Low Carb

Hello,

I am starting a Low Carb/ Keto diet plan and I am staying under 20 grams a carbs. I am looking to lose 20 lbs in about 2 months are 2 1/2. If anyone is on a Low Carb diet that want to exchange information are help if each other out on our goals that will be great!! Let's do this..EVERYTHINGHASCARBS...UH!!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    If 20 pounds is all you have to lose, it will take more than 2 months. If you find low carb hard to stick to, maybe you shouldn't do low carb.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Many keto'ers in these groups:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

There is a lot of knowledge and support in both groups. Good luck.
  • annairene8200
    annairene8200 Posts: 22 Member
    I lost 80lbs with low carb. Keto is super strict from my research. I did Jorge cruise belly fat cure. It’s a little more lenient. It’s not that hard to do lo carb just make sure you get wide range of protein to keep it interesting.
  • csheh
    csheh Posts: 2 Member
    I'm right there with you on your journey! I lost 25 pounds last time I did low carb, but slowly gained it back plus more over 15 years. Back to it again and now realize how much I missed it.

For a good low carb source, check out the Facebook pages Peace, Love and Low Carb; she (Kendra Holley) has a few different pages to choose from. The recipes are excellent and you get a lot of other great low carb info.

Good luck!
  • IamFLmomx5
    IamFLmomx5 Posts: 3 Member
    I've recently begun doing LCHF (low carb high fat). I try to stay under about 75g of carbs per day (about 15% of my calories.) I started Jan 3rd and as of today I have lost 7.4lbs. I am finding it easy to stay within my calorie goals because the protein and fat have kept me satisfied so far. I think keto would be too strict for me and not something I could stick to. Low carb also allows for me to have a cheat meal on a special occasion. On keto I would put myself out of ketosis.

I have at least 60lbs to lose, and was diagnosed right before Christmas.