JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Wow! Been away for 2 days and I'm 3 pages behind! It's been a good two days though. Friday was DH's last day at work. He's on the payroll until the end of the month because they are giving him his vacation and personal time. He was a tad bit bummed because his managers thought that Saturday was his last day and had something planned as a goodbye. They couldn't be bothered to actually look at the schedule on the wall and see that Friday was. But alas, that is how that store works :s He put in the paperwork for the medical leave of absence so we're hoping we hear something about that soon. Also, he has an appointment with our doctor on Monday and he's going to ask about partial social security disability. He can probably qualify for it with his medical history so we'll see.

Yesterday was great. The DH and I spent a good portion of the day on the couch but I did manage to get up and clean a bit and organized my spice/dishes shelf. I think it made a difference. The problem is that I have so little space for storage in my house that the shelf is just above eye-level so putting things in spots where I can see them is not really an option. But I did the best I could. We also went to Ollie's which we have I realized we have to be very careful about because we could get into a lot of trouble there. I think that we are going to have to allot money to spend there from every paycheck. If not we'll blow $80(like we did yesterday) pretty easily. But we seem to enjoy going there as a pseudo-date. Sad right? Lol.

Friday night we stayed up late and went to bed at around 230! We didnt get out of bed until after 12 on Saturday. Last night I was falling asleep talking with our friends online around 10. I think I may have dozed off at one point. I signed off and was asleep about 1 minute after I turned the light out. Woke up at 6 for a potty run this morning and stayed awake. We are going to church this morning and I have a feeling that if I do lay back down I will not get up again after church is over. Lol.

Okay! Enough of an essay!

JFT, 9-16-18

1. Log all food(been really bad at this)
    2. Go to church
    3. Laundry
    4. Food shopping/Walmart
    5. Clean litterbox
    6. Make dinner!
    7. Dish right after!
    8. Bed early!
    9. Weigh in!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    So I just weighed myself and I haven't gained or lost. It's absolutely amazing! Over the last week and a half I've been checking every few days and a few days I was in the 160's! I was really depressed. Before I started working again I had got down to 148. Now I'm back up to 156. It's because we've been eating a lot of take out. I'm just so tired by the time I get home from work during the week that I just want nothing to do with it. Lol. Well seeing that 156.4 has made me feel really good! I think that if I can get down to 150 again I'll be happy. That seems to be a weight that my body likes. I'm going to work on toning after that. I will always be slighty pear shaped. That's just got my genetics are but if I can make the belly slightly less round I'll be happy. Lol.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Im so glad that your daughter is awake! Praying for your other one as well! I hope you are safe.

@PackerFanInGB Be careful!! Take it slow! I've never had surgery but I can only imagine that it must be hard to sit still. You are always an up and go kind of woman so use this time to relax and pamper.

@cschmitz110515 I hope you have fun at the game today! The DH and I will probably watch it on TV. We're Packers fan as well!

@Bex953172 Take it easy girly girl! Kidney infections are nothing to shake a stick at. I'm glad that you partner is helping. You need to relax and get better! Also glad that your parents could help out as well. Enjoy your time with Casey and the other half.

@Faebert I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. Being a single mom has to be really hard. You're playing the roll of two parents as one person. I'm glad that you know you can come and complain here all you need and that you can always get adult interactions as needed here.

@Snowflake1968 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry it's a bit late! I hope you had fun last night! Enjoy your Sunday! And I can totally relate to the husband being addicted to WOW. My husband is like that with Destiny 2 on Xbox. Drives me crazy sometimes! Know that you are not alone! Lol
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Pack lunch/dinner. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. At park, steps to 10k by 2:30; 22k by end of shift.
    3. No park treat. :(
    4. Finish essay. Review Weeks 8-9.
    5. Review Week 5 essay; review discussion directions for Week 5 post.
    6. Snack: Halo Top - ONE SERVING. Find and submit story for CWG.
    7. Fold laundry. Review 'ongoing' notes for ideas.
    8. Prep Sun lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Sunday
    1. Feed cats. AM park run - 6 miles. Pack lunch. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. SUBMIT ESSAY. Smoothie for breakfast. Check on fitting date/time and note.
    3. Park treat: Cotton candy. Write discussion post.
    4. Review Weeks 8-9. Meet with B.
    5. Find blog posts to comment on next week.
    6. Dinner: Steak! Write blog post.
    7. Input grades. Add to Reflection Responses. Add engchat to Monday JFT. Add pack shoes to Monday JFT. Add upload music to Monday JFT.
    8. Prep Mon lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 185.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options

JFT -- Saturday
    1. Log all food for the day -- I did, as painful as it was ✅
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water ✅
    3. Walk at Home video; try to push past 10 min :'(
    4. Go to Farmers' Market ✅
    5. Visit Senior Services 3 centers / tour each / decide best fit (next week)
    6. Clean out refrigerator; bag garbage :/
    7. Take coat to dry cleaners (next week)
    8. Get booklet from Secy of State office (next week)

It's been just over a month since I rejoined and it's been good. So, yesterday I decided to treat myself. Had late lunch at Bob Evan's and ate both pieces of banana bread. Yum! Then went to a movie and had popcorn and a large frozen. Went over daily by 800 calories. :s:( My 2 lb gain today is not unexpected nor undeserved. The difference is -- Today I START OVER!! So, extra water, eat leaner and with minimal carbs (I hope), minimal salt (again, I hope), stay under calorie goal for the day ... and, you got it, Exercise! Hopefully I'll knock back that 2 lbs in a couple of days and be back on track. I did log everything to keep it honest and so I can see all my peaks and valleys. I also need to learn to manage "treat" days so they don't turn into successive binge days which is what would happen in the past. I want -- this time -- to really learn how to better manage my eating for better long-term success.

JFT -- Sunday
    1. Log all food for the day -- I did, as painful as it was
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water - try for 10 today
    3. Walk at Home video; try to push past 10 min
    4. Declutter at least one area of dining room
    5. Visit Senior Services 3 centers / tour each / decide best fit (next week)
    6. Clean out refrigerator; bag garbage :/
    7. Take coat to dry cleaners (next week)
    8. Get booklet from Secy of State office (next week)

Hope y'all have a successful Sunday
  • cesse47
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

Well I lost it and shouted .....so that was a big fail for me. .... if you’ve made it this far feel free to give me a kick! I need to remember how blessed I am to have these amazing kids and how their childhood will rush past so I need to make the most of it. And that house stuff will always be there so get over it!

X

@Faebert Sorry, no kicks from me. Been there, done that! As a single parent I remember that feeling. A good friend gave me some good advice, so I'll pass it along. Sit your girls down with a little treat and talk to them ... apologize for shouting and tell them you know it made them feel sad ... and explain that it made you sad as well. Just that, apologize and ask them to forgive you for shouting. My daughter is now in her 50's. After she became an adult and had her own daughter, she told me how much it meant to her that I apologized and said it helped her be a better parent.

Regarding housework -- make a game of it with your girls. Get a loud kitchen timer. Call the game a fun name; "A race against time" or "The Smith's Time Bomb" or "The Time smashing Smith's Revenge" or something your girls can connect with. Determine what needs to be done by each of you ... i.e., you're going to work on laundry, Susie is going to clear table and load dishwasher, Janie is going to pick up and put away toys in bedroom. Then, set a timer for 15 minutes and yell Ready, Set, Goooo! and y'all race off to do your tasks. If 15 is too long, start with 10. When the timer goes off, you are all done ... no matter what still needs doing ... Quit. Then congratulate each girl on what she accomplished and complement them on one detail, Susie, I noticed you wiped the table, good job! Janie, the way you lined up your dollies on the shelf is lovely. Do NOT make any suggestions on how they could have done it better. Have a little treat together then move on back to regular routine. You can fit these Time Bursts into every day. Just make sure you let them know how much it helps you and how much you appreciate their help.

Have a fun Sunday!!
  • cesse47
    Options
    ... we've been eating a lot of take out. I'm just so tired by the time I get home from work ...

@HEGoddard0928 A couple of options that might help. (1) prepare a double meal on Sunday, like 2 pans of lasagna, two meatloafs, etc. Portion out the 2nd one a freeze. You then have your own TV dinners ready on those nights you're especially tired. or, (2) use a slow cooker. Put on a roast, a chicken, pork chops, beans, soup, or whatever in the morning and it will be ready when you get home ... plus you'll have leftovers for lunches or dinners tomorrow.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    ... we've been eating a lot of take out. I'm just so tired by the time I get home from work ...

@HEGoddard0928 A couple of options that might help. (1) prepare a double meal on Sunday, like 2 pans of lasagna, two meatloafs, etc. Portion out the 2nd one a freeze. You then have your own TV dinners ready on those nights you're especially tired. or, (2) use a slow cooker. Put on a roast, a chicken, pork chops, beans, soup, or whatever in the morning and it will be ready when you get home ... plus you'll have leftovers for lunches or dinners tomorrow.

Thank you! I actually have a batch of plain chicken in the slow cooker right now! I use it for other meals that call for cooked chicken. I also made a batch of salsa chicken that I put over rice or salad. The DH makes wraps with both. I have all been forgetting to put stuff in the slow cooker during week nights. The DH is going to be off from work for a while so I can have him put things to the keep warm setting now as well.

Thank you for the advice. It just made me realize how much I can do without really having to try!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Oops.. Correction... Faebert...wanted the kick... Lol… now I have foot in mouth... Me Heap Plenty Sorry.. Me Chief Cross Eye. Me See Wrong sometimes... Lol
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Now on a different note..
    I went to see my oldest daughter yesterday. She's having some issues, side effects from the drugs they gave her. Now she hallucinates. The little darling is definitely not out of the woods yet. She's only 95 pounds if that much and 5'3". All those strong drugs were bound to have after effects on her. It would on an even bigger healthier person. I'm prayerful.
    My youngest daughter is home, but has some OBGYN appointments coming up.I will keep you informed. I appreciate all of your love, prayers, and support.

JFT
    BREATHE!!!√
    EAT SENSIBLYSENSIBLY√
    LIGHT EXERCISE ( I'm already tired from yesterday's events)√
    Read
    Maybe watch TV.

• cesse47
    Options
    I just recently joined as well and was made to feel very welcome. So .... Welcome!! :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Feed cats. AM park run - 6 miles. Pack lunch. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. SUBMIT ESSAY. Smoothie for breakfast. Check on fitting date/time and note.
    3. Park treat: Cotton candy. Write discussion post.
    4. Review Weeks 8-9. Meet with B.
    5. Find blog posts to comment on next week.
    6. Dinner: Steak! Write blog post.
    7. Input grades. Add to Reflection Responses. Add engchat to Monday JFT. Add pack shoes to Monday JFT. Add upload music to Monday JFT.
    8. Prep Mon lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Monday
    1. AM easy run: 12 laps, aim for <35 m. Feed cats. Flexibility routine Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
    2. Review Week 8 plans and submit. Make coffee. Review week 5 essay. Write discussion post. Upload music.
    3. Class 2-3: Challenge book.
    4. Class 4 - Research.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog post.
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Muse workshop. Engchat at 7 PM on twitter. Put Plated recipe in database.
    8. Prep Tue lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50. AM MEETING TUESDAY.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 185.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all

Have woken bright (actually dark!) and early this morning and feeling motivated to hit this week hard. My sister is due to have her operation this Friday but she has a tooth infection at the moment and there is a question mark over whether they will operate if it’s not cleared. So, some anxiety there (just want this done and the cancer out of her). Assuming it goes ahead, I need to be on top of my game this week to be as helpful as I can. Going to batch cook some food to freeze so she has some stuff during recovery and want to make sure everything at work is ready for my cover teacher. And have the kids sorted for the day I am away with her. Time to get moving!

Sunday goals recap
    - morning workout ❎ needed a rest day
    - Kids hair wash ✅
    - Help kids finish homework ✅
    - Put away laundry/tidy L bedroom ✅
    - Birthday party for D ✅
    - Early night for all of us ❎ slightly later than I’d like for the kids, but I made it fairly soon after they did so not too bad.

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - Finish phonics screening during assembly
    - April to september challenges
    - chase ex for late payment
    - Chase plumber
    - Draft letter re house damage by neighbours
    - Online grocery shop
    - Early night

Few call-outs..
    @snowflake1968 - did you get your birthday celebration?
    @maryrobinson40 - what’s the latest with your daughter?
    @Bex953172 - how are you feeling? Any better?
    @HEGoddard0928 - great news on the maintaining! Happy for you.
    @cesse47 and all those who responded - thank you for the advice and support yesterday.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoys a good start to the week.

X
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    @Faebert much much better, I didn't have to take any pain killers yesterday, the kidney pain has gone, fever and chills have gone and I generally feel more energised!
    Still got 2 more days of antibiotics though but yes t much better thanks for asking!

No goals today other than to drink plenty and be in the green! Oh and limit carbs