JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,801 Member
    Options
    This is what I woke up to this morning. I have never seen this much snow on my birthday in all my 50 years! z3pff96cqjn6.jpg
    4db1nbk7apjw.jpg
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    This is what I woke up to this morning. I have never seen this much snow on my birthday in all my 50 years!

NOOoooooo!! I'm Not Ready!!
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So yesterday wasn’t too bad. Didn’t get much done. At least not as much as I wanted to but that’s okay. I’m going to get the rest of the stuff done today! I am determined! I really have to make those phone calls to the doctors’ offices. Panda was actually well behaved last night but I took the quilt down as a preemptive step to him being a jerk again. We are going to hang it up on a blank wall across the room. Definitely not over our heads! Lol.

I have a feeling today is going to be another super long day. It’s only been an hour! I feel like it’s been at least 3. LM is at a meeting this morning and then going out to lunch so we will be by ourselves until this afternoon…yay…not really. Only 13 minutes have passed…what the heck!

Well on a bright note I paid off two debts and made a payment on another! This is very exciting because they have been hanging over our heads for the longest time. Lol.

I really don’t have much else to write about…so onto goals I guess.

JFT 9-13-18

1. Log all food
    2. Make phone calls!!!!!
    3. Eat a semi healthy lunch
    4. Do not order out for dinner!
    5. Do the effing dishes!
    6. DH time/reading
    7. Bed by 11

My family has been debt free for a few years and now, and it feels SO good! Congratulations on your payments!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    This is what I woke up to this morning. I have never seen this much snow on my birthday in all my 50 years! z3pff96cqjn6.jpg
    4db1nbk7apjw.jpg

You have snow NOW??????? WAY TOO EARLY!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    4db1nbk7apjw.jpg

You have snow NOW??????? WAY TOO EARLY!!!

It's crazy early! I can't believe it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    This is what I woke up to this morning. I have never seen this much snow on my birthday in all my 50 years!

NOOoooooo!! I'm Not Ready!!

TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE!!! Oh man. It's only September!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    S
    Well on a bright note I paid off two debts and made a payment on another! This is very exciting because they have been hanging over our heads for the longest time. Lol.

My family has been debt free for a few years and now, and it feels SO good! Congratulations on your payments!!!

@HEGoddard0928 I paid off a card this week and wanted to do a happy dance, except I'm still not fully weight-bearing yet! What a great feeling Hannah!

@MLS1582 Can I ask if you used the Dave RAmsey method? I'm reading his book and it feels so overwhelming right now!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    NSV for me!!!
    my best friend Courtney is in the classroom right next to me and was going to a local taco place that is my FAVORITE because she needed to get out of the building. i didn't go! I brought my on plan lunch and stayed and ate it. It helps that it was shepherd's pie from the Always hungry book, one of my favorite meals. I'm pretty dang proud of myself.

You SHOULD be proud of yourself! That's awesome! Congratulations on your NSV! I don't know that I could say no to tacos!
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Guys, today I got up early and went jogging! Who am I?! The eternal night owl, the chronic couch potato. I didn't quite believe it. I've been able to get up at my 6 am alarm, no snooze, the last two days. I even made a simple breakfast burrito recipe this morning with the extra time (late start today). Busy day again, but hoping my week will calm down as I go.

Hey you! You jogged!!! You went jogging! You JOG!!!! That's who you are! You are @jeschepp the Jogger!!! This is so awesome. I love this. xoxo P.S. Thanks for sharing the chicken fajita recipe! Looks delicious! I "pinned" it! LOL

@maryrobinson40 I think many of us can relate on some level in our lives of feeling we don't belong, or we aren't good enough. I know I can. Like our friends on here said...you ARE enough! You are loved. You are worthy. You are uniquely you and nobody can do YOU like you can. xoxo P.S. Be safe in the storm! We will be praying for you.

@MLS1582 I love your story about your lawn that now has "character"! LOL! Be safe! xoxo

@Bex953172 How are you feeling? Is your back feeling any better? I worry about you! xxoo
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - Holy smokes! It's still in the low 90s here when I leave school!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    4db1nbk7apjw.jpg

What!?! Where are you? I need to come there!!!

Seriously, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! It's already a once in a lifetime one, I think. 🎁🎂🎈
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    So when I thought I pulled my back, it was actually start of a kidney infection. So me thinking it was just my back strain I didn't ring the Dr for 2/3? days.
    Anyway
    On Tuesday I turned for the worst, I was white as a sheet, my back hurt so much, I was violently shivering with chills but I felt hot to touch. I had a head ache which would not go, and I still have it now. I had no appetite which didn't help because then being hungry made me dizzy and quite literally dilerious, I had no idea what was going on.
    I dosed up on paracetamol and ibuprofen and plenty of fluids that night and got an early night (in bed at 10 but couldn't sleep till 12 so not really early but I was resting atleast) only till 3am where my headache woke me again. My partner got me a fresh drink, and just sugary foods, anything to get some quick energy in.

Up at 6, still got a headache, school run, came home back in bed, couldn't cope when I woke up again so my partner told me to get an appointment and basically got told I have a kidney infection.
    Started antibiotics yesterday, was told to rest as much as possible which unfortunately isn't much.

Literally been switching from violent chills to sweating all over.
    I ran a hot bath and shivered in it. And then fell asleep in it LOL. That was a bit funny. Must have only been 10 mins.

Anyway still not feeling great, my right kidney is very very painful tonight. Haven't got the heart to tell my partner that I can't get marley to bed at the moment. He's been doing so much for me but I can only ask so much. I can't afford for him to get burnt out.

Tonight was a write off. I managed to cook the perfect dinner, roast beef cooked perfectly, made my own gravy (I've never EVER done this) and it tasted amazing, peas sweetcorn and asparagus and soft buttery mash potatoes. Any meal I make there's always something not quite right but this was cooking perfection.
    Yet all the faffing around getting the kids in their seats and drinks and the whole "I don't want that fork I want the blue one" I sat down with my dinner, took a bite, stone cold. Instant temper. Threw my plate down in the kitchen and went upstairs. Partner found me shortly after (he stayed out the way for me to calm down first) and said don't worry we can reheat it.
    Go downstairs. The dog has ate all my beef. Not the potato, not the veg just the meat.
    My partner just laughed then, said he's never known someone so unlucky and the dog was just wagging his tail.

Anyway just posting to say I'm still alive.
    I've been skimming through posts but I'm not really in any state to remember what everyone's been saying.

Although @maryrobinson40 I hope your safe! We get storm news in the UK, when it's a big one anyway, so I've heard it's a category 2 is that correct?
    I do hope you're okay x I'm not really sure when its intended to hit.

Thanks @PackerFanInGB, I'd just come on to update and saw you mentioned me x

Everyone else I wish you all the best, Ill come on every day but just to read. I do not want trawl through 100+ posts lol!

Eugh sorry that was pretty long lol.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Well, I've been walking for the most part without crutches this week, but my leg is really, really sore today, so I'm thinking I weaned off a bit quicker than I was supposed to, so today I'm paying for it by icing the swollen incision areas and using a heating pad on my back. I'm SO BORED! I wish I could at least go down into the basement and sew on Bex's quilt for Casey but stairs are still out of the question. Last night I found some old knitting needles and yarn I picked up one day at St. Vincent de Paul thrift shop and reminded myself how to night a long thin rectangle. LOL! I'm guessing it will be...drumroll please.............a scarf!

This weekend is opening hunting season and my husband will be going with his two sons and one of the grandsons on Saturday and Sunday, so I'm going to ask him to bring my sewing machine and some of my supplies upstairs to the dining room table so I have something to do and don't get tempted to try the stairs on my own. I've been known to do things like that and they don't usually end well...

I am feeling extremely bloated and am feeling really uncomfortable in my clothes since I've been off. I eat and I get absolutely no activity at all. The more bored I get (when my DH is not home) the more crap I shove in my mouth. Not good. So, here I go again. Water has been a real issue...haven't been drinking NEARLY enough water so I'm going to take @mytime6630's tip and add some lemon juice or some other sweeteners with Stevia that I have on hand. My fingers puff up like sausages when I don't drink enough water.

I hope any of you in the path of Hurricane Florence is either out of harm's way or hunkered down where you will be safe and have what you need. My prayers are with you.

Just for Thursday 9/13/2018
    • Journal EVERY bite - even those "tastes" add up!
    • Water - at least half my weight in ounces
    • Continue working on HSMC Getting Started course
    • 15 minutes digital declutter
    • Take this time to work out a new morning and evening routine for easier transition back to work
    • Do physical therapy exercises x2
    • Gratitude journal / unplug one hour before bed / read
    • 5 fruits and veggies
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

Seriously, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! It's already a once in a lifetime one, I think. 🎁🎂🎈

I am in Edmonton Alberta
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    So when I thought I pulled my back, it was actually start of a kidney infection. So me thinking it was just my back strain I didn't ring the Dr for 2/3? days.
    Anyway
    On Tuesday I turned for the worst, I was white as a sheet, my back hurt so much, I was violently shivering with chills but I felt hot to touch. I had a head ache which would not go, and I still have it now. I had no appetite which didn't help because then being hungry made me dizzy and quite literally dilerious, I had no idea what was going on.
    I dosed up on paracetamol and ibuprofen and plenty of fluids that night and got an early night (in bed at 10 but couldn't sleep till 12 so not really early but I was resting atleast) only till 3am where my headache woke me again. My partner got me a fresh drink, and just sugary foods, anything to get some quick energy in.

Up at 6, still got a headache, school run, came home back in bed, couldn't cope when I woke up again so my partner told me to get an appointment and basically got told I have a kidney infection.
    Started antibiotics yesterday, was told to rest as much as possible which unfortunately isn't much.

I ran a hot bath and shivered in it. And then fell asleep in it LOL. That was a bit funny. Must have only been 10 mins.

Anyway still not feeling great, my right kidney is very very painful tonight. Haven't got the heart to tell my partner that I can't get marley to bed at the moment. He's been doing so much for me but I can only ask so much. I can't afford for him to get burnt out.

Tonight was a write off. I managed to cook the perfect dinner, roast beef cooked perfectly, made my own gravy (I've never EVER done this) and it tasted amazing, peas sweetcorn and asparagus and soft buttery mash potatoes. Any meal I make there's always something not quite right but this was cooking perfection.
    Yet all the faffing around getting the kids in their seats and drinks and the whole "I don't want that fork I want the blue one" I sat down with my dinner, took a bite, stone cold. Instant temper. Threw my plate down in the kitchen and went upstairs. Partner found me shortly after (he stayed out the way for me to calm down first) and said don't worry we can reheat it.
    Go downstairs. The dog has ate all my beef. Not the potato, not the veg just the meat.
    My partner just laughed then, said he's never known someone so unlucky and the dog was just wagging his tail.

I've been skimming through posts but I'm not really in any state to remember what everyone's been saying.

Although @maryrobinson40 I hope your safe! We get storm news in the UK, when it's a big one anyway, so I've heard it's a category 2 is that correct?

Everyone else I wish you all the best, Ill come on every day but just to read. I do not want trawl through 100+ posts lol!

I hope that you are not pushing yourself too hard. You need to rest to get better.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - happy birthday!!! And 50?!! You no way look that old in any of the pics you have posted on here. Enjoy your day. I’m going to ignore the snow thing because I’m still in denial about the end of summer :(

Sending lots of well wishes to @Bex953172 and thinking of those in the path of the storm.

I went for my DEXA scan and seems like I’m maintaining pretty well. Was weighed at around 2lbs up from when I was last there (which was in the morning compared to the evening so not sure if it’s even significant) but they said I have gained 1.5lbs of muscle and .5lbs fat. Body fat percentage of around 16% which makes all the hard work and vigilance on here worth it. Can’t quite believe I’m here at nearly 40. Hope I can keep it up, with all your help.

BUT I had to fast for the hours leading up to it and was so hungry when I got home I can’t even remember what I ate to log it!! Writing off today and starting afresh tomorrow.

Thursday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Planning time out of class (yay!) No snacking!! Try and keep moving ✅
    - April to September challenges ✅
    - Call alarm company ✅ finally!!!
    - Make appointment ✅
    - Check re dinner plans for kids ✅
    - Home early ✅
    - Leave on time for DEXA scan ✅
    - Meet boyfriend after?? ❎
    - Not too late a night ✅

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Print and trim for next week
    - Finish phonics screening
    - Collect car at lunchtime
    - Hot yoga after work

Night all x
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Eat packed lunch :) / >:) Ate lunch was still hungry - got a 4 piece tenders at wendys :s
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. Meds AM and PM :)
    5. Fish oil after dinner ??? I honestly forget - but I did take it this morning, so morning is back in the habit, but evening needs attention
    6. Be kind >:) got home ripping mad from the day and couldnt shake it.
    7. Unpack 3 boxes >:) Blaaaahhhhh

Feeling blah. Work is CRAZY, hence the late check in. Stressing me out and I'm not coping well. Hungry like I have not been in MONTHS - I just want to eat all of the things. PMS? Perhaps? I dont know. It's almost the weekend - but I'm having a hard time balancing my work and relaxing at home now that theres ALWAYS something that can be done I feel kind of guilty when I put my feet up. I guess the recurring theme here is I need to find my balance again.

JFT Thursday
    1. Be kind
    2. Log all food
    3. Lots of water
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Do some stretching and meditation tonight
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 - happy birthday!!! And 50?!! You no way look that old in any of the pics you have posted on here. Enjoy your day. I’m going to ignore the snow thing because I’m still in denial about the end of summer :(

Sending lots of well wishes to @Bex953172 and thinking of those in the path of the storm.

I went for my DEXA scan and seems like I’m maintaining pretty well. Was weighed at around 2lbs up from when I was last there (which was in the morning compared to the evening so not sure if it’s even significant) but they said I have gained 1.5lbs of muscle and .5lbs fat. Body fat percentage of around 16% which makes all the hard work and vigilance on here worth it. Can’t quite believe I’m here at nearly 40. Hope I can keep it up, with all your help.

BUT I had to fast for the hours leading up to it and was so hungry when I got home I can’t even remember what I ate to log it!! Writing off today and starting afresh tomorrow.

Thursday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Planning time out of class (yay!) No snacking!! Try and keep moving ✅
    - April to September challenges ✅
    - Call alarm company ✅ finally!!!
    - Make appointment ✅
    - Check re dinner plans for kids ✅
    - Home early ✅
    - Leave on time for DEXA scan ✅
    - Meet boyfriend after?? ❎
    - Not too late a night ✅

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Print and trim for next week
    - Finish phonics screening
    - Collect car at lunchtime
    - Hot yoga after work

Night all x

Thanks! I have very good genes. My Mom and Grandmother both looked way younger than their years for a long time. My Mom still does.

Good for you on the maintaining! I'm struggling just to lose lately.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY Wednesday 9/12/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day :/
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke :)
    5) Go to the gym :)
    6) Work on orders from my shop :)
    7) Try to fix my embroidery machine again :) Tried, but couldn't fix it. I was able to find someone to bring it to though.

JFT Thursday 9/13/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke
    5) Go to the gym
    6) Work on orders from my shop
    7) Bring embroidery machine to the repair shop
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

I am in Edmonton Alberta

Thank you! It looks beautiful! I love the snow, and after the non-stop heat/humidity this summer, it definitely appealing.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    Anyway

@Bex953172 ..I LOVE YOU SIS... Lol…... You're Soo real! Love that about you..
    My mom used to have a saying, "Like It! Or Lump It"!!, She was a strong no nonsense, loving, wise woman... But don't step to her wrong... Man Oh Man... LMBO. I witnessed her pick one of the men of our family off the floor and she was 5'6 and he was like 5'9.. Lol….. That boys eyes got big like a deer in headlights... She had him in one motion against the wall with a little red rocking chair... Boy! She said..disrespect me again... Of course we all knew there would never be an "again"...😂😂 I miss her.. She was my "SHERO".Your dinner sounded like I need a plate FEDEX to my house... Yum! Yum!
    As far as the storm goes... Schools are cancelled to make room for Emergency lodging, shelves bare, and the storm isn't here yet, but it's coming... They are talking flooding, and down trees and power lines to be expected for our area, but not until tomorrow should we get anything from the storm.
    Sister, WOW ! This post had me crying because of your pain and I wish I was there to help with the children and chores... Then I saluted you for pushing past pain to prepare a meal, then I laughed because I imagined what hyour expression was when you saw what the doggie had done, and the dog licking it's chops like, "What", .. Awww Sis... I truly hope you get well soon.
    If I can, I'll check in tomorrow.. Otherwise, know that I love you Sis…