JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Waaiiittt a minute. sweet bell peppers have 10 carbs per cup? Are those ones I have to count, or not?
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    Scale goals
    *SIGH* I'm tired of being hungry all the doggone time. And I'm very clearly NOT eating at a deficit. I mean, I get day-to-day fluctuations. But I'm NOT trending downward. It's intensely frustrating, because as far as I can tell, I'm getting plenty of protein, fiber, and fat, and I'm just HUNGRY. I'm tired of it. I'm not starving all the time, but if I eat until I'm content - not FULL, just like... not hungry again half an hour later - I don't lose.

Maybe review your Diet Profile on MFP (under Settings) and tweak some of your goals.

Probably way more than you want to know, but here goes...For example, my goals are not aggressive, since I want to lose weight in a livable way and I always eat back exercise calories. Otherwise I'd be starving every day. Since I have a desk job, I set my profile for Sedentary, with my estimated # of workouts per week and the est. minutes. I deliberately set exercise low, and for losing 1# per week. I'm fine with losing 0.5# per week too, it's not set in stone. That's why I allow myself to have red net calories, just not too many. The trend is the important thing for me.

I do not sync up my Fitbit or MapMyWalk, since I've read about varying results regarding how many calories are burned. Instead, I log all my "exercise" manually into MFP...the database is amazing if you review the entire thing. "Cooking" can be logged and, yes, I have logged that at times. If I'm more active than usual (not exercise, just active) I usually don't enter that into MFP.

BTW, I weigh myself daily and post to http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10633269/just-give-me-10-days-round-29#latest. Hope something in all this is useful. :smile:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,145 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @joan6630 and @OConnell5483

I know you both asked me how my Bullet Journal was going (lol I nearly shortened that to BJ, but think that’s inappropriate:lol: )

But it’s going okay, honestly I’ve been busy so not used it as much as I had liked! And some pages don’t really apply to me. But I’ve been filling it in with pencil and that makes it easy to edit. Realised by the end of the year I can rub it out and start again haha!

I think I need to buy a blank bullet journal and copy my favourite pages into it like the daily planner page as there’s only like 1 page of t but I’d use that daily so would need more lol!

I read mine this morning, thinking I better start using it!!! BUt ..... it is SO pretty, I hate to mark it up LOL. And, like you said, many of the pages I know I may not even use. I think I might do like @OConnell5483 does ... and use a pretty book with blank pages ... which I have here. But the Bullet Journal does give me lots of ideas of what to journal. (And ... maybe I'll just color it:)

Hope your little ones are feeling better? And yes, I think when you are pregnant, wattling definitely has to burn tons of calories LOL!

Yeah I know what you mean lol! It’s very unlike me to write in a printed book. Feels like I’m ruining the book!!

I think it’s beSt to get the blank one because the book is almost like a guide, to find out what you use, what you don’t use, what works well for you and doesn’t and then you can adapt that and create your own which will actually be beneficial!

Massive improvement on Marley, she got off the sofa and played a little bit today at least!
    She’s definitely been more cheery and in less pain!
    She came and sat on my foot to have a pony ride so I guess that means her lady bits aren’t as sore!
    Most the blisters have popped now so she’s in the scabbing/healing process now.
    She’s picked one on her eyebrow so hoping it doesn’t scar. Funnily enough I have a CP scar on my eyebrow lol!

Omg on 1% battery lol need to post now before I lose it!!!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2018
    Thank you all so much for the support!! I wish my weekend was restful but instead I spent all weekend being nurse to my kiddos. Both the younger ones caught something from school. Luckily, I was able to care for them and get their fevers to break within 24 hrs. However, that meant the "every 3 hr medicine routine." (All you Moms know what I mean.) Needless to say, now today I'm not feeling well.

Regardless of all of this, I did accomplish some important items:
    ✔Research Abstract is complete
    ✔All laundry is clean
    ✔Complete building design project w/ hubby
    [This took most of my time! He does all the calculating and planning, then I become his computer assistant bc I'm better with computers.]
    ✔Kiddos are fever and sickness free :joy:
    ✔House has been cleaned
    ✔Budget done

So today, I'm resting. I'll get back to everything again tomorrow.

Everyone hang in there and keep up the good work!
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    JFT MONDAY RECORD
    1. Stick to calorie goal :)
    2. Do yoga class :(
    3. Do fitness class :(

Not quite ready to return to exercise post flu but kept to calorie goal. And tomorrow is another day...

JFT TUESDAY GOALS
    1. Stick to calorie goal
    2. Do yoga class

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    ✔Budget done

Your time was certainly well spent! And today you have nothing hanging over your head so your mind can rest as well as your body.

Thanks for keeping us updated---so glad your kids are well now.

Peace and joy as you rest and recharge.
  • toaljasa
    This is a great idea! Haven't read all of the posts but I love this one day at a time thought process. So for me today, I would like to accomplish the following:

Drink a min. of 64 ounces of water
    Track everything that I eat
    Exercise for an hour

Welcome to JFT! I have been on for around three weeks. It has helped me stay on track and to be overall encouraged everyday!
  • toaljasa
    Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    End of 2017: 174.6
    Jan 31 goal - PREVIOUS: 169. That's a 1.5 lb/week drop from a start of 175, which makes the math a little easier!
    Jan 31 goal - REVISED: 172. *sigh*
    Goal for 1/22: 175. Today: 178. *SIGH* I'm tired of being hungry all the doggone time. And I'm very clearly NOT eating at a deficit. I mean, I get day-to-day fluctuations. But I'm NOT trending downward. It's intensely frustrating, because as far as I can tell, I'm getting plenty of protein, fiber, and fat, and I'm just HUNGRY. I'm tired of it. I'm not starving all the time, but if I eat until I'm content - not FULL, just like... not hungry again half an hour later - I don't lose.

Right now I hate everything and I'm counting it a win that I made it to work and I'm doing my job rather than staying home and getting completely kitten-faced.

UGH! I share your frustration! Are you logging everything you eat? And are you actively working towards getting your 8 cups of water/day in? (I didn't see them on your JFT) I have found both to be very important. BUT, what unstuck me was the water...once I became determined to drink at least 6 glasses a day my weight has continued to slowly work downward. I feel more full and I'm sure it is flushing out sodium, etc. Anyway, just thought I'd share an idea for you to consider.

The important thing is that you are not giving up! Keep logging on here so that you are not alone during this argh! time.

• toaljasa
    Hi!! Just beginning my journey! Have a long way to go, but it’s day by day!!! Doing well so far!! Please add me so I can receive/give support!

Welcome! This is an excellent source for support.
  • toaljasa
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    I wanted to share this as I'm hoping it will add to my motivation...

My WHY

My son took my photo while eating pancakes & bacon on Christmas morning with family. It's the worst photo I've seen of myself! Time to take control of this situation was what went through my head when I saw it. I may print a copy to keep on my fridge for motivation. Also, assorted aches, pains and low energy due to the extra weight. Need to shed about 50lbs. I'm also aware of how people who've known me for years will treat me differently now. It's rather sad. But I intend to make healthy changes.

There is a reason I am the one behind the camera. When I have my picture taken---esp. a candid one---I look like Jabba the Hut in women's wear. Good for you to turn an ugh moment into inspiration and motivation. And you can do this! Keep logging, drinking water, purposely avoiding the traps that are all around us! Focus on the process. You are always so faithful to get on here. That right there says a lot.

Peace, joy, and hugs.
  • toaljasa
    Almost forgot to post this...

11/15= 195
    01/20 = 156.5

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.

I am holding on to your coattail, Cschmitz! We are in the same season of life and I am also wanting to lose (win) slow and steady so I can keep it off and live the rest of my life as healthy as I can. YOU are proof positive that it can be done. Please do not jump off this board when you make your goal! So many of us need you and your inspiration--and your coattail! Thanks so much for sharing.

Peace and joy.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    paperwork is done. I'm applying to teach kid's crafts and stuff at Joanns.
    My husband will be getting paid for at least the next three weeks. Yay!
    still convincing myself to get to the pool.

figured out that i just don't count the carbs in the end of my day totals for veggies and nuts.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Not a bad Monday in the end. Got lots done and ticked off my list but got v frustrated with some work stuff today and not sure I gave my kids my best when I got home. They are finally both fit and well though so I’m happy. Sending hugs to those who are ill or have poorly kids to contend with.

Recap JFT Monday:

- exercise before kids wake up ✅
    - 2ltr + water ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Call locksmith for new lock ✅
    - Go to work early and write the two documents: got there early but other things popped up
    - Hot yoga after work (only if I’ve managed the above. If not, stay and DO THE DOCS!) ✅ (tick for the documents, not the yoga sadly)

Goals for tomorrow 23/1:

- exercise before kids get up
    - 2 ltr + water
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Kids bday party jobs x2
    - Hot yoga after work
    - But lightbulbs! (A ridiculous ‘goal’ but I keep forgetting)
  • Bex953172
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Thank you all so much for the support!! I wish my weekend was restful but instead I spent all weekend being nurse to my kiddos. Both the younger ones caught something from school. Luckily, I was able to care for them and get their fevers to break within 24 hrs. However, that meant the "every 3 hr medicine routine." (All you Moms know what I mean.) Needless to say, now today I'm not feeling well.

Regardless of all of this, I did accomplish some important items:
    ✔Research Abstract is complete
    ✔All laundry is clean
    ✔Complete building design project w/ hubby
    [This took most of my time! He does all the calculating and planning, then I become his computer assistant bc I'm better with computers.]
    ✔Kiddos are fever and sickness free :joy:
    ✔House has been cleaned
    ✔Budget done

Do make sure you rest!
    I know I feel wiped out looking after kids with chicken pox! And I can’t even catch that! Hopefully you avoid getting whatever they had!

And yes I do know the 3hr rule hahaha

It’s exhausting doing anything when pregnant.
    I get out of breath climbing the stairs haha
  • Bex953172

11/15= 195
    01/20 = 156.5

Holy €rap that’s amazing!
    So you’ve lost 40lb?! Is that in 2 months?! Or just over a year?

You US-ers do the date backwards, and yes it is you who does it backwards not us UKers haha :wink:
    Throws me every time takes me ages to figure it out!

• ImNancyLynn
    ImNancyLynn Posts: 36 Member
    Today and just for today I want to log each bite I eat. That is my goal today! Thank you for your support. Nancy
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2018

11/15= 195
    01/20 = 156.5

Holy €rap that’s amazing!
    So you’ve lost 40lb?! Is that in 2 months?! Or just over a year?

You US-ers do the date backwards, and yes it is you who does it backwards not us UKers haha :wink:

Um, no, hahaha...this is my true timeline:
    Nov 5, 2015 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Jan 10, 2017 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    May 31, 2017 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    Jan 20, 2018 = 156.5 hadn't realized I was close to MFP 40# loss :star:

I get what you're saying about the dates, sometimes I have to read posts more than once to get it! :smiley:

Edited just for you, @Bex953172 :wink:
  • toaljasa

11/15= 195
    01/20 = 156.5

When we lived in Belgium it took me awhile to get the hang of the dates...and the way the number 1 is written...and how street addresses are written. Do y'all also list the street name first and then the house number like in Belgium?

It does make more sense... I can't be concerned about the house number until I know the street. So listing street first, to me, makes more sense. But the date still threw me for a loop...like it does you!