Please don't let your body be CONSTIPATED ! (Tmi warning)

Options

Replies

• GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Rocbola wrote: »
    Totally agree about the importance of gut health. I used to have IBS pretty bad when i was younger, and then constipation later in my 30's.

I fixed it by simply eating better.

As a cyclist, it is so much nicer to be able to bring my knees to my chest without discomfort. I can take a much more aggressive position on the bike now. I see so many people with big ol' guts, even skinny people; too much junk in the trunk. I can suck my gut in like i could when i was a kid.

Thanks for your comment and constipation definitely efacts flexibility and stuff like that. I remember when I was in middleschool I could suck my tummy in barely at all... and I felt so stiff in my midsection I thought I had a tumor or something back then
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    whosshe wrote: »
    Good lord......the AVERAGE is once a day but it can be more and WAY less. ....
    Some can go 3 days or more without anyone being concerned.

Laxative and enema abuse will seriously damage your ability to go naturally.

No one NEEDS an enema to cleanse the colon and telling people they need that and laxatives is dangerous advice.

No that is not healthy at all you have been lied 2. Think of your colon as a factory when you eat more food comes in therefore more food should come out the only exception would be people on very low calorie diets. And even then they should go every 2 days

I only have a BM about twice a week. I never feel pain and it's never uncomfortable once I do go. I had a colonoscopy about 2 months ago and apparently everything is good2go soooo...

ETA: by a GASTROENTEROLOGIST by the way lol

Do you eat 3 meals a day? How do you think it's good for all that food to be backed up into your colon it's not good and it effects how you absorb vitamins and nutrients. You don't have to listen to me im just sincerely telling you from my own experiences also some doctors have very low standards on colon health they will tell you something is normal just because it is common. Normal doesn't equal healthy and this problem can be easily fixed so don't worry.

stuff only gets backed up if it cant be relieved.and as long as you dont have a health issue such as digestive issues or something else to where you cant absorb vitamins correctly then no its not unhealthy. your experience and what you may have been told is your experience. just because it happened that way and effected you doesnt mean it will everyone else. doesnt matter how many meals a day a person eats either. your body takes time to digest food and if you are digesting it too quickly or not at all then its going to come out that much faster and will lead to digestive issues. ask those who eats certain things and it goes right through them. are you saying that its healthy?
This discussion has been closed.