Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    The dog just ate my cake. *angry eye twitch*

Whoever is "up there", certainly is pooping on me today :lol:

What a day! We had our car broken into once as well. It's a pain in the butt. I am very careful about not keeping anything in my vehicles, but I did lose a brand new CD that I had just received as a gift. (Yes, I am aging myself).

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the dog eating your cake. I can imagine the frustration but maybe "whoever is up there" was trying to save you calories so you weren't upset with yourself for eating the emotions of the break in.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So I "thought" I was having a good day today, then tonite after dinner, I was just craving something sweet. Last nite I bought some chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joes ... so I grabbed a handful. I thought OK, here is a little more protein (you know ... almonds have protein!) I even counted them out ... I ate 12 of them.
    So as I am logging my food ..... 1/4 cup of these darn almonds are 210 calories! Do you know how many fit into 1/4 cup .... only about 5 of them!! So, I logged 420 calories for something I scarfed down in about 5 minutes... and certainly did not even need.
    So my calorie count for today is 1648 :'(
    I am really tired since I worked outside in the yard all day and was on my feet, so hopefully with that I will be ok .... but I think I'll force myself for a 4 mile walk to salvage the day. At least I'll be super tired when I get home .... and no more food! Note to self: Next time ... look up things before you eat!

MMMMM chocolate covered almonds, they are one of my favourite chocolate treats when I want chocolate. Crazy how high in calories they are. It reminds me of a joke I read the other day, an old lady on the bus kept giving the bus driver peanuts. He finally said to her why aren't you eating them yourself, she says. I can't chew the peanuts, I just lick the chocolate off. I bet she saved some calories LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Just caught up with JFT posts ~ so many of us are struggling, me included. I haven't posted JFT since last Thurs. 7/26. Started Th. with dinner out with sister-in-law & niece that started with good intentions, pre-selected my dinner, and ordered appetizer of shrimp cocktail b/c that was an option I gave myself. Then also ordered cup of French onion soup b/c niece did ~ so yummy! Plus wine (mmm). Fri. was staff lunch & meeting, with food from local grocer's deli section, and not the healthiest options either. Sat. too. many. sweets. At least the giant cookie is gone. Should've turned down hubby when he got out ice cream after supper. Oh yeah, peanut M&Ms have had a hold on me lately too. Sun. hubby suggested fast food so I wouldn't have to cook ~ although tbh it was the first time in weeks, maybe a month, that we ate fast food. At least I ordered small fries and little burger, and no chocolate shake. I didn't close my MFP diary some of those days... just didn't want to see the numbers. Today was crazy busy, with dentist appt. before work, prof. org. board meeting in afternoon, and really need to get work project going full blast. Eating under control more today, so maybe I just needed a break. Tomorrow I will update my weekly weigh-in (from Sat.) a/k/a the truth. And I will take time to post JFT goals, even if they are the usual... it's helps me keep on track & be accountable. Night all!

I feel that I need that break once in a while too. I think that is part of the balance. You can't deny yourself all the time or, for me anyway, it just gets to be too much and I give up.
  • Snowflake1968
    edited July 2018
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    My heart is so heavy for everyone struggling today. What I love most about this group is the realness. We share the successes, the many struggles along the way, the cravings, the times we give-in, our insecurities. I didn't expect to connect so much to an online group, but I couldn't ask for a better crew. Was feeling pretty insecure and inadequate today, and every post about someone struggling helped me see I am not alone. I'm human, and this healthy living stuff is tough. Sending out hugs and positive vibes to everyone. We'll get there, one step at a time (with a few backwards and then sideways before a few more get us back on track :smile: )

Love this, so true. I have found this group to be the best support there is. I never understood online groups before. My daughter is part of a couple of Mom groups online. One of them she quit because of bullying but the second one she really enjoys. She says the support and knowing you're not alone has helped her a lot. I get it now, it makes sense. I tried for years to get her away from them especially the first one because I didn't think they were healthy for her. I think I should apologize to her now.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. One thing at a time :)
    2. Be kind and patient :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Eat when hungry - stop when full :| Well I started eating a graham cracker after I closed my diary, realized I was not actually hungry, so I stopped. :)
    5. Meds AM and PM :)

FINALLY picked up my refill RX! Hooray! Landlady called yesterday and said they already have two showings set up, Thursday at 4 and Saturday at 12. I naturally freaked out as I thought they were waiting until we vacated - the house is a mess, there are things we wanted to pack before we let strangers in, STRANGERS IN MY HOUSE. I'm just a natural worrier. Need to manage this stress in a healthy way, my head is already bumping with a headache this morning. Soooo...

JFT Tuesday
    1. Lots of water
    2. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    3. Be patient and kind
    4. Log all food
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. One thing at a time - tonights focus; bedroom and bathroom - back hall next up - then kitchen/pantry on Weds.
    7. Pick up half and half at farm
    8. Empty car
    9. Shred box of mail

I had this conversation with a friend of mine last night. I learned years ago when my youngest was diagnosed with panic attacks at age 9 that worrying, anxiety, etc is all hereditary. It is how the brain is wired. I thought it must have skipped me because I didn't feel I worried too much but I knew my Mom, Grandfather and Brother all suffered from it horribly.

Last year when I thought my life was falling apart I started having panic attacks, I thought I was having a heart attack. I needed to do something, I started praying and reading a devotional. I honestly did it because I promised a friend I would, not because I really felt it would work. I have found though after a year of doing this I don't really worry much anymore.
    How will this bill get paid? What if it doesn't? - It happened, we lost a house and a truck. We survived.
    What if I lose my job? - It happened, I was fired. I survived
    What if there is an illness in the family? - It happened, my Dad passed. I survived.
    What if my husband doesn't love me anymore? - I asked, he did love me, he didn't like me much anymore and didn't think I liked him. He was right, we needed to work on a lot. It was worth it, we are surviving
    What is unicorns start falling out of the sky? - Well you get my point.....

I had been a worrier, but I was so used to the feeling of being worried and anxious that I didn't know what the feeling of peace was. I believe now I know what peace is. I still worry once in a while about things, it's human I think. I just don't let it control me. Things are going to happen and I'm going to survive them. I will learn from them and I will grow from them. I write in journal mostly every night now to show myself what is positive in my life. I have so much to be grateful for and when I acknowledge those things the rest seems to fall into place easier. I hope you get your worrying under control before it controls you. Trust me, you will be forever thankful that you did.

As for strangers in your house, you are preparing for a move, they are too if they are looking. They are looking for where the furniture will go and what colour the flooring is not if you are a tidy housekeeper. :) Deep breaths you have this!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Goals for yesterday:
    Make chili for work lunches ✔
    Water plants ✔
    Go for a walk ✔
    Read Bible ✔
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal ✔
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work: nope, in fact I did not have even one sip of water all shift!! Yikes!
    No extra snacking at work ✔

Goals for today:
    Read Bible
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacking at work

I find it so hard to get caught up on my water intake if I miss some. I understand your frustration.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday July 30
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - 176
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Work on Applications - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    I just noticed I didn't even put a goal for any exercise in. I did walk 5.76 kms at a 12:03 pace. Much slower, but my back and feet are hurting terribly.
    I also did some stretching exercises that are supposed to help the back. It's not feeling like it helped this morning, but it will probably take time.

JFT - Tuesday July 31
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Work on Applications
    Set up some meetings
    Swim
    Stretch
    Write in Journal

I have swim lessons again tonight. Working on my breathing some more. I think I panic a little bit that if I pause long enough to take a deep breath I will sink. I learned last week how to glide on my side, if I can master that I think I might get this breathing down yet!

I am picking up my youngest from the airport this afternoon. She has been in Vegas since Saturday for the National Association of Hairdresser Awards. She was a little concerned she would end up being "trip Mama" because most of her classmates are 18-19 and she is 27. I think she must have had to play that role a bit, she said she has lots of drama stories to tell me. Should be a fun drive.

My back is in a lot of pain, so is the top of my left foot. I went for a walk last night because I really needed to do something for exercise and I feel that my back feels better the more I move. My foot hurt to stand on this morning though. Sitting is the worse thing I can do for my back, and sitting for almost 9 hours at the race on Saturday without proper support (bleachers) really didn't help anything. I'm hoping it starts to feel better in the next couple of days because I have an 8 hour drive ahead of me on Friday and then back home on Sunday.

I am going to Popeye's today for lunch to meet my former co-worker that always insists on KFC. I have to look at the menu and see what I can find that is healthier on it. I have never eaten there, so hopefully I find something.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

What a day! We had our car broken into once as well. It's a pain in the butt. I am very careful about not keeping anything in my vehicles, but I did lose a brand new CD that I had just received as a gift. (Yes, I am aging myself).

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the dog eating your cake. I can imagine the frustration but maybe "whoever is up there" was trying to save you calories so you weren't upset with yourself for eating the emotions of the break in.

LOL oh so getting another slice wasn't what I was supposed to do? :lol:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

LOL oh so getting another slice wasn't what I was supposed to do? :lol:

LOL Well, in your shoes I probably would have too!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    So here goes my JFT
    Monday, July 30
    1. log ALL food :) --- Yes, allmost 1700 calories :/ But the positive was that I was outside on my feet all day long, and then went for a walk to try and offset those darn almonds!
    2. Water challenge -- 8 cups of water :/ Need to work on this better
    3. mindful eating :) I was doing mindful eating ... even counted out 12 choc covered almonds. Just didn't realize how many calories there was in them!
    4. work in garden ... transplant periannals..... fertilize all plants :)
    5. organize one more closet .... make donation pile even bigger.... time to declutter! :/ Way too tired
    6. get back on here. Be accountable :)

Busy day again. I find I need to get on here in the evenings because my mornings are so hectic. A late start, so I didn't get to the gym till 30 minutes past when I normally do. But ... at least I started my day out that way.

JFT, Tues July 31
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go to gym --- already done!
    4. work on pc boards. Doing some sit down work mostly today, as my legs still hurt from being on my feet almost all day yesterday
    5. clean out the garage ... lots of boxes to cut up for recycling
    6. get back on here tonite and post how I did ... be accountable
    7. read 1 success story

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Today is going to be a good day!

I have four days until my birthday BBQ followed by holiday in France. Both of those will involve plenty of overeating (cheese!) So I have four days before then, in which I AM going to make healthy choices. I refuse to repeat what I did in Oct-Dec, where I continually ate and ballooned.

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - No Alcohol
    - 3 bottles water

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - French podcast, article, Duolingo, book
    - Meditate
    - Read chapter of book
    - Email about birthday BBQ
    - Lights out by 10.45

I'm excited for you! I cannot imagine ever getting to take a trip to France! Of course, I cannot imagine ever getting to take a trip to the UK, Scotland, Ireland, Italy or anywhere else outside the US either! :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Monday:
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. No excuses. None. There is no excuse good enough for junk food today. >:)
    3. Finish at least 5 tasks today that I've been putting off because they are unpleasant. :)
    4. Check out library book recommended by one of my doctors regarding diet and hormones :)ongoing...didn't find it.
    5. Podcast: Half Size Me :)Well, I listened to podcasts but not this one yet. But since it is for motivation and the ones I listen to were motivating, I'm giving myself a smile on this one!
    6. Stand up every 30 minutes at my desk to get my blood moving :)
    7. Be patient and kind to everyone I interact with today. :)Actually had a really good heart-to-heart with DH and cleared the air on many things. Was a good talk and went really well!
    8. WATER, WATER, WATER. ;)Almost? Definitely more than Sunday...
    9. Journal / Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance daily reading / Unplug 9:00 p.m., lights out at 10:00 :)

It was just announced at our dept meeting that they are moving our department under a different service line and different director. Kind of anxiety provoking but I'm trying to stay calm. It will all be fine. I will still just do my job the way I do unless told otherwise, right?

Just for Tuesday:
    Journal every bite
    WATER, WATER, WATER
    Try not to yawn impolitely through the 2 1/2 hours of training this afternoon <ugh>
    Be patient and kind. Walk away from water cooler gossip.
    Be grateful for the good things in my life and try not to focus on negative
    Gratitude journal / Simple Abundance / Podcast / Unplug and lights out at 10.

Goal for August: Weigh <175 lbs
    7/30/2018: 181.0 lbs

Words to live by: Persistence and Determination

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

On my fourth? Date with my boyfriend he baked a quiche for us to have on a picnic. I was super impressed by the cooking effort.

We're then sitting down in the park preparing to eat it and this dog runs up and literally grabs a quarter of it and eats it in like one bite. I was appalled!

Shouted at it so it ran away, thankfully leaving some of it for us to eat (I was slightly concerned about the dog drool I assumed was on it but decided to eat it anyway)...

Its owner didn't even apologize. I was so mad!!! Might have yelled at them a bit...

It's a good story now though :smiley:
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

I have four days until my birthday BBQ followed by holiday in France. Both of those will involve plenty of overeating (cheese!) So I have four days before then, in which I AM going to make healthy choices. I refuse to repeat what I did in Oct-Dec, where I continually ate and ballooned.

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - No Alcohol
    - 3 bottles water

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Read chapter of book
    - Lights out by 10.45

I'm excited for you! I cannot imagine ever getting to take a trip to France! Of course, I cannot imagine ever getting to take a trip to the UK, Scotland, Ireland, Italy or anywhere else outside the US either! :smile:

Thank you! It is our yearly trip to stay with the boyfriend's parents. We don't do much sightseeing, but it is rather lovely - we just relax, spend time outside, and take trips to visit wine manufacturers (and have tastings, obviously). We obviously eat lots of cheese. His family have a cheese course with lunch AND dinner! It's amazing they aren't fat. I think they just have the 'eating in moderation' skill. Ba&taeds :wink:

You should plan a trip somewhere for after your op! Maybe a nice trip to Canada?
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    J Landlady called yesterday and said they already have two showings set up, Thursday at 4 and Saturday at 12. I naturally freaked out as I thought they were waiting until we vacated - the house is a mess, there are things we wanted to pack before we let strangers in, STRANGERS IN MY HOUSE. I'm just a natural worrier. Need to manage this stress in a healthy way, my head is already bumping with a headache this morning. Soooo...

When my first house went up for sale (I was single then), I boxed up as much as I could in advance of house showings and stored the boxes at my fiance's house. Anything of personal value, monetarily or sentimental, I either locked up & hid (in briefcase in back of closet, in small lockbox similarly hidden, etc.), temporarily stored at my work office, or stored in boxes out of sight of any househunters. No problems!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - No Alcohol
    - 3 bottles water

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Read chapter of book
    - Lights out by 10.45

Thank you! It is our yearly trip to stay with the boyfriend's parents. We don't do much sightseeing, but it is rather lovely - we just relax, spend time outside, and take trips to visit wine manufacturers (and have tastings, obviously). We obviously eat lots of cheese. His family have a cheese course with lunch AND dinner! It's amazing they aren't fat. I think they just have the 'eating in moderation' skill. Ba&taeds :wink:

You should plan a trip somewhere for after your op! Maybe a nice trip to Canada?

Canada is awesome, I may me biased though. Lol
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    J Landlady called yesterday and said they already have two showings set up, Thursday at 4 and Saturday at 12. I naturally freaked out as I thought they were waiting until we vacated - the house is a mess, there are things we wanted to pack before we let strangers in, STRANGERS IN MY HOUSE. I'm just a natural worrier. Need to manage this stress in a healthy way, my head is already bumping with a headache this morning. Soooo...

When my first house went up for sale (I was single then), I boxed up as much as I could in advance of house showings and stored the boxes at my fiance's house. Anything of personal value, monetarily or sentimental, I either locked up & hid (in briefcase in back of closet, in small lockbox similarly hidden, etc.), temporarily stored at my work office, or stored in boxes out of sight of any househunters. No problems!

Thanks :smile: the reassurances help. That's exactly what ive been doing. Actually taking a break now at the laundromat - never thought id say that haha! At least I've got the energy for it these days! Moving is going to whip me into shape!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I got a new phone, well its refurbished, and the app is all wonky now. Food diary is not showing up at all but exercise calories are...

And the retyping gets really laggy sometimes. Not sure if its my phone or the app. Hmmmm
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    So, okay, my eating has been a straight out mess. I basically did the "well I've blown it now, so may as well..." for TWO DAYS. Blech. Got it back under control today though, but it was really unpretty there for a bit. I think I felt deprived at work because there is always all this free, fattening, non-vegan food there and I can't eat any of it, so I took it out on my eating at home.

But today is under control. I woke up late and skipped breakfast, had a big lunch of stir fry broccoli with sesame oil and ginger over rice, and had a tofurky sandwich with mustard for dinner along with carrot sticks, cucumber, and an orange. All super healthy and really easy delicious food.

I had today off so I went to a new book club this evening. I'm really excited. Its focus is reading classic books from the 100 greatest of all time (according to a composite list pulled from various places online.) We're starting off nice and light with Crime and Punishment. LOL. But it was really fun and the people were nice and it pulled me out of the eating funk I fell into. Now I just have to find a really good vegan cupcake recipe to bring for the next meeting.

@Bex, I've had my car broken into as well, and it was not pretty. They left a mess of everything and stole the GPS (this was before everyone had GPS on their phones) that my boyfriend needed for work at a time when we could ill afford to replace it. Hugs and sympathy!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    So, okay, my eating has been a straight out mess. I basically did the "well I've blown it now, so may as well..." for TWO DAYS. Blech. Got it back under control today though, but it was really unpretty there for a bit. I think I felt deprived at work because there is always all this free, fattening, non-vegan food there and I can't eat any of it, so I took it out on my eating at home.

But today is under control. I woke up late and skipped breakfast, had a big lunch of stir fry broccoli with sesame oil and ginger over rice, and had a tofurky sandwich with mustard for dinner along with carrot sticks, cucumber, and an orange. All super healthy and really easy delicious food.

I had today off so I went to a new book club this evening. I'm really excited. Its focus is reading classic books from the 100 greatest of all time (according to a composite list pulled from various places online.) We're starting off nice and light with Crime and Punishment. LOL. But it was really fun and the people were nice and it pulled me out of the eating funk I fell into. Now I just have to find a really good vegan cupcake recipe to bring for the next meeting.

@Bex, I've had my car broken into as well, and it was not pretty. They left a mess of everything and stole the GPS (this was before everyone had GPS on their phones) that my boyfriend needed for work at a time when we could ill afford to replace it. Hugs and sympathy!

Look at you getting back at quickly instead of a month, or two, or six, or....