JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Sisters... Love you bunches💕💕💕💕
    JFT
    I have been listening to music, washed my hair, did laundry and chose to post before it gets any later ( it's 6:22p.m.), instead of putting laundry away... Lol…
    Nothing exciting happening at this point. Rather a yawn of a day.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well my day started well but ended poorly. Too little sleep, some annoying news that I could do little about so left feeling frustrated. Meant the evening was a washout in every way. Happy to be going to bed now and hoping for better tomorrow.

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Leave by 9:15 to go to my sister’s ✅
    - Sis hospital appt at 11:30 ✅
    - Pick up kids from parents ✅
    - Shopping centre on way home? ✅
    - Online grocery shop ✅
    - Laundry ✅
    - Post/paperwork ❎ I moved it from one room to another - does that count??
    - Pay car tax❎ must do by 31st!!
    - Early to bed!❎

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Make cookie dough and icing for girls to decorate
    - Play date here from 9:45
    - Make mac and cheese with L
    - Post/paperwork/car tax
    - Maybe yoga?
    - Def early night

X
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday October 22
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ 52 but at least it was in the green and not red!
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Move hourly at work - >:) I brought my crafting to work yesterday and got wrapped up in it.
    Walk 1 Mile - :) 3 Miles - Leslie Sansone
    Craft - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF - :) I had my evening snack last night and really wanted a second one. I fought myself for about 1/2 an hour and then decided to go to bed rather than watch another show. It helped me avoid eating AND I feel more rested today. Maybe this needs to become a new habit.

JFT - Tuesday October 23
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    Move hourly at work
    Craft
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF

I am anxious to see what my average weight will be for the 7 days tomorrow. As of right now it is exactly the same as last week. No loss, no gain. I maintain at this weight so well, why can't I just lose and then maintain at 40 pounds lighter. It will be a month Thursday since I have been able to log a lower weight in MFP.

I have a friend that calls me in tears all the time, it's very rare that she calls me to just say hi. I think of her as one of my daughters more than a friend that I could lean on when I'm troubled. She lost her mother very young and her Father passed right after my Dad did. She called me last week to tell me that she had been in emergency the night before and had been diagnosed with Gout and when they had ran a urine test they found out something was wonky with her kidneys. She was told to go see her own doctor as early as possible this week. She had not been seeing her doctor regularly and the last time that she had seen him he had given her a req to have blood work and other routine tests completed, including an ECG. She did this before seeing her doctor yesterday. She called me in tears again yesterday and told me she had been to the doctor and was told that her ECG had shown that she had had a heart attack at some point they believe about 5 years ago. She suffers from anxiety and panic attacks and I bet you one of those were actually the heart attack.

I must've scrolled past this earlier but my god, I didn't realise you could have a heart attack and not know about it!
    What does this mean for her?

I've had to ring an ambulance for my partners anxiety attacks before because its been so severe, I couldn't calm him and he genuinely thought something was wrong. And they hook him up to an ECG too. Anxiety can be an awful thing. Normally I try an avoid an ambulance for him but this has really opened my eyes at how similar the two can be!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I have a friend that calls me in tears all the time, it's very rare that she calls me to just say hi. I think of her as one of my daughters more than a friend that I could lean on when I'm troubled. She lost her mother very young and her Father passed right after my Dad did. She called me last week to tell me that she had been in emergency the night before and had been diagnosed with Gout and when they had ran a urine test they found out something was wonky with her kidneys. She was told to go see her own doctor as early as possible this week. She had not been seeing her doctor regularly and the last time that she had seen him he had given her a req to have blood work and other routine tests completed, including an ECG. She did this before seeing her doctor yesterday. She called me in tears again yesterday and told me she had been to the doctor and was told that her ECG had shown that she had had a heart attack at some point they believe about 5 years ago. She suffers from anxiety and panic attacks and I bet you one of those were actually the heart attack.

I must've scrolled past this earlier but my god, I didn't realise you could have a heart attack and not know about it!

I've had to ring an ambulance for my partners anxiety attacks before because its been so severe, I couldn't calm him and he genuinely thought something was wrong. And they hook him up to an ECG too. Anxiety can be an awful thing. Normally I try an avoid an ambulance for him but this has really opened my eyes at how similar the two can be!

I struggled with anxiety and panic attacks for over 25 years, and to be honest they do feel like you are having a heart attack sometimes if they are severe. But I always felt embarrassed that I had panic attacks and never wanted anyone to know, so I could totally see myself lying there having a heart attack because I thought it was a panic attack. Scary! I feel really bad for your friend, @Snowflake1968 , and for your partner, @Bex953172 ! I wouldn't wish those damn things on anyone. They're horrible.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Last post I swear LOL

Marley has a "unicorn wand" and basically it's just a ball on a stick and there's lights inside that spin around.
    Anyway
    Casey likes eating it..
    jl9ffa6ks38l.jpg

This is one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen! I love it! Thank you for sharing! She is so precious, I just want to hug her up! xoxo
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Gosh, I just got caught up. I was in a funk this weekend to be honest. Lots of anxiety over returning to work on Monday. I spent a lot of time meal planning, going through clothing and swapping summer for fall/winter, grocery shopping, worrying about how on earth I was going to catch up, worrying what they were going to say to me when I got back after being off so long, etc... Just was kind of a ball of nerves.

So...I went back to work yesterday and it went okay. I realized how far behind I am, and stressed a bit about that. But then this morning I had a whole new attitude. I can only do what I can do. I'm doing the best I can to catch up. Nobody else expects me to be all caught up yet, so that is self-imposed stress that I need to push away. Today turned out to be a great day and now I feel happy to be back in my routine! :smile:

Miss Maddie is not liking me going to work and leaving her behind. She's being a good girl for my hubby but she paces by the door for a while after I leave and he has to make sure she stays on the chain in backyard or she tries to run away to find my car down the block. I get home and she tries to jump into my arms! She's not a big dog but she's not a tiny lap dog either! LOL! I'm so glad I found her. She brings me great joy every single day.

I have read all the past posts but don't have time tonight to write to everyone, but I wish I could! So many I want to reply to! Just know I'm rooting for you all! I cheer your successes, I feel your sadness, I understand and empathize with your stressors! @slittlemeister , I want to tell you I'm happy to hear that you have made a decision to move on after the reorganization. I hope you get a GREAT promotion, but if not, try to remember that life is just too short to spend living to work instead of working to live. xoxo HUGS to you!

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Up by 5:30 so I'm not late for 0700 meeting
    2. Journal every bite
    3. Step goal 7000 / active every hour / walk during lunch
    4. Water, Water, Water
    5. 5 Fruits/Veggies
    6. Evening Tasks
    7. Unplug by 7:00 before Survivor & Seal Team come on TV
    8. Make time for Body / Mind / Spirit
    9. Gratitude journal / Simple Abundance / Dodie Olsteen reading / sleeping by 10:30

October Goals
    Out of the 180's by end of month.
    Walk 5/7 days per week
    Increase distance of walk, to park by end of month
    Swap out seasonal clothing :)
    Make appts: Derm, Ophthalmology :) , FP, Day Spa (massage), dentist :)
    Return/exchange 2 sweaters Keeping.
    Bake 2 Christmas things per weekend

October Challenge - Walk 1 Mile:
    10/1: :smile:
    10/2: :smile:
    10/3: :smile:
    10/4: :smile:
    10/5: :smile:
    10/6: :smile:
    10/7: :smile:
    10/8: :smile:
    10/9: :smile:
    10/10: :frowning: Walked Maddie but was less than a mile in length because didn't want to get caught in rain!
    10/11: :naughty: windy and sore hip = stayed in.
    10/12: :smile: Got my steps in at the dog park with Maddie.
    10/13: :frowning: Watched Brewer game and it was dark and I was no longer motivated by the time it ended!
    10/14: :smile:
    10/15: :smile:
    10/16: :weary: Sick with virus
    10/17: :weary: Sick with virus - in Urgent Care
    10/18: :weary: Just starting to feel better
    10/19: :smile:
    10/20: :smile:
    10/21: :smile:
    10/22: :smile:
    10/23: :weary: Exhausted mentally from work, even though it was a great day. I did still hit my step goal, just no extra walk.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Breakfast: oatmeal. Pack lunch. Feed cats. Shower. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. WRITE DISCUSSION RESPONSES. Draft week 14. Draft essay. Print poetry rubrics. Convert research unit. Meeting during planning. Input classwork grades. Set up poetry assignment on Classroom. Eval stories for writing group.
    3. Class 2-3: Poetry; set up title page, type poems & sections 1-3. Check choice reading books! Lesson on synecdoche & metonymy Wed! (Thurs?)
    4. Class 4 - Poetry; set up title page & type poems. Update class websites. Check Monday worksheet during Weds catchup class. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Quiz ASAP. Zumba 5:30. Writing group.
    7. Review essay. Prep cheese. Put laundry away? Check grocery list. Set up insurance for 2019.
    8. Prep Wed lunch - soup plus. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Pack breakfast & lunch. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
    2. Draft Week 14. WRITE BLOG POST. Grade classwork & late work; input grades. Print poetry rubrics. Write discussion response 2.
    3. Class 2-3: New S/V agreement worksheet. Add to class website; update class websites. Hand out PRs and work on anything missing or read challenge book.
    4. Class 4 - Hand out PRs and work on anything missing.
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block. Convert research plans to unit format. Brainstorm Machiavelli - assessment?
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments.
    7. Strength 4:30. Walk to 10k. QUIZ. Draft essay. Put laundry away.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Chicken salad salad. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. LOTS OF SLEEP.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 187.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October).
    4. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    2018 Stats...

SW on 1/1/18: 175.4 lb
    1/8/2018: 174.6
    1/15/2018: 175.8
    1/22/2018: 177.2
    1/29/2018: 176.6
    2/5/2018: 178
    2/12/2018: 176.8
    2/19/2018: 176.2
    2/26/2018: 176.4
    3/5/2018: 174.0
    4/16/2018: 177.8
    4/30/2018: 179.4
    5/7/2018: 176.6
    5/14/2018: 174.6
    5/29/2018: 176.6 (Memorial Day 4-day weekend in Indiana at mom's. Ate out for every meal and got no exercise at all)
    6/4/2018: 176.6 (I am satisfied with this since it could have been much worse with grandson's graduation/18th birthday party, PLUS my husband's birthday and his DQ Ice Cream cake down in our freezer)
    =============2018 Half-way Mark=================
    7/4/2018 180 lb I have not been drinking water. I have been eating a lot of salt. I have been having issues and going to PT for lower back and hip pain. Not excuses, but this is what I think happened with this weight gain.
    7/16/2018 178.8 lb
    9/3/2018 179.3 lb
    10/1/2018 180.6 lb (disappointed I'm in 180's again, but happy I'm down from the 184 lbs I weighed about a week ago.) Boy, I really need to get better about keeping these stats current!
    10/8/2018 181 lb (weight not going down, but I started daily walks and starting to FEEL better so that is a step in right direction)
    10/12/18 179.8
    10/22/18 180.8 Depressing to see that instead of losing weight this year, I've GAINED 5 lbs! UGH. Focus on fact that my hip is fixed and I can now take walks, which I have not been able to do for 7 years!

Mini NSV Goals are to:
    []Be able to wear my wedding ring
    []Be able to tuck shirts in comfortably
    []Be able to wear more fitted blouses
    []Have waist of pants be loose enough to be comfortable
    []Be able to walk with friends and not be out of breath
    []Have cardio be a habit at least 4 times per week
    []Lose chicken wing flab on my arms and look decent in sleeveless shirts

Scale Mini Goals:
    Mini goal <180
    Mini goal <175
    Mini goal: <170
    Mini goal: <165
    Mini goal: <160
    Mini goal: <155
    Mini goal: <150
    Mini goal: <145
    Ultimate goal: 140 lbs

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JFT, MONDAY -- another fresh start
    1. log all food :/
    2. concentrate on 8+ cups water :/
    3. October challenge -- go out for a LONG walk tonite since I skipped the gym :):) SIX AND A HALF MILE WALK!! THanks for the Challenge Bex! Getting me back out walking, and loving every minute of it!
    4. take daughter to doctors appt so I can be present to talk to the doctor :) It went OK ... was able to talk to the doctor, and listened to what she is telling my daughter. Not sure it will help, but it's nice to at least be a little involved.
    5. work on quilt tonite :)
    6. vacuum house :/
    7. mindful eating! :)

Am I being forgetful or what!! Searched all over again for my post... and realize I did not post my goals last nite again!
    But .... I had a OK day.

I finished the quilt for my cousin, and all I have to do is the binding, and mail it off! This is the fastest quilt I have made (2 weeks turnaround!). But I wanted to send her chemo hats, and wanted to send a quilt with the hats ... so had to hurry. I hope she likes it:)

This morning I went to the gym, and went for another walk tonite Thanks @Bex!. The walking helps me in the evenings I think with snacking (well, working on the quilt probably helps the most!).

So my goals for tomorrow will be simple:
    1. log food
    2. concentrate on 8+ cu water
    3. mindful eating ---
    4. get that scale moving -- get out of those 200s :'(
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yesterday was good diet-wise, and also work wise as I had training so I had a day away from the usual 'grind' and learnt some interesting stuff.

Less good was that I failed to do my French homework, again. I attempted to do it at lunchtime but after starting I realised it was a much bigger exercise than I thought and not possible to so within an hour. So that will have to be done at the weekend - thankfully the deadline is next Wed not today, although this is kicking the problem into next week.

I'm struggling with French - I've started a fairly intense course that lasts a year and at the end of it I get a qualification (assuming I pass, of course). I'm supposed to do about 4 hours of homework per week but because I went on holiday just after the course started I have a MASSIVE backlog which it's proving hard to make a dent in - as whenever I reduce the pile, more appears on the top! It's a bit like laundry :smile:

Anyway, I have a free weekend and hopefully a day next week, so I WILL catch up across those and then it SHOULD be more manageable. Trying to do it on weekdays is proving Impossible, I just don't seem to have the energy so I am going to have to allocate some time out for it at the weekend/ on free day.

On the plus side, managed 2 days sticking to my food plan and have a 150 calorie deficit so far this week for treats later on in the week :smile: (Need to build up a bigger deficit, can't do b&gger all with 150 Cal's...)

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :smile:
    - Be in the green (with deficit) :smile:
    - 3 litres water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Run to work :smile:

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book :/ Zero...
    - Leave work at 5.30 latest :/ I ended up staying a bit longer. I think if I'm honest I was putting off going home because going home meant doing French homework and I was too tired/ lazy/ demotivated
    - French homework :/ See above
    - Gratitude journal :/ I forgot to do this actually. I have put it on my pillow so that I see it when I go to bed - think it should live there
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Make and Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - Be in the green
    - 2 litres water
    - No alcohol

- 1h30 lunch break
    - Meditate
    - French homework
    - Finish work at 5 latest
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 150 under
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

JFT, 10-22-18

1. Log all food😀
    2. Eat the lunch I brought! DO NOT ORDER OUT! 😀
    3. Call Dr. D re appointment😀 Ended up calling a different doctor and setting up an appointment. This Dr's first appt for a new patient was 3 weeks out. The one I set the DH up with is on Thursday. Lol
    4. Call DH benefits😑 Forgot until later in the afternoon and then just couldn't be bothered. I'll have to do it today.
    5. Look over benefits for next year😑 Can't until November 1st
    6. Work 8:15-5:15 😀
    7. ACTUALLY MAKE DINNER!!!!😁Taco turkey and rice. I love it because it makes loads of leftovers and Matt enjoys it a lot too
    8. Dishes right after dinner 😊 Well it was after dinner... Just not right after. Lol. There was food shopping in between
    9. Come back here😀
    10. Bed prep @930😅I was falling asleep on the couch at 845. Lol. I ended up just going to bed.
    11. Lights out by @1030😂 More like 915!

JFT, 10-23-18

1. Up at 6(need to get back into doing this!) 😁
    2. Prep lunch 😀
    3. Work 815-515😀
    4. Call benefits Dept😑 Couldn't get through. Beyond aggravating!
    5. Start work project😀
    6. Eat lunch I brought! DO NOT ORDER OUT! 😀
    7. Leftovers for dinner (Matt is going out)😅 Pizza
    8. Dishes right after dinner😅 Ate on paper plates so there were no dishes
    9. Bed prep by 9pm😣
    10. Bed by 10😣

Have a great day everyone!

• gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i love how everyone is sharing their goals and successes here. you're checking in and staying mindful, and that is so inspiring.

wednesday goals:
    1. drink water until the MFP cup overfloweth
    2. workout
    3. set a timer for 2 hrs to focus on a project that i've been avoiding
    4. put away my cel phone until evening
    5. clean out the fridge
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Been riding the struggle bus! Keeping things super simple.

1. Log all food
    2. Drink 5 waters at work
    3. Do 10 minutes core work/breathing work
    4. Take Fish oil with dinner

That bus must be getting crowded with all of the people I see struggling :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Good Evening Sisters... Love you bunches💕💕💕💕
    JFT
    I have been listening to music, washed my hair, did laundry and chose to post before it gets any later ( it's 6:22p.m.), instead of putting laundry away... Lol…
    Nothing exciting happening at this point. Rather a yawn of a day.

"Yawn of a day" - Another board that I follow has been having a discussion about the "sameness" day after day. I have been giving this a lot of thought. On one hand we want those quiet days, it gives us a break from all of the excitement that can happen in a life either good or bad, but boy when those same days happen over and over we sure crave something to happen don't we? We as humans are funny creatures.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday October 22
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ 52 but at least it was in the green and not red!
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Move hourly at work - >:) I brought my crafting to work yesterday and got wrapped up in it.
    Walk 1 Mile - :) 3 Miles - Leslie Sansone
    Craft - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF - :) I had my evening snack last night and really wanted a second one. I fought myself for about 1/2 an hour and then decided to go to bed rather than watch another show. It helped me avoid eating AND I feel more rested today. Maybe this needs to become a new habit.

JFT - Tuesday October 23
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    Move hourly at work
    Craft
    Write in Journal
    Stay FOCUSED - DO IT - QUIT BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF

I am anxious to see what my average weight will be for the 7 days tomorrow. As of right now it is exactly the same as last week. No loss, no gain. I maintain at this weight so well, why can't I just lose and then maintain at 40 pounds lighter. It will be a month Thursday since I have been able to log a lower weight in MFP.

I think that when she had the heart attack she was mixing it all up with the panic/anxiety attack. Her and I have pinpointed the day we think it happened. Her Dad had passed away the day before and she was in a hotel by herself 3 hours away from me and her husband. She found out that morning that her Father had cut her out of his will based on lies told to him by her Mother in Law and Stepmother. She called her husband and told him she needed him to come and he refused because no one could watch their dog. She told him she didn't care, leave the dog and come he agreed but then half an hour later told her the dog had knocked him down the stairs. (She found out last year after they separated that this was a lie as she assumed) I talked to her for probably 6 hours all told that day, she was in very bad shape and I remember at one point asking if she should go to the hospital so they could give her something. She had told me that this was the worst anxiety attack she had ever had.

I don't know if the actual anxiety attack can cause a heart attack or if there was a heart attack and she just thought it was anxiety so didn't take it seriously. It's pretty scary to think that people that suffer from anxiety could talk themselves out of going to a hospital when needed though. My daughter suffers from them and they are scary to witness. I feel for you and Ash having to deal with these.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

I struggled with anxiety and panic attacks for over 25 years, and to be honest they do feel like you are having a heart attack sometimes if they are severe. But I always felt embarrassed that I had panic attacks and never wanted anyone to know, so I could totally see myself lying there having a heart attack because I thought it was a panic attack. Scary! I feel really bad for your friend, @Snowflake1968 , and for your partner, @Bex953172 ! I wouldn't wish those damn things on anyone. They're horrible.

I think this is one of the biggest issues with anything that is considered a mental illness. My daughter has been having panic attacks since she was 9 years old. I remember the first one she had I was bundling her up to take her to emergency. My husband started talking to her and got her calmed down. She suffers terribly from them and now has a prescription, since she has had the prescription she has only have 4 or 5 she said just knowing she has those pills in the medicine cabinet helps her calm down. She has only had to take a couple of them. She has become very good at calling her fiance or her best friend before she gets too severe. She rarely calls me, she doesn't want to worry me... go figure!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Gosh, I just got caught up. I was in a funk this weekend to be honest. Lots of anxiety over returning to work on Monday. I spent a lot of time meal planning, going through clothing and swapping summer for fall/winter, grocery shopping, worrying about how on earth I was going to catch up, worrying what they were going to say to me when I got back after being off so long, etc... Just was kind of a ball of nerves.

So...I went back to work yesterday and it went okay. I realized how far behind I am, and stressed a bit about that. But then this morning I had a whole new attitude. I can only do what I can do. I'm doing the best I can to catch up. Nobody else expects me to be all caught up yet, so that is self-imposed stress that I need to push away. Today turned out to be a great day and now I feel happy to be back in my routine! :smile:

Miss Maddie is not liking me going to work and leaving her behind. She's being a good girl for my hubby but she paces by the door for a while after I leave and he has to make sure she stays on the chain in backyard or she tries to run away to find my car down the block. I get home and she tries to jump into my arms! She's not a big dog but she's not a tiny lap dog either! LOL! I'm so glad I found her. She brings me great joy every single day.

I have read all the past posts but don't have time tonight to write to everyone, but I wish I could! So many I want to reply to! Just know I'm rooting for you all! I cheer your successes, I feel your sadness, I understand and empathize with your stressors! @slittlemeister , I want to tell you I'm happy to hear that you have made a decision to move on after the reorganization. I hope you get a GREAT promotion, but if not, try to remember that life is just too short to spend living to work instead of working to live. xoxo HUGS to you!

/quote]

I remember when my Dad passed away I went to NB and was gone from my job for 6 weeks, it was the longest I had ever missed a job. It was all approved and I wasn't fearful of losing my job, but I remember the panic at trying to get caught up when I got back. It was really stressful. I'm so happy to see that it wasn't as bad as you feared.

I am envisioning Maddie attempting to jump up into your arms and for some reason find this quite amusing. I don't know why, but I picture you to be a shorter delicate woman and can see you trying to gather your purse out of the car, and this dog just barreling at you!. It shouldn't be funny, but it sure is heartwarming to be that loved I bet.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, MONDAY -- another fresh start
    1. log all food :/
    2. concentrate on 8+ cups water :/
    3. October challenge -- go out for a LONG walk tonite since I skipped the gym :):)SIX AND A HALF MILE WALK!! THanks for the Challenge Bex! Getting me back out walking, and loving every minute of it!
    4. take daughter to doctors appt so I can be present to talk to the doctor :) It went OK ... was able to talk to the doctor, and listened to what she is telling my daughter. Not sure it will help, but it's nice to at least be a little involved.
    5. work on quilt tonite :)
    6. vacuum house :/
    7. mindful eating! :)

Am I being forgetful or what!! Searched all over again for my post... and realize I did not post my goals last nite again!
    But .... I had a OK day.

I finished the quilt for my cousin, and all I have to do is the binding, and mail it off! This is the fastest quilt I have made (2 weeks turnaround!). But I wanted to send her chemo hats, and wanted to send a quilt with the hats ... so had to hurry. I hope she likes it:)

This morning I went to the gym, and went for another walk tonite Thanks @Bex!. The walking helps me in the evenings I think with snacking (well, working on the quilt probably helps the most!).

So my goals for tomorrow will be simple:
    1. log food
    2. concentrate on 8+ cu water
    3. mindful eating ---
    4. get that scale moving -- get out of those 200s :'(

Six and half miles!!! How long did that take you? That is a nice walk, I bet you get a lot of head clearing time doing that.

It's nice that you were able to go to the doctor with your daughter, does it help you to better understand and help her on her bad days?

Wow, 2 weeks to make a quilt from start to finish that is impressive! I don't quilt, but I have witnessed lots of them being quilted by my Grandmother's. Do you machine quilt or still use the quilt frames that take up the whole living room?

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Yesterday was good diet-wise, and also work wise as I had training so I had a day away from the usual 'grind' and learnt some interesting stuff.

Less good was that I failed to do my French homework, again. I attempted to do it at lunchtime but after starting I realised it was a much bigger exercise than I thought and not possible to so within an hour. So that will have to be done at the weekend - thankfully the deadline is next Wed not today, although this is kicking the problem into next week.

I'm struggling with French - I've started a fairly intense course that lasts a year and at the end of it I get a qualification (assuming I pass, of course). I'm supposed to do about 4 hours of homework per week but because I went on holiday just after the course started I have a MASSIVE backlog which it's proving hard to make a dent in - as whenever I reduce the pile, more appears on the top! It's a bit like laundry :smile:

Anyway, I have a free weekend and hopefully a day next week, so I WILL catch up across those and then it SHOULD be more manageable. Trying to do it on weekdays is proving Impossible, I just don't seem to have the energy so I am going to have to allocate some time out for it at the weekend/ on free day.

On the plus side, managed 2 days sticking to my food plan and have a 150 calorie deficit so far this week for treats later on in the week :smile: (Need to build up a bigger deficit, can't do b&gger all with 150 Cal's...)

I had to take French in school. New Brunswick the province that I am from is the only bilingual province in Canada. I don't remember a lot of it, just enough to get me in trouble, but man I wish I had taken it more seriously. I found it very hard learning a new language with all of the rules, truthfully I don't remember a lot of the English rules either. Hope it gets more manageable after you're caught up. Bonne Chance! (I think that's correct?)

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap T 10/23
    1) Walked dog before work & saw Orion (again... no clouds! :D ) / 3.76 mi 1:08:00 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 17,756 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 45 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & net calories green = Pretty good sticking w/ plan + being flexible and net calories -35 :smile: , sodium green :smiley: , sugar -31 (fruits, veggies, popeye bread, couple of tiny cookies), fiber & protein a little low :/ & 12c water :smile:
    4) Evening: 4:30 SS review meeting :neutral: went longer than I expected, have to email add'l docs & have follow-up meeting *sigh* / pick up kitty litter on way home :neutral: refill bin was empty & didn't want to take time waiting on retail staff so bought new bucket *sigh* / to-do list nope ~ home at 6, made supper (baked salmon, tri-color couscous & canned corn) then watched The Great American Read: Grand Finale on PBS and no energy for anything else :#
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / set alarm, bed & TV off 10:20 :D was in bed & everything off by 9:35!!! (walk dog W a.m. before work)

JFT W 10/24 ~ Listened to my body and decided to take rest day = sad dog. But we walked 5 consecutive days for total of 19 miles. :smile:
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / after work attend networking event at Lambeau Field which includes food (no idea what), drinks & 1 hour tour of the stadium ~ try to eat/drink sensibly, limit portions & log best I can after / net calories w/i 200 green? / 12c water
    3) Evening: make grocery list / wash dishes / move planters
    4) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / verify/set alarm, bed & TV off 10:20 (walk dog Th before work)

Happy hump day all!