JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Pack breakfast & lunch. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
    2. Draft Week 14. WRITE BLOG POST. Grade classwork & late work; input grades. Print poetry rubrics. Write discussion response 2. Print PRs.
    3. Class 2-3: New S/V agreement worksheet (Move to Thu). Add to class website; update class websites. Hand out PRs and work on anything missing or read challenge book.
    4. Class 4 - Hand out PRs and work on anything missing.
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block. Convert research plans to unit format. Brainstorm Machiavelli - assessment? TAKE COATS HOME.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. SHBP revisions for 2019.
    7. Strength 4:30. Walk to 10k. QUIZ. Draft essay. Put laundry away.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Chicken salad salad. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. LOTS OF SLEEP.

JFT Thursday
    1. No run. Try to sleep late. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH week 14. (Check standards!) Write blog post. Draft essay. Update & print Reflection Reflections. Convert research plans to unit format.
    3. Class 2-3: New S/V agreement worksheet (FRIDAY). Symbolism lesson. Research conferences. Type projects. Hand out rubrics for reflection 31.
    4. Class 4: Poetry. Symbolism lesson. Correct nouns worksheet. Type projects.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Continue essay. Convert research lessons to unit format. Brainstorm Machiavelli.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments.
    7. Portion oatmeal and put in freezer. Leave for park by 4:45. Steps to 10k
    8. Prep Fri lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 186.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October).
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday October 24
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 110
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :) 3 Mile Leslie Sansone
    Move hourly at work - :/
    Craft - :) Was crafting at work so forgot to move
    Write in Journal :)
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF - :) Again, I wanted to sit and relax while I watched a recorded show but walked instead.

JFT - Thursday October 25
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    Craft
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF

I have taken the day off to work on the crafts, I am positive now I won't have enough stock to do me the weekend. I am very angry and disappointed but have to go anyway. I am hoping that hubby will burn some more this evening and I'll just have to stay up to late to get them ready to go.

Love the PJ's @Bex953172 - those are awesome.

May check in later, but will be busy crafting away!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hello my JFT pals! I'm still struggling. Holding on to my habits for dear life but I seem to be veering off course. My morning breakfast habit, the first one I made when changing things, is the only thing that seems to be working still. I've slacked on packed lunches - and we've had takeout quite a few times for dinner. I see history repeating itself. It scares the crap out of me. Two years ago I did the same thing - started in the spring, summer was successful, birthday rolled around and continued into the holiday season and then I gave up all together and landed myself back where I started by the new year. I felt bad about myself for so long I gained 50 lbs before I started again. I DO NOT want to do that again. So last night I really had to think about what has worked and what hasnt. I'm still feeling overwhelmed where I'm at. So my plan of attack is to stick to my breakfasts, take the "easy route" for lunches next week and buy some frozen entrees - atleast its not take out and it's the easiest way to set myself up for success. I've been craving desserts each night so I'd like to try out a protein cheesecake for a weeks worth of treats. Cooking dinner is never truly a huge deal - I love to cook, it's just having a plan in place or else I make all kinds of excuses. So tonight I have a plan - chicken thighs with veggies and basil sauce over white rice. Simple, made simpler by a jarred sauce! I know what I need to do...I just need to make it a priority, not an option.

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Cook dinner at home
    3. Practice breathing/core work
    4. Vacuum living room
    5. Sort Laundry
    6. Start meal planning for next week
    7. Empty/fill dishwasher
    8. De-wrinkle winter curtains and hang in living room
    9. Bed early

JFT Friday AM
    1. Smoothie for breakfast
    2. Take fish oil
    3. Bring left overs for lunch

Running TO DO List
    • Purchase season ski pass
    • Pick up couch yay!!!!
    • Trash run
    • Laundromat for king quilt and winter bulk load
    • Meal plan/prep; protein cheese cake, freezer meals
    • Grocery shop
    • New mop
    • New washing machine???
    • New hot tub filters
    • To be continued...
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 Your quilt is stunning! And the Bible verse is a wonderful touch. I'm sure your cousin will love it.
    @Faebert @clicketykeys Hugs to you, busy ladies!
    @PackerFanInGB Lots of smileys for you yesterday! I wouldn't worry about steps & walks just as you're starting back at work ~ one thing at a time.
    @slittlemeister I love your comments about writing feedback on a colleague! I wish I could do that here ~ maybe I'll just pretend, probably safer for my job. >:) Good luck to you in the restructure!
    @maryrobinson See Mary go!
    @snowflake1968 Clever of you to walk while watching your show, and I'll bet you feel better too.
    @AJB1014 You can do this Ali! I think it's good that you're recalling what works & what doesn't, and then starting with easy things to change. Hanging on to good habits can be hard (I know!).
    @Bex953172 @HEGoddard0928 Hugs to you too, little ladies!
    @gojolida I love your list ~ welcome to JFT!

And to all JFTers (sorry if I missed anyone): Love you all! <3 You truly inspire me, and make me want to put smileys by my entire list.
  • cschmitz110515
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Recap W 10/24 ~ Listened to my body and decided to take rest day = sad dog. But we walked 5 consecutive days for total of 19 miles. :smile:
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,588 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 37 floors :smile:
    2) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / after work attend networking event at Lambeau Field which includes food (no idea what), drinks & 1 hour tour of the stadium ~ try to eat/drink sensibly, limit portions & log best I can after / net calories w/i 200 green? / 12c water = The networking event was great, had a wonderful time, learned some fascinating things on tour & met some very nice people. Food meh ~ it was traditional stadium food miniaturized, so I ate mini brat/bun & pulled pork slider & chips/dip. :s That was my only choice (minus the mini hot dogs), and I was starving by the time food was out. :# Plus one glass of wine. :p But other beverage ticket went for bottle of water. o:) Net calories -723 :s , sodium -575 :s , sugar -11, fiber & protein good (yay), 12c water.
    3) Evening: make grocery list :smiley: / wash dishes :| half before event / move planters :neutral: half before event ~ got home later than expected & no energy so nothing after :/
    4) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / verify/set alarm, bed & TV off 10:20 :smile: 10:30 (walk dog Th before work)

JFT Th 10/25
    1) Walked dog before work & beautiful moon! 3.53 mi 1:03:41 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Eat up leftovers day / meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & net calories green / 14c water
    4) Evening: choir 6:30 / grocery shop after / gas in car / recharge LED gear / to-do list
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / verify alarm is set/on, bed & TV off 10:20 (walk dog F before work)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- 1h30 lunch break :/ I ended up taking less as I got bogged down writing feedback on one of my colleagues for his six month review. He's someone that does everything to cover his own *kitten* and make himself look good whilst not really contributing very much and frequently throwing his colleagues (including me) under the bus. I enjoyed writing this feedback :smile: But it took a while, as I had to make it constructive and fact based rather than just an emotional rant which took a while! It was therapeutic >:)

Oh my gosh. This is SO HARD TO DO! I actually did that this year for one colleague and got thrown under the bus by the colleague who puts the comments together by telling the colleague what I wrote. It was a very awkward and passive-aggressive situation.

Good for you for taking the time to do it constructively and fact-based. Mine was a few quickly jotted sentences that turned into a huge ordeal.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Hello my JFT pals! I'm still struggling. Holding on to my habits for dear life but I seem to be veering off course. My morning breakfast habit, the first one I made when changing things, is the only thing that seems to be working still. I've slacked on packed lunches - and we've had takeout quite a few times for dinner. I see history repeating itself. It scares the crap out of me. Two years ago I did the same thing - started in the spring, summer was successful, birthday rolled around and continued into the holiday season and then I gave up all together and landed myself back where I started by the new year. I felt bad about myself for so long I gained 50 lbs before I started again. I DO NOT want to do that again. So last night I really had to think about what has worked and what hasnt. I'm still feeling overwhelmed where I'm at. So my plan of attack is to stick to my breakfasts, take the "easy route" for lunches next week and buy some frozen entrees - atleast its not take out and it's the easiest way to set myself up for success. I've been craving desserts each night so I'd like to try out a protein cheesecake for a weeks worth of treats. Cooking dinner is never truly a huge deal - I love to cook, it's just having a plan in place or else I make all kinds of excuses. So tonight I have a plan - chicken thighs with veggies and basil sauce over white rice. Simple, made simpler by a jarred sauce! I know what I need to do...I just need to make it a priority, not an option.

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Cook dinner at home
    4. Vacuum living room
    5. Sort Laundry
    7. Empty/fill dishwasher
    9. Bed early

JFT Friday AM
    2. Take fish oil

Running TO DO List
    • Pick up couch yay!!!!
    • Trash run
    • Grocery shop
    • New mop
    • New washing machine???
    • New hot tub filters
    • To be continued...

Before I got pregnant I was doing very well and the lbs were dropping off. I got pregnant and didn't stick with it, like at all.
    And then now it's taken me nearly 8 months to just START getting things back on track!

I see some positives in your post..
    1. You're aware of the pattern of your eating habits
    2. You're aware of how those made you feel
    3. You're making small changes now.
    4. You've kept your breakfast habit so not all is lost!
    5. You're thinking of reasonable alternatives (protein cheesecake sounds delicious!)
    6. You've made an eating plan already.

You've got this!
    You might not realise it and it might not feel or look like it, but you got this.

Keep on at the small changes. There's no time limit, just keep making the small changes and soon you will have changed alot without even realising!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Busy, busy day at work. Holy cow, did I ever miss a lot of stuff! Trying to catch up but needed a breather, so thought it would be a good time to type out my goals.

So, my biggest frustration today is that I wore a dress with leggings today and the materials keep clinging together. Do you know how bad that looks walking down a hall in the *ahem* crotch area and from the back? OMG. I'm moritified! So, now I'm afraid to get a glass of water, use the restroom or even get out of my chair! Absolutely mortified. THIS is why I don't wear dresses...or leggings! :open_mouth:

@Bex953172 , I love your jammies! @Snowflake1968 I love your decorations!

Just for Thursday:
    1. Up by 5:30 so I'm not late for 0700 meeting
    2. Journal every bite
    3. Step goal 7000 / active every hour / walk during lunch
    4. Water, Water, Water
    5. 5 Fruits/Veggies
    6. Evening Tasks
    7. Unplug by 7:00, except for MFP updates. Spend time reading.
    8. Make time for Body / Mind / Spirit
    9. Gratitude journal / Simple Abundance / Dodie Olsteen reading / sleeping by 10:00

October Goals
    Out of the 180's by end of month.
    Walk 5/7 days per week
    Increase distance of walk, to park by end of month
    Swap out seasonal clothing :) Done
    Make appts: Derm, Ophthalmology :) , FP, Day Spa, reschedule dentist
    Return/exchange 2 sweaters Keeping.
    Christmas baking on weekends

October Challenge - Walk 1 Mile:
    10/1: :smile:
    10/2: :smile:
    10/3: :smile:
    10/4: :smile:
    10/5: :smile:
    10/6: :smile:
    10/7: :smile:
    10/8: :smile:
    10/9: :smile:
    10/10: :frowning: Walked Maddie but was less than a mile in length because didn't want to get caught in rain!
    10/11: :naughty: windy and sore hip = stayed in.
    10/12: :smile: Got my steps in at the dog park with Maddie.
    10/13: :frowning: Watched Brewer game and it was dark and I was no longer motivated by the time it ended!
    10/14: :smile:
    10/15: :smile:
    10/16: :weary: Sick with virus
    10/17: :weary: Sick with virus - in Urgent Care
    10/18: :weary: Just starting to feel better
    10/19: :smile:
    10/20: :smile:
    10/21: :smile:
    10/22: :smile:
    10/23: :weary: Exhausted mentally from work, even though it was a great day. I did still hit my step goal, just no extra walk.
    10/24: :naughty: Leg and hip sore today. Stood a lot at meetings and at my stand-up desk. Didn't get walk in.[/quote]
    10/25:

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFTHURSDAY

GET UP EARLY😀
    EXERCISE😀
    DRINk😀
    CHILDREN TO BUS STOP😀
    BOOK TO LIBRARY
    BACK HOME TO STRAIGHTEN BEDROOM
    MAKE GREEN TEA😀
    EAT CHICKEN salad😀
    EXERCISE
    READ 😀
    LOG
    BED

SENDING LOVE, HUGS, AND HAND CLAPS FOR ALL MY SISTERS🙌👏👏👏💖💖💖💖🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🙏

• AJB1014
    Options
    Thanks @Bex953172 your perspective is much appreciated and gave me a brighter view of things - I appreciate your support! Casey gets me everytime with those big brown eyes! So cute!!!

Thanks @cschmitz110515 your encouragement is ever and always appreciated!!!

@Snowflake1968 I love the idea of walking while watching! Way to go making it work for you! Hope you make a good dent on your decorations tonight! Good luck!

@PackerFanInGB Hope your transition back to work is getting a little easier. How is Maddie dog doing with the change in schedules?

@Faebert I'm a bit behind but I'm hoping your bronchitis is better!

@maryrobinson40 Love you, sis! Hope everythings going well for you!

@Jeschepp & @sarah74_vt where you at?! hope everythings ok!

@mytime6630 beautiful quilt and touching sentiment!

and everyone else fighting the good fight - have an awesome day!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Hi Sisters🌹
    How can a woman tell if she's having a mid life crisis?
    I've been quiet on here because it's like I woke up one morning
    feeling strange and haven't been my usual self since. I can't really describe
    what I'm feeling because I haven't felt this way before. It's like I'm edgy, irritated, wanna be spunky, but can't manage to get there. That "I'VE HAD ENOUGH" feeling. Just a strangely mixed bag of not "Mary's" normal feelings.
    I feel like I crying, but don't want to cry because feeling like crying instead of
    being happy makes me angry.... HELP???!😮😐

Aw, Mary! We are here for you! Sometimes those waves of emotions come crashing down - you are not defeated though! It's okay to cry! I cry all the time!!! I used to feel like you - I'd hold on to the feelings of sadness and they would turn into anger. So I've learned to hold on to my feelings a little less - if I feel a cry coming on I just let the tears fall, sometimes for what feels like no good reason. But then the relief comes after and I can let the moment and feelings pass and find my happy self again. Also, as silly as it sounds the little EmergenC packets are packed full of b-vitamins and can help me get out of a funk sometimes when I cant seem to get out of my own way. Love you and hope you start feeling like sunshiney Mary again!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    I've absolutely smashed it today!
    Lots of cleaning, 2x walks, lots of laundry, a nice cottage pie for dinner, 10 glasses of water (oh yeah that's right 10!)
    Ive ate around 1600 and still have 600 left!
    (my Daily is 1200) all that exercise gave me lots of calories, so I've had a very nice snack and feeling very happy with myself!

Logging off for the night tonight now night all!

@mytime6630 love the quilt! How did you get the writing on?

@maryrobinson40 I know the feeling you're describing. It's like all emotions rolled into one. Just go with it, if you need to cry then let it out! It'll be gone then!
    Do you tend to bottle things up?
    Sometimes things can get just too much and everything comes spilling out.
    Maybe get a pen and paper and start writing how you feel, it might be hard at first because you don't know how you feel but just right whatver pops into your head, you'll soon find the source of what you're feeling!
    Big hugs
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Cook dinner at home
    4. Vacuum living room
    5. Sort Laundry
    7. Empty/fill dishwasher
    9. Bed early

JFT Friday AM
    2. Take fish oil

Running TO DO List
    • Pick up couch yay!!!!
    • Trash run
    • Grocery shop
    • New mop
    • New washing machine???
    • New hot tub filters
    • To be continued...

Sister it sounds like you and I are having similar struggles with this food thing. The doctor had me with a nutritionist for a while who told me to eat 3 meals a day and snacks... That's way more food than I'm used to, and the weigh in proved it.. I put on about 15 pounds in 4 weeks. Then doc apologized and told me to go back to the way I was eating, just modify it by reducing carbs, but for me, my body thinks everything is a carb...so then I began reading about sugar
    and that even some fruits tend to be an issue, but what do we do when there's so much mixed information? Then when you do what you're told by people who are supposed to know and that doesn't work either.
    My answer has become this, Listen to and know your own body. Disregard the maddening cravings because they do more harm than good. Detox, flush, and then don't reintroduce the harmful stuff. Caffeine is not our friend and gives a false sense of energy. Resting properly, which we try to run our bodies way
    too much... WE'RE NOT ROBOTS!!
    I take some cues from how I remember being raised and did always waken better and able to do more after proper sleep.And my mom didn't give us sweets daily. Fresh garden vegetables, and fruit, and we were even blessed to have pecan trees, apple trees around. Mom grew fresh mint and would occasionally make a tea from it.
    Ok. Enough of my babblings... I love you Sister and I believe in you...
    Take it easy on yourself because you're a fighter and I see you working at this. So am I. We can't do a thing about yesterday, but for the moment that we're in, we have control. Not looking to what others around us are doing, because we're uniquely designed. You're doing well, as we all are. We tweak this thing
    until we get the right combination to unlock that number we are after. One step, one drop of sweat, one day at a time.💪. YES WE WILL! YES WE CAN!!
    WE ALL HAVE EACH OTHER AND YOU'RE NOT ALONE💖💕💕💕💕👏👏👏👏👏👏🌹

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Struggles aplenty from the sound of it! Hugs @maryrobinson40 and @AJB1014.
    @PackerFanInGB - sorry you’re uncomfortable! But you’ve made me laugh with your description of the wardrobe malfunction! Hope you’ve managed to sneak away from your desk for essentials!
    @cschmitz110515 - glad the networking event was good.
    @Bex953172 - can I have some of whatever you’re on please?!

My day was hectic as expected. Got everything done and have two very happy children. But I’m definitely sliding as far as eating habits are concerned. I’m keeping active and the scale isn’t showing any major fluctuations. But I feel fluffier and fed up because I seem to be thinking about food all the time while I’m at home. Need to tweak my macros or something I think with this colder weather because at the moment things aren’t really working.

I was possibly going to meet my bf after work as part of our attempt to improve things with the odd weekday date night. But he worked really late so couldn’t. I guess at least that’s saved me from a calorie bomb dinner. ;)

Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Kids up and ready to drop P for her day out. Remember swim kit and cash for pizza lunch ✅
    - Play date at home for L. Make clementine cake ✅ and Halloween pumpkin cookies!
    - Pick up P by 3:30. Drop her to cinema for 4:30 ✅
    - Revise poem with L ✅
    - Out with bf? ❎

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Girls hair wash
    - Visit mum and sis to help out. Take cake and cookies
    - Chill out day
    - Hot yoga if childcare available
    - Early night

X
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Thanks Everyone😍
    So I finished my evening in thought, cancelled the library, and night exercise off my JFT... Snacked on an apple. Still emotional so definitely not making any major choices until this passes. Instead, you've all encouraged me and I can say I'm planning some positives for tomorrow.
    JFT... Friday
    Up Early
    Do according to what I can and be proud of my efforts.
    Try making a smoothie for the first time...hope I can digest it... Lol…
    Meds
    No laying around, be productive
    Log on here and be in bed by 11.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. No run. Try to sleep late. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH week 14. (Check standards!) Write blog post. Draft essay. Update & print Reflection Reflections. Convert research plans to unit format.
    3. Class 2-3: New S/V agreement worksheet (FRIDAY). Head to M for Symbolism lesson. Research conferences. Type projects. Hand out rubrics for reflection 31.
    4. Class 4: Poetry. Symbolism lesson. Correct nouns worksheet (PRIDE). Type projects.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Continue essay. Convert research lessons to unit format. Brainstorm Machiavelli.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments.
    7. Portion oatmeal and put in freezer. Leave for park by 4:45. Steps to 10k. Grade research essays.
    8. Prep Fri lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Friday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Saturday - check upcoming to-do list below; class at Y.
    2. Finish week 14; check & update standards; draft week 15-16. ESSAY. Find "You Will Be Fine" or use Donorschoose. Write blog post.
    3. Class 2-3: Poetry: Survey; New S/V agreement worksheet. Project completion check. Rubric & reflection 31 for block 2.
    4. Class 4: Poetry: Survey. Project completion check.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Draft Machiavelli assessment.
    6. Update class websites! WRITE A DOGGONE POST. Finish essay if possible. Call dr office to set up appt? Check on Feb 7.
    7. Leave for park by 4:45. Take 4th research essays. Steps to 10k.
    8. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 11:45; devices off by 12:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 186.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October).
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit rubbish, didn't manage many of my goals. Think it was because of a couple of frustrations work wise. Am not going to dwell on it, will just move on!

Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :/ I made the mistake of ordering a glass of wine rather than G&T and this gave me the munchies. I then had a slightly larger snack than planned before my meeting (had an 8pm meeting, planned to eat a snack before and full dinner after)
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :/
    - Be in the green with a deficit :/ Was just over the limit, so no
    - 3+ bottles water :/ Nope!
    - 2 gin and tonics only :/
    - Run to work :smile:

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :/
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book :/ Not even 1/3
    - Finish work at 5pm :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/ Forgot
    - Lights out by 11 :/ Didn't get back from my meeting till 10, so no

I'm going to keep things really simple today as I'm feeling pretty tired. It's been a long and annoying week.

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - 3+ bottles water
    - Gratitude journal

Current calorie balance: 140 under
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap Th 10/25
    1) Walked dog before work & beautiful moon! 3.53 mi 1:03:41 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,817 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 49 floors :smiley:
    3) Eat up leftovers day / meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & net calories green / 14c water = ACK, ACK, ACK!!! >:) Did ok all day, but after got home from grocery shopping & put everything away, snack attacks (Bugles, dry roasted peanuts) hit... not even sure why, I wasn't really hungry. :s Net calories -729 YIKES! >:) , sodium -142, sugar -49 ack! :# , fiber & protein excellent (of course, I overate!), & 14c water :smiley: whew, one smiley... hope I got snacks out of my system!
    4) Evening: choir 6:30 :smiley: / grocery shop after :smiley: & put everything away including supplies in basement (I didn't leave them for hubby to carry down :wink: ) / gas in car :smiley: / recharge LED gear :smiley: / to-do list :smiley: paid bills online; updated budget s/s & included 2019 ins. rates; washed dishes; decluttered
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / verify alarm is set/on, bed & TV off 10:20 :s have to stop staying up late! (walk dog F before work)

JFT F 10/26 ~ Dragging a bit today... battled with myself to get out of bed in the dark to walk dog before work. After 2nd snooze alarm, I forced myself (feeling v guilty about snacks last night). So glad I did. Going past one driveway in the dark, a woman and her young daughter were getting into their car. Couldn't see them, but guessing by her voice, girl was about 3 yo. She was so excited to see us / "doggy with lights on". LOL ~ made my morning!
    1) Walked dog 3.6 mi 1:04:45 & stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks planned w/ wiggle room / NO snacking after supper / net calories green / 14c water
    4) Evening: bake zucchini choc cake / boil eggs / wash dishes / read Sunday ads / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set alarm for later, bed & TV off 10:30 (last farmers market of season Sat. a.m.)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday October 25
    2L of Water - :/ 1.75
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ 67 but not in the red!
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :) I did it, but I sure was tempted to eat another one and fought with myself about it.
    Walk 1 Mile - :) 3 mile Leslie Sansone
    Craft - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF - :)

JFT - Friday October 26
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF

I am off to the craft show in about an hour. Have to stop at the bank to get some change for my float on the way. Hubby burned one more ornament for me last night after work. He thinks I have more than enough and that I am panicking. I guess I will see how it goes today. This is a 3 day show, I am there until 8 tonight, 10-5 Saturday and 12-4 Sunday. Hopefully he can burn a couple more tonight when he gets home to keep me going if need be.
    I have taken a proper inventory last night and will make sure I keep better track this year of what I sell.

I've read all of the posts but don't really have time to comment just know I'm thinking of you all. I'll try to comment at the show today. I have to go pack up and figure out what I'm wearing.

I just had a mouse peek out at me from under my china cabinet! I am not happy about that! I have some spray I will spray around the trailer before I leave today.