JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Hi everyone *sheepish wave* I've been having a hard time sticking to habits lately. I have been slipping back into bad eating and staying up too late, and didn't exercise a single day last week :(. I've been logging food every day so I don't lose my streak (isn't that silly?) and I've put on a few pounds. I know I've been feeling crappier because of it. I want to restart my diet plan on Nov. 1 to reboot myself, and plan to make healthier choices for the next few days leading into it. I think my downfall was the weather. It is dark so early, and cold, and rainy. I miss my outdoor walks. I also miss my soul sisters here!

So tomorrow will be a new day. I need to start where I am at, not where I feel I "should" be. I can do this. I am halfway to my weight loss goal. I think the second half will be harder, but I believe in myself. One step at a time.

For tomorrow:
    80 oz. water
    Track food and exercise
    Under 1.4K calories
    Check in here

The weather kicked my butt in September. I was determined not to allow it to keep me down in October. I started really making an effort with the Leslie Sansone walks and I have beat my highest mileage month now. I just prop the ipad up in front of the tv while I watch a show. You can do it! Get stubborn, that's what I had to do.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Recap M 10/29 ~ Having a bit of a "day" this morning ~ mid-walk, lost my key to our dead bolt during dog walk this morning, realized I lost key at front door & had to ring doorbell to wake hubby for him to let us into house, I plugged first floor toilet at home & had to plunge before leaving, then at work brief power outage & everyone had to manually reboot computers... ah well, the key was unmarked/unlabeled, hopefully lost in leave piles in road & I'm pretty sure > 1/2 mile or more away since that's when I took off my gloves, so little risk there, and rest is just annoyances. :p
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.53 mi 1:03:01 = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,860 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! 43 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO evening snacking / net calories green / 14c water = Did ok! Overtired while waiting for laundry in dryer & ate peanut M&Ms after supper BUT I only took 7 out of bag, resealed bag, enjoyed & logged... gonna call that a semi-win! :D Net calories green 13, sodium -224 (better than it's been), sugar -12, fiber & protein good & 14c water :smiley:
    4) Evening: mail bday cards :smiley: had 1 international one, so had to stand in line, ridiculous wait but finally done / rake leaves in front yard no need ~ hubby used leafblower before I got home... all my hinting finally worked :D / get new "dog" key made no need ~ decided on my lunch hour to retrace dog walk route by vehicle with eagle-eyed hubby, and he spotted lonely key on pink wrist coil laying in city park parking lot ~ whew! :relieved: / pay "forgotten" bill online :smiley: / since no raking needed, did 2 loads laundry & even took most upstairs :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / verify/set alarm, bed & TV off 10:20 :smiley: (walk dog before work T)

JFT T 10/30
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.7 mi 1:07:37 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO snack after supper / net calories green / 14c water
    4) Evening: pick up few groceries for meal plan / make skillet chicken w/ spinach & mushrooms (yum) / get Halloween trick-or-treat stuff ready / other to-do's?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / verify alarm is set/on, bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work W)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Eat slowly and mindfully :/ I need to think more seriously about how I can do this, it's just not a habit for me so I don't remember!

I am a terribly fast eater. I was rushed to eat as a child and our house was always cold in the winter. If I didn't eat fast my food got cold. I hate cold food. I think because of this I don't really enjoy the textures and tastes very much when eating. I know what I don't like, but I'm not very discerning about a good meal either.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday October 29
    2L of Water - :( 1 - I forgot to put water in the fridge when I arrived at work yesterday so it was the start of my downfall. Then we had take out on our way to get more wood and I had coke instead of water for supper.... not good!
    Calories in Green by 150 - Exactly 0 and I worked hard to get it there yesterday
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :( 2 but they were healthier than what I wanted
    Walk 1 Mile - 3 Miles - Leslie Sansone
    Write in Journal - :(
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF - :)

JFT - Tuesday October 30
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF

We went to buy more wood for slicing last night. We think we have enough for 400-500 more "cookies". Rodger cut 300 yesterday and we have been baking them last night and he'll continue today. I still have to sand them as well once they are baked. We stopped at Costco on the way home to grab water. Our city tap water tastes awful! I have not taken hubby with me to this Costco before he is not a shopper normally. We ended up picking up a light sabre for Jonah for Christmas and he picked up a Christmas light that shines on the side of the house like Northern Lights.

I also grabbed a box of chocolate bars for tomorrow night. He convinced me we should grab a box of chips too! Chips are my downfall! I love them! The chocolate could sit there for a long time without me touching it, but man those chips called my name last night. I heard them screaming to be let out I swear! I won though, they are still sealed in their box and will remain there. I am determined!

I am trying to come up with a couple new designs for ornaments this year. I have come up with a couple that are a little risque. On October 17th, Canada legalized the green stuff. I have decided to make an ornament with a leaf on it with a Santa cap on the leaf. Another idea I had was we have these ornaments that are super easy for us to make. They have Santa's belt on them, we paint them red and then write different things on them.
    Dear Santa, Define Good. Love,
    Dear Santa, Its a loooooong story. Love,
    Dear Santa, The eggnog made me do it. Love,

These sell like crazy, people buy them for their spouses, adult siblings, friends. I am going to do one that says
    Dear Santa, The weed made me do it. Love,

I am not going to hang these on my display at the sales because it's still a divided subject here but will have a cute box that has 18+ written on it. I figure if they don't sell at the sales, before December 1st I will go talk to the local store and see if I can sell them there.

I have also come up with a Church in the hills, like you see on Christmas cards. I have a product I use to make windows look like actual glass, so I think a stained glass window would be beautiful. I am now trying to come up with a couple other designs that will work well for Baby's 1st, Our 1st and New Home. The stuff I can personalize sells the best.

We were requested to make a Batman ornament this past weekend and I already have an order for another one. I am creating an instagram account for the ornaments today. I think it may help get people out to the sales.
    0b6fll4jejnf.jpg

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Monday, Oct
    1. log my food :)
    2. concentrate on 8+ c water :)
    3. go to the gym -- already done :)
    4. go out for a walk - October challenge. Remember how good I feel when I walk - mentally :) 3 mile walk!
    5. Read the serenity prayer -- there is so much that we cannot control, so just accept this, and be grateful for what we can control :)
    6. don't try to do too much. It is OK to rest :/
    7. get back on here ... be accountable. :)

JFT, Tue, Oct 30
    1. log all food
    2. stay out of halloween candy!
    3. concentrate on 8+ c water - 2 w/each meal
    4. go to gym - already done
    5. go out for a LONG walk - suppose to be 74 today, with rain tomorrow
    6. mow grass

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 OMG!!! I love the Batman one! As soon as you get the Instagram started let us know. We're putting up a Christmas tree for the first time and would love to decorate it with some of your ornaments.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,108 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 will you think of November's challenge :)
  • gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    gojolida wrote: »
    ❌ enjoy being a person on earth -- Today was kind of stressful and i haven't been sleeping well lately. The scale was up. I also had to miss my night class which I really enjoy.

I think this is a great goal. I think often we (humans) can get so caught up in day to day stresses that we forget the bigger picture: We're really lucky to be alive on a beautiful planet full of (a few exceptions aside) awesome humans. I know you didn't manage to remember this yesterday but I'd encourage you to keep trying. And I might steal the goal. :smile:

it's helpful just to keep it on my to do list, as it reminds me to enjoy small things and notice the world around me. please totally steal it! I wish all people had this as a goal -- people might be kinder to each other.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @mytime6630 will you think of November's challenge :)

Yes -- working on it :)
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I hope it’s ok for me to join. I need to get back to the basics to get myself on track again. Just taking it one day at a time seems like a really good mental approach.

JFT, Tue, Oct 30
    1. log all food
    2. Eat less than 1700 calories
    3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    4. Walk for 90 minutes
    5. Lift weights for 30 minutes.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Struggling a bit at the moment. I think I’ve been on this maintenance train for a long time but haven’t achieved the balance I need. Seem to swing from extreme to extreme, and recently events just make me question my priorities. I feel like I’ve got some work to do to focus on how to be slim, fit and also happy and ‘normal’, because sometimes it seems like staying slim and fit is just taking up way too much head space. Sorry for the ramble but tonight I’m really struggling.

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Drink water!! ✅
    - Home at lunchtime to get car ✅
    - Submit request form for appt ❎ headteacher off sick
    - Read lesson plan from M ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ❎ meeting overran
    - Online grocery shop ❎
    - Early night ❎

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout? Should probably rest but I know myself and I will probably want to atone somehow for a ‘bad’ day today
    - Pack Halloween stuff
    - Submit request form for appt
    - Leave work on time to join kids for Halloween party and trick or treating
    - Meditation
    - Early night
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi all

Struggling a bit at the moment. I think I’ve been on this maintenance train for a long time but haven’t achieved the balance I need. Seem to swing from extreme to extreme, and recently events just make me question my priorities. I feel like I’ve got some work to do to focus on how to be slim, fit and also happy and ‘normal’, because sometimes it seems like staying slim and fit is just taking up way too much head space. Sorry for the ramble but tonight I’m really struggling.

You are doing great!! Just knowing you are struggling is half the battle ..... because you are aware of it, and know what to do! Hang in there. In the meantime ... thought you might get a chuckle out of this!
    But .... I hope your evening goes well, and you realize how far you have come!

5bq8hvjwp7ls.jpg

s3l7wo11j7vk.jpg

• mytime6630
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Tue, Oct 30
    1. log all food :)
    2. stay out of halloween candy! :)
    3. concentrate on 8+ c water - 2 w/each meal :) I got my RED cup out again --- hubby reminded me of that!
    4. go to gym - already done :)
    5. go out for a LONG walk - suppose to be 74 today, with rain tomorrow :) Walked another 1 miles ... this was after the gym, and after spending 60 minutes mowing the grass .... for what might be the last time!
    6. mow grass :)

A much better day today. THis morning, my stomach was so upset ... and then I realized it was all the junk I had been eating. I guess our bodies have a way of letting us know when we are not eating healthy.
    It is now 7:30 pm ... and this is usually the time I start to do the most damage. So I have my water glass with me... in hopes that this will help me make it through the nite! (Oh ... that sounds like a song LOL)!!

PS - update: I had some cashews and raisins .... so hoping to get it through the rest of the nite with NO more snacks!

But ... it does feel good being somewhat back on track!

JFT, Wed, Oct 31
    1. log all food
    2. DO NOT EAT HALLOWEEN CANDY!!! Get rid of all of it!!
    3. concentrate on 8+ cups water --- red cup challenge!
    4. go to the gym
    5. go for a long walk after kids come for halloween.
    6. get back on here ... be accountable

• mytime6630
    Options
    NOVEMBER CHALLENGE TIME

This is the time of year I think we all struggle ... with halloween, the holidays, stress with so much to do, winter blues, etc.

So I am keeping the challenge simple, yet it will be a constant reminder everyday to try and do our best, in baby steps.
    A few months ago, I put a red cup in the bathroom, as a reminder to drink water for each bathroom visit. This helped me. Somehow I forgot about this until yesterday, when hubby had his red cup in the bathroom and told me how this was helping him to drink water.

So this is the November challenge ... but there are 2 parts to this challenge

Put a red cup (or whatever color you want) in the bathroom as a reminder to drink water. For each visit to the little girls room ... drink some water.

The second part of the challenge is to do FIVE somethings .... like 5 jumping jacks, 5 legs swings, 5 arm circles, 5 squats, etc. before you leave the little girls room.

This doesn't have to happen for every bathroom visit ... so a smiley face means you've done it at least once. But the goals is to try and do this each time.

This small little things will remind us all of the importance in drinking our water, and also, the importance in moving. For those that work outside of the home... maybe a drink of water after you get back to your desk (but you can still do simple 5-exercises in the stall)

This is how I will record
    Nov 1: Red cup, :) fives :)

So would anyone like to join me??
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Today went alright, but was a long day. Excited for the half day I took tomorrow to decorate, get dressed up, and hand out candy! I'll be having some candy but keeping it reasonable. Thursday I'll be restarting the Mayo Clinic diet, and hope to get back on track.

@cschmitz110515 Did you have a better day today? Tomorrow is a new day!
    @mytime6630 I feel for your struggles. Let's lean on each other during this and we'll get back on track!
    Also-I love this challenge! I am so in!
    @AJB1014 Thank you for the compassion and cheerleading! Look at all those smileys!
    @Snowflake1968 Thank you for the inspirational words! Going to turn on a walking video now and see how far I get through. Your ornaments are amazing! If I lived closer I would definitely buy some from whatever craft show you sell them at. Do you sell online?
    @Faebert I hear your struggle. Take it one step at a time-you can do this!

Today's check in:
    80 oz. water ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Under 1.4K calories FAIL. Did well until dinner and then went for fast food.
    Check in here ✅

For tomorrow:
    80 oz. water
    Track food and exercise
    Under 1.4K calories
    Check in here
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Reporting back-just did the 20 minute walk at home video and it was just what I needed! Not to hard (or too easy), and got me motivated for exercising again. Thanks all for your motivating words. Have felt like I was starting back at the beginning and I realized today I am not. My progress is still with me.
    Much love to my soul sister team. 💪 ❤️
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I'm going to look up your Facebook tomorrow. I'm really excited to see your work!

@mytime6630 Awesome job hitting your goals today! I am so proud of you! Your hubby is right about the red cup. When I'm at work I keep my 32oz refillable water bottle next to my coffee mug. I always drink half of my bottle of water for every cup of coffee I have... And I love coffee. So the days I am really dragging and need lots of coffee I fill up with lots of water too. Lol. Also...I LOVE THE NOVEMBER CHALLENGE!!! Sometimes I do 15 wall pushups before I leave the bathroom but it's not usually consistent. This month I am going to do it every time I go to the bathroom at work.

@jeschepp The walking video I did was a riot. The DH laughed the whole time!

• mytime6630
    edited October 2018
    Options
    GW4321 wrote: »
    I hope it’s ok for me to join. I need to get back to the basics to get myself on track again. Just taking it one day at a time seems like a really good mental approach.

JFT, Tue, Oct 30
    1. log all food
    2. Eat less than 1700 calories
    3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    4. Walk for 90 minutes
    5. Lift weights for 30 minutes.

Welcome - love to have you join us! Great goals!
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2018
    Options

I just created it, but I have to add pictures to it yet. I will be doing that tonight from home as my daughter took professional pictures of some of our ornaments that I would like to post. The instagram account and fb page are both named RiverwoodCraftsYeg .

I just checked out your FB page -- beautiful work!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    4) Evening: pick up few groceries for meal plan / make skillet chicken w/ spinach & mushrooms (yum) / get

Could you share this recipe? It sounds very good!