JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! Haven't read all of the posts but I love this one day at a time thought process. So for me today, I would like to accomplish the following:

Drink a min. of 64 ounces of water
    Track everything that I eat
    Exercise for an hour

It's a great thread @karadupree0906 . Very supportive, welcome!

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay so Marley is a lot worse today!

Getting the jet washer today so was hoping to do the garden but looks like Marley will need watching all day. She’s definitely got it worse than Saskia, it’s all over!. Think oat baths all day and cream will help.

She’s just trying to pick at the spots and although she doesn’t throw an almighty tantrum, she keeps trying to do it over and over again where at least my eldest stopped when told to!

Poor kid!
    So no goals today just looking after the poorly!

poor Marley! poor Mommy! will she wear mittens?
  • missheidi
    Options
    penko47 wrote: »
    JFY
    1. 15,000 Steps :)
    2. log everything on MFP :) I went way over my calories!!! but I logged it EVERYTHING
    3. Drink 6 bottles of water :)
    4. Do one thing on my long priority work to do list :(

JFT
    1. 20,000 Steps
    2. log everything on MFP
    3. Stay in the green
    4. Drink 6 bottles of water
    5. Do one thing on my long priority work to do list

that is a LOT of steps.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,520 Member
    Options
    Recap Sunday 1/21
    1) Bible class & church = done :smiley:
    2) Wash sheets & towels = done + one load of clothes :smiley:
    3) Walk dog...with above normal temps, ice on neighborhood roads pretty much melted, until next winter weather tonight & tomorrow = high temp mid-40s, melting snow & messy out, walked dog 3.26 miles...happy/muddy/wet dog and happy me B) Fitbit 14,797 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 hours & 30 floors :smiley:
    4) Meal plan & start grocery list...plan for hubby's traditional bday dinner = 2x done :smiley::smiley:
    5) Lots of water to flush system / net calories w/i 100 green = Net calories, sodium & sugar red, fiber & protein low & 14c water :/
    6) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = 3x done! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

JFT M 1/22 - still catching up sleep instead of treadmill before work :/
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Net calories green and >12c water
    3) Evening: since didn't walk treadmill this morning, and have DDS appt. at 7:50 a.m. tomorrow, do some sort of workout
    4) At least 3 things on to-do list
    5) Use Calm app for 5 minutes (have to start over)
    6) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • missheidi
    Options
    Hi!! Just beginning my journey! Have a long way to go, but it’s day by day!!! Doing well so far!! Please add me so I can receive/give support!

Welcome! this is an awesome group.
  • missheidi
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    I wanted to share this as I'm hoping it will add to my motivation...

My WHY

My son took my photo while eating pancakes & bacon on Christmas morning with family. It's the worst photo I've seen of myself! Time to take control of this situation was what went through my head when I saw it. I may print a copy to keep on my fridge for motivation. Also, assorted aches, pains and low energy due to the extra weight. Need to shed about 50lbs. I'm also aware of how people who've known me for years will treat me differently now. It's rather sad. But I intend to make healthy changes.

Ahhh my kids do this. Except because she’s 4 she takes about 300 (no joke she just repeatedly presses the button lol)
    So I get that feeling!

missheidi wrote: »
    Okay so Marley is a lot worse today!

Getting the jet washer today so was hoping to do the garden but looks like Marley will need watching all day. She’s definitely got it worse than Saskia, it’s all over!. Think oat baths all day and cream will help.

She’s just trying to pick at the spots and although she doesn’t throw an almighty tantrum, she keeps trying to do it over and over again where at least my eldest stopped when told to!

Poor kid!
    So no goals today just looking after the poorly!

poor Marley! poor Mommy! will she wear mittens?

I used socks in the end haha
    She actually found it rather funny because they were patterned like a bear so she was just waving around bear hands :lol:

make sure she growls while she does it!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    penko47 wrote: »
    JFY
    1. 16,000 Steps :)
    2. log everything on MFP :) so happy!!!!
    3. Stay in the green :) so happy!!!!!
    4. Drink 6 bottles of water :)
    5. Plan Family trip :)
    6. Do one thing on my long priority work to do list :)

JFT
    1. 17,000 Steps
    2. log everything on MFP
    3. Stay in the green
    4. Drink 6 bottles of water
    5. Only eat back 1/2 exercise calories (this will take discipline)
    6. Do one thing on my long priority work to do list

How do you get all those steps in? Do you have a job at which you walk a lot? Retired?
  • hraasch12
    hraasch12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    JFY 1/21/18:

1. Stay under calorie goal :smile:
    2. Eat 3 servings of veggiea :smile:
    3. Study for exam on Tuesday :neutral: I did do some studying, but I'm coming down with a cold and it was hard to focus, my brain was just not having it!

JFT 1/22/18:
    1. Get 8,000 steps
    2. Daily Burn Strength and Cardio I
    3. Drink 80 oz water
    4. Stay under calorie goal
    5. 3 servings veggies
  • princessleia07
    princessleia07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have recipes to share
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @joan6630 and @OConnell5483

I know you both asked me how my Bullet Journal was going (lol I nearly shortened that to BJ, but think that’s inappropriate:lol: )

But it’s going okay, honestly I’ve been busy so not used it as much as I had liked! And some pages don’t really apply to me. But I’ve been filling it in with pencil and that makes it easy to edit. Realised by the end of the year I can rub it out and start again haha!

I think I need to buy a blank bullet journal and copy my favourite pages into it like the daily planner page as there’s only like 1 page of t but I’d use that daily so would need more lol!

I read mine this morning, thinking I better start using it!!! BUt ..... it is SO pretty, I hate to mark it up LOL. And, like you said, many of the pages I know I may not even use. I think I might do like @OConnell5483 does ... and use a pretty book with blank pages ... which I have here. But the Bullet Journal does give me lots of ideas of what to journal. (And ... maybe I'll just color it:)

Hope your little ones are feeling better? And yes, I think when you are pregnant, wattling definitely has to burn tons of calories LOL!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    *SIGH* I'm tired of being hungry all the doggone time. And I'm very clearly NOT eating at a deficit. I mean, I get day-to-day fluctuations. But I'm NOT trending downward. It's intensely frustrating, because as far as I can tell, I'm getting plenty of protein, fiber, and fat, and I'm just HUNGRY. I'm tired of it. I'm not starving all the time, but if I eat until I'm content - not FULL, just like... not hungry again half an hour later - I don't lose.

Right now I hate everything and I'm counting it a win that I made it to work and I'm doing my job rather than staying home and getting completely kitten-faced.

I have been the same way!! I count calories, and even eating sometimes 1400 calories a day, I am always hungry - not losing, and that would lead to binging. I am tall, and people tell me I should lose weight on 1400 cal, but I wasn't.

I was at the gym the other day, and got light-headed while exercising again. There is a gal there that weighs like 100 pounds, and it is such good shape (and she is a RN, specializing in nutrition), so she and I were talking. She told me that we should be eating 1 gm of protein for every pound of body weight! For me, that would be almost 190 gms of protein! She also told me you have to eat to lose, that if you don't, your body goes into starvation mode. Told me not to worry about calories ... just eat protein, veggies, and fruits.

I also was going to the gym before I ate anything, and she told me that when I do that, my body burns muscle, not fat. Which is NOT what I want to do!! So since last thrusday, I've been really concentrating on eating more protein --- protein with every meal, and with every snack. So when we have popcorn at nite, I eat a yogurt, or egg to go with it. While its only been 3 days of me doing this, I find I am doing much better with not being so hungry. And if I am hungry, I just go eat a yogurt or a hard boiled egg or cheese stick (and the scale seems to be moving, ever so slowly, but at least moving downward).

But ... we'll see how it goes for me, and hope I can continue not binging. But it may be that even though, like me, you think you are getting enough protein, you really are not. (I am now up to around 80 gms of protein - before I was lucky if I got to 50.
  • missheidi
    Options
    Thought of the day..

I wonder if waddling burns more calories than walking! :lol:

absolutely