Options
    The dog just ate my cake. *angry eye twitch*

Whoever is "up there", certainly is pooping on me today :lol:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Very sad at the moment.

Our car got broken into last night. Well I say "broken into" the car was actually unlocked. (you occasionally hear people trying car doors but they walk off) anyway me and my partner are pretty sure we lock the car every time. We're both pretty on the ball with it. But I must of left the key in the lock of my front door and one of the girls could have easily pressed the unlock button.
    Anyway, the car had obviously been rummaged through, glove box open, centre compartment, bits thrown everywhere. We opened the boot and there was just rubbish in there. So we though maybe they've left it and got nothing!
    It's hard, to know whats missing really. I suddenly can't find a bank card so I've cancelled it to be sure.
    So other than being a bit miffed we were okay.
    Until me and my partner were chatting about it and he said “I don't think they touched the boot because nothing was moved, they must have opened it, seen the bags of rubbish and thought F it." to which I said.. Did they not even look in your gym bag?
    Uh oh, that's what's missing. They've nicked his gym bag, so now he's lost his pre-workout supplement, 2 sets of expensive headphones, protein shaker (£10!) his swimming shorts and probably whatver top he was wearing, along with his hair stuff £12 a pot and deodorants.
    He totalled it up to £115.

It proper *kitten*.
    He then came down and asked me where my make up bag is "my small one" to which my response was "well it was in the boot., with my big one."
    ALL my make up has gone.
    Which I've totalled to £110 up to now, I don't even know what was in the small one anymore!
    I have 2 discontinued products in there so I'll never get them again. And half of it was gifted so I can't even afford some of the more expensive products like £17.50 for a lipstick!?

Were both devastated. We know it's only things but the gym is like "his thing" and it's really good for his health. And then the makeup is just a nightmare for any girl to have NON.
    I may be able to find some random spares or nearly empty stuff in my drawers but we're basically both starting from scratch now.
    Although I'm thankful there's no car damage.

So sorry to hear of this Bex! We had our van broken into years ago ... and I remember that feeling. Our van was new, so they literally unscrewed and pryed out the radio, cut all the wires to the speakers to get the radio out, left it a total mess! We had insurance, but it cost the insurance company $2500 to fix because of all the wiring being cut (minus our $500 deductible though!). They also left it trashed, because they emptied the glove compartment and everything else. .. I guess looking for money. I almost hated to even drive it, knowing a complete stranger was in there searching for items. It is so sad when people do this ... no regard at all for things others work so hard to get.
    Luckily you were able to stop your bankcard ... and make sure they can't steal your identity. (Hubby had that happen to him .... but they caught the guys that stole his identity before any damage happened - actually sentenced them to 6 yrs in prison).
    But so sorry about your personal things being taken ... especially your makeup LOL!!! But ... from the pictures I've seen of you ... you are so pretty... you don't need the makeup! So hope you can look at the positive side of this ... these are just things, and thankfully you still have your car.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    So I "thought" I was having a good day today, then tonite after dinner, I was just craving something sweet. Last nite I bought some chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joes ... so I grabbed a handful. I thought OK, here is a little more protein (you know ... almonds have protein!) I even counted them out ... I ate 12 of them.
    So as I am logging my food ..... 1/4 cup of these darn almonds are 210 calories! Do you know how many fit into 1/4 cup .... only about 5 of them!! So, I logged 420 calories for something I scarfed down in about 5 minutes... and certainly did not even need.
    So my calorie count for today is 1648 :'(
    I am really tired since I worked outside in the yard all day and was on my feet, so hopefully with that I will be ok .... but I think I'll force myself for a 4 mile walk to salvage the day. At least I'll be super tired when I get home .... and no more food! Note to self: Next time ... look up things before you eat!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    The dog just ate my cake. *angry eye twitch*

Whoever is "up there", certainly is pooping on me today :lol:

This made me laugh, although I know its not funny being the way your day went.

But ... I needed a dog tonite to eat my almonds before I ate them!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Very sad at the moment.

Our car got broken into last night. Well I say "broken into" the car was actually unlocked. (you occasionally hear people trying car doors but they walk off) anyway me and my partner are pretty sure we lock the car every time. We're both pretty on the ball with it. But I must of left the key in the lock of my front door and one of the girls could have easily pressed the unlock button.
    Anyway, the car had obviously been rummaged through, glove box open, centre compartment, bits thrown everywhere. We opened the boot and there was just rubbish in there. So we though maybe they've left it and got nothing!
    It's hard, to know whats missing really. I suddenly can't find a bank card so I've cancelled it to be sure.
    Until me and my partner were chatting about it and he said “I don't think they touched the boot because nothing was moved, they must have opened it, seen the bags of rubbish and thought F it." to which I said.. Did they not even look in your gym bag?
    Uh oh, that's what's missing. They've nicked his gym bag, so now he's lost his pre-workout supplement, 2 sets of expensive headphones, protein shaker (£10!) his swimming shorts and probably whatver top he was wearing, along with his hair stuff £12 a pot and deodorants.

It proper *kitten*.
    He then came down and asked me where my make up bag is "my small one" to which my response was "well it was in the boot., with my big one."
    ALL my make up has gone.
    Which I've totalled to £110 up to now, I don't even know what was in the small one anymore!
    I have 2 discontinued products in there so I'll never get them again. And half of it was gifted so I can't even afford some of the more expensive products like £17.50 for a lipstick!?

Were both devastated. We know it's only things but the gym is like "his thing" and it's really good for his health. And then the makeup is just a nightmare for any girl to have NON.
    I may be able to find some random spares or nearly empty stuff in my drawers but we're basically both starting from scratch now.

Oh Bex! This really sucks! Someone broke into my husband's car a few years ago. The one night he actually left all his hunting stuff in it overnight too! He always brings it in the house when he gets home after hunting, but for some reason was either tired or sore or something and left it in there overnight. $1500 worth of hunting gear! All his hunting clothes, his crossbow and arrows, his binoculars. his bag of hunting supplies with his knife, headlamp, etc. Oh man. It really sucked.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you! I remember how much it hurt each time we had to save to replace one of the items. UGH. Sending you the biggest hug right now! (((BEX)))

P.S. Even though I'm sad for you, I have to say your "eye twitch" made me giggle out loud!! Poor little sweetie!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So I "thought" I was having a good day today, then tonite after dinner, I was just craving something sweet. Last nite I bought some chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joes ... so I grabbed a handful. I thought OK, here is a little more protein (you know ... almonds have protein!) I even counted them out ... I ate 12 of them.
    So as I am logging my food ..... 1/4 cup of these darn almonds are 210 calories! Do you know how many fit into 1/4 cup .... only about 5 of them!! So, I logged 420 calories for something I scarfed down in about 5 minutes... and certainly did not even need.
    So my calorie count for today is 1648 :'(
    I am really tired since I worked outside in the yard all day and was on my feet, so hopefully with that I will be ok .... but I think I'll force myself for a 4 mile walk to salvage the day. At least I'll be super tired when I get home .... and no more food! Note to self: Next time ... look up things before you eat!

Those darn nuts get me every single time! I tell myself the same thing...they have protein so they're good, right? Sure...they're healthier than chips but the calories are crazy huge!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Just caught up with JFT posts ~ so many of us are struggling, me included. I haven't posted JFT since last Thurs. 7/26. Started Th. with dinner out with sister-in-law & niece that started with good intentions, pre-selected my dinner, and ordered appetizer of shrimp cocktail b/c that was an option I gave myself. Then also ordered cup of French onion soup b/c niece did ~ so yummy! Plus wine (mmm). Fri. was staff lunch & meeting, with food from local grocer's deli section, and not the healthiest options either. Sat. too. many. sweets. At least the giant cookie is gone. Should've turned down hubby when he got out ice cream after supper. Oh yeah, peanut M&Ms have had a hold on me lately too. Sun. hubby suggested fast food so I wouldn't have to cook ~ although tbh it was the first time in weeks, maybe a month, that we ate fast food. At least I ordered small fries and little burger, and no chocolate shake. I didn't close my MFP diary some of those days... just didn't want to see the numbers. Today was crazy busy, with dentist appt. before work, prof. org. board meeting in afternoon, and really need to get work project going full blast. Eating under control more today, so maybe I just needed a break. Tomorrow I will update my weekly weigh-in (from Sat.) a/k/a the truth. And I will take time to post JFT goals, even if they are the usual... it's helps me keep on track & be accountable. Night all!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Very sad at the moment.

It proper *kitten*.
    ALL my make up has gone.

I'm so sorry Bex. So many hugs to you and so many angry fist shakes at the universe. When things like that happen, it leaves me feeling so vulnerable and small. Be kind to yourself. Gotta believe that karma will balance it all out.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My heart is so heavy for everyone struggling today. What I love most about this group is the realness. We share the successes, the many struggles along the way, the cravings, the times we give-in, our insecurities. I didn't expect to connect so much to an online group, but I couldn't ask for a better crew. Was feeling pretty insecure and inadequate today, and every post about someone struggling helped me see I am not alone. I'm human, and this healthy living stuff is tough. Sending out hugs and positive vibes to everyone. We'll get there, one step at a time (with a few backwards and then sideways before a few more get us back on track :smile: )

For today:
    House chores-about to finish
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Maximum pushups-arggh, never seem to get to this one
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Maximum pushups
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Very sad at the moment.

It proper *kitten*.
    ALL my make up has gone.

Really sorry to hear about that, it's really rubbish particularly given all the other stuff you've got going on right now!

I had my gym bag stolen in a pub a couple of years ago, it was super annoying having to replace everything (that had my gym kit and my makeup in it!).

I couldn't afford to replace everything at once but luckily my friend had a pair of old trainers going spare that I bought off her for not very much. Maybe your partner could do something similar, for the time being?

The makeup is annoying and I guess you may not want to recycle other people's.... But I would agree with @mytime6630 that you don't need it! I reckon if you asked your partner, he would say the same.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and vibes your way - it's a tough thing to have to deal with. But you are tough, and will deal with it just fine!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @bex95123 Accckk! I'm so sorry!

@PackerFanInGB Yay for answers. Positive and healing thoughts sent your way for your surgery.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday Recap
    1. One thing at a time :)
    2. Be kind and patient :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Eat when hungry - stop when full :| Well I started eating a graham cracker after I closed my diary, realized I was not actually hungry, so I stopped. :)
    5. Meds AM and PM :)

FINALLY picked up my refill RX! Hooray! Landlady called yesterday and said they already have two showings set up, Thursday at 4 and Saturday at 12. I naturally freaked out as I thought they were waiting until we vacated - the house is a mess, there are things we wanted to pack before we let strangers in, STRANGERS IN MY HOUSE. I'm just a natural worrier. Need to manage this stress in a healthy way, my head is already bumping with a headache this morning. Soooo...

JFT Tuesday
    1. Lots of water
    2. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    3. Be patient and kind
    4. Log all food
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. One thing at a time - tonights focus; bedroom and bathroom - back hall next up - then kitchen/pantry on Weds.
    7. Pick up half and half at farm
    8. Empty car
    9. Shred box of mail
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.] No goal dates set ~ as long as my trend is downward, I get there when I get there!

Age 60, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 140 - 145 [anything less will be unsustainable]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Very sad at the moment.

It proper *kitten*.
    ALL my make up has gone.

So sorry you are dealing with this! When our neighborhood had a rash of garage & house break-ins (our garage was only an "attempt" as they couldn't force their way in ~ thank God for security-conscious hubby), and after police were notified, we installed dusk to dawn lights on the street-side. When we had hooligans enter our fenced in back yard a year later, during evening when we were still up & hubby chased them off, I felt so violated that I couldn't go to sleep until I went online and ordered security lights for the side and back of house. Fact of life that we had to adjust to prevent stuff like this from happening sucks. Hugs to you, my friend!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    I got the results of the MRI's back. I have a torn/detached labrum in my left hip and have to have surgery on 8/23. I'm not happy about this, obviously, but it is what it is. I'm trying not to focus on the pain of hip surgery and focus more on the fact that if all goes well, I might be pain free to actually start taking walks (which was my goal this year!!!). Having surgery that date is really messing me up at work. I want to put it off and have talked to my husband, my boss and my team about it, but they are all urging me to get it done and do it right. If the surgeon wasn't leaving our clinic in October, I would put it off. But I really want him to do the surgery, so I guess the 23rd it is. I don't think I have gone a whole year without at least one surgery in about 7 years now. I should have my own exam room at that clinic! LOL!

Not going to do a whole lot today. Putz around the house and maybe run a few errands. Tomorrow, we are heading to a flea market about an hour from here. I don't know how long I'll make it since my hip is so sore. (Actually, I was told I shouldn't be weight-bearing on it at all right now and should be using a cane...pfft! Like THAT is going to happen! I'm the world's worst patient...just ask my DH)

Thought of the Day:
    t24p084epmzn.png

Very glad you at least have an answer, and a resolution in sight! Focus on the end result and it will be over before you know it. I felt that way with my adult braces on my teeth ~ that I couldn't wait before they were off, and lo and behold, sooner than predicted, they were. Love the stern warning to stomach ~ I never thought of "it" being bored, but I think that's what happens to me!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    For the first time in five days, posting some JFT goals to keep myself in check...

JFT T 7/31
    1) Walked dog before work + saw two low-flying cranes go over road / 3.69 mi 1:01:12 / stretched (forced myself to take the time) = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green
    3) At least 2-3 to-do's in evening
    4) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work W)
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Goals for yesterday:
    Make chili for work lunches ✔
    Water plants ✔
    Go for a walk ✔
    Read Bible ✔
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal ✔
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work: nope, in fact I did not have even one sip of water all shift!! Yikes!
    No extra snacking at work ✔

Goals for today:
    Read Bible
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacking at work
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,738 Member
    Options
    Oh and also @mytime6630 I have also thought about taking a break but I would miss you all too much!
    You're all like, my only friends haha, ❤️

Happy that you value us :)

This made me wonder though, are there friends /other mums in the area that you could get some support from?

It might help you to be able to talk to people in person who are going through similar things right now. My friend is really close to fellow mums she got to know through all her pregnancy/new mum activities and I know she's found being able to chat through things with them really valuable... Is there anyone near you that you could meet up with, potentially with the children?

Failing that, we're all here supporting you :smile:
    Don't put yourself under too much pressure... 5 months is not a long time when you have as much to cope with as you do!

(Celebrities are totally unrealistic with their bouncing back and losing pregnancy weight. This is not possible for normal people who don't have armies of staff)

I'm struggling a little too to be honest... Haven't put a lot on, just a couple of pounds, but have lost a lot of focus and keep on eating pizza and drinking wine.

I'm blaming the heat and 'summer' vibes...

I just don't really like people irl.
    I always make friends with complete idiots.
    From school I had two best friends which were my friends for 10 years and then they just completely Fked me over! So never really trusted anyone after that.

I do have 1 friend. But she's a friend I rarely see but I know if I call her I can chat to her like it's hardly been any time at all.
    My old friends used to moan because I drove past her house from work and never popped in.
    As if I have no life outside them.

This made me laugh because you sound just like my daughter. She has one friend that she has had since grade 7 (she will be 30 in Feb), she lost closeness with her for a while due to marriage and babies at different times, but they are slowly getting it back since her friend had a baby the same time as she had Michaela. She is much more comfortable with her online friends.

I am a friend person, I am very loyal to the friends I make but I need to have them in my life. Some of my longest life friends live provinces and cities away, but we manage to remain close through phone calls, fb and chats.

I understand your concern about real life friends, but you are older now and so are the people that you would meet. It might be different if you met someone and gave them and yourself a chance.