Dry January!

Options

Replies

• reactivefuzz
    reactivefuzz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I was hung over on the first but I'll vow to keep dry to 2-5-18!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Welcome to new people! Wishing the best resolve to you all!

In the event you haven't seen it: One thing that has helped me is the Soda Stream. Which lets you make your own sparkling water drinks. Soda Stream sells classic soda syrups to go with it (diet cola, ginger ale, etc.) and there are lots of designer syrup options on Amazon and elsewhere. Some are sugar-free.

But, I just like to do a mixer with juice. My favorite is real pomegranate (e.g. Pom Wonderful) and lime. Typically, I mix at about 20% juice to seltzer. Good stuff!
  • KentuckyAHA
    KentuckyAHA Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to new people! Wishing the best resolve to you all!

In the event you haven't seen it: One thing that has helped me is the Soda Stream. Which lets you make your own sparkling water drinks. Soda Stream sells classic soda syrups to go with it (diet cola, ginger ale, etc.) and there are lots of designer syrup options on Amazon and elsewhere. Some are sugar-free.

But, I just like to do a mixer with juice. My favorite is real pomegranate (e.g. Pom Wonderful) and lime. Typically, I mix at about 20% juice to seltzer. Good stuff!

Thank you I am going to look into this!
  • KentuckyAHA
    Options
    It’s now Friday, the weekend can be more challenging for all of us but I’m hoping to tough through it and hope you all can do it too! Good luck! Keep up the great work! Our bodies will thank us! :)
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Ugh, weekends. I had a strong craving this afternoon but talked myself into doing a workout instead of taking a drive to the store. Day 5 down! We can do this! :)
  • KentuckyAHA
    Options
    Ugh, weekends. I had a strong craving this afternoon but talked myself into doing a workout instead of taking a drive to the store. Day 5 down! We can do this! :)
    Great Work @marieamethyst ! :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I made a wide berth around the wine aisle when I went to the store today for cat food. And I have to admit, today's the first day I had a hankering for some wine. But I will admit, I've been sleeping better the past few days without my usual evening glass of wine/skinny cocktail. One more day down.
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    @KentuckyAHA Thank you! :)

@b3achy Well done! I've been sleeping better too, and it's nice not to wake up at 2 AM.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Saturday down. Sunday is usually so busy that I don't have time to grab a drink, so it should be pretty easy. Nearly a week done! Well done everyone!
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Welcome to new joiners. Best resolve to everyone.
  • eddie_fields
    eddie_fields Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Day 7 today...making it to Sunday was the key to the streak staying alive because there are no alcohol sales here Sunday. Haven’t been too much off a struggle yet but as the newness of the challenge wears off it will get tougher. This thread has helped a bunch so thank you all!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Day 6! Feeling pretty proud - my skin is loving it too.
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    Yay, well done everyone! @Jthanmyfitnesspal glad you got the pipe fixed! @dkabambe Hope you're feeling better, the flu is awful
  • b3achy
    Options
    Day 7 today...making it to Sunday was the key to the streak staying alive because there are no alcohol sales here Sunday. Haven’t been too much off a struggle yet but as the newness of the challenge wears off it will get tougher. This thread has helped a bunch so thank you all!

Aw, nice to see some states still have some of the old blue laws on the books (at least that's what we called them when I was back in VA). Here in FL, it's no package/store sales before 11am on Sundays - I think they can sell it in restaurants for Sunday brunches, etc.