Keto

Options
2»

Replies

• Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Hi there! I've been doing the Keto lifestyle since the beginning of October. I've lost 33 pounds so far! I'm finally in ONEderland! I didn't think I'd ever get back down to here! Yes, I ate a calorie deficit at first. I've eaten at a calorie deficit before, but never made it below 200 pounds. Before, I'd also consume foods high in sugar. So even though I was eating at a calorie deficit, somehow my body didn't respond. But on Keto it did. Yesterday, my calories were over 2000. My TDEE is 2011 so I was around there. I lost a pound. So, if you think Keto can help you, definitely give it a go!

I suggest you join these 2 groups. They are highly informative and supportive. They are: The Low Carber Daily Group & Keto Group. Both groups are filled with resources, tips, recipes and support. Join them, and read through past discussions. Or post your own questions. Good luck on your journey!

That is scientifically impossible, you mustn't of been in a deficit.

Keto only works if you consume less calories than you burn, it is a woe not magic.

Well I declare...I (along with others) must be a medical marvel then! Sorry if you don't believe me, but it's true. I guess you could say I was in a deficit by about 7 calories. I weighed in at 194.4 the morning before then weighed the next morning 193.

I would guess it was inaccurate logging or not having your cals out calculated properly, as every tool out there is an estimate. the change in weight from one day to the next would be 90% water, as fat loss is slower than that. if you gain or lose a lot over a couple days or a week, it will be water retention related, not fat or muscle gain or loss

Uh...did you miss the part where I've lost 33 pounds since October 1st?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been doing the Keto lifestyle since the beginning of October. I've lost 33 pounds so far! I'm finally in ONEderland! I didn't think I'd ever get back down to here! Yes, I ate a calorie deficit at first. I've eaten at a calorie deficit before, but never made it below 200 pounds. Before, I'd also consume foods high in sugar. So even though I was eating at a calorie deficit, somehow my body didn't respond. But on Keto it did. Yesterday, my calories were over 2000. My TDEE is 2011 so I was around there. I lost a pound. So, if you think Keto can help you, definitely give it a go!

I suggest you join these 2 groups. They are highly informative and supportive. They are: The Low Carber Daily Group & Keto Group. Both groups are filled with resources, tips, recipes and support. Join them, and read through past discussions. Or post your own questions. Good luck on your journey!

That is scientifically impossible, you mustn't of been in a deficit.

Keto only works if you consume less calories than you burn, it is a woe not magic.

Well I declare...I (along with others) must be a medical marvel then! Sorry if you don't believe me, but it's true. I guess you could say I was in a deficit by about 7 calories. I weighed in at 194.4 the morning before then weighed the next morning 193.

So even though I was eating at a calorie deficit, somehow my body didn't respond.

This was your comment I bolded.

I stand by my comment that It is scientifically impossible to eat at a calorie deficit and your body not respond by losing weight over time.