Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Commentary: What Thin People Don't Get About Dieting

Options
SuzySunshine99
SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-thin-people-dieting-weight-food-resolutions-0101-20171227-story.html

I am not sure what made me more mad when I saw this commentary piece in the Chicago Tribune this morning....

The statement that "cutting calories alone doesn't lead to long-term weight loss".

The myth that there are "naturally thin" people who just have good genetics and high metabolism.

Or, the conclusion that if you are overweight, you do not have any chance of losing weight long term so you shouldn't even try.

So angry right now....

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this dreary op-ed article.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Trib's been terrible for a while now.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    In fact, dieters like the chocolate candy even more than before. This is because other diet-induced neurological changes make food not only taste better but also provide a bigger rush of the reward hormone dopamine. That’s the same hormone that is released when addicts use their drug of choice. Nicky doesn’t get that kind of rush from food.

What a load of crap...
This discussion has been closed.