journal with this week's tasks
    Unplugged by 8:00 / Gratitude journal / Simple Abundance daily reading / Podcasts
    Read a book until lights out at 10pm
    Up early tomorrow with NO SNOOZE ALARM!

Monthly Challenge(s): Water / Self Care / Mindfulness / Planning

Tiny Habits:
    After I get dressed, I will eat breakfast.
    After a commercial comes on the TV, I will get off my butt and move.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Had a great afternoon with Kaitlyn and her maids choosing dresses. This is all of them in the right style but the colour will be biscotti. Also look at Michaela, we didn’t choose hers today we let her try some on to be part of “Girls Day”
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Had a great afternoon with Kaitlyn and her maids choosing dresses. This is all of them in the right style but the colour will be biscotti. Also look at Michaela, we didn’t choose hers today we let her try some on to be part of “Girls Day”

Absolutely beautiful! All of them. Your daughter will be such a beautiful bride! Michaela looks like a sweet little princess!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I'm deffo spending too much time on here. I just had to ask my partner what we call "soda" in the UK..

What do you call it? I grew up calling it "pop". Then I moved to Wisconsin as a teenager and everyone here called it soda. My mom still calls it pop. :smile:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Well today turned out to be a total bust. The DH and I allergies were terrible this morning so we both took Benadryl...really bad idea. We took it around 12pm and we're still feeling the effects at 10:30 at night. I got a bunch done but spent most of the day on the couch listening to podcasts and kind of ignoring Matt. He was feeling worse then I was and I guess I took some things out on him. Well it was more of internalzing some frustrated feelings. I really shouldnt hold it against him. Just makes me upset because today could have been so good. It's going to be our only day off together for at least 2 weeks. :/ But I ate my feelings. I probably would have been okay if the DH didnt get out the jar of peanut butter. I had 3 or 4 scoops topped with reese peanut butter puffs cereal. After that it was trail mix and teddy grahams. So needless to say, I dont feel well at all. Idk. I just am not in a good place right now. It's probably disappointment mixed with the after effects of Benadryl.