JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 - I had a similar battle this morning to force myself up to exercise. So glad I pushed through and did it! I’m tired this afternoon and grumpy about mess in the house caused by others. Have jumped on here for some anti-snacking motivation and your post and @Snowflake1968 ‘s snack win from last night have refocused me. Thanks ladies!

@snowflake1968 - good luck with the craft show. Hope sales are good but you have enough stock. I’m sure it will be exhausting. Look after yourself and let us know how you get on.

X
  • Faebert
    Options
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    I started an early morning habit that amazingly I've stuck with for a few months. I do push ups and stomach exercises before leaving for work. only takes 10 minutes but its keeping me from falling into the abyss...of not doing anything. lol

Great stuff! Everything counts and starting the day with exercise tends to put me in a good frame of mind for the day. I go to yoga classes quite a lot and one of the phrases I hear from many of the teacher is to be grateful for whatever your body has managed to do, and remember that ‘no effort is wasted’. Like to remind myself of that one if ever I feel I haven’t quite smashed it with a workout or have had to cut it short...
  • hiskidlg
    hiskidlg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I would like to join you if I may. Back in a sec for introduction. I just realized how hungry I was so I need to make and log something healthy.
  • gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Welcome, I started participating in this group in March of this year. I count it as a huge part of my success so far with my weight loss. Posting those goals and having to come back and say I didn't do them is a huge motivator to do them.

Thank you so much! that's really encouraging. I'll keep checking in & thrilled to hear you're doing well with your goals!
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    What a great day you had!
    I think that's a pretty good approach to a project because you know you have a set time to work with!
    Well done anyway and good luck with today's goals!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Thursday goals:

1. do something active first thing in the morning DONE!
    2. grocery shop (fresh veggies!) DONE!!!
    3. 2 hrs of timed work again -- that really made me feel good and i made a lot of progress. WElll... I worked a lot, but not on the project I wanted to make space for, so....

Friday goals:
    1. eat 5 fresh veggies
    2. 2 hours timed focus
    3. hydrate! 64 oz
    4. read a line in a book

good luck with all your goals! let's start this weekend on an upswing!
  • Faebert
    Options
    A pretty good day here today. A nice chance to relax with the kids and managed to avoid the snack trap. Heading out for the whole day tomorrow with two hours each way on the train. Hoping to get a morning workout and nice walk in the autumn sunshine in the afternoon to offset all that sitting! Have a great start to the weekend all! X

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Girls hair wash ✅
    - Visit mum and sis to help out. Take cake and cookies ✅
    - Chill out day ✅
    - Hot yoga if childcare available ❎ :'( miss it!
    - Early night✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout (early!!)
    - Leave by 9am for station - remember to take dad’s gift for her
    - Pack some healthy snacks and make sensible choices
    - Day in Manchester with younger sis
    - Long walk?
    - sort emails in the evening
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Cook dinner at home :)
    3. Practice breathing/core work :)
    4. Vacuum living room >:)
    5. Sort Laundry >:)
    6. Start meal planning for next week >:)
    7. Empty/fill dishwasher >:)
    8. De-wrinkle winter curtains and hang in living room >:)
    9. Bed early >:)

It was a bummer of a day at work - we were really distracted and I didnt have the focus for the chores I had planned. I did take the curtains out - but theyre so wrinkled and they say no ironing and I'm hesitant to steam them because theyre the heat blocking kinda rubber backing - so I just laid them out for now but any tips appreciated! I did replace my lofty goals with things I could accomplish, like wiping down counters and mirrors and things so I felt good about adjusting my plan rather than throwing in the towel completely.

JFT Friday AM
    1. Smoothie for breakfast :)
    2. Take fish oil :)
    3. Bring left overs for lunch :)

Behind on goals for today but making it simpler!

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Pick up couches
    3. Remain calm and kind

JFT Saturday AM
    1. Check IN and BE ACCOUNTABLE
    2. Smoothie for breakfast
    3. Fish oil
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options

Just for Thursday:
    1. Up by 5:30 so I'm not late for 0700 meeting :)
    2. Journal every bite :)
    3. Step goal 7000 :) 9,853!! / active every hour :) 9/12 hours! / walk during lunch after work :) Maddie and I went on our longest walk yet! Have I mentioned lately how happy I am to be able to walk again? LOL!
    4. Water, Water, Water :s I continue to not reach my goal with water, but I am not giving up!
    5. 5 Fruits/Veggies :) Apple / Ginormous salad for lunch with a large variety of veggies / egg rolls for supper (do those count? hahaha)
    6. Evening Tasks :) Cleaned up kitchen, set coffeemaker for morning, laid out clothes for morning, baked 6 loaves of pumpkin bread, cleaned laundry room and went for a long walk with Maddie
    7. Unplug by 7:00, except for MFP updates. Spend time reading. :)
    8. Make time for Body :) Long walk/ Mind :) Read a chapter of my new book / Spirit :) Listened to Joyce Meyers podcast
    9. Gratitude journal :) / Simple Abundance :) / Dodie Olsteen reading :) / sleeping by 10:00 :)

October Goals
    Out of the 180's by end of month.
    Walk 5/7 days per week
    Increase distance of walk, to park by end of month :star:Yea! Did this 10/25.
    Swap out seasonal clothing :star:Done
    Make appts: Derm, Ophthalmology :) , FP, Day Spa, reschedule dentist
    Return/exchange 2 sweaters :star:Keeping.
    Christmas baking on weekends

October Challenge - Walk 1 Mile:
    10/1: :smile:
    10/2: :smile:
    10/3: :smile:
    10/4: :smile:
    10/5: :smile:
    10/6: :smile:
    10/7: :smile:
    10/8: :smile:
    10/9: :smile:
    10/10: :frowning: Walked Maddie but was less than a mile in length because didn't want to get caught in rain!
    10/11: :naughty: windy and sore hip = stayed in.
    10/12: :smile: Got my steps in at the dog park with Maddie.
    10/13: :frowning: Watched Brewer game and it was dark and I was no longer motivated by the time it ended!
    10/14: :smile:
    10/15: :smile:
    10/16: :weary: Sick with virus
    10/17: :weary: Sick with virus - in Urgent Care
    10/18: :weary: Just starting to feel better
    10/19: :smile:
    10/20: :smile:
    10/21: :smile:
    10/22: :smile:
    10/23: :weary: Exhausted mentally from work, even though it was a great day. I did still hit my step goal, just no extra walk.
    10/24: :naughty: Leg and hip sore today. Stood a lot at meetings and at my stand-up desk. Didn't get walk in.
    10/25: :smiley: Walked to the park and back and went the long way! Longest walk so far!

[/quote]

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm at work so have to do this quickly. I had physical therapy today and after working all week, boy oh boy am I ever sore! I cannot wait to get home tonight, take my work clothes and shoes off, throw on my pj's and veg on the couch! 12 more minutes and I'm outta here....but who's counting right?

@Faebert Have a god weekend! I think riding a train for 2 hours sounds like fun, but that's probably because we don't really have a train or anything like that around here to ride. I always want what I don't have you know...

Love to everyone!

JFT 10/26
    1. Journal every bite
    2. WATER
    3. Get the things in a pile on my desk at work done before I go for weekend.
    4. Iron material for backing of Bex's quilt tonight so I can get busy on it tomorrow
    5. Do EOM Bills tonight
    6. Update bullet journal's to-do list for the weekend
    7. Watch movies and just rest
    8. Body / Mind / Spirit
    9. Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance / dodie Osteen / Bed by 10:30 / Up early with Maddie tomorrow

Tracie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday October 26
    2L of Water 1.75
    Calories in Green by 150 - over by 80
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack 🤔 I didn’t really eat supper except for nachos so I had my snack for supper and toast and cheese for a snack. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
    Walk 1 Mile - I am sure I walked probably close to 5 Miles today but it was in a 3 foot radius lol
    Write in Journal - too tired, but a lot to be grateful for
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF - 🙂

JFT - Saturday October 27
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF

I had a tremendous day! Only 1 Harry Potter set left, didn’t run out of anything but had a successful sale day! My table rental for the three days is covered plus some. That is always my biggest fear.

Didn’t have a chance to read everything or comment too busy. Hopefully I can tomorrow, if Jit it will be Sunday!

Thinking of you all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    Look what my hubby designed today, I did the painting when I got home from the show.

cf3zpwdmf9fw.jpeg
    smal49epakf8.jpeg
  • Faebert
    Options
    Look what my hubby designed today, I did the painting when I got home from the show.

cf3zpwdmf9fw.jpeg
    smal49epakf8.jpeg

They are lovely! Well done to you both. So glad to hear it’s going well x
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    I copied this post from another I wrote in a different thread in 2017. Just a reminder of something we may all need to remember. I thought it was a timely, considering the fast approaching season. Be gentle with yourselves, I love you all.

WE ALL need to be more forgiving, patient, and loving of our own selves. While I've been reading and posting this past week or two I've been struck by the fact that at this time of year for some reason we seem to take our normal lives and cram way more stuff in without altering anything. Then we expect it to all fit and are stressed out when it doesn't. ??????

It's OK to do less than everything. Fine, in fact.

I remember this!!! I remember this because it absolutely turned a lightbulb on in my brain when I read it last year. I remember thinking how true it is and how crazy I had been trying to fit in even MORE than I could already manage and that something just had to give and that was that! I am SO HAPPY you posted this again! It helped me tremendously last year in getting my priorities straight. HUGS to you! You always have just the right things to say. xoxoxo
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I LOVE the new ornaments! I would buy a set if I were at your craft show! Those are beautiful!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    JFT 10/26
    1. Journal every bite :star:
    2. WATER :naughty:
    3. This will have to be priority this weekend. Been really bad this week.
    4. Get the things in a pile on my desk at work done before I go for weekend. :star:Got a lot done!
    5. Iron material for backing of Bex's quilt tonight so I can get busy on it tomorrow :star: Ready to sew cut and pin! Took me forever to decide which one I wanted to use! I had 4 different materials I love and had to narrow down to which one I will use.
    6. Do EOM Bills tonight :naughty:Just didn't want to do anything more on a computer.
    7. Update bullet journal's to-do list for the weekend :star: Have a pretty good list going!
    8. Watch movies and just rest :star: Watched "Game Night" with hubby and relaxed.
    9. Body :star: Hit step goal and then rested because that's what my body needed/ Mind :star: unplugged last night and watched movie with hubby / Spirit :star: podcasts
    10. Gratitude Journal :star: / Simple Abundance :star: / Dodie Osteen :star: / Bed by 10:30 :star: actually by 9:00! / Up early with Maddie tomorrow :star:

Happy Saturday! Today I have a birthday party for one of the grandsons, M, and I'm hoping to not give into eating the cake. I plan to eat a decent lunch before I go so I am not hungry. Hubby is going hunting after the party, so I'll have most of the afternoon and evening to myself. Yea me!

I have plans for the afternoon already. Been thinking about it all week. I realized I've been putting off finishing @Bex953172's quilt for Casey because I'm at a point which I've never done before and I'm really kind of intimidated by it. So...I broke it down into small steps which makes it all look so much easier and doable! I'm going to start this afternoon by doing one step at a time and marking it off the list and before I know it, it'll be done! I'm so excited!

J4T - Saturday
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Choose my food mindfully
    3. Focus on water
    4. Bills
    5. Go to M's birthday party
    6. Walk Maddie and hit step goal
    7. Work on quilt - Cut material to size / tape backing down to table / cut batting to size and lay on top of backing / lay quilt top on the top layer / pin quilt together / find middle of quilt / begin quilting a the center
    8. Body / Mind / Spirit
    9. 5 fruits and veggies
    10. Gratitude journal / Simple Abundance / Dodie reading / read another chapter for pleasure
  • gojolida
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    I copied this post from another I wrote in a different thread in 2017. Just a reminder of something we may all need to remember. I thought it was a timely, considering the fast approaching season. Be gentle with yourselves, I love you all.

WE ALL need to be more forgiving, patient, and loving of our own selves. While I've been reading and posting this past week or two I've been struck by the fact that at this time of year for some reason we seem to take our normal lives and cram way more stuff in without altering anything. Then we expect it to all fit and are stressed out when it doesn't. ??????

It's OK to do less than everything. Fine, in fact.

What a great reminder! thank you, @bcTRAI !
  • gojolida
    Options
    Happy Saturday, everyone!
    I nailed my Friday goals, so I'm looking to double up today with the same ones o:)
    gojolida wrote: »
    1. eat 5 fresh veggies
    2. two hours of timed focus on a project i'm working on
    3. hydrate! 64 oz
    4. read a line in a book
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Saturday - check upcoming to-do list below; class at Y. Probably need to add parent calls for Monday.
    2. Finish week 14; check & update standards; draft week 15-16. ESSAY. Find "You Will Be Fine" or use Donorschoose. Write blog post.
    3. Class 2-3: Poetry: Survey; New S/V agreement worksheet. Project completion check. Rubric & reflection 31 for block 2.
    4. Class 4: Poetry: Survey. Project completion check.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Draft Machiavelli assessment. Find effective/ineffective paraphrase examples.
    6. Update class websites! WRITE A DOGGONE POST. Finish essay if possible. Call dr office to set up appt? Check on Feb 7.
    7. Leave for park by 4:45. Take 2nd research essays. Steps to 10k.
    8. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 11:45; devices off by 12:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Leave for Y by 7:30. Treadmill run. Strength class.
    2. Shower. Write discussion post.
    3. Check grocery list with D; choose meals. Grocery shopping. EARLY VOTING! Review essay.
    4. Lunch with B? Add page numbers and Works Cited to Monday JFT. Add 'leave for theater by 12:45' to Sunday JFT.
    5. Leave for park by 4:45. Take 3rd research essays. Steps to 10k. Add 'find effective/ineffective paraphrase examples' to Monday JFT.
    6. Prep Sun meals. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 11:45; devices off by 12:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 189

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October).
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.

And my weight has swung up again, and I'm not sure why this time. Definitely a bummer. Tonight is the last night at the haunted house, though, and I didn't try out for any Christmas theater stuff. I'm really looking forward to things being less hectic. (HA HA HA.) I did sign up to go knocking on doors next weekend and encouraging people to vote; I'm wondering if maybe next election cycle I can sign up with the Other Party because hey, we should ALL be pro-voting, right? And that way I can group up with people who see things differently from me and we can work together toward a shared goal. And maybe I can gain some understanding.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I dont know why I do this. I'll be active on the board until Wednesdayish and then just fall off the face of the planet. Sometimes I'll read the posts and not say anything and sometimes I just stay away. I know that this is part of the reason that the weight has slowly been creeping back on. I haven't been keeping myself accountable for what I have been eating or doing. I don't know why. I feel like I miss a day or two and then feel bad about not doing what I should be doing. Like I'm being a terrible friend to you all. I know that that isn't true but it's been rough. Flo just left so I hope I can get back on track. I haven't been cooking much or bringing my lunch to work. We've mainly been getting takeout because by the time dinner time rolls around I dont feel like getting off the couch. I know that this needs to change. I think that I am going to make a couple of batch meals today and tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, it's my brother's wedding. It snuck up on us awfully fast. It's going to be a potluck so I will have to take sensible portions and attempt to log. It's a wedding of theater people with mainly theater people as guests. Mom and Dad went to the rehearsal last night and said that it will definitely be interesting. Lol.

Okay...enough babbling. I think that I am going to keep my goals simple today. I think I might also look up one of the walking videos that @Snowflake1968 has mentioned. I have a very small house but I can definitely do some walking place(if that is what the videos actually are. Lol) The DH will probably look at me like I'm crazy but oh well. Lol.

Okay...on to goals!

1. Log what I eat
    2. Do laundry/fold clothes!
    3. Text M re Goodwill
    4. Put something in the Crockpot
    5. No nap!
    6. Figure out dinner
    7. Look up walking video

Okay. I think that that should be good!