Favorite and least favorite Stephen King books/movies?

Options
124»

Replies

• MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Favorite: The Talisman
    Least: Pet Cemetery

Think The Dome strayed too much from the book
  • Scubadivr205
    Scubadivr205 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Fav- IT - loved how it was really about the magic of kids

Least - Gerald's game.. seemed too much like Misery reversed

Never hated anything he wrote though!
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Favourite: Carrie

Least favourite: Cell
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    Options
    It's so hard to say. I can't remember how much I liked a lot of the books mentioned.

Favourite book - The Stand. I also loved the DT series, just not sure how I feel about the end (I just finished a few months ago).
    There are a lot of runner ups. Needful Things and Different Seasons were close.

Least favourite book - I don't think I liked Lisey's Story. I also wasnt a big fan of Under the Dome.

Favourite movie - Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption. I haven't seen a lot of the movies though.

Least favourite movie - I was disappointed with Hearts in Atlantis.

I was also disappointed with the end of the Dark Tower Series. Did you read the most recent one to come out - it takes place in the middle of the story - I thought that was great. I also would really have liked to read the graphic novels, but I haven't had the opportunity.

ETA - I'm going to have to start watching the movies.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Favorite book: Dolores Claiborne, possibly Misery

Least Favorite book: probably Bag of Bones or The Cell
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Favorite? It
    Least? Rose Madder

Movie: The Shining. Classic.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I grew up on Stephen King - my mom is a huge fan and I started cutting my literary teeth on Eyes of a Dragon and Carrie. I loved Rage. Loved it. I was furious when my original copy finally fell apart and I couldn't just go out and buy it anymore d/t it being retired after Columbine. Delores Claiborne and Rose Madder left me a little pukey as they touched on some really deep wounds, but I consider that a good thing, because it meant I connected with the characters and discovered something about myself. Above all, I treasure It and The Stand.

When I read the last DT book, I was so disgusted I donated it immediately. I stopped reading for a while after that. I did Under the Dome, meh. Lisey's Story didn't really connect either. Currently picking my way through Joyland, but its so damned slow.

Going back to the pre-accident stuff.

I used to love Pet Sematary...then I had kids. And one child, who was maybe 2 at the time, went barreling down my front lawn, towards the very busy state higway MN 75. I ran after him, screaming his name all the way, begging the Gods above and below to trip him, make me faster...and I grabbed that little ba*()*d by the collar of his shirt, yanked him right out of his little sandals, not 8 ft from the road where a semi had just passed. Poor driver prolly needed a clean pair of Jockeys. After that, each time I read that section from Pet Sematary where Gage dies in a similar manner, I need to find a bathroom or bucket, cause I see my little boy's sandals on the edge of the grass and I vomit.

Haven't watched many movies. I like the Creepshow tho!
  • StephenKingLover1024
    Options
    Favorite Book: Under the Dome or The Long Walk

Least Favorite Book: Cell

Favorite Movie: Misery

Least Favorite Movie: The Running Man
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Fave book: The Talisman
    Fave movie: The Shining (but there's something about Pet Sematary that will always hold a special place in my heart)
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Favorite Book: Under the Dome or The Long Walk

Least Favorite Book: Cell

Favorite Movie: Misery

Least Favorite Movie: The Running Man
    Cell was God awful. I don't think I made it past the second chapter.