JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a bust. I did get some of the things done on my list, but since I had the house alone and I was really tired from my first week back to work, I didn't do much except rest. Mentally I had a list a mile long I wanted to do, but physically my body wanted to rest. Same thing today. I did not expect to feel like this, this weekend. I know my doctor and phys therapist warned me I would, but I thought they were wrong because I was feeling great. *sigh* What do you know? I don't know everything!

So, today I am going to make myself take Maddie for a walk even though it is gray, gloomy, wet and just a generally not nice day out. If I allow myself to not walk on cold or wet days, I wouldn't leave the house until next May! I have to just make myself do it.

My main focus today, after I take Miss Maddie and my lazy *kitten* for a walk, is to spend the whole rest of the day working on the quilt. My husband rigged up a big area for me so it will be easier for me to work on it without half of it hanging down to the floor! What started out as a baby quilt has turned into more of a lap (or multiple laps) sized quilt! LOL!

J4T - Sunday
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Choose my food mindfully
    3. Focus on water
    4. Walk Maddie and hit step goal
    5. Work on quilt - Cut material to size / tape backing down to table / cut batting to size and lay on top of backing / lay quilt top on the top layer / pin quilt together / find middle of quilt / begin quilting a the center
    6. Body / Mind / Spirit
    7. 5 fruits and veggies
    8. Gratitude journal / Simple Abundance / Dodie reading / read another chapter for pleasure

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday. I did take the curtains out - but theyre so wrinkled and they say no ironing and I'm hesitant to steam them because theyre the heat blocking kinda rubber backing - so I just laid them out for now but any tips appreciated! oil

What about washing them and letting them hang to dry or hanging them in the bathroom some how while you shower and let that steam do it?

My grandmother used to use a spray bottle with a fine mist on her curtains I remember her doing it but not sure if it was for wrinkles or a “freshening”.

@AJB1014 I occasionally use the hairdryer to get wrinkles out of clothes when I’m pushed for time. Not quite as good as ironing but surprisingly effective on most fabrics. It might work well as it’s a dry heat so shouldn’t cause any damage?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Had no darn internet lol!
    I've been doing very well last few days, not as good as the day I absolutely smashed it but I've got my water in every day.
    And I feel much better for it.
    I don't know why but it seems to ease some of my thyroid symptoms.

Can't really log as much because of no internet but I'm writing it down in a notepad, which isn't accurate because I'm not calculating the calories but it's being mindful.
    In fact last two days I've not ate much, we paid the rent and other bills and totally forgot to go shopping and we had no money left!
    Soooo MIL helped us out with some money to get some food to last us a few days. The girls have ate fine, at the expense of me not eating but obviously I'd rather starve than them go without.

Snowflake I love the ornaments! I wish I could buy some!

And can't wait for the quilt @PackerFanInGB (is your name Tracie? I'm awful at remembering names)

And @mytime6630 where on earth are you?!?!

I'll pop back tomorrow at some point

Love to EVERYONE!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options
    Oh and Casey is officially crawling now lol not very well but she can move around a fair bit albeit slowly
  • Faebert
    Options
    Just for today I’ve had a terrible day. Rainy, kids being difficult. And I couldn’t be bothered to log or track or generally be healthy in any way. But I am determined to draw a line under it. Back to work tomorrow in more ways than one! The only thing I did manage to achieve was amazon shopping for my three godchildren and their siblings. The basket is ready to checkout and I’ll do that tomorrow. Realised this morning that there is only one month’s pay to go now until Christmas - argh! So trying to pace the timing of purchases...

Sunday goals
    - rest day?? ✅ forced myself back to bed and should have made the most of being rested but instead spent the day in a funk!
    - Walk/jog with kids for coffee and grocery shopping ❎ rain and kids squabbling
    - Pack schoolbags/check schedules ready for return to school ✅
    - Sort emails ❎
    - Christmas present research - godchildren and their siblings ✅
    - Early night✅

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - Double check amazon basket and then checkout items
    - Remember to pack newspaper cutting re maths game - mention to W and M
    - Good as gold?
    - Check parents eve schedule. Reply to M mother and book in alternative slot
    - Help L with reading records straight after work
    - Early night

Have a good evening everyone. See you here tomorrow x
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I've had a weird week due to my husband having a medical procedure where he couldn't eat vegetables and other healthy foods we usually eat. We did get back to our exercise routine. Yesterday we were back in sync and I had a good day even with a evening reception. So I am back to where I was pretty much so plan to have a better week.

JFT:
    drink some water
    eat under my calorie goal
    get organized for the week
    charge my fitbit (I couldn't find the charge cable for the last few weeks!

I broached the subject of maybe cooking more on the weekend so we can add 2 more exercise days to our week to get it to 5. He seemed to think it was doable. I have gotten some stuff done last week and this weekend so we should be able to start next weekend.

since it is later in the day Sunday
    Just for Monday:
    Aquafit
    more water
    eat under calorie goal
    If I do JFT right maybe start the week with a healthier breakfast
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

And can't wait for the quilt @PackerFanInGB (is your name Tracie? I'm awful at remembering names)

Yup! My name is Tracie! Good guess! I worked on the quilt all afternoon! I got the next 4 steps done. It was pretty exciting since this is new to me. By now, I normally would just tie ribbons randomly on it instead of quilting it by actually sewing it! So, it's baby steps but it's coming together nicely... I'm SO excited to get it done and send it to you!

Love ya, girl! xoxo (((BEX)))
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday - alas, I can't use previous weeks for reference because apparently I've been slacking!
    1. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Chop celery. Prep breakfast for Monday.
    3. Lunch with B? AM park run - 5 miles. Write discussion post. Prep saag.
    4. Cleaning. Leave for theater by 12:45. Add TAKE SHOES to Monday JFT. Add 'find effective/ineffective paraphrase examples' to Monday JFT. Get directions for volunteering on Saturday. Set up 2019 insurance.
    5. Prep Mon lunch: Beef stew. Fruit and cheese. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Monday
    1. Rest day - no run. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. TAKE SHOES.
    2. Submit Week 14; draft week 15. Call about coloscopy (Feb 7?) Find effective/ineffective paraphrase examples. Call Walmart to complain that they never have any frozen spinach in their freezers! WHAT THE HECK WALMART! Email conference about turnaround time on proposal.
    3. Class 2-3: Print poems. Check against directions and rubric. Reflection 32.
    4. Class 4 - Poetry; finish typing and print. Reflection 32 (type?) 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Input research grades. Brainstorm Machiavelli. Brainstorm Malala.
    6. Change research lessons to unit format.
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Meetup 6:30? Pick up some Avion on the way back. Put laundry away. Look for documents: social card, birth certificate. Add FINAL EXAM to Tuesday JFT. Set up 2019 insurance.
    8. Prep Tue lunch. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 190.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October).
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.

@gojolida - Maybe? I did eat some salty stuff. But I'm usually pretty good about staying hydrated. I don't always log faithfully, though. I'm definitely pro-voting, of course, but I really wish it was easier to find information that wasn't just about party lines, you know?
    I’m not surprised you find things hectic! Great idea for the election, suppose the other party would accept you? I don’t understand your electoral process very well. There is an election this year but also the presidential election next year, is this year for the party leader?

Next presidential cycle is 2020. This year covers some of the national legislative seats (Senate and House of Representatives) and state and local elections (governor, state legislature, mayors, town council, elected school boards, etc.) 2019 will ONLY be state and local. I don't know if the other party would accept me; I don't know if they check to see if I'm registered as a member of their party or not. I hope to find out more when I show up on Saturday!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    J4T - Sunday
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. Choose my food mindfully :)
    3. Focus on water :)
    4. Walk Maddie :) and hit step goal :)
    5. Work on quilt - Cut material to size :) / tape backing down to table :) / cut batting to size :) and lay on top of backing :) / lay quilt top on the top layer :) / pin quilt together :) / find middle of quilt :) / begin quilting a the center
    6. Body :)pedicure and walk to park / Mind :)reading & quilting / Spirit :)Read 1 verse scripture and spent some time talking to the Big Guy above during my walk
    7. 5 fruits and veggies :# 3/5
    8. Gratitude journal / Simple Abundance / Dodie reading / read another chapter for pleasure :):):):)Going to do these now.

Would have been a perfect day if the Packers wouldn't have lost! LOL! I really had to fight to make myself go for a walk today. But like usual, once I put my shoes on and Maddie and I got going, it felt really good to get the fresh air and clear my head.

I've been really tired today but I didn't let myself sit and do nothing...I spent most of the day working on the quilt. I think I'm ready to begin actually quilting the layers now. Pretty excited about that. We had to put all the leaves in our table to make it as big as we could so I had a surface big enough to pin on! I cleaned the kitchen, decluttered my closet a bit and did laundry, played with Maddie, babied my granddaughter who doesn't feel good today. I read some and now I'm ready to just crawl into bed and read until I pass out! I think I finally wore Maddie out too, because she already went back to our bedroom into her bed by herself! LOL! She is pretty comfortable here and I know I've said it a bunch already, but I just love her and I'm so glad to have her. She makes me smile every single day, and she gets my *kitten* moving with taking walks!

Tomorrow starts a new week at work and I'm hoping it's slow because I'm still playing catch up and have a ton to do!

J4T - Monday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Focus on water
    3. Walk Maddie / Reach step goal
    4. Body / Mind / Spirit
    5. 5 fruits & veggies
    6. Deep breaths when I feel stressed / attitude of gratitude / look for the good in things / be kind & patient
    7. Do some of my task on home to-do list
    8. Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance / Dodie Olsteen reading / unplug and read...
    9. Get up early with Maddie and don't hit snooze

Good Night All! :sleeping:
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters! Have A Wonderful Week!! I'm Rooting For Us!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @HEGoddard0928 - hugs! Sometimes there is just too much going on in life and it can be overwhelming. Don’t worry about not being able to respond to everyone on here.

Maybe it would help if you just concentrated on meal planning for a while. You always seem to have some yummy healthy recipes that you are trying for dinner so if you can carve out some free time to get back to that and ditch the takeaways it might get you back on track?

Well done for doing the video - even if Matt laughed! Next time challenge him to do it with you ;) Have a great time at the wedding!

@AJB1014 - sounds like a stressful situation. Well done for staying on track!

@maryrobinson40 - love your positivity about the new season. I hate the onset of colder winter weather! I will try and use you as my inspiration to look for the good stuff about autumn and winter. And you were asked out - exciting? Do you like this person? Either way, i guess it’s nice to have the compliment, which you totally deserve.

We have started Daylight Saving Time here in the UK and the clocks have gone back an hour so I’m up early. Was planning to take a rest day today but I’m awake and thinking maybe I should work out anyway?? A good day out yesterday and looking forward to a chilled day mostly at home today.

Saturday goals
    - morning workout (early!!) ✅
    - Leave by 9am for station - remember to take dad’s gift for her ✅ but then I accidentally brought it back home again!!
    - Pack some healthy snacks and make sensible choices ✅
    - Day in Manchester with younger sis ✅
    - Long walk? ❎ shopping with the kids instead as weather wasn’t great. But we walked a lot!
    - sort emails in the evening ❎ too tired.

Sunday goals
    - rest day??
    - Walk/jog with kids for coffee and grocery shopping
    - Pack schoolbags/check schedules ready for return to school
    - Sort emails
    - Christmas present research - godchildren and their siblings
    - Early night

Hey Love... Feel free to use me and anything that I share on here. It's my joy when you
    all log in and have taken another step literally, or completing a task, even giving the children their baths.
    I'm honored to be a part of this family. We're Diverse, Strong, Sassy, Funny, Insightful, and have so
    much richness inside us. I LOVE THIS!!!. The guy, I friended on Either MATCH. COM, or OUR TIME, can't remember exactly which one. But we've talked for two years and he's wanted to come pick me up to spend
    the weekend with him... Ah nope! NOPE! NOPE!... I don't know him. Look. I love me..
    That right there, a BIG RED FLAG in my eyes. I was flattered, but I'm cautious.
    Sweet words have lured many into dangerous webs.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    BETTER DAYS AHEAD!😁
    BETTER FOCUS! BETTER REST! BETTER EATING!
    BETTER CHOICES! BETTER STARTS THAT INCLUDE BETTER FINISHES!!
    Better Better BETTER!
    LOL...THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!😁
  • gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sunday goals check in:

(✅) hydrate! 64 oz a day -- DONE lots of herbal tea today
    (✅) read a line in a book -- DONE, and audio booked while working, too!
    (✅) time myself at work for 2 hrs -- DONE and i really enjoyed making progress!
    (✅) eat a fresh veggie! (and ideally 5) -- DONE went to the farmers market and made a fresh meal!

✅ be healthy
    ✅ be mindul at work
    ✅ enjoy being a person on earth

I doubled up on being healthy and enjoying being a person on earth: I went to a farmers market today with my husband, we saw some friends and enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine. Came home with enough produce to share with our neighbors who made us a delicious dinner last night!

Monday, same goals! But i'd like to challenge myself to a cardio workout, too.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in time!

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163

I was thinking that the drop from last week doesn't make any sense, however if you ignore that one and just look at the change from the previous week, it's half a pound per week which I think probably makes sense based on my eating/ exercising behaviour. Hopefully I am right about this and that this week isn't the anomaly instead!

I did really well with my eating from Mon - Thu last week, then it went downhill over the weekend. This week, have to keep it up across the week - not undo all the hard work!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Do exercise DVD

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Finish work by 7.30 latest
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 0 (fresh start!)
  • Faebert
    Options
    Weekly weigh in time!

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163

I was thinking that the drop from last week doesn't make any sense, however if you ignore that one and just look at the change from the previous week, it's half a pound per week which I think probably makes sense based on my eating/ exercising behaviour. Hopefully I am right about this and that this week isn't the anomaly instead!

I did really well with my eating from Mon - Thu last week, then it went downhill over the weekend. This week, have to keep it up across the week - not undo all the hard work!

Yay! Keep it up! Less than 10lbs to your goal weight xx
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Okay...on to goals!

1. Log what I eat 😫 Snack attack...
    2. Do laundry/fold clothes!😑 Did the laundry but didn't fold anything. They're still sitting in the bag.
    3. Text M re Goodwill 😀 We didn't end up going. Lol
    4. Put something in the Crockpot 😶 Yup... And I just looked over and it's still there...16 hours later...
    5. No nap! 😀
    6. Figure out dinner 😀 Honey sesame chicken and brown rice
    7. Look up walking video 😀 Did one too!

JFT 10-28-18

1. Attempt to log all food 🤣 Yeah... When I saw all the food I just didn't even bother. Lol
    2. Throw out food in crock pot 😀 Shame to waste the food but going to try again today
    3. Make chocolate chip cookies 😀 They seemed to be a hit too. There's nothing like homemade chocolate chip cookies
    4. Be ready to leave by 1:30 😀
    5. Eat sensibly 😅 I took small portions but from a lot of different things.
    6. Have fun! 😀

JFT, 10-29-18

1. Log all food
    2. Put dinner in the crock pot
    3. Make lunch!
    4. Work 815-4
    5. Dishes right after dinner
    6. Fold clothes
    7. Clean the bedroom floor
    8. Bed prep @945
    9. Lights out @ 1030
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Had a great time at the wedding. She was beautiful and my brother was misty eyed. The whole service lasted about 2 minutes. They exchanged vows and that was pretty much it. She and my brother are not faith-filled in any way so they wanted to keep God out of it. It was still really nice. It was all the way on the 3rd floor of a theater that my brother does some stage tech work at. There is an illegal bar that used to be a speakeasy in the 20's on the same floor. It's illegal because they do not have a liquor license. When I went and visited him a few times about 7 years ago we spent a few evenings there. The whole top floor was opened up though. There were about 60 people there. I did have some anxiety for a bit right after the ceremony. I think it's time that I find a psychiatrist to have my meds adjusted.

Oh! We saw a cousin for the first time in about 20 years. He and his wife were actually the only family from our side that went. It was kind of sad. But they actually gave us a wedding present as well. The money that they gave us is going to buying a new(used) couch. The guy in the front house of my parent's property just bought a house and is leaving in a few weeks. He is offering his huge sectional to us for almost nothing. Considering our house is about the size of a 2 car garage it won't all fit in here. So we are going to take the couch part right away and my parents are going to take the corner piece and two recliners at least until we move into the front house God knows when. Lol.

But all in all, we had a really good time. It was a smashing success as my father likes to put it.

Okay, time to get ready for work... :'(
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,507 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I no longer weigh myself daily but I peek occasionally. Saturday a.m. weigh-in is my MFP logging day. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ as long as my trend is downward, I get there when I get there!

Age 61, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 140 - 145 [Need to be realistic! Will revisit UG & may revise to maintain 145 - 150]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
    09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
    09/15 = 156.0
    09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before :wink:
    09/29 = 154.0
    10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before
    10/13 = 157.0 birthday treats & adult beverages :p / walked in Run for the Hill of It 5K in 48:13 pace 15:32 & hill 2:01 ~ beat both time (part unpaved trail with sloppy conditions due to 5" rain over 3 days prior) & hill (finish is UP a steep sledding hill) from last year :star:
    10/20 = 155.0
    10/27 = 158.0 oops... lots of leaf-raking the evening before + too. much. snacking.

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,507 Member
    Options
    This is becoming a habit I wish to break ~ recapping for entire weekend on Monday :#

Recap F 10/26 ~ Dragging a bit today... battled with myself to get out of bed in the dark to walk dog before work. After 2nd snooze alarm, I forced myself (feeling v guilty about snacks last night). So glad I did. Going past one driveway in the dark, a woman and her young daughter were getting into their car. Couldn't see them, but guessing by her voice, girl was about 3 yo. She was so excited to see us / "doggy with lights on". LOL ~ made my morning!
    1) Walked dog 3.6 mi 1:04:45 & stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 20,632 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! 95 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks planned w/ wiggle room / NO snacking after supper / net calories green / 14c water = Net calories 26, sodium -645, sugar -27, fiber & protein good, 14c water... snacked before supper since I was wiped out by raking. :D Then cooked veggie burgers, fresh beets & tri-color couscous. :smiley:
    4) Evening: bake zucchini choc cake :( exhausted / boil eggs :smiley: / wash dishes :( back/sides sore from raking & didn't want to stand over sink full of dishes / read Sunday ads :/ forgot / other? :smiley: nice evening so decided to rake leaves ~ got entire front lawn done in 75 min. by really pushing & lots of sweat, dusk to dawn lights were starting to come on just before I finished! :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set alarm for later, bed & TV off 10:30 :smiley: (last farmers market of season Sat. a.m.)

Recap Sat. 10/27
    1) Final farmers market of the season :smiley::'( ~ hope to see some vendors at winter market in Dec. & just learned about a new indoor market on starting Wednesdays that I want to check out! :D
    2) Cut back all rose bushes, moved more planters, more stuff into shed, refilled birdfeeders, refilled birdseed bins, put up winter fencing around rose garden ~ an active day! :smiley: Fitbit 20,042 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 & 30 floors
    3) Made family spaghetti (meat) sauce and chocolate cake as promised to hubby ~ yum! But also snacked on dry roached peanuts & peanut M&Ms between all the chores. >:) Net calories -288 :( , sodium -1,206 :s , sugar -45, fiber & protein good, 14c water
    4) Finally, got out for walk with dog just before dark / 4.15 mi 1:13:13 = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:

Recap Sun. 10/28 ~ Rest day! Felt like I really needed it. :D
    1) Picked up H & choir sang at "little" church :smiley:
    2) Washed up pile of dishes on kitchen counter :smiley:
    3) Still snacking on peanut M&Ms! >:) Net calories -201 :s , sodium -2,072 :s (comfort ate canned chicken noodle soup b/c day was gloomy / rainy), sugar -49, fiber good, protein low :s , 12c water. No wonder I'm not losing any weight! :#