JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters!!! Hope everyone survived today's events.
    Update on me... Went to the clinic today.... They did a Pap
    Smear and a biopsy on me. Ouchie!!! Hope I don't gross everyone out
    with what I'm about to share...
    I haven't had intercourse in over 8 years. So it was like being a virgin
    all over again. The doc is positioned ready for me and just when she tells me
    to scoot down farther on the table... CRAMP!!! POW! In my thigh.😂
    Could barely spread my legs... I said DOC, I'VE BEEN MIA FOR YEARS,
    YOU'RE IN UNCHARTERED TERRITORY. My body doesn't recognize this position.
    LMBO!!! And she began her probe with a small speculum. And she's talking to the help
    nurse about my V.... This one's to small, I cranked it as far as it would go. I can't see
    in her, Find me the bigger one, The large, yes the large. She apologized and inserted
    the large. I'm cranking this one too. I said doc, is everything looking alright down
    there? Yes, she says... Well doc I wanna know if there are any abnormalities?
    None that I can see, everything looks ok.
    I will get the results later and they're talking scheduling an ultrasound next time I'm in.
    I tell my daughter about my concerns and she says... What Mom, you wanted to
    know if you had a pretty *kitten*... I said, yeah I haven't seen it, and I was wondering if it
    would still turn a man on? She burst into laughter... Mommy! I just can't with you.😂😂😂
    I said, that was way too much action for an inactive V.

Oh my! Thanks for the laugh!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Hi all. Had a very unbalanced day. Woke up late, scarfed half a breakfast and went to lunch late. Ended up leaving work late, but sticking to working out. That left most of my calories for dinner, and by that point I was soooo hungry. Need to work on a better balance for food throughout the day. Also not being late all the time to work, so hard for me. @sophia_alegria11 let me know if you have any tips!

@cschmitz110515 Look at all those smileys! Nice work not eating the samples!
    @snowflake1968 I hear you with the depression, it's awful. Be sure to be kind to yourself and stick to your routines as much as possible. This too shall pass. You are stronger than the depression, my friend!
    @maryrobinson40 Those appointments are the WORST. Because of my body the examination is usually quite painful as well, and I find I feel very vulnerable and exposed (literally and emotionally!). Take care of yourself today, and remember you are perfect just as you are.

For Today:
    Up with alarm-utter fail! Slept past it and had a half hour to get ready :(
    Drink 80 oz. of water ✅
    Work out 30 minutes ✅
    Do a load of laundry ✅ ✅
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 3!) ✅
    Track and post here ✅

For tomorrow:
    Up with alarm
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    Work out 30 minutes
    Have fun on my date :)
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 4, 10 to go!)
    Track and post here

I used to be late for work all the time because I am not a morning person. I finally after struggling for years made myself stop using the snooze button. It made me stop oversleeping. I also started going to bed a bit earlier each day. It made a huge difference. It sucked getting into this routine and took me a couple months but I've kept it up for about 15 years now.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Busy day yesterday - I ended up doing a job application! It's not quite finished yet, need to finish today as deadline is midnight. It looks like the perfect role. Unfortunately, it might involve quite a big salary cut. I will have to try to haggle, if I get the job :smile:

Good luck on the job! Haggle lots if you get it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Thought of the day: Why are babies so good at pick-pocketing :lol:

It sounds like there is a story behind that thought. I remember getting home from getting groceries one time to find a big pack of Duracell batteries in my bags. I did not pay for them. My daughter must have put them in the cart from the display while I was busy paying... they are quick little people.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    3. Class 2-3: Present Machiavelli projects. Reflection 45. WM ch 2. Add to class website; update class websites. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).

I was an adult taking a computer course before I finally had someone explain this to me that made sense. I still question it every time I say/write it though.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning to All,

A propos, I’m on Day 6 now: Find a Diet Coach. I’ve thought about this and can’t seem to find anyone around me whom I would like to ask so, like some others on this thread, I’m making myself accountable to y’all. I think this would work great for me. We are after all on the same journey and each one of us knows about the struggles and successes. Needless to say there are no judgements so I feel totally comfortable with sharing and being held accountable by the group.

I only use this group for a diet coach. I don't want my friends and family nagging me or telling me what they think I should. I find too many people believe all the fad diets and I just am not doing that. This saves arguments for me, I come on here post my goals and then the next day admit success or not. I have a hard time coming here after a bad day, but do it anyway and know you all understand!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY (Wednesday, 11/28/18)
    1) Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2) Shovel the driveway (it's that time of year again) :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day :)

JFT (Thursday, 11/29/18) --> Started dating my husband 26 years ago today. <3
    1) Log ALL my food for the day
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water BEFORE having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake for the day

Happy "anniversary"
  • Snowflake1968
    edited November 2018
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday Nov 28
    2L of water - 2.25
    Calories in Green - 151 in Red
    5 something at bathroom break - :) I think I remember once!
    5 fruit/veggie - 0/5
    Walk 1 mile - :) Walked 1.2 kms while waiting for car at Costco. I am counting this!
    Write in Journal - :)
    Be Conscious of my choices! - :)

I just noticed I hadn't put in Only 1 Evening Snack - I need to add this because I had no evening snack last night!!!!

JFT - Thursday Nov 29
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

Yesterday was a frustrating day, but already today is better! I went to get winter tires on our car since I am losing the company car next week. I ordered them online from Costco. First call I get while they have it is that I ordered the wrong size tire. - $100 later they fortunately have 4 of the correct size in stock - 2nd attempt to switch the tires starts, I decide to go have a slice of pizza since I had already done my shopping and have gone through the registers. Just before I get sat down, the guy comes out to tell me that I have one lug nut on each tire stripped, they can't fix this. I go home start calling around for quotes to have this fixed, first quote - around $200. Hubby looks at it and says no way! Call for a 2nd quote - close to $700! Hubby questions what I am saying and tells me I'm not explaining it properly. I call Costco back to find out exactly what I should be saying because, apparently I'm an idiot and can't say it right???? I confirm that what I am saying is correct and they tell me to try a certain mechanic. I call that shop, tell them Costco sent me. He quotes $60-70, done make appointment! Hubby had to take it in because I still had to take company car in for the repair from yesterday to be completed. Hubby just texted me and it cost 52.50!!!! That was replacing all the lug nuts on all 4 tires!

Had another frustrating call with the VP yesterday. He thought I was done tomorrow, I had to correct him. Then he tells me we need to have a "steady" mobile, but not 24/7... I don't know what that is even supposed to mean. He then asks what we are doing for mobile hours right now, I tell him. He asks why the weekend guy has longer hours than the weeknight guy. I remind him that he told me to leave it as is. He says we need to look at that. Only one more week and I bet 100000 deep breaths to go!

The grands came for their weekly supper last night. I have put up some decorations. Jonah looks at my fridge display and after some serious thought and consideration says, " The Santas with Mickey and I are Santa Helpers, but I think the rest of them are real. Oh wait, no the one with Grampie is Santa's helper too because you can see his real hair. Yeah, yup, the rest of them are real the real Santa". The three "real" Santa's are my Dad, a drunk friend of my Father in Law that showed up to surprise the 4 grandchildren on Christmas Eve 1994 and the other one is my daughter's best friend, from before we moved here, Dad. I will take it and enjoy it because probably by next year he won't be believing at all.

d5y2f3hg92is.jpg

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Thought of the day: Why are babies so good at pick-pocketing :lol:

It sounds like there is a story behind that thought. I remember getting home from getting groceries one time to find a big pack of Duracell batteries in my bags. I did not pay for them. My daughter must have put them in the cart from the display while I was busy paying... they are quick little people.

there is, I thought I was going mad today for losing things out of my pocket! turns out she's been nicking it on the sly! my phone is still missing and im sure shes had it lol!!
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @jeschepp Getting up 15 to 20 minutes earlier seems to be helping me to get to work on time. I’ve started getting up @ 4:30 am to pray, read the Beck book, exercise and do a couple of things around the house. I find myself being able to head out the door a little bit before 7:00 a.m. which gets me to work @ a decent time.

I have a 45 minute drive; we live out in the country so it’s a beautiful scenic road, and about a 10 minute walk to my office. It’s hard to get up that early but it’s the only way to make sure I do what I need to do even if it means getting home and not doing much. I notice that even when I didn’t wake up that early, I didn’t do much after getting home from work so it’s been a good change for me. I don’t like feeling rushed and I’m at a stage in life where even if I wanted to go fast, my body just doesn’t move quick and pronto anymore :p
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968

I only use this group for a diet coach. I don't want my friends and family nagging me or telling me what they think I should. I find too many people believe all the fad diets and I just am not doing that. This saves arguments for me, I come on here post my goals and then the next day admit success or not. I have a hard time coming here after a bad day, but do it anyway and know you all understand!

Yes, that sounds like very good reasoning. I feel the same. B)

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps!

I need to go back to page 501 to read and catch up but I don't have time right now. I am having an extreme emotional eating day and I need to get on here to journal or I won't even try to stop myself.

I have my first year evaluation in 20 minutes. From what I have picked up so far, it is not going to be very good. Add that to the fact they still want to take away my job and have me do something else, along with less pay, and I'm feeling a bit emotional and overwhelmed...thus the pretzels and freshly ground honey roasted peanut butter for dip.

Just for Today:
    1. Journal every damn emotional bite
    2. Read my ARC's, sit when eating, choose wisely.
    3. WATER - at least 3 bottles
    4. Activity
    5. Remain calm and keep an open mind. Keep a smile in my voice and in my eyes. DO. NOT. CRY.
    6. Be thankful for what is, and stop wishing for what is not.
    7. Update resume tonight. It's always a good idea to have an updated resume.
    8. Read next chapter of Beck's Diet Solution.
    9. Read a book and relax tonight before bed.
    10. Get up early without hitting snooze and do it all over again.

I'll catch up with y'all later! Hope you are all doing well. I'm thinking about you every day even when I didn't get on here! :heart:
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Oh @PackerFanInGB! Just massive hugs to you. I’m heading to bed now but will be looking on here for your update. Can’t believe how badly your company have handled things. Remember that they moved the goalposts on you. Don’t get sad, get angry. Put the pretzels in the past and hold your head up high. Love and strength to you x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I’m feeling excited and nervous tonight. Bf is taking me away for the weekend tomorrow eve to celebrate my upcoming 40th. It’s a surprise although I know it’s a spa hotel. He’s saying bring a passport even though I am picking the girls up from my parents on Sunday at 5pm?! He’s either teasing or it’s a short flight! In our 3 years we’ve never been away together and have probably only had a couple of casual dinners out. This is a huge deal so of course I’m panicking over what to pack and wear etc! Got to calm down and get some sleep!

Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Girls to take cakes to school for bake sale ✅
    - Planning time - water not snacking! ✅
    - Pay alarm company ✅
    - Buy present for S ✅
    - Research stocking fillers for kids ❎
    - Arrange present exchange for godchildren✅
    - Lunchtime run home for car✅
    - Home on time to help with homework✅
    - Pack for weekend away and girls pack ✅
    - Early nights ✅ yes if I go to sleep now!!

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Do nails
    - Check girls have everything for weekend and give them cash for school winter fair
    - Pack bag ready in car
    - Passport!!
    - Early to school - print and trim for coming week
    - Home at lunchtime for car
    - leave by 5 the latest
    - TBC...
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Oh @PackerFanInGB!
    I cannot believe this!! I remember so well when you started this company ...it sounds like they are treating you so unfairly. I am so very sorry ... and pray that the evaluation will go better than you are fearing. You were a real asset when they hired you ...it just makes me so sick the way some employers treat people.
    Massve hugs to you dear friend. Please let us know how it goes ... praying for the best. <3<3<3
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!! The good news is, I didn't gain back every pound I shed before Thanksgiving! However,
    I did gain 2 pounds from eating every day. Too many collard greens.... Lol…. So, I'm not at all
    upset about it because I ate well, and said NO to the right things.
    Bad news, my blood pressure was at its highest yesterday... 181/97.
    Stress level was up after some disturbing news from my 28 yr. old daughter. Prayed about it.
    Doc says I need a change of atmosphere.. I totally agree.
    JFT
    TAKE GREAT NIECES TO THE BUS STOP🙌😁
    PICK UP, AND TAKE MIDDLE DAUGHTER TO HER APPOINTMENT🙌😁
    MINDFUL EATINGEATING🙌😁
    WORK ON CHRISTMAS DECORATIONSDECORATIONS🙌😁
    DRINK 4 WATER
    EXERCISEEXERCISE😁🙌
    READ
    DO SOME ONLINE SEARCHING FOR PRICES
    GET TO BED EARLY
    MAKE SURE ALL MEDS ARE TAKEN
    😁🙌

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hi peeps!

I need to go back to page 501 to read and catch up but I don't have time right now. I am having an extreme emotional eating day and I need to get on here to journal or I won't even try to stop myself.

I have my first year evaluation in 20 minutes. From what I have picked up so far, it is not going to be very good. Add that to the fact they still want to take away my job and have me do something else, along with less pay, and I'm feeling a bit emotional and overwhelmed...thus the pretzels and freshly ground honey roasted peanut butter for dip.

Just for Today:
    1. Journal every damn emotional bite
    2. Read my ARC's, sit when eating, choose wisely.
    3. WATER - at least 3 bottles
    4. Activity
    5. Remain calm and keep an open mind. Keep a smile in my voice and in my eyes. DO. NOT. CRY.
    6. Be thankful for what is, and stop wishing for what is not.
    7. Update resume tonight. It's always a good idea to have an updated resume.
    8. Read next chapter of Beck's Diet Solution.
    9. Read a book and relax tonight before bed.
    10. Get up early without hitting snooze and do it all over again.

I'll catch up with y'all later! Hope you are all doing well. I'm thinking about you every day even when I didn't get on here! :heart:

Oh I hope your review wasn’t terrible! Hugs to you. I need to work on my resume as well. I don’t know what to put for this job, I don’t think managing Facebook and MFP accounts will help me.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    I’m feeling excited and nervous tonight. Bf is taking me away for the weekend tomorrow eve to celebrate my upcoming 40th. It’s a surprise although I know it’s a spa hotel. He’s saying bring a passport even though I am picking the girls up from my parents on Sunday at 5pm?! He’s either teasing or it’s a short flight! In our 3 years we’ve never been away together and have probably only had a couple of casual dinners out. This is a huge deal so of course I’m panicking over what to pack and wear etc! Got to calm down and get some sleep!

Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Girls to take cakes to school for bake sale ✅
    - Planning time - water not snacking! ✅
    - Pay alarm company ✅
    - Buy present for S ✅
    - Research stocking fillers for kids ❎
    - Arrange present exchange for godchildren✅
    - Lunchtime run home for car✅
    - Home on time to help with homework✅
    - Pack for weekend away and girls pack ✅
    - Early nights ✅ yes if I go to sleep now!!

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Do nails
    - Check girls have everything for weekend and give them cash for school winter fair
    - Pack bag ready in car
    - Passport!!
    - Early to school - print and trim for coming week
    - Home at lunchtime for car
    - leave by 5 the latest
    - TBC...

Cannnot wait to hear how it goes! Have fun and happy birthday
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Long day but ended on a nice note. Happy (almost) Friday all!
    Thanks to @Snowflake1968 and @Sofia_Alegria for the advice!

For Today:
    Up with alarm :( still not great
    Drink 80 oz. of water ✅
    Work out 30 minutes ✅
    Have fun on my date :)
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 4, 10 to go!) ✅
    Track and post here ✅

For tomorrow:
    Up with alarm
    Drink 80 oz. of water
    Work out 30 minutes
    Do something UNproductive to unwind from the week
    Follow the Mayo Clinic Diet 2-week plan (DAY 5, 9 to go!)
    Track and post here
  • Greeny19832014
    Greeny19832014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Drink more than four glasses of water :smile: had 6
    2. Exercise for 30 minutes: :smile: did an hour
    3. Stick to my shopping list :-1: Spent Double!! Although I did solve half of the dilemma of what to buy my baby niece for Christmas!
    4. Forgive myself for recent poor choices to stop the sabotage cycle :smiley:
    5. Avoid Wine :-1: Only had one glass so I'm forgiving myself that!
    6. Update debt spreadsheet/make extra payments :-1: but that's ok!
    7. Consider tomorrow's goals: :blush: Happily planned for today

Just For Today - Friday:

1. Eat less calories than yesterday (I made bad choices last night)
    2. Rein in the spending!!
    3. Swim or walk for at least 30 minutes
    4. Drink more than five glasses of water
    5. Contact theatre requesting refund
    6. Tidy the messy drawer
    6. Hoover / Clean kitchen / Refuel Car & Buy Cat Litter
    7. Continue forgiving myself (this feels so good!)
    8. Consider tomorrow's goals