Eggs are wicked

13»

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Wingsont84 wrote: »
    I am trying to run a high carb diet, with a good protein intake also, and less fat. Guess you can say it's keto kind of diet.
    Nah. You could say it's the opposite of a keto diet.
    I wasn't trying to do a keto diet, I am actually taking on my own diet. High carbs low fat, and protein, I have never looked up on keto diet, just figured by Barry saying is was somewhat like keto.

I stick with choosing a higher carb or fat, never have both the same protein stays the same.
    Composing your own diet is cool. But the rest you are saying does not make sense.
    My diet right now run 50/20/30, so far down 9 lbs
    What's what? 50C/20P/30F is MFP's default split.
    Weightloss is down to calorie deficit, not macro split.

Yes calories are important, you want to be burning off more calories in a day then you eat.
    When eating carbs that help with insulin. Insulin increases you metabolism to burn more overall calories. Carbs when digested into your system turn into glycogen which is basically energy for your muscles.

If you are trying to talk about the Thermic effect of food and macros, you are 100% wrong. Carbs and fats have low effect with Protein having nearly 5 times the effect of carbs.
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    I am trying to run a high carb diet, with a good protein intake also, and less fat. Guess you can say it's keto kind of diet.
    I wasn't trying to do a keto diet, I am actually taking on my own diet. High carbs low fat, and protein, I have never looked up on keto diet, just figured by Barry saying is was somewhat like keto.

I stick with choosing a higher carb or fat, never have both the same protein stays the same.
    Composing your own diet is cool. But the rest you are saying does not make sense.

Yes calories are important, you want to be burning off more calories in a day then you eat.
    When eating carbs that help with insulin. Insulin increases you metabolism to burn more overall calories. Carbs when digested into your system turn into glycogen which is basically energy for your muscles.

If you are trying to talk about the Thermic effect of food and macros, you are 100% wrong. Carbs and fats have low effect with Protein having nearly 5 times the effect of carbs.

Protein is clearly gonna be better, but I didn't say I was just gonna do a mad protein diet, plus to much protein will turn into fat, and can do alot more if you over do it, why we want carbs and fat in place for a diet. Reason I choose 30%c 20%f 30%p .
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    High carb to me is 60%+. I actually raise my dietary fat in a calorie deficit and lower my carbs. Weight gain is where I increase carbs and go back to moderate fat.

It all comes down to a calorie deficit at the end of the week no matter how you split macros up. Nutritionally and effects on our body is a different story. For fat loss, dietary fat actually enhances your body's ability to burn fat and it also keeps you hormonally healthy while you are losing weight. It helps set the stage for optimal fat loss, insulin is released in proportion to the amount of carbs consumed, this effects nutrient partitioning, etc etc.

Meeting protein (calories from protein has the highest TEF about 30%, and very satiating) and letting carbs and fat fall accordingly (for proper energy balance in line with your goals and exercise) as protein is your muscle insurance for preventing muscle loss as you lose weight.

But on the topic of eggs, love eggs. I mix whites and whole eggs, or whole eggs help me meet dietary fat and have more flavor.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member

Protein is clearly gonna be better, but I didn't say I was just gonna do a mad protein diet, plus to much protein will turn into fat, and can do alot more if you over do it, why we want carbs and fat in place for a diet. Reason I choose 30%c 20%f 30%p .

Only if you go over your maintenance calories. As with any macro.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member

Protein is actually the least macro that will turn into fat... eating too many of any macro will cause fat gain.
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Protein is actually the least macro that will turn into fat... eating too many of any macro will cause fat gain.

I hear you, this post went out of the whole I love eggs
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Well I love eggs, so much to do with them. Best protein grab out there, only problem is I have to start taking out some yolk that killing my high carb diet.

Who else likes them eggs.

I eat them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!
    2, sometimes 3.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    they are all they are cracked up to be