JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    So I really need to get back at this. I've not been managing very well. Too many things going on but let's get back on here. I have missed you all, just not sure how active I can be. If I miss things just know I am thinking of you all. If I miss something that's important feel free to send me a message.

And here goes.
    I have been working hard at dealing with all the things going on here. As some of you know depression and stress can result in too much food and too little activity which results in more weight and less accomplished. Well my goal is to get off my behind as much as I can.
    Toward that end I am getting back on here and back in my studio! My first finish in my studio is in my profile pic and I've started the next. Pic below as well. Wednesday is back to weighing and reporting!
    zoxzjimodtw7.jpg

JFT Monday
    1. Water
    2. Work
    3. Brush and floss
    4. Bed by 10:30

Have a good day all. <3
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Back online after a week of relaxation at the boyfriend's parents' home in France. Got lots of sleep, fresh air and sun, so felt totally refreshed... Until my alarm went off at 6.15. Urgh.

Haven't been particularly good throughout holiday - or just before either as it was my birthday - and as such have put on a few pounds. Hopefully can shift them quickly!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3 bottles water

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Duolingo & French book
    - Finish work at 6pm
    - Book hotel for boyfriend bday weekend
    - Open presents!! (I like having this on my list)
    - Watch final episode of Handmaid's Tale
    - Lights out by 10.45
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    For @PackerFanInGB !

d7hfl0xmg3wf.jpg

Yes, these little cafes are everywhere :smile:

Ahem, thought I'd removed the evidence of our indulgence from view... apparently not...
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So my alarm went off about twenty minutes ago and I popped up out of bed fully awake. Well, now I'm sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee fighting to keep my eyes open! WTH! Lol. I know that I need to get up and start doing something. Going back to bed is not an option. I'll just end up having a REALLY hard waking up again. I think I need to get up and make another cup of coffee. Or at least get up and walk around. Get my blood flowing. Lol.

So to update last night, tech was turned off by 10:32 and the lights were off by 1050. I was definitely asleep by 11. Tonight will be a little harder because the DH closes his store and won't be home until at least 10:30pm. I'll try to make it to bed by midnight.

Okay, coffee time!
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Back online after a week of relaxation at the boyfriend's parents' home in France. Got lots of sleep, fresh air and sun, so felt totally refreshed... Until my alarm went off at 6.15. Urgh.

Haven't been particularly good throughout holiday - or just before either as it was my birthday - and as such have put on a few pounds. Hopefully can shift them quickly!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3 bottles water

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Duolingo & French book
    - Finish work at 6pm
    - Book hotel for boyfriend bday weekend
    - Open presents!! (I like having this on my list)
    - Watch final episode of Handmaid's Tale
    - Lights out by 10.45

@slittlemeister I like that you scheduled your TV/Netflix/screen time. I'm going to try that.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Recap Sunday 8/12
    1) Church :smiley:
    2) Walked dog 2.95 mi 52:42 kinda hot & little muggy b/c it was late morning, but happy dog B) & happy me B)
    3) Get 2 loads laundry on line (one already there) = :smiley:
    4) Grocery shop w/ hubby = :smiley:
    5) Review recipes & select Sat. meal for visit from mom & dad, aunt & uncle = :/ out of time
    6) Net calories green = RED again but better choices, just too much :#
    7) Unplug 9:00 :/ / floss :s / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :/ (walk dog before work M)

JFT M 8/13
    1) Walked dog before work & MapMyWalk behaved bizarrely ~ kept "pausing" "resuming" workout ~ glad I checked time when we walked out door / 3.52 mi 1:03 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Focus at work ~ test at least 3 samples
    4) Meals / snacks prelogged with some wiggle room / net calories green / > 12c water (was little light on water over weekend)
    5) Evening: boil eggs / clear off coffee table / review receipe & choose something for Sat.
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog T before work)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9 p.m. + logged
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9:00
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30pm (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9 :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8p.m. & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @josephinebowman and @Bex953172 thank you!

@bcTRAI holding you in my prayers. Beautiful quilt!

@slittlemeister welcome back. You look awesome in your pic! Thanks for sharing. And happy belated birthday!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Oh my god. I have just made the most amazing meal!
    It was only a sausage casserole but its kind of like a long running joke that Im an awful cook. And now I feel like Gordon flipping Ramsey :lol:

Marley loved it an scoffed it. And I'm currently at war with Saskia getting her to eat it.
    She said she liked it, now she doesn't like it, then she said she wanted a juice, then she wanted to go speak to daddy, then she wanted me to go talk to daddy (no doubt to feed it to the dog) and then she said she needed a wee and that it's coming now, and then she said she would eat "this much" but not the rest and she's not yet.
    Arrgh.

This made me literally LOL I am not the best cook in the world so when something turns out I want to shout it to the rooftops too! That's awesome!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hello my friends! It's so hard to get onto this website during the day at work now! I'm the only teller so I have to take care of all of the customers and now that LK is gone and LM is back we spend the day catching. It's been great! But it's been cutting into my MFP time! Plus the DH and I have been spending a lot of time together cuddling on the couch or just talking and having fun in the evenings after work so I never seem to get online for more than a minute or two. My logging has been slipping as well. I have been having issues with motivation like a lot of us. Today has been a good day though. I treated myself to 12oz cup of coke and a yummy apple yogurt parfait today. I did a lot of work around the house today though so the calories should bounce back.

The DH has wanted pork chops for the last few days. I picked some up yesterday when I went to Aldi's so now I need to find a good low-calorie recipe to make tonight. My main problem is that I dont have an oven so I can't do anything baked.

As for exercise today, our bulk garbage pick up is tomorrow so Dad brought down his trailer(full of his own stuff mind you) for us to throw some junk onto. We had two busted up, super cheap clapboard dressers that we broke apart and loaded on. So that took a while and we threw out a few other things as well. I then picked up around the house and folded a load of laundry. I have two more left to do once I finish them up at the house.

Okay, enough rambling. It's currently 3pm here. The goals will be for the rest of the day...

JFT, 8/12/18

1. Finish/fold laundry
    2. Research and make a pork chop recipe
    3. Only one evening snack
    4. Kitchen closed at 9
    5. Shower/Face/Teeth
    6. Tech off by 10:15
    7. Bed by 11

How do you survive without an oven? That must be so hard!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Perfect weather for hot air balloon ascension & glow Saturday night!

nu7f56xwwcuh.jpg
    k3bb7xiuzcm2.jpg

Beautiful pictures! I bet that was even more exciting in person!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Oops forgot to add my goals!

JFT sunday

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Exercise (yoga today)✔️
    - Close kitchen at 9 and 1 snack! ✔️

Actually only had 4 glasses so far, but will get 4 in before bed.
    I'm totally in the green :) actually only ate my allowance today rather than eating more and burning off the extra!
    Exercise, just done this now, if I'm honest I REALLY didn't want to do it. My excuses were, I don't have a mat, I need to tidy first, there's not enough room, I'm already in the green so I don't need to, I'm tired.
    Then out of nowhere I pulled a blanket out, moved stuff out the way, loaded up a video (yoga with Adriene @HEGoddard0928 or @PackerFanInGB recommended this!) and began.
    It was a 20 min beginners video. Super easy. Didn't even sweat and she makes you feel good about it! That it's not all about having the perfect pose but being in the moment and connecting.
    I enjoyed it anyway!
    Glad I didn't listen to my excuses because they were just lame.
    And the kitchen is closed, my snack was an avocado :)

See you all tomorrow :)

You are killing it! That's awesome to keep going and kick your excuses to the curb!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Jft Saturday
    1. Meds am pm >:)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Start packing 1st night box essentials :)
    4. Take a nap :)
    5. Be present and kind :)
    6. Drink 2 cups of water before dinner and 1 after >:)

Water is better today. quick check in. Closing tomorrow! Setting my goals for today and tomorrow.

Jft Sunday and Monday
    1. Meds AM and Pm
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind - articulate what you need when you need it, dont stew.
    4. Drink water when you can, breakfast, lunch and at the office.
    5. Pack 4 more boxes tonight
    6. Load car with first night box and dog bed
    7. Pick out tomorrow outfit
    8. Pack 3 day bag
    9. Relax and rejoice!!!

If you closing is today, does that mean you are moving in today, or are you waiting a little bit?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 ... I thought if I told you enough corny jokes, I could lift your spirits up a notch or two... I want to help. I'm here is all I'm saying.

@HEGoddard0928 - I'm sorry you were having a rough evening and happy to see you turned it around. @maryrobinson40 you have the absolute best attitude. I'm happy you joined this group!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Monday! Went to 1 Y class today. Took pills and shot. Ate tuna salad and wasa bread-love the crunch. I have a lot to do but I will probably just go to bed and watch tv. Looks like a maybe rain--maybe sun day today. We had rain for about 15 days in a row a couple of weeks back--too bad we can't just send it to the wildfires. Okay, just have to hold the line on calories and keep drinking here today. Tuesday is a busy day for us and school is about to start again. I've been asked to a water class gathering but thinking I won't go because it is about the food. And I am apparently the only person who has a young child. Weighed myself at Y-result was encouraging.
    For Tuesday, get up and go to 8 o'clock water class. Go to Family History Center 10-2 and take something huge to drink for me and eat for son. Think calories and sodium. Start putting things on calendar because I can not recall anything but know I have said yes to some things. Should have 2 referrals coming in for medical stuff-have to look for those. Well, that's me thinking about stuff.
    I hope everyone is well-great jokes.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Thank you for all of your jokes! They definitely did make me smile!

@nickssweetheart I did cook! I'm so sorry that your tofu didnt work out!

I am feeling sooo much better! I pulled myself off the couch and fried up the pork chops and made two baked potatoes. It was amazing! The pork chops were super juicy and flavorful! It is definitely a make once a week kind of thing! I'm going to have to experiment with some different spices and herbs and things. I did the dishes(well most of them), picked up the laundry and folded it AND put it away. Lol. Now the DH and I are sitting on the couch listening to our favorite podcast.

I need to make some goals for tomorrow. I will mull it over and add them in a little while. I hope everyone is having a good night! Mine is definitely getting better.

I make a breaded pork chop using Parmesan cheese and Italian breadcrumbs. I baked mine, but I bet they would fry up nicely as well. I really enjoy pork chops, my hubby would prefer I never cook them LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

bcTRAI wrote: »
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Great to see you. Are you also near the California fires? Take good care .... all this looks so very scarry.
    This is where I live. Yes, scary but were safe. Having to spend minimal time outside, basically to and from the car only. 5t8pu8t9889w.jpg
    You'd never know we live in a rain forest!

I read yesterday that there were over 600 wildfires burning in BC right not. We just had a full day of rain did you get any?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    So I really need to get back at this. I've not been managing very well. Too many things going on but let's get back on here. I have missed you all, just not sure how active I can be. If I miss things just know I am thinking of you all. If I miss something that's important feel free to send me a message.

And here goes.
    I have been working hard at dealing with all the things going on here. As some of you know depression and stress can result in too much food and too little activity which results in more weight and less accomplished. Well my goal is to get off my behind as much as I can.
    Toward that end I am getting back on here and back in my studio! My first finish in my studio is in my profile pic and I've started the next. Pic below as well. Wednesday is back to weighing and reporting!
    zoxzjimodtw7.jpg

JFT Monday
    1. Water
    2. Work
    3. Brush and floss
    4. Bed by 10:30

Have a good day all. <3

I'm so happy to see you back. I'm sorry things aren't going well for you right now. Depression sucks! That is how I gained 40+ lbs back since 2012. That quilt is absolutely beautiful, I love the "simple" design of it. I love quilts and cherish the ones I have but sometimes find they can get very busy looking.

Welcome back again!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    For @PackerFanInGB !

d7hfl0xmg3wf.jpg

Yes, these little cafes are everywhere :smile:

Ahem, thought I'd removed the evidence of our indulgence from view... apparently not...

Happy Belated birthday! LOL at not removing evidence.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT- Sunday August 12
    2L of water - >:) Not even close I think only 1L
    Calories in Green by 150 - >:) In the red by 381
    Outside 15 minutes, might be hard it’s raining - >:) Never stopped raining all day and it was a hard rain 90% of the time
    Clean - :/ Well I made the bed and cleaned the kitchen. Didn't dust, sweep or scrub
    Only one evening snack - :/ Had a handful of peas along with my usual evening snack
    Write in Journal - :) At least I did one thing on my list
    Exercise - >:) I was just not in the mood yesterday for anything

JFT - Monday August 13
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only one Evening Snack
    Walk? or Setup craftroom with an exercise area?
    Write in Journal

Well I had the laziest weekend I have had in months! Saturday I went to the Farmer's Market and to Walmart for a few things. Other than that I made supper and that was the extent of my activity for the whole day. Sunday was even worse. I woke at 7, but hubby was asleep on the couch so I went back to bed to read and fell asleep until 9. Around 12 hubby and I were both fighting to stay awake, he wanted the couch so he could "watch the race and doze" I went back to the bedroom to read and woke up almost 4 hours later! Had to run to Walmart to get a new charging cord for my phone and grabbed some Tostitos and taco seasoning to make nachos for supper. I tidied up the kitchen, made the bed, had a bath and then went to bed at 1015. I of course, couldn't sleep after sleeping most of the day so read until almost 1. Very sleepy today now.

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out a place where I can set up to do some exercises. I think my only option is the craftroom. I think I'll buy some of those big foam puzzle pieces to put down so it isn't just the hard floor. I really need to start some strength training, yoga or something. I am in a lot of pain and I think it is lack of core strength causing some of it. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday and I know when I mention it to her she will just recommend physio. I really can't afford that so need to do something on my own.

We haven't seen the Grands for almost 2 weeks (Wednesday will be 2 weeks) I miss them like crazy. I ended up buying a little tank top for Michaela on Saturday that says "Tiny Teenager". I then bought Jonah a t-shirt yesterday that has Minecraft on it. Rodger asked me what I bought for him and I hadn't bought him anything. Ooops!

I have a meeting with the other business group that I will be starting with this afternoon, things are moving along pretty fast with her getting it started. Hopefully it all comes together soon and she will be able to afford to hire me full time. I will be out of sales!

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I read yesterday that there were over 600 wildfires burning in BC right not. We just had a full day of rain did you get any?
    Nope, no rain here and can't see the mountains from my house any longer. We'll see what it's like at work.
    Like I said...
    You'd never know we live in a rain forest!