New to Ketos

Options
Hello!
Looking for anyone doing the Ketos! I'm just starting out and looking for some helpful tips !! Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle!!

Replies

• anniekaypants
    anniekaypants Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started Keto about a month ago. I’ve never felt like I could stick to a “diet” before without constant cravings and deprivation. This has been an amazing experience so far. I highly recommend listening to some podcasts like Leanne Vogel’s Ketogenic Diet , Shawn Mynar Keto for women and Keto for Normies. The first two are actual nutritional therapists and I find to be credible; the latter are a funny couple who have a great sense of humor to n their approach to the lifestyle. Either way, tyy to get information from a variety of sources. Keto is pretty flexible and you can adjust as you learn. I haven’t been very strict and have already lost 10 this month and feel awesome. Good luck, girlfriend!
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Me too. I’m a newbie to this Keto thing. So far I’m actially enjoying it. As a self proclaimed carb addict, I can say that I’m not obsessed with what I’m going to eat next (as I always have been. I used to be on weight watchers and although I think it’s a good program. I hated the constant counting. And I think all the fruit/high carb veggies kept spiking my blood sugars which made me just think about food all day!) . I’m exploring new recipes, and liking it.
    My skin is very oily though. All this fat must be doing that!
  • bethany35
    bethany35 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started my Keto journey a couple of months ago. I have lost 24 lbs so far. I am loving it! I haven't been super strict through the holidays but am looking forward to getting back on track. My biggest hurdle was breaking my soda addiction. I did this by falling in love with Hint water. It has been a lifesaver.
  • kayleighmariemurphy
    Options
    I restarted keto on Tuesday. I tried it
    last year but... peer pressure!
    I enjoy keto and now I'm more motivated than ever! I've got a holiday to Florida this year and knowing that we'll be walking around a lot is a bit scary; I always get backache walking too much and I don't want to ruin it.
    I've also got PCOS, and me and my SO want to try for a baby soon. He's done keto since about May/June last year and has lost about 4 stone!
    Right now, I've got sweet cravings. Any advice how to stay sane while it passes?
  • anniekaypants
    anniekaypants Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @kaleighmariemurphy.
    Make some Fat bombs with sugar replacement! They are awesome and I don’t miss the sugar. I’ve been getting tons of ideas from Pinterest.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    there are several groups here focused on low carb diets, keto, and Atkins. Here's one of them. Lots of helpful info and potential friends. :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • jsian5212
    jsian5212 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did the HFLC diet for the past 6 months and he lost 40 lbs. The HF part made my cholesterol go up and my doctor is displeased so I need to adjust.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
  • Reesespieces16
    Reesespieces16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips and sites!!
  • hyperinchrist
    hyperinchrist Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends on this journey, I’m following Leanne Vogel and have lost 17.6 singing starting her book, bundle and meal plans.