JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Long day yesterday. All food consumption after morning coffee is a blur. Started at 5:30 (wayyyyyy tooo early for me!!) and returned after 11:30 pm. Participated in a mid-morning brunch and an evening buffet. I know I drank more that 12 waters yesterday so ok there. I think I did pretty good at the buffets; stayed away from all sweets (YEA ME!!), had veggies with minimal dip, and ate small amounts of the main dishes. Also resisted all soft and hard drinks. This morning, jumped right back into plan. Guess my scale will tell me how I did in a day or two.

JFT - Tuesday

1. Log all food for the day
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    3. Walk at Home video; try to push past 10 min
    4. Write checks to pay bills

I'm a walk at home instructor now!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    NSV for me!!!
    my best friend Courtney is in the classroom right next to me and was going to a local taco place that is my FAVORITE because she needed to get out of the building. i didn't go! I brought my on plan lunch and stayed and ate it. It helps that it was shepherd's pie from the Always hungry book, one of my favorite meals. I'm pretty dang proud of myself.
    JFT recap of Monday
    stayed on plan
    drank like, a gallon of water
    didn't roller skate, was too sunburned.

JFT Tuesday
    stay on plan
    drink (water, not beer, sadly)
    log
    racquetball with my kiddo. We're terrible at it, but it's fun and we are SORE the next day.

Nicely done! Way to be stronger than the tacos!!
  • missheidi
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    NSV for me!!!
    my best friend Courtney is in the classroom right next to me and was going to a local taco place that is my FAVORITE because she needed to get out of the building. i didn't go! I brought my on plan lunch and stayed and ate it. It helps that it was shepherd's pie from the Always hungry book, one of my favorite meals. I'm pretty dang proud of myself.
    JFT recap of Monday
    stayed on plan
    drank like, a gallon of water
    didn't roller skate, was too sunburned.

JFT Tuesday
    stay on plan
    drink (water, not beer, sadly)
    log
    racquetball with my kiddo. We're terrible at it, but it's fun and we are SORE the next day.

Nicely done! Way to be stronger than the tacos!!

i lubs the tacos....
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Long day yesterday. All food consumption after morning coffee is a blur. Started at 5:30 (wayyyyyy tooo early for me!!) and returned after 11:30 pm. Participated in a mid-morning brunch and an evening buffet. I know I drank more that 12 waters yesterday so ok there. I think I did pretty good at the buffets; stayed away from all sweets (YEA ME!!), had veggies with minimal dip, and ate small amounts of the main dishes. Also resisted all soft and hard drinks. This morning, jumped right back into plan. Guess my scale will tell me how I did in a day or two.

JFT - Tuesday

Do you have videos on Youtube?
  • missheidi
    Options

JFT - Tuesday

Do you have videos on Youtube?

uh, no.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Checking in before bed. Hope @Bex953172 is feeling a bit better? Yay to @cschmitz110515 for the 5K, @maryrobinson40 for the steps and @jeschepp for the milestone!

Hugs and high fives to everyone working so hard.

Have done ok today. Within goal but didn’t make all goals due to overlong work day. No yoga again but did get over 20k steps!! I have a progress DEXA scan on Thursday as it’s super cheap on offer and nervous that I won’t be good! I don’t mind if there is no change as the last one was great, but backsliding might be a bit embarrassing!

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Leave home early for parent meeting ✅
    - April to September challenges ✅
    - Call alarm company ❎
    - Hot yoga after work (pick up car at lunchtime?) ❎
    - Amazon order ✅
    - Early night again (catching up) ✅

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April to September challenges
    - CALL ALARM COMPANY!
    - Prep stuff for planning cover teacher
    - Hot yoga???
    - Early night

Night all x
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY Monday 9/10/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day :/
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)
    6) Bring son to his appointment :)

JFT Tuesday 9/11/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke
    5) Go to the gym
    6) Work on orders from my shop
    7) Try to fix my embroidery machine
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Argh, not a great day. Waiting for the storm, traffic all over, went to Wal-Mart and shelves are way down. They had all I wanted. We will just hunker down in house and watch the neighbor's pecan tree which I suspect never liked me anyhow. I did manage to get to church on time and to get son's computer to work for his classes--I just guessed which cable and it worked. Classes cancelled for rest of week and tomorrow's evening activities so maybe if the power works we can have catch-up time tomorrow. Chorus cancelled tonight but I am just going to bed rather than work through that time. ATE LIKE CRAZY and went over on calories and I did not like the food so what's up with that. Just ate it because it was there. Too tired but I suspect it is something else (sad, down, missed pills for 2 days). Will organize pills and try to take them tonight and then on schedule again. No shot yet. AND the garbage needs to go out right now. For tomorrow, get act together and be on track...
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Argh, not a great day. Waiting for the storm, traffic all over, went to Wal-Mart and shelves are way down. They had all I wanted. We will just hunker down in house and watch the neighbor's pecan tree which I suspect never liked me anyhow. I did manage to get to church on time and to get son's computer to work for his classes--I just guessed which cable and it worked. Classes cancelled for rest of week and tomorrow's evening activities so maybe if the power works we can have catch-up time tomorrow. Chorus cancelled tonight but I am just going to bed rather than work through that time. ATE LIKE CRAZY and went over on calories and I did not like the food so what's up with that. Just ate it because it was there. Too tired but I suspect it is something else (sad, down, missed pills for 2 days). Will organize pills and try to take them tonight and then on schedule again. No shot yet. AND the garbage needs to go out right now. For tomorrow, get act together and be on track...
    @josephinebowman ... I blew it too...ate 3 hotdogs ...it was like it wasn't me... And like you, I ate it cause it was there.
    For me, it wasn't until an hour later, I'm thinking.. I just fed my emotions because I've been concerned about my daughter... I'm going to get a grip!
    We too are awaiting the storm...🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Is anyone else ready for today to be over? I'm so over work today! I'm leaving early but it's still 2 hours away. Le sigh... The sun finally came out...kinda. it's definitely brighter then it was earlier. Maybe I won't be so sleepy now. I doubt it but it's a nice thought. Lol. I think it's coffee time...

🌹
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: I had one of my birthday chocolates. I told myself it was because dinner was really late and I was hungry, but really I just felt like eating it
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :neutral: Possibly my breakfast, that's about it
    - Be in the green :neutral: Was pretty close
    - 3 bottles water :neutral: Finishing the third now...
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - 5+ fruit/veg :smile:
    - 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Duolingo & French book :smile:
    - Finish work at 6pm LATEST :neutral: I had actually meant 6.30, and managed this
    - Watch GBBO! :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - 5+ fruit/veg
    - Run to work

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo & French book
    - Finish work by 6.30 LATEST
    - Pack for weekend
    - Do the washing up!
    - Lights out by 11
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM speed run: 12 laps, timed on even laps 2-10, aim for <1:40. Feed cats. PLEX Flexibility sequence. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. AM MEETING. Leave by 6:40.
    2. SET UP COMPUTER TIME. Review Week 8 plans and draft. Make coffee. Review week 4 essay. Print project work for ALL CLASSES.
    3. Class 2-3: Infinitives lesson; check project work. Villain Narrative. Dialogue review Wednesday.
    4. Class 4 - Edit printouts of project work. Check for PRs returned. Upcoming: Research.
    5. Parent calls for no PRs. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Shift lessons to units.
    6. Update class websites. Have K use keys to mark student work. Write villain narrative.
    7. PM duty. CALL N ABOUT LOAN TERMS. Zumba 5:30. WEEK 4 POST. Fold laundry while watching Good Place. Dinner: Shakshuka.
    8. Plan out and log meals for Wednesday. Prep lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM basic run: 16 laps, aim for <35 m. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
    2. Print project work for ALL CLASSES. Print gradebook roster. WEEK 4 POST. Review Week 8 plans and draft. Make coffee. Review week 4 essay. Input back work.
    3. Class 2-3: Presentations. Dialogue review. Villain narrative.
    4. Class 4: Presentations. Check for PRs returned. Upcoming: Research.
    5. Parent calls for no PRs. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Shift lessons to units.
    6. Update class websites. Have K use keys to mark student work. Write blog post.
    7. PM duty. CALL N ABOUT LOAN TERMS. Strength 4:30. Week 4 comments. Fold laundry while watching Good Place. Dinner: Pork chop.
    8. Plan out and log meals for Thursday. Prep lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 185.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow - life got a way from me for a couple days there.
    I stepped on the scale this morning - 171.6 (up 1.4lbs)
    It sucks, but I'm not surprised. Running once a week is not enough exercise! Add in the illness that prevented me from walking with teacher friends after school; compare that to the overeating I did; and really I should be glad it's only 1.4 lbs!

Anyway - today is a new day and time to get back to it!

JFT - Wednesday
    • Log everything I eat (I've been debating this. I logged faithfully for almost 2 years & got burnt out, but I think I need to suck it up and do it)
    • 10 minute legs - ALREADY DONE - whooop whooop!
    • Abs

Maybe I'll give up tracking again tomorrow. I'm making the commitment to log JUST FOR TODAY.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY Tuesday 9/11/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day :/
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke :)
    5) Go to the gym :)
    6) Work on orders from my shop :)
    7) Try to fix my embroidery machine :):s (My husband and I fixed one problem, but now there's another one we have to try to figure out tonight...ugh)

JFT Wednesday 9/12/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke
    5) Go to the gym
    6) Work on orders from my shop
    7) Try to fix my embroidery machine again
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: I had one of my birthday chocolates. I told myself it was because dinner was really late and I was hungry, but really I just felt like eating it
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :neutral: Possibly my breakfast, that's about it
    - Be in the green :neutral: Was pretty close
    - 3 bottles water :neutral: Finishing the third now...
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - 5+ fruit/veg :smile:
    - 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Duolingo & French book :smile:
    - Finish work at 6pm LATEST :neutral: I had actually meant 6.30, and managed this
    - Watch GBBO! :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Gotta love GBBO! :smile:
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    GOOD MORNING DEAR LOVELIES🌹🌹🌹
    JUST WANT TO TALK A BIT TO GET REAL FEED BACK FROM MY NEW SISTERS.
    Can you believe this...A day of discovery for me. I've been hiding out. I have been saying that I'm sexy as a "self help pep talk".. But I only realized this morning that I didn't really believe it. After walking my nieces to the bus stop, I suddenly became paranoid to the passing cars and literally froze. When it dawned on me what was happening, I shook myself to snap out of it and that's when I saw the parking lot... Yes it's been there all along, but I didn't view it as a place that I'd be welcome.Crazy right?? I mean, I didn't hear anyone say that I couldn't walk there... It has to do with some inner stupidity that I allowed to block my progress all my life..."THE COLOR OF MY SKIN"... I honestly haven't felt worthy to have things in life. Everything I work to achieve would get snatched away, including my husband...I MUST STRONGLY INTERJECT HERE, I AM NOT PREJUDICE!!! AND PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS OFFENSIVELY... Please don't. But I must say it for you to truly understand my life.
    My husband of 19 full years together, left me for a caucasian woman. And it is not about her color/race... I am labled AFRICAN AMERICAN, but my father was
    American Indian and I can't recall what tribe. I have no idea, for all I know, I could have caucasian ancestery. The point is I have stepped back more times than I've gone foreward.
    Amazing what stepping outside of yourself can reveal. I never saw race...my family are not that kind of people. Mom and Dad taught us to love everyone, and be quick to apologize, and quick to forgive. Something I've lived by all my life. Truly not having met any of you, it's like you've become my extended family of fantastic sisters. So when I send the emoji roses etc. I'm sending you real heartfelt love the only way that I can.
    Ooooo lookie... I think I wrote a book... Lol….
    Sorry for being long winded...
    Hope you will still love and accept me.😅
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday Sept 11
    2L of Water - :/ 1.75
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ over by 2
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Walk - :)
    5 Fruits and Veggies - :( 3/5
    Move hourly at work when in office - :)
    Write in Journal - :/

JFT - Wednesday Sept 12
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes- This may be difficult with the rain
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal

Not sure what is happening today work wise. The Calgary guy probably won't be here until around 10.

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5